A Marvel Quiz of a DIFFERENT sort.....

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

A Marvel Quiz of a DIFFERENT sort.....

Unread post by cornholioprime »

I'm stringing up a series of Questions about "classic" Marvel Comics. There'll be a few "New" Marvel Questions here and there, but I must confess that this former Marvel Zombie hasn't regularly read/collected Books from the Company since Bill Sienkiewicz's "Stray Toasters."

Not even any "No-prizes to be awarded; this is all for fun-and-games.

The HARD part, for me, is setting up these Questions so that you can't Google the Answers (at least not easily, anyways).

I'll follow the Format used by other Posters to other Quizzes of this type, and post new Questions as the old ones get answered correctly (and/or as fast as I can think of new ones).

For the record, I was ABOUT to use the first Bucky as the Answer to the question, "What is the name of the ONLY Marvel Main Character that has never been resurrected...?"

But I hear that now they've brought HIM back, too....... :-(

A]] The REAL Reason why the Cosmic Cube now named "Kosmos" once named itself "The Beyonder" (100 pts.)

B]] Name of the fictitional Crimnal Oil Company used by Marvel Comics (20 pts.)

C]] Name of the fictitional Crime Family used by Marvel Comics in the 70s (15 pts.)

D]] The most powerful Person/Alien/Being/Entity EVER to have existed in the Marvel Universe, past or present (35 pts.)

E]] Accessed Galactus' Worldship Database; used the Ultimate knowledge contained theirein to gain near-infinite power; later allowed himself to be killed out of despair (20 pts.)

F]] He was gonna kill the Kingpin, but when he found out that they shared the same birthday, he killed his employer instead and offered the head to Fisk as a gift.... (30 pts.)

G]] This being, obsessed with defeating Thor and blaming him for his near-death, had his Strength augmented by the Beyonder to levels surpassing Thor's (even WITH his Belt of Strength on) in order for the Beyonder to try to understand the nature of Desire... (30 pts.)

H]] Dr. Doom once sucessfully conquered the entire Earth with this man's/woman's/being's "help..." (20 pts.)

I]] Captain America was finally forced to behead this man in order to stop the menace that he posed... (40 pts.)

Why beheading?? (an additional 10 Points)

J]] In their final battle, Nick Fury managed to trick this (wo)man's own Troops to fire upon him/her; in the chaos and in desperation to escape the friendly fire, (s)he ran through a door right into an active reactor and was incinerated (50 pts.)

K]] Marvel's "answer" to A.M.A.Z.O., albeit a distant second in terms of capabilities (30 pts.)

L]] These Beings once mystically turned the Sun black (while it still emitted its light and heat) (70 pts.)

M]] This Human/Alien/Being/Entity was once invited to be the fourth face of the Living Tribunal, but refused... (30 pts.)

N]] The visiting Aliens decided to choose only ONE of the Planet's two dominant species. The spurned Race rose up in anger, killed the visitors, and eventually reverse-engineered the Alien Technology. Once they located the Aliens, a war began that went on for ages. (50 pts.)

What are the names of the three Species in question??

THAT'S ALL FOR NOW, FOLKS...AND I'M STARTING TO THINK THAT I SHOULD ASK SENTINEL TO SIT THIS ONE OUT (and Sentinel, if you find these TOO easy, just PM me with the Answers and I'll let you know how many you got right on the first try)......
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
Marrowlight
Knight
Comment: Listen very carefully, human...the fact that I even allow you to speak directly to me is a gift I bestow upon you. You do not order me. You beg for my appreciation and then wait to see if I choose to bestow it upon you.

Re: A Marvel Quiz of a DIFFERENT sort.....

Unread post by Marrowlight »

cornholioprime wrote:A]] The REAL Reason why the Cosmic Cube now named "Kosmos" once named itself "The Beyonder" (100 pts.)

Wasn't it something corny like he was from Beyond the Universe?

cornholioprime wrote:B]] Name of the fictitional Crimnal Oil Company used by Marvel Comics (20 pts.)

Roxxon

cornholioprime wrote:C]] Name of the fictitional Crime Family used by Marvel Comics in the 70s (15 pts.)

The Maggia

cornholioprime wrote:D]] The most powerful Person/Alien/Being/Entity EVER to have existed in the Marvel Universe, past or present (35 pts.)

The Living Tribunal

cornholioprime wrote:E]] Accessed Galactus' Worldship Database; used the Ultimate knowledge contained theirein to gain near-infinite power; later allowed himself to be killed out of despair (20 pts.)

Korvac

cornholioprime wrote:F]] He was gonna kill the Kingpin, but when he found out that they shared the same birthday, he killed his employer instead and offered the head to Fisk as a gift.... (30 pts.)

No real clue, so on a whim going to throw out Bullseye.

cornholioprime wrote:G]] This being, obsessed with defeating Thor and blaming him for his near-death, had his Strength augmented by the Beyonder to levels surpassing Thor's (even WITH his Belt of Strength on) in order for the Beyonder to try to understand the nature of Desire... (30 pts.)

hrm...going to go with Kurse (though I'm half afraid it was Ulik)

cornholioprime wrote:H]] Dr. Doom once sucessfully conquered the entire Earth with this man's/woman's/being's "help..." (20 pts.)

The Purple Man

cornholioprime wrote:I]] Captain America was finally forced to behead this man in order to stop the menace that he posed... (40 pts.)

Baron Blood (or some cute variation of that...like Bludd) and beheading because he was a Vampire.

cornholioprime wrote:J]] In their final battle, Nick Fury managed to trick this (wo)man's own Troops to fire upon him/her; in the chaos and in desperation to escape the friendly fire, (s)he ran through a door right into an active reactor and was incinerated (50 pts.)

Drawing a blank, going to go with Scorpio.

cornholioprime wrote:K]] Marvel's "answer" to A.M.A.Z.O., albeit a distant second in terms of capabilities (30 pts.)

Super Adaptoid

cornholioprime wrote:L]] These Beings once mystically turned the Sun black (while it still emitted its light and heat) (70 pts.)

Meh, total blank here too - these are the beings from the Black Galaxy though, yes?

cornholioprime wrote:M]] This Human/Alien/Being/Entity was once invited to be the fourth face of the Living Tribunal, but refused... (30 pts.)

the Stranger

cornholioprime wrote:N]] The visiting Aliens decided to choose only ONE of the Planet's two dominant species. The spurned Race rose up in anger, killed the visitors, and eventually reverse-engineered the Alien Technology. Once they located the Aliens, a war began that went on for ages. (50 pts.)

The Skrull were the visitors, the Kree were the killers, and I believe the other race was spelled the Cotati (one of their kind became a....not sure quite how to describe it...rebirth/imitation of the Swordsman and went off with Mantis into space)
znbrtn
Hero

Unread post by znbrtn »

the only one i know off the top of my head is B, which is roxxon oil.
look up in the sky, it's a bird, it's a plane, it's Airman, *****, and i'm bringin' the pain!
i got a fan installed in my grill, no lie, i'm gonna blow your *** straight off the map, goodbye!
Marcantony
Adventurer

Unread post by Marcantony »

A]] The REAL Reason why the Cosmic Cube now named "Kosmos" once named itself "The Beyonder" (100 pts.)

Roxxon

C]] Name of the fictitional Crime Family used by Marvel Comics in the 70s (15 pts.)

Maggia

D]] The most powerful Person/Alien/Being/Entity EVER to have existed in the Marvel Universe, past or present (35 pts.)

Death

E]] Accessed Galactus' Worldship Database; used the Ultimate knowledge contained theirein to gain near-infinite power; later allowed himself to be killed out of despair (20 pts.)

Korvac

F]] He was gonna kill the Kingpin, but when he found out that they shared the same birthday, he killed his employer instead and offered the head to Fisk as a gift.... (30 pts.)

G]] This being, obsessed with defeating Thor and blaming him for his near-death, had his Strength augmented by the Beyonder to levels surpassing Thor's (even WITH his Belt of Strength on) in order for the Beyonder to try to understand the nature of Desire... (30 pts.)

Kurse

H]] Dr. Doom once sucessfully conquered the entire Earth with this man's/woman's/being's "help..." (20 pts.)

I]] Captain America was finally forced to behead this man in order to stop the menace that he posed... (40 pts.)

Baron Blood

Because he was a vampire

J]] In their final battle, Nick Fury managed to trick this (wo)man's own Troops to fire upon him/her; in the chaos and in desperation to escape the friendly fire, (s)he ran through a door right into an active reactor and was incinerated (50 pts.)

K]] Marvel's "answer" to A.M.A.Z.O., albeit a distant second in terms of capabilities (30 pts.)

Super Adaptoid

L]] These Beings once mystically turned the Sun black (while it still emitted its light and heat) (70 pts.)

M]] This Human/Alien/Being/Entity was once invited to be the fourth face of the Living Tribunal, but refused... (30 pts.)

Cant remember. It was either the Silver Surfer, Quasar or Dr Strange.

N]] The visiting Aliens decided to choose only ONE of the Planet's two dominant species. The spurned Race rose up in anger, killed the visitors, and eventually reverse-engineered the Alien Technology. Once they located the Aliens, a war began that went on for ages. (50 pts.)

Skrulls, Kree and Cotati. The at the time peaceful Skrulls chose the Cotati. The Kree felt dissed, cried like girls and then ran out and killed everyone. Thus started the Kree/Skrull war.
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

DAMN!!!

The (Marvel) Force is strong with this one.

(Meaning Marrowlight)

HOWEVER..........

You are missing the correct Answers for Questions L, J F, D, and my Favorite Question, Question A (beacause it seems to be the ONL Y one that will stump you folks for very long)!!!

Keep plugging away at it.....and as for ME, I've got to come up with MUCH harder Questions, if I can........

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
Marrowlight
Knight
Comment: Listen very carefully, human...the fact that I even allow you to speak directly to me is a gift I bestow upon you. You do not order me. You beg for my appreciation and then wait to see if I choose to bestow it upon you.

I'll let Sentinel or someone else take a stab at those - I could find out if I did some research, and I will if no one else jumps up with the answers by the time I get home this evening, but I'd rather see if someone knows them off the top of their head.

And depending on who the answer to D is, I might contest - considering what the Tribunal is (essentially, he keeps an eye on things for God and is normally shown above all the other Cosmic Beings, even Eternity and Death and what not....but then the answer could always just be God, after all :) )

And blast about A: I really could've sworn I remembered some cheesy dialogue about how he was "A Universe From Beyond your Universe!" when he was talking to the people after he'd pulled all the random places together to form the Beyonder Planet for the Secret Wars.

hrm wth, I'll take one more guess on this one since I had some names pop into my head

cornholioprime wrote:F]] He was gonna kill the Kingpin, but when he found out that they shared the same birthday, he killed his employer instead and offered the head to Fisk as a gift.... (30 pts.)

Let's try Hammerhead - seems like the type of insane thing he'd do.
Sentinel
Palladin

Unread post by Sentinel »

cornholioprime wrote:I'm stringing up a series of Questions about "classic" Marvel Comics. There'll be a few "New" Marvel Questions here and there, but I must confess that this former Marvel Zombie hasn't regularly read/collected Books from the Company since Bill Sienkiewicz's "Stray Toasters."

Not even any "No-prizes to be awarded; this is all for fun-and-games.

The HARD part, for me, is setting up these Questions so that you can't Google the Answers (at least not easily, anyways).

I'll follow the Format used by other Posters to other Quizzes of this type, and post new Questions as the old ones get answered correctly (and/or as fast as I can think of new ones).

For the record, I was ABOUT to use the first Bucky as the Answer to the question, "What is the name of the ONLY Marvel Main Character that has never been resurrected...?"

But I hear that now they've brought HIM back, too....... :-(

Fret not: Captain Mar-Vell is still dead (Ultimate version doesn't count, as it's a different Universe Continuity. Besides, he could get cancer too).

Because it came from Beyond. Truthfully, it didn't name itself: simply stated that it came from Beyond. The other characters took to calling him/it "The Beyonder".

Roxxon Oil.

The Maggia.

Subjective. The Living Tribunal is generally regarded as such, although he makes referrence to "The One Above All".
The Watcher (Uatu) makes referrence to the power of Love as the most potent force in the Univerese.
One must also regard Thanos in possession of The Infinity Guantlet, as well as the entity who split itself into the gems to begin with.

Michael Korvac.

Kurse, formerly known as Algrim the Strong.

The Purple Man, in the graphic novel "Emporer Doom"

Baron Blood.

It was the only way he had available to kill the WWII vampire.

The Super Adaptoid.

If this story occured in the Creatures On The Loose series (Thongar), I don't remember the entities names.
If not, then you got me.

There was a fourth entity which separated itself, and supposedly became The Stranger.

The Kree.

The other two are the Cotati and the Skrulls.

THAT'S ALL FOR NOW, FOLKS...AND I'M STARTING TO THINK THAT I SHOULD ASK SENTINEL TO SIT THIS ONE OUT (and Sentinel, if you find these TOO easy, just PM me with the Answers and I'll let you know how many you got right on the first try)......

They weren't that easy.
That's what I got off the top...
when you get right down to it, Sentinel's right.~Uncle Servo.

Sentinel. you'll be always loved by the German Princess.~Nelly

That's twice in one day Sentinel has cleaned up my mess.~The Galactus Kid.

That's the best place to start. Otherwise, listen to Sentinel~lather

Listen to the Sentinel...he speaks truth.~ Shadyslug

Sentinel you have the biggest sig I've ever seen~Natasha
KillWatch
Champion

Unread post by KillWatch »

B]] Name of the fictitional Crimnal Oil Company used by Marvel Comics (20 pts.) Roxxon

D]] The most powerful Person/Alien/Being/Entity EVER to have existed in the Marvel Universe, past or present (35 pts.) Living Tribunal

Galactus,...?

Baron Blood

Vampire

damn I suck
The entire experiment may ultimately not work. But as Tiger Woods tears into the springbok, his mouth crimson with blood, he looks to have all the makings of a natural-born killer.
Traska
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Traska »

I'm going to say Krona, JLA/Avengers 1-4. He made a fortress out of Galactus' corpse. If that isn't damn tough, I don't know what is.
Marrowlight
Knight

Not sure if Krona would count since he's technically a DC character. But who knows -- well someone knows but he's not talking! :)
Traska
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Traska »

It says to ever have existed int he Marvel universe, past or present. For four issues he straddled the line... and I'm pretty sure the final showdown with Krona took place in the Marvelverse, given that his fortress was the aforementioned pink armor, which millions have trembled before.
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

I'll make ONE "apology," but at the same time will gloat about stumping Sentinel on at least ONE of the Answers (Go to the Quiz that Sentinel made up in another Thread; I have seen Sentinel's [Marvel] Force, and it is STROOOONG!!!!)

First, I will "apologize" for Question D]]. The Answer to that Question is Thanos......once he found out the Frequency to the Universe and synchronized with it in "Thanos: The End." Once Synchronized, Thanos actually BECAME the Universe and everything in it...including Eternity/Death/Infinity/Oblivion, as well as the Tribunal itself. Too bad for him that it was a trap that "God" Himself had set up before willing Itself out of existence.

I found out upon looking into it further that that Comic isn't really considered Earth-616 Material... something in the Series about people PERMANENTLY staying dead definitely marks this as non-Marvel Canon.

Sorry.

Second, as refers to Answer F]] The Answer is "The Foreigner." As a side 'deal,' every year on their mutual birthday, one or the other of the two tries to make a half-hearted attempt to kill the other.

Oh well. The Foreigner does pretty much the same thing to his ex-wife, Silver Sable, every year on either their Wedding Anniversary or Divorce Date.....

Third: Answer L]]. The Beings who turned the Sun Black were the Dire Wraiths of the "ROM: Spaceknight" Series, which WERE part of the mainstream Marvel Comics Continuity.

Fourth: Answer J]] Nick Fury tricked Baron von Strucker's Troops into firing at him by switching Masks that Strucker himself had made earlier in attempt to frame Fury for something (I forget what or why).

And saving the BEST one for last, the one that stumped even migthy Sentinel:

Answer A]]: The REAL reason that the "Beyonder" named himself as such is beacuse he was subconciously aware of where he came from -namely, the Dimension of the Beings called -yes, you guessed it- the Beyonders. VERY Few Beings of any Power Level have ever seen these Beings; I don't think/remember that even the Watchers are aware of them!!!

The Beyonders' Dimesion is the Universe where ALL of the Energy that creates Cosmic Cubes (remember that Cosmic Cubes are actually nothing more than Matrices wherein the Energy is containe) comes from.

I believe that the High Evolutionary went temporarily insane when his ENTIRE Counter-Earth was placed into a Museum for the Beyonders, but my Memory is fuzzy on that particular Storyline.

If one of you Marvel Collectors has the series of HandBooks from the early to mid-eighties (we all called it OHOTMU for short), you should be able to find a picture of a Beyonder in there......

Oh, well. Nice to know that Sentinel's Lore: All Things Marvel Skill is "only" at 98% instead of a 150%. Still way above mine, though....

:lol:

Marrowlight
Knight

Good quiz, all in all. I'd have never guessed the Dire Wraiths or Foreigner even if I was given 50 guesses per question.

Though in my defense, Baron Von Strucker is alive, and has been for years (hell decades) so you threw me when you put in Final Battle in the question - a matter of your info being older like you warned us about at the beginning, and my guess of Scorpio was a pure guess, but as he was the only key Fury villain I could think of that's stayed dead, that's why he was my guess. No promise I would've said Strucker, but still - Sentinel might've :)
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Marrowlight wrote:Good quiz, all in all. I'd have never guessed the Dire Wraiths or Foreigner even if I was given 50 guesses per question.

Though in my defense, Baron Von Strucker is alive, and has been for years (hell decades) so you threw me when you put in Final Battle in the question - a matter of your info being older like you warned us about at the beginning, and my guess of Scorpio was a pure guess, but as he was the only key Fury villain I could think of that's stayed dead, that's why he was my guess. No promise I would've said Strucker, but still - Sentinel might've :)
I'd like to research what you said about Strucker being alive.

As far as I ever knew, he was survived (read: "survived" as in "STILL dead") by his Twins, Andrea and I-forget-the-boy's name Strucker, Mutants in their own right who can fire powerful blasts of Energy as long as they hold hands.

They are the leaders/founders of FENRIS.

Marrowlight
Knight

cornholioprime wrote:
Marrowlight wrote:Good quiz, all in all. I'd have never guessed the Dire Wraiths or Foreigner even if I was given 50 guesses per question.

As far as I ever knew, he was survived (read: "survived" as in "STILL dead") by his Twins, Andrea and I-forget-the-boy's name Strucker, Mutants in their own right who can fire powerful blasts of Energy as long as they hold hands.

He's been alive for as long as I can remember (granted, I'm only 27). Andrea is dead, her brother is the current Swordsman, and had a part of her flesh leathered and wrapped around his Sword Hilt so he can still use his powers despite her being dead.

Baron Von Strucker was last seen in the same issue that it was revealed who the new Swordsman was, and how he was firing his energy bursts through his sword.

This issue, in question, was last month's issue of Thunderbolts - So Von Strucker is very much recently alive.

For a near full report of his life though, feel free to check out a very beloved site, http://www.chronologyproject.com
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Marrowlight wrote:
cornholioprime wrote:

He's been alive for as long as I can remember (granted, I'm only 27). Andrea is dead, her brother is the current Swordsman, and had a part of her flesh leathered and wrapped around his Sword Hilt so he can still use his powers despite her being dead.

Baron Von Strucker was last seen in the same issue that it was revealed who the new Swordsman was, and how he was firing his energy bursts through his sword.

This issue, in question, was last month's issue of Thunderbolts - So Von Strucker is very much recently alive.

For a near full report of his life though, feel free to check out a very beloved site, http://www.chronologyproject.com
Confirmed.

Red Skull or MODOK or Ben Reilly or Carrion or the Montesi Formula or some other formulaic Marvel Plotline CRAP ressurected Strucker.

I stand corrected.

Sentinel
Palladin

There was another Strucker child named Werner.
I believe the Baron killed his own son, and thus Andreas is the sole surviving Strucker child.

cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Sentinel wrote:There was another Strucker child named Werner.
I believe the Baron killed his own son, and thus Andreas is the sole surviving Strucker child.
Andrea. According to one of the other Posters, her skin is leather on the Grip of her brother's Sword; this way, he still gets to fire off those Energy Blasts that they wield together...

Sentinel
Palladin

cornholioprime wrote:
Andrea. According to one of the other Posters, her skin is leather on the Grip of her brother's Sword; this way, he still gets to fire off those Energy Blasts that they wield together...

Yes.
Morbid, isn't it?

I had known Baron Strucker was being resurrected back in the early 90s, in the SHIELD series, but I wasn't reading the series at the time. I did however see Strucker in the Annual cross-overs, involving Cap, Daredevil, and the Punisher I believe.

cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Sentinel wrote:
cornholioprime wrote:

Yes.
Morbid, isn't it?

I had known Baron Strucker was being resurrected back in the early 90s, in the SHIELD series, but I wasn't reading the series at the time. I did however see Strucker in the Annual cross-overs, involving Cap, Daredevil, and the Punisher I believe.
This wasn't that whole Life Model Decoy Storyline, was it??? Could've sworn that I saw Strucker there, as the leader.....

Sentinel
Palladin

cornholioprime wrote:
Sentinel wrote:
cornholioprime wrote:

Yes.
Morbid, isn't it?

This wasn't that whole Life Model Decoy Storyline, was it??? Could've sworn that I saw Strucker there, as the leader.....

No, they really reanimated the Baron.
Shortly thereafter, The Baron was seen in the company of the Red Skull (right before Crossbones got fired, and we started a storyline in which Cross kidnaps Diamondback...), and Hydra gave the Kingpin a bit of a spanking.

After Nick Fury VS. SHIELD, I was hoping we had seen the last of LMDs personally.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”