New Zealand

Ninja mutant creatures unite. Here's the place to do it.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Grey Death
Adventurer

Unread post by Grey Death »

You should check Mutants down under. I don't remeber if it mentions New Zealand or not. But it will be helful with the animals. Not to mention are the Jakartans messing with them too?
gordyzx9r
Hero

Unread post by gordyzx9r »

I think I would just transplant Mezoicland there as I don't like the way it fits into Cuba...
"Select the facts and you manipulate the truth!" - Calvin & Hobbes
Juankis
Wanderer

Unread post by Juankis »

Don't forget the Hobbit human purebreed :P
"If you want something done, ask. If you want something done quickly, ask, and then begin counting down from ten with no explanation."
- Mahatma Gandhi
"Unit be the side of darkeness"
Grey Death
Adventurer

if i can work out a reasonable and logical way to work out fish.

If you are refering to animal stats. There is a rifter (I forget what number sorry) that has all kinds of stats for fish, crabs ect.
Grey Death
Adventurer

If I remember correctly TMNT has a section on creating animals that are not the book. They have a formula of some sort. But it looks like you are on the right track. Don't forget about stuff like flight, glide, acute vision, Beak as a weapon. Not to mention are you planning the Haast as a purebred? You might get ideas from the condor. Which I believe is in the Road Hoggs book or the Yucatan. I dont have my books with me. I do not recall off the top of my head. As far as the Moa, you might look at the mutants down under, at the flightless bird in that book. Which to be honest I can't remember the name of. (Its 7:00am and I have not had my coffee, please excuse my memory till my noggin warms up :sleep: .) Anyways could have some good ideas for you. I have a question for you though. You obviously know New Zealand better than I. Is it New Zealand or Tasmania that has the Bulldog ants. I saw a tv program on them. Nasty critters. If mutated and huge insanely nasty critters. Yes for you keeping score out in computer land the Mutants Down under has bulldog ants as riding creatures. But the way those are described and the way the real bulldog ants are, are different. Anyway just a thought. Just had another thought. What is the reason that the Jakartan navy is missing is because the fish nation outside of New Zealand took them out. Maybe thats more incentive to keep Jakarta out.
gordyzx9r
Hero

macksting wrote:Personally, I wouldn't neglect the threat presented by the Black Sailed fleet which decimated Jakarta's navy. This could make for a delightful tie-in with Oceana. (Granted, this is not wholly necessary, but it seems like they were sailing on that side of Aussie.)

So long as the Black Sailed fleet remains an enigma.
Grey Death
Adventurer

Looks awesome friend. When you get it all typed out, I myself would love a copy. Reference to your question of the blackbird. I think it is lumped in with one of the catagory of birds in the main book. But I could be wrong.
gordyzx9r
Hero

macksting wrote:Fair enough.
You seem awfully willing to dispense with the Black Sails in favor of other villains. How far apart are Aussie and New Zealand, anyway?

IMO it would be kinda hard to go into detail with something that should be kept an enigma.
gordyzx9r
Hero

I'm not a fan of humans mutating into animals, I like it the old fashioned way.
gordyzx9r
Hero

macksting wrote:...just so happens I'm also not superfond of the meat potato.

I think that was just a way to skirt the moral issues of sentient life feasting upon one another. I don't mind the meat potato thing so much, though I am staying clear of letting insects be used as intelligent playable characters...they're the livestock in my AtB settings.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

there is unmutated life, it's just rare.

per canon,
i think nearly all the mammals mutated or died, but birds, reptiles and amphibians were mostly unaffected. thats whats implied in the book.

if you want some unmutated ecosystems to survive, you'd have to explain why. perhaps much of New Zealands fauna is naturally immune due to genetic drift? or some of the plant life there has an effect that functions to boost the immune system of animals, which kept the desease limited to specific populations.

perhaps all the cloneing and genetic manipulation done to rebuild the lost ecosystem resulted in populations genetically stronger and less mutable?
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Grey Death
Adventurer

Orinsul anything new with the New Zealand material? Just curious.
Hale Chidduck: Do you believe in karma?
Joe Sarno: Karma's justice without the satisfaction. I don't believe in justice.

Return to “After the Bomb® RPG & TMNT®”