NEW POWERS!

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Preacher
Hero
Comment: My Thermonuclear level defense of Palladium is neither condoned nor endorsed by Palladium Books.

Unread post by Preacher »

Iczer wrote:
Preacher wrote:Without slogging through the previous 109 pages, is there an Alter Physical Structure:LEAD?

I was thinking about this yesterday at work. Heavier with only having 1/3 speed in lead form. Probably have some resistance to physical damage and radiation because it blocks radiation.

Well is there?

There isn't presently. there could be.

Batts

(Currently thinking of APS: lead)

Excellent!!! Thanks in advance man!!
ImageImage Yeah I like guns. Image
I pledge allegiance to this flag, if that bothers you well that's too bad!!!
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

Snowtiger wrote:
Iczer wrote:Quiet [Minor] By Iczer
'..........................'

The character can create a field around himself that negates sound. the character simplycounters sound generated by himself, by his actions and sounds that emante from within a small area of influence (4 feet +1 foot per level of experience).
Being in such a state, the character has the following abilities.
* +25% to stealth where silence is important.
* Silences weapons weilded by the character, as well as those within his field of influence (a wrestling match effectively silences both the character and his foe)
* invisible to the power of sonar
* immune to sonic attacks

The character wouldn't be invisible to sonar, he would create a sonic "blind spot" around himself, the sonar using character would know that something is there, because sound doesn't penetrate into the field, but wouldn't be able to sense what. Now if the sonar using character went into this field, he would suffer all the effects of "deafness" because he couldn't use his sonar ability to sense his surroundings.

Not quite true. sonar works when the sound bounces back to the character. this allows him to make a sonic picture of his surroundings. no sound bounces back from this character. so while it appears that there is nothing there, it is not distinguishable from, oh let's say, being in an open feild larger than his own detection radius.

Batts

(not wanting to debate physics right now)
"Sorry Drewkitty, the laws of physics were defeated by Iczer way back in like, the first ten pages of this thread." A.J. Pickett
“Iczer, you are a power generating machine.” - Mr Twist
MrTwist
Hero

Unread post by MrTwist »

Here's a couple I have been working on in my head for a day or two. Originally, it was going to be just one power that gained abilities every couple levels, but I realized it would probably be better done as separate powers. Digitize might need better formatting, like using a base set of values and just describing the sub-powers themselves.

Digitize(major)
"Don't hang up, I'll be there in a moment."

This power is really only useful in the modern age. It may have been present in years past, but likely nobody knew what the heck to do with it beyond travel. In the modern age, and in the future, this power can be invaluable.
What this power does is let the character turn objects, and themselves, into information. After an object becomes information, there are a couple things that can be done with it.

1. Store Object.
Range: Held objects only can be turned into information. The storage medium must be touched also.
Duration: Varies with use. Can be permanent or only last a moment. To transform an object, store an object, or release an object each takes one melee action.
Weight Restriction: An object can weigh no more than 5lbs per level of experience.
Effect: This power allows the user to transform an object into pure information. They can then use a technological storage medium(CD, DVD, Hard Drive, storage crystal, etc... GM's call) to hold the information.
If the user can't find an appropriate storage medium by the end of the melee round, the object turns back into it's original form.
The user can then release the object at a later time, erasing the information from the storage device. The object appears in the character's hand.
For every 5lbs of object, 1GB of storage is required. This can be spread out over multiple storage devices, though all need to be held to release an object.
Notes: When considering an object for weight restriction, use what it's weight would normally be in 1 G. Powers, spells, or psionics which modify an object's weight has no bearing on this power. So a 3lb pistol under the effects of Gravity Manipulation is still a 3lb pistol.
Multiple objects can be stored in the same medium. If more than one object is stored, the user chooses which one to release.
No computer or device can understand the stored information. The informational object can't be copied by any means; psionic, magical, technological, or super powered.
Living things and magical objects can't be turned into information.

2. Transmit Object.
After turning an object into information, with the same weight restrictions outlined above, the object can then be sent through to another location. The appropriate lines must be physically connected(so no satellites or inter-planetary transmissions). Fiber optics, copper wires, phone lines, and electrical outlets are suitable methods of transmitting an object as long as that specific type of medium is present on the receiving end.
Time Restrictions: It takes a 5lb object approximately three seconds to reach the destination. For every additional 5lbs being transmitted, another three seconds in required(so a 30lb object takes 18 seconds).
Chance For Successful Transmission: 72%+2% per level of experience. A failed roll causes the object to reappear at it's starting point. A roll of 00% results in the object being lost forever(likely destroyed)
Note: If the object can't reach it's destination within the time restriction above, it immediately reappears at the origin point. Another attempt can be made at trasmitting.
The transmitted object re-assembles just outside of the line used to transmit it. For example, if an electrical outlet is used then the object reappears a few centimeters outside the receiving outlet.
Also, anything that blocks the flow of information(or whatever the line normally carries) can stop the transmission. Firewalls, outlet plugs, and cutting the lines are all things that can stop transmission. In the case of any of these, or other methods of stopping transmission, the object reappears at it starting location.

3. Digitize Self.
This allows the character to transmit themself through the same lines as an object, noted above.

Restrictions: The time vs. weight restriction from the above ability applies.
Weight Restrictions: The character themself can be transmitted no matter what they weigh. Additionaly equipment/clothing can't exceed 3lbs per level.
Transmission Success: 75% at first, an additional 5% at subsequent levels. A failure on this roll means the character reappears where they started.
If failed, the character has no initiative and 2 melee attacks per round, usable only for defense. After 1D4 melee rounds, the character is cognizant enough of their surroundings that all bonuses apply.
On a failed roll, the character can't attempt another transmission(either self or object) for 1D4 weeks.

Probably needs some refining, but I think it's not that bad. The second part is Control Information. That power will deal with intercepting, controlling, decrypting, and modifying information.
Last edited by MrTwist on Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Do you even know what the word theory means? You must think it means '**** that you make up'."
---Penn Jillette
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Forgive me if I haven't seen this in any of the supplements or on this thread, but has anyone done anything like Petrify/Turn to Stone, or Turn to Metal/Midas Touch(non-beneficial Alter Others major ability)...so we can create villians like Doctor Basilisk and the Midasizer.... :?
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

MrTwist wrote:Here's a couple I have been working on in my head for a day or two. Originally, it was going to be just one power that gained abilities every couple levels, but I realized it would probably be better done as separate powers. Digitize might need better formatting, like using a base set of values and just describing the sub-powers themselves.

Digitize(major)
"Don't hang up, I'll be there in a moment.".

Alllriighhttttt!!!!!!!Now I can create Fortran and Cobol without paying through the nose for Machine Ghost and several other powers.... :D
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

mainbox wrote:I have an idea for a power but I need help with the damages for it, any help would welcomed.for the damages could it be like X weight = Y damage. I know it's really crapy so if someone could remake it or give me hints it would he greatly helped too.

Uncanny Targeting [minor]

Any object turns in to a deadly weapon in the hands of this hero.

Throwing some thing give the hero +5 to strike.
Dodging an object thrown by the hero is like dodging a bullet (-6 to dodge).
The hero can parry a ranged attack taking 1 Action (use strike bonuses).
Damages:
Just take the Super Soldier option of what is it called.... oh yeah "Uncanny Targeting" :D
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Preacher
Hero
Comment: My Thermonuclear level defense of Palladium is neither condoned nor endorsed by Palladium Books.

The Deific NMI wrote:
mainbox wrote:I have an idea for a power but I need help with the damages for it, any help would welcomed.for the damages could it be like X weight = Y damage. I know it's really crapy so if someone could remake it or give me hints it would he greatly helped too.

Uncanny Targeting [minor]

Any object turns in to a deadly weapon in the hands of this hero.

Throwing some thing give the hero +5 to strike.
Dodging an object thrown by the hero is like dodging a bullet (-6 to dodge).
The hero can parry a ranged attack taking 1 Action (use strike bonuses).
Damages:
Just take the Super Soldier option of what is it called.... oh yeah "Uncanny Targeting" :D

Cool combo is Uncanny Targeting with the power of Charge Object with Explosive Energy.
Mr Scorpio
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Mr Scorpio »

Iczer wrote:Body Explosion [major] BY Iczer
'You are so not going to like this'

Sweet, I like it. Thanks.

Iczer wrote:Arms of Kali [Minor] By Iczer
'Lets shake on it'

Excellent! Great work as always.
MrTwist
Hero

Unread post by MrTwist »

Control Information seems like it might take awhile, if I can even get to work on it. Other ideas have been popping up in my head lately.

Inhuman Immunity(minor)

This is really a catch-all category for powers that grant a character immunities to certain things. This power can be taken more than once; each additional time this power is taken another strange immunity is gained.

Immunities Available:

Mind Reading. This immuity extends to any super power, magic spell, or psionic that relies on reading the target's mind. Powers that modify a mind can still be used, but reading or understanding the character's mind is impossible.

Teleportation. The character can't be teleported by any means.

Transformation. The character can't be transformed by any means. If they possess an APS power, they still can activate the power. Outside of themselves, no transformations are possible.

Healing. The character can't be healed by any means other than natural healing done by their own body.

Visions. The character can't be affected by false sensory input of any source. They are unaffected by illusions, fake sounds, etc....

Mind Control. While not a true immunity, this power gives the character a +6 to any save vs. mind control from any source.

Fast Talking. The character is immune to most attempts to influence them. Any attempt on them through seduction, trust, or imtinidation is reduced by 50%. Anyone using disguise or concealment against the character is reduced by 30%.

Time Displacement. The character stays the same, memories and all, through any temporal problems. Even if history is changed by a time traveller, the character retains knowledge of the original history. Any attempt to unnaturally age or de-age the character automatically fails.

Surprises. The character is immune to horror factors, or awe factors, generated by normal means. Even the scariest of monsters is met by an unfazed gaze unless the horror is generated by unnatural means. The character just seems to accept the strangest of circumstances.

Bonuses: The bonuses are not cumulative. When this power is taken, the bonuses apply. If taken more than once, no additional bonuses are added.
+1D6 to ME
+1D4 to MA
"Do you even know what the word theory means? You must think it means '**** that you make up'."
---Penn Jillette
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

Alter physical structure: Lead
'New definition of 'heavy metal' dont'ya think?'

The character can transmute his body into the incredibly dense form of lead. this character's strength lies in raw power and strength.
1) Natural AR and immense SDC: AR 14 SDC 1000. Lead, beng softer has a lower natural AR than other metals, but it's density makes it far more resilient.
Normal melee attacks from regular weapons or from bare hands and feet do no damage, even if they exceed the AR
Extraordinary and superhuman strength character inflict half normal damage only if they exceed the AR
Supernatural strength inflicts half damage. The AR is ignored.
Most energy attacks do full damage to the character, as lead's low melting point prooves to be somewhat of a disavantage. The character remains immune to cold and radiation though.
Armour peircing rounds, explosives and grenades are somewhat twarted too. Kinetic force needs to roll above the target's AR to do any damage, and even then, most kinetic force is halved due to the ductile nature of lead. even falls from a great height and automobile impacts are reduced to half damage (before a roll with punch/fall impact).
Can function in a vacuum or up to 2000 feet of water until his air supply runs out.
2) Increased mass and strength: Weight is multiplied by 8. Increase strength by 2D6+15 (strength is superhuman) when in lead form.
3) Other abilities and things of note.
Lead is massively heavy. reduce speed by half. It would be less, but lead's ductibility leads to greater flexibility and range of motion.
Lead is positively non conductive, and non magnetic. electricity holds no danger to this character. While in lead form, the character has has no body heat save that of the surrounding temperature, unless otherwise deliberately heated.

Drain defences: [Minor] By Iczer
'Bulletproof huh? don't look like it to me'

The character has the ability to weaken the delicate molecular bonding between items to allow his blows to become more deadlier, not by increasing damage, but by lowering defence.
Every time the character strikes a target, the target experiences weakness and disruption. Living beings with natural AR's must save (14+ PE bonuses count) or lose 2 AR upon contact. Inanimate objects, as well as characters transformed into artificial substances, have no such save, and take an additional damage equal to 5 per level. If worn body armour is struck, it's AR is lowered and the extra damage is applied to the armour only. if the armour is blown through with this extra damage, then the person inside remains unharmed. Force fields of any sort block this power Living characters recover lost AR at a rate of 1 per 5 minutes.

Confusing mists [Major] By Iczer
'Shooting at me will only make things worse Officer'

The character generates invisible pheremones that weaken the will of those around him and make him very persuasive.
1) Generate pheremones: The character can create an maintain a cloud of pheremones around 30 feet across. his control is fine enough that he can avoid affecting friends, and in fact can 'stretch' the pheremoneal cloud out another 60 feet to affect individual targets up to 90 feet away. anyone in the (invisible) cloud must save every round or fall sway to it's effects.
2) Confuse targeting: Affected targets are unable to adequately target a foe in combat properly. Ranged attacks have a -8 to hit, while melee attacks have -2. defensive actions suffer a -2 as well.
3) Confuse thought: affected targets have a -10% to all skills, and the quality of those skills degrades by about 30%. IQ, ME and MA drop by 4 during this time. concentration is not possible while under the effects.
4) Specific drain: an affected target may have this cloud affect an individual within range with even greater effect. The character expends two actions to bring his will to bear . the target must make a further save (as detailed above) or lose half their attacks, half their speed and a further -2 to all combat actions. meanwhile the character's remaining mental attributes drop to half their current ratings. If third save is failed, the target becomes stunned for 1d4 rounds, and a fourth failed save results in unconsciousness. note that a single character cannot be targeted in this fashion more than once every melee.
5) Appear magnificent: to those affected, the character gains a +6 MA. This can affect people even if otherwise excluded from this powers effects. He may choose to gain an awe or horror factor of 14 (which he may turn on and off)
6) Drawbacks and sundry. This power is pheremone related. those who do not breathe are immune, as are those who have their own oxygen supply. immunity or resistence to poison only provides a +2 to save vs this, though advanced senses of smell reduce this by 2 (though will reveal the character's power for what it is). as it's a cloud, it takes one melee to affect anyone, making it very slow to start up. additionally, rapid movement by the character tends to leave the cloud behind in a cloud of...well... any use of superspeed, flight or leaping over a Spd of 30 wrecks the cloud (which takes a melee to reform)
The character is immune to his own pheremones and the pheremones of others.

APS: Glass [Major] By Iczer
'Yeah..I know. I'm a Pane. Get it...Pane...'

The character can transform his bodu into solid glass. Despite poular belief, glass is not flimsy or necessarilly fragile. Volcanic glass has been a stand in for iron on many occasions. It is a bit brittle though, and suffers for this. However it does make up for it in other areas.
1) Increased weight and Resilience. In glass form, the character's weight increases by 50%. He has an AR of 14 as well. Punches and kicks from normal strength inflict no damage. extraordinary strength inflicts normal damage only if the AR is exceeded. superhuman or better strength ignores the AR. The AR is proof against regular weapons as well, as long as they are made of wood or softer materiels. weapons of stone or metal do normal damage if the AR is exceeded, provided those weapons are blunt. The smooth, low friction nature of the character's body tends to make blades slide off the character. Bladed weapons are -2 to strike the character and inflict half damage if they connect.
Energy weapons inflict half damage as do cold. The character is immune to electricity (though electrical attacks inflict half damage) and lasers do no damage if he renders himself transperant (see below)
250 SDC in glass form.
2) Increased PS. the character has extraordinary PS when transformed into glass, and a PS boost of +6.
3) Colour control: the character can alter his basic colouration and translucency. when translucent/transperant, the character has +10% to prowl and is immune to lasers.
4) move through Glass: The character can pass through glass and glass objects. such an action reduces his spd to 1/4 as he does this, slowly filtering himself through the glass.
5) Shatter: the character can shatter with punch/fall/impact with any blunt impact. Shattering upon contact reduces the damage by half and turns the character into a partially or wholy destroyed being. If partially destroyed, more than half the character's bodymass is gone. halve his SDC and PS, and reduce attacks per round and speed by 2. this allows the character to limp away. the halved SDC returns rapidly, coming back together within 1d4 minutes. To be wholy shattered causes the character to become nothing more than glass fragments. as glass, the characteris unconscious, but reforms in 3d6 minutes (half that time if surrounded by other forms of glass or with sand.
6) rapid recovery: if the character has access to silicate sand or glass, he can convert 1 lb of glass into 5 SDC with a single melee action. He can convert 1 lb per level per melee in this fashion.
7) Vulnerabilities: blunt Stone and metal weapons (includes bullets but not blades or arrows) inflict an additional 20% damage. when struck for more than 50 damage of any sort, the character must save (14+ PE bonuses count) or be involuntarilly shatterd.

Batts

(Power monger)
"Sorry Drewkitty, the laws of physics were defeated by Iczer way back in like, the first ten pages of this thread." A.J. Pickett
Preacher
Hero

Iczer wrote:Alter physical structure: Lead

The character can transmute his body into the incredibly dense form of lead. this character's strength lies in raw power and strength.
1) Natural AR and immense SDC: AR 14 SDC 1000. Lead, beng softer has a lower natural AR than other metals, but it's density makes it far more resilient.
Normal melee attacks from regular weapons or from bare hands and feet do no damage, even if they exceed the AR
Extraordinary and superhuman strength character inflict half normal damage only if they exceed the AR
Most energy attacks do full damage to the character, as lead's low melting point prooves to be somewhat of a disavantage. The character remains immune to cold and radiation though.
Armour peircing rounds, explosives and grenades are somewhat twarted too. Kinetic force needs to roll above the target's AR to do any damage, and even then, most kinetic force is halved due to the ductile nature of lead. even falls from a great height and automobile impacts are reduced to half damage (before a roll with punch/fall impact).
Can function in a vacuum or up to 2000 feet of water until his air supply runs out.
2) Increased mass and strength: Weight is multiplied by 8. Increase strength by 2D6+15 (strength is superhuman) when in lead form.
Lead is massively heavy. reduce speed by half. It would be less, but lead's ductibility leads to greater flexibility and range of motion.
Lead is positively non conductive, and non magnetic. electricity holds no danger to this character. While in lead form, the character has has no body heat save that of the surrounding temperature, unless otherwise deliberately heated.

[/size]

Thanks Man!!! :ok:
Thinyser
Knight
Comment: "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

Unread post by Thinyser »

Batts

(Power monger)

Sorry man but this is 100% wrong. Great work otherwise though.

Lead is highly conductive, the battery posts on your car are lead as well as one of the plates inside each cell of the battery, hence its name "lead-acid battery". Also solder (sp?) used for attacheing electrical components is mainly lead.

Now you can still offer immunity to electricity due to the fact that lead offers very little resistance to the flow of current. Think of it like a lightning rod that gets struck often but takes no damage itself.

Maybe offer the ability to attract any electrical attack in a certian radius to himself, and channel it to the ground thereby saving others arround him from damage, while sustaining only superficial damage (1/10th) himself? Just an idea.
"We live in a world where people use severed plant genitals to express affection.
Rifts is really not much weirder than that." ~~Killer Cyborg

"If we let technical problems scare us away from doing anything, humanity would still be in the trees flinging poo at each other."~~Killer Cyborg

"Everything that breeds is a threat."~~Killer Cyborg
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

Thanks for the tip man. I learn something new everyday.

Consider it edited later in the day.

Assembly Cloud [Major] By Iczer
'Need a gun? Let me handle it'

The character exudes a cloud of crystaline gas, that floats and follows him wherevere he goes. His command of this gas is such that he is able to perfrom wondrous acts, almost as if from 'thin air'.
1) Create cloud: The cloud formed by the character is 30 feet across (15 foot radius) and expands 5 feet per level. Every 5 feet of diameter is rougly equivilant to 5lbs of matter, and use or applications of this power may reduce the cloud's overall size. The cloud appears as nothing more than a light haze, barely noticeable except in conditions of bright light, where it appears as the air shimmers. characters with UV or IV capability will notice that the light tends to dance around the character's cloud. Characters with enhanced senses of smell will notice an odour. the cloud may be pulled back into the character's body at will.
2) Create objects: By will alone, the character can condense this cloud into solid objects. this reduces the cloud's size substantially, but does allow the character to form usefull objects. Objects created remain simple, but can unclude many moving parts, just not electronics or chemicals. So character could create a revolver, he could not create the bullets to fire it with (a revolver is about as complex as an item can get) Items created have an AR of 18 and each pound has an SDC of 30. The item may appear as anything, but will retain a glassy sheen. The character has a general skill of 65% +5% per level when making complex or precise items. Once a character is done with an item, he may cause it to dissolve back into cloud.
3) Create armour: The character can create a 10lb armour over his body to protect himself. This armour has an AR of 17, and 300 SDC. This armour is not natural, though it is sealed. The armour does not restrict movement in any way. It does filter air and water, making the character proof against gas and acid.
4) Chemical alterations: The character can initiate subtle chemical reactions within the vicinity of the cloud. The cloud can be used to srip paint, neutrilze acid, reduce humidity (or increase it if a water source is available) or any other basic chemical reactioon. For faster, aggressive chemical reactions, such as dissolving a cloud of sarin gas instantly, the character must make a save (16+ PE bonuses count) failure means the action is still possible, but the strain destroys 5 foot of the cloud in the process. This can not be used as an attack on people or objects. the reactions are just too slow and subtle. (but see below)
5) Insidious attacks. The character can expend 2 actions to assault a single individual within his cloud. The character uses the cloud to assemble poisons and drill microscopic holes in his skin. this chemical attack is full blown chemical assault. The target must save vs poison (14+). If he fails, he becomes ill from the poisons in his system. apart from nausea (-1 attack per melee, -2 to all combat actions) he suffers 2d4 damage to his HP and a further 3d6 damage from his skin peeling apart. a successful save means he is immune to the poison, but not the skin peel. This counts as a strenuous action on the character's behalf, and a save must be made (as detailed in #4) or lose 5 feet of cloud.
6) Defensive properties: The crystals hanging in suspension refract laser attacks, reducing them to half damage. moreso this affects all lasers passing through the cloud, so it can be positioned to protect multiple people. The character is aware of all movement within the cloud, and the motion of people will be noticed (no suprise attacks possible, except those that originate from outside the cloud).
7) Drawbacks and liabilities: The cloud is fragile. Apart from the ability to lose several feet from his cloud through exertion, extremely high winds (40Mph+) reduce the clouds thickness by 1 foot every minute. at 80mph this is doubled. high volume wind attacks reduce the cloud's width by 1d4 feet every attack (such as wind rush) and explosions reduce it by 1d4 feet as well. A cloud recovers 1 foot every 20 minutes of rest, whether it is inside or outside the body. Also note that the cloud can be retracted which protects it. Exuding and retracting a cloud costs an action.

Bleed power [Major] By Iczer
'Ohhhh...you see that? that little green paste? that's your invulnerability'

The character can cause chemical reactions in a targets body that interfere and disrupt an opponent's powers, leaving them to excrete out of his pores.
1) Disruption: The character must target a super powered target within 50 feet with this ability, and use 2 actions. the target must save (16+ PE bonuses count). If he fails, then over the next 1d4 rounds, he will begin to see a drop in his power. The target see's the effectiveness of his powers drop by 10% per round (but never below half, even if targeted mutiple times.) Damages and range's area of affect all drop by the same amount. AR's Drop by 1 point every 10%. powers which are absolute work the opposite way. (an invulnerable character will find himself taking 10% of any damage in a round rather than 0%).
2) The bleeding: Moreso, any target affcted by this, continues to 'bleed' even after the effect has ended. The bleed is a liquid of varying viscocity, flavour, colour and odour, and is unique to an individual. The target bleeds for 10 minutes per level, making him relatively easy to track. If the character 'tastes' this substance (all he really needs to do is touch it for 2 actions, though whether he needs to consume it or not is between the player and his GM), then he recieves information about the target;
* The nature of his superpowers (alien, mutant, supersoldier)
* The type and number of them.
* The target's level
* The target's weaknesses (if they are power related).
In addition, after tasting the fluid, the character has the ability to sense the target, and track him at 75% +5% per level. roll every 1000 feet. People with enhanced senses of smell gain +15% to track the target.
3) Using this on people. Of course ordinary people have no powers to affect. this does not make this power useless against them, only less effective. The bleed that results is less potent, and lasts only 2 minutes per level. the substance that bleeds out represents a person's little alterations. talent for music for example, or keener hearing. Tracking such a target is at 20% less (though using a sense of smell to track the pungent odour retains the same bonus.

Destabilise. [Major] By Iczer
'What the!!! My powersuit is having conniptions? I just fixed it last week?!"

The character can affect machines in an untoward and detrimental manner. The character can affect any machine within 1 foot per level. For the purposes of this power, a machine is any artificial device with both moving parts and a power source (even if that power source is merly muscle power) A lever and a knife are not machines for example.
1) Mere presence: By simply willing it to happen, machines react badly to the character. all attempts to target the character with a machine, be it a camera or a rifle, suffer a -2 or -10% chance
2) Destabilise: By willing it, a character can make machines start to shake apart and break. If the machine has power running though it at the time, it must save (see below) or take 1d6 damage per level. if it has no power running though it at the moment, it takes the damage the next time it does.
Saves for machines:
Simple: muscle powered few moving parts (bicycle) 8+
Basic: few moving parts, simple power (Gun, electric can opener): 10+
Complex: Many moving parts, and types of power (automobile) 14+
Advanced: Mostly electrical (radio's computers) 16+
Insane: Ultra high tech (many hardware devices, superpowered tech) 18+
In addition, any time such a device takes damage, there is a 15% chance of some minor function breaking down. damage inflicted bypasses forcefields and armour ratings. Destabilise can be used up to 20 feet away per level. if the machine is held or worn, the traget may dodge (+3 to strike)
3) Explosive: any object that is reduced to half it's SDC from damage done by this power, explodes in firey arcs as it tears itself apart. The resulting explosion affects all within 15 feet of the device, and inflicts 4d6 damage plus it's save difficulty (so +10 for a toaster) a character may choose not to affect an object in this way.
4) wear and tear: instead of shaking the machine apart in this fashion, the character may choose to simply reduce it's effectiveness. this creates friction in the machine, corrosion and innefficiency. The character targets the machine within 20 feet per level (+3 to strike). if successful, the machine loses 1d4% efficiency per level. a machine reduced to 0% efficiency stops working.

Batts
(learning more and more each day)
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

Microsingularity [Major] By Iczer
'You want to see pulling power?'

The character can create a tiny pinpoint of immense gravitational force in a single location.
Range: The pinpoint can be created up to 30 feet away, plus 5 feet per level. the character should take care to place this where he will not be subjected to it.
Duration: lasts for one melee round per level. Note that a placed microsingularity doesn't actually become effective until the beginning of the next round.
bonus to strike: Placing the microsingularity is awkward. +4 to strike a given area, but only +1 to strike a moving target.
Action: creating a microsinngularity counts as 2 actions.
Area of effect: 10 feet radius per level, but see below.
Effect: The miocrosingularity appears as a shimmering black, white and grey ball about 2 feet across. everything within it's range is grabbed by monstrous gravitational force and pulled towards the centre, with an effective (superhuman) PS of 20. characters within range must make opposed strength checks (D20, add PS attributes. higher total wins) or be pulled 10 feet closer to the centre. this check must be made twice per round. Ranged attacks are useless within this range, though energy attacks fired past the globe are -6 to strike and inflict half damage if successful. any attempt to move away from the centre requires an additional 'duel of strengths' to be successful, and even then movement is reduced by 1/10. A further 10 feet per level beyond the radius of effect, a much weaker force is applied, dragging all unattended items under 60lbs towards the centre, moving up to 30 feet per melee. People in this affected area will take 2d4-6d6 damage per orund depending on the amount and type of flying objects.
The centre itself is a field of compressed gravity. anyone within 5 feet of the centre takes 4d6 damage twice a round from crushing and squeezing, and is held in place until durations end. an unlimited amount of matter may be squeezed into that 5 foot across space. at duration's end all the matter flows back outwards. (this effect is spectacular over water)
The character is not immune to the pull of this power, but takes 1/4 damage from the gravitational flux in the centre.
The character can also cause much smaller, short lived microscopic bombs. these are hurled as normal, but are more accurate (+3 to strike people). the resulting singularity lasts but a fraction of a second, inflicting 4d6 damage to a 2 foot area.

Reality adjustment [Major: duh] By Iczer
'hey buddy. I'm your reality check'

The character has the potent ability to restore order to his reality, as well as impose his own brand of chaos over the top. Not without price, this power ahs a broad variaty of applications.
1) reinforce reality. The character exudes a barrier some 30 feet in radius (plus 10 feet per level). within this radius, all other reality altering abilities are halted. Powers that alter fate, destiny, chaos or order or other 'ephemeral' force simply fails. This includes most notably karmic power (which alters luck) as well as powers relying on entroy. Additionally, magic also falters and sputters within the area. All spells and magical effects within the radius are halved in effectiveness and cost twice normal PPE to cast. ongoing magical effects that enter the area are subject to dispelling when they contact with this zone (much like a dispell magic barriers spell, or negate magic). dimensional travel fails within this area as well. this effect is ongoing and constant. all individuals in the area have a +6 to save vs magic.
2) Crude alterations: The character can also simply will something to happen. trying to create such a random event is strenuous and tiring though, and often leads to pain as the weight of reality attempts to undo this character's alterations. Effecting a crude alteration requires 2 actions and inflicts 1d4 HP of damage on the character, and forces him to make a saving throw (14+ PE based) or become fatigued. if fatigued 4 times, then the character passes out. A crude alteration simply causes a Force of nature, that does not endanger life to become suspended or enacted (No flying is possible, fire no longer burns, rocks are magnetic, every solid object can be 'down' etc).

Crude alterations last for one melee per level, but cost an action every melee to maintain. alternitivley, a crude alteration may be used as an attack. such a brief attack inflicts only 1hp damage with no chance of fatigue (still requires 2 actions). He has +4 to strike, and the target has -4 to dodge this rapid and unexpected assault. the attack takes any form desired, from exploding earth to unexpected lightning strikes. Living, mobile targets suffer 1d4x10 damage +5 per level. inanimate objects suffer 2d6x10 damage +10 per level.
Alternatively, the damage done to an object or person may simply reflect an alteration. An automobile that suffers 120 damage may be turned to cheese rather than simply damaged. any living target killed by this power, may be instead altered into another state. (Muto Kills the postman, inflicting 45 damage to the old man. Instead of dying though, he is turned to a glass figure of a postman). Such an alteration is a major change despite the damage done and requires the normal save and damage.
Limitations: While potent, the power has it's drawbacks. firstly if this power's radius contacts the radius of another version of this power, then both powers cease for 1d4 hours. secondly, it provides no real protection from others. Thirdly, human will prevents drastic changes from happening (which is why it inflicts much less damage on living creatures than on innanimate objects. it is also the reason changes that can kill people instantly cannot be done. The character can make air gree for instance, but not poisonous.) Lastly, it cannot heal other people (though it can stop bleeding, and in fact prevent death, but only for the very limited duration.) If it is necessary, a near dead individual can be turned into a rabbit, or a block of stone, and the change reversed when hospital facilities are available.

Batts

(Breaking the fourth wall)
MrTwist
Hero

Unread post by MrTwist »

I have to concur with my own previous statement. Iczer, you are a power generating machine.
---Penn Jillette
Thinyser
Knight
Comment: "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

Unread post by Thinyser »

AJ Pickett wrote:I'm a bit caught up playing Freelancer at the moment, but there is a big power's edit coming up soon.. I still have 122 powers sitting in my offline archive waiting to be edited and added, plus the last 30 or so powers listed here...
This is a massive undertaking.

We certainly appreciate it! :ok:

And all of Iczer's effort too! :ok:
"We live in a world where people use severed plant genitals to express affection.
Rifts is really not much weirder than that." ~~Killer Cyborg

"If we let technical problems scare us away from doing anything, humanity would still be in the trees flinging poo at each other."~~Killer Cyborg

"Everything that breeds is a threat."~~Killer Cyborg
Mr Scorpio
Dungeon Crawler

Way cool. Now how about going the other direction (as far as weight is concerned) with A.P.S.: Aluminum?

MrTwist wrote:I have to concur with my own previous statement. Iczer, you are a power generating machine.

And I have to concur with your....um.....concurance(?)
MrTwist
Hero

Unread post by MrTwist »

Thinyser wrote:
AJ Pickett wrote:I'm a bit caught up playing Freelancer at the moment, but there is a big power's edit coming up soon.. I still have 122 powers sitting in my offline archive waiting to be edited and added, plus the last 30 or so powers listed here...
This is a massive undertaking.

We certainly appreciate it! :ok:

And all of Iczer's effort too! :ok:

Hey, it's more than just Iczer sharing power ideas. *sniffle*
---Penn Jillette
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

Wife? what is this Wife you speak of?

That said, the engagement is going well, and we will be married (touch wood) sometime on or about the 17th of April 2007.

and no. I do all this 'power pumping' while she sleeps of a morning.

Batts

(Power pumping..I like it)
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

Body/soul seperation [Major] By Iczer
'We are here.'

The character can seperate his body into two parts, his spiritual Ka and his physical Ba. these sepearte and unique beings represent the character's id and supergeo, both unleashed.
1) Ka attributes: The Ka is an immaterial and intangible body, that appears as a translucent and idealised version of the character. The Ka has the following attributes:
SDC: None
HP, same as the base character.
IQ, ME PB and MA are increased by 4
PS, PE: halved from the characters normal amount.
PP, spd: Unchanged.
The Ka floats about 1-6 feet off the ground at the character's normal speed attribute.
The Ka is imaterial. it can neither affect or be affected by physical force. It has all the powers of the character, but is unable to affect any solid objects (but see below). It can see and harm invisible and intangible creatures, including ghosts and other intangible creatures.
The Ka, representing the enlightened and pacifistic side of the character, posesses HTH basic at the character's level and enjoys a +4 to save vs psionic and magic attacks.
2) BA: The character's physical body swells to embody the grossest and basest of desires. It typically deforms and mutates as a result of the seperation.
SDC: as per the character
HP 1 per level of experience
IQ ME MA and PB: halved.
PS, PE: +6 to both. both become extraordinary.
PP, Spd: Remain the same.
The Ba resembles the character, but takes on gross animalistic features. It gains an AR of 10, and an aggressive nature, kept in check by the Ka.
The Ba posesses the same powers as the character, but cannot heal until it recombines with it's Ka essense. It fights with the character's skill, as well as gaining a +1 attack per melee and +2 to strike and -2 to parry or dodge. The Ba uses skills at -20% except raw, physical skills.
3) Combined abilities: as seperate entities, the two represent the character, and remain in telepathic communication with each other, each percieveing what the other wishes them to perceive. The two can seperate up to 200 feet per level of experience, and the Ka can always teleport back to the Ba. The Ka cannot move through or teleport through force fields, and the two may be kept apart in this fashion. The Ka and Ba can remain seperated for 20 minutes per level. if this time should pass, the ka will automatically snap back to the Ba. if they are seperated by force fields (as mentioned earlier) then the Ka appears next to the field at this time, and both begin to take strain. the seperated entities take 1d6 damage each until one dies (typically the Ka).
Losing the Ka spirit: effectively traps the character in his Ba shape, and drops his alignment to at least anarchist or lower as he loses his moral compass
Losing the Ba traps the character as an intangible Ka being, an immortal but immateriel creature. His alignment rises, at least to scrupulous without his baser instincts to sway him from the path of morality.
4) Effects of alignment:
Principled: double the Ka's HP, +6 to PP and double speed. add one attack per melee Ba's strength is reduced by 2
Scrupulous: increase Ka's HP by 50%. add +10 to Spd.
Unprincipled: No change
Anarchist: Ba enjoys +2 PS and PE
Miscreant: Ba enjoys +20% extra SDC
Diabolic: Ba's AR jumps to 12 and strength increases by another 4 (superhuman) Ba knows HTH assasin.
Aberrant: both Ka and Ba enjoy a +2 to PS and PP
5) Mind/body seperation: In insances where one of the character's powers involves leaving his body immobile,(such as posession) he may instead send his Ka out to do the work, while his Ba takes over his body.

Hyper athlete [Minor] By Iczer
'Touchdown'

The character excells in full body physical endeavours.
1) Natural athlete: the character knows the folowing skills. Climb +20%, Gymnastics +20%, Swim +25% Prowl +10%. he also gains +6 to Spd, +2 to PS and PE and PP.
2) Improved endurance: the character can last twice as long without fatigue, and enjoys +2D6 HP and +20 SDC.
3) The character is a natural at sports. In any organised competitive event, the character is a natural, able to perform as a member of one the best of any given league. in combination with other powers skills or attributes, he may truly be one of the best in the world. The character is instantly familiar with any sport or athletic endeavour, and the use of any of it's equipment, even if it is the first time he lays his eyes on it. in the case of futuristic, exotic or alien sports, he can learn the rules and even become an expert within 2d4 minutes.

Pyrotechnic touch [Minor] By Iczer
'Burn baby burn!'

The character has the ability to set combustables alight with the mereest touch, applying a type of intense but concentrated molecular friction at his fingertips:
1) Hot touch: In combat, the character inflicts an additional 2d4 damage from fire and heat with any bare handed strike (or kick or headbut)
2) Light fires: The character can also cause combustable and flamable objects to spring into flame with but a touch. The character can cause 1d4 damage to these items. if this damage exceeds it's AR a flame erupts. if not, then the character can inflict another d4 on his next action, and so on until the accumulated damage exceeds the target's AR. when flame erupts on a target it occupies an area as small as desired or as large as 1 inch across per AR. once started, a fire runs it's normal course. Non combustable objects simply heat up rather than burn.
3) Long range: The character can even start fires at a distance. by touching an object, he may transfer this fire touch through it into another object up to 15 feet away per level. Thus a 6th level character could cause a woodpile to burst into flame by touching the ground the woodpile rests upon, up to 90 feet away. the path the fire touch takes resembles spidery orange lighning crawling across the ground, moving at a rate of 30 feet per melee. The character can also channel this through his breath, but only to light very flamable items, and even then only to 3 feet.
4) Other abilities: The character is resistant to heat and flame (half damage)
+1D4 to PE

Electrical absorbption: [Major] By Iczer
'Shockingly fast wouldn't you say?'

The character's body acts as a battery, absorbing and exchanging energy at will.
1) Absorb electricity: the character can absorb 40 Damage from electricity and store it as a charge that remains in his body. damage exceeding this 40 points is harmlessly grounded out. This battery charge of the character increases by 15 points every level, beginning at level 2.
2) Held charge: While the character retains at least 30 points in his battery, he gains the following bonuses:
+2 PP
+1 Attack per melee
Double Spd attribute.
In addition, the character does not suffer from exhaustion while he has an electrical charge in him of at least 30 points.
3) Expending the charge: The character can expend 2 points of his charge to energise his body for a round. an body in this fashion adds +1d4 to any damage he inflicts from the electrical chrage. anyone touching him also experiences this damage. in addition, anyone taking this damage must save (12+ PE bonuses count) or lose an action from the stun.
The character can also expend 3 points of charge to add 1d6 to an existing electrical attack. Up to 3d6 may be added in this fashion.
The character can trade points of charge to heal his HP. 2 points of charge heal 1 HP. In addition, when below zero HP, the character instinctively channels electricity into this power (usefull if the paramedic is using a defribulator) . he may transfer 10 points of charge per action in this fashion.
4) Notes: the character's own electrical attacks do not recharge him. when his charge is 0, he feels wek and depressed (-1 attack -10% to all skills and -2 MA) He automatically sheds 5 points per hour, so an eight hour nap will drain away 40 odd points.

Batts

(Keeping the home fires burning)
Last edited by Iczer on Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

AJ Pickett wrote:Touch Wood.. hmmm
The ability to draw various powers from a specific type of material the character must be in physical contact with.. the down side is that the character is also highly vulnerable to attacks made on him using that same element.
Wood.. Natural A.R., ability to survive on light, water and toes in the dirt, can breathe CO2, ability to regrow limbs, etc.. but attacks by wood inflict double damage.

Could be adapted for lots of different materials.. kind of like Gem Powers.
8-)

I like it. I look forward to seeing what gets done with this

Batts

(Who, frankly, 'likes' everything)
MrTwist
Hero

Unread post by MrTwist »

APS: Moss(major)

The character basically turns into a human shaped(or whatever alien race they were) mass of moss. This is a very fast growing moss, but it only grows when willed by the character. It can be used for various purposes due to the fast growing nature of the moss and because the waste products of the moss are highly acidic. The moss has very specific properties described below.

1. Moss Bolt. This creates a small fast moving ball of moss that is launched at a target. It really does no damage immediately because it is very soft, but the bolt can cause the moss to start growing on a target.
Range: 75ft + 5ft per level of experience.
Bonus To Strike: +2 on an aimed shot.

2. Contact Growth. Any time the character comes in contact with another person, or just about anything actually. The moss can be released on anything in contact with the character, even for just a moment. It then begins it's growth period. Even being hit in melee contact, either by hand or melee weapon, is long enough to start the growth.

3. Moss. When the moss is allowed to grow, it expands at a rate of 9 square feet, +1 square foot per level of experience past level 1, every melee round. The maximum square footage the moss can encompass is 100 square feet, plus and additional 20 square feet at levels 3, 6, 9, 12, and 15. The moss grows indiscriminately, covering everying in it's area. This means it can actually coat a melee weapon and then continue on to begin covering the wielder.
The affected area covered by moss takes damage every melee round, unless resistant to acid. People coated by the moss can still function, but in time the moss will start to grow into various orifices(like the throat). This can cause severe problems.
The character creating the moss can choose to stop the growth of the moss at any time, though it can't be started back up without additional contact or a moss bolt. Also, when the growth of the moss is initiated, the character can choose for it not to secrete acid.
Damage: 2D6 per round. Also, if the moss grows down into a person's throat then they quickly will lose the ability to breathe as it coats their lungs. If a target's sensory organs are coated with the moss(eyes, ears, etc...) then they lose those sense. In time, the moss growth can burn through doors, floors, or bonds.
Duration: The moss will continue to grow for three melee rounds unless the character concentrates on it's continued growth. Doing so will let a moss patch grow to it's maximum area, but costs the character one melee action per round to concentrate.
After the duration, or one melee round past concentration, the moss will start to die off at the same rate it normally expands. The initial area of the moss will die off first, and then continue in the same order as it expanded.
Also, the moss dies immediately if exposed to fire or extreme cold.

4. Bonuses, in moss form only.
Takes no damage from most physical attacks. If the object striking the character is larger than a fist(like getting hit with a chair or desk drawer) then they take 1/3 damage due to the moss they are composed of getting disrupted.
Heals at a rate of 1D6 per melee round due to the rapid growth of the moss.
Doesn't breathe, so the character is immune to most gases.
If the character has either the Venomous Attack or Chemical Secretion powers, they can substitute one of the various venoms/chemicals they have access to in exchange for the acid created by the moss. In the case of Chemical Secretion, or the major version of Venomous Attack, they can pick and choose what the moss' by-products are differently for each patch of moss if they so choose.

5. Vulnerabilities, in moss form only.
Takes twice as much damage from fire and extreme cold.

6. Optional Notes.
There have been some variations noted on this power. In exchange for the moss generating the strong acid it normally does, a character can choose for the moss to generate one of the types of attacks listed under either Venomous Attack or Chemical Secretion. Once chosen, this can't be changed(unless, of course, the character possesses either of those powers; see Bonuses above).
Last edited by MrTwist on Sun Jan 15, 2006 3:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
---Penn Jillette
MrTwist
Hero

Unread post by MrTwist »

Convert Refuse(minor)
This allows a character to convert organic material, non-living only, into a nutritious foodstuff. Six ounces of this foodstuff is equivalent to a well balanced meal for the character's race. Any organic material to be transformed must be held in the character's hands. The food is rather bland and has a consistency similar to pudding. The transmutation is permanent.

Notes:
If the character has the Cooking skill, the character can make a successful roll to make the foodstuff taste however they like.
The condition of the organic material to be trasmuted has no effect on the resulting foodstuff. Even rotten organic material(like rotten meat or even corpses) can be converted.
The foodstuff and the original organic material don't need to share any nutritional traits. They are completely different substances.
---Penn Jillette
MrTwist
Hero

Unread post by MrTwist »

AJ Pickett wrote:Eeeew!

But at the same time.. AWESOME!
Love A.P.S.: Moss, thats going to be a favorite.. however, Moss does require CO2 instead of oxygen to breathe, but it can survive on water and light with trace minerals and CO2.. and perhaps it can produce spores for narcotic or toxic effects.. or produce a special regenerative cloud of spores when it is about to be flash fried or otherwise destroyed, so that it can regrow at a later time when the danger has passed?
8-)

I put in the not needing to breathe because the character doesn't need to breathe themself, even though the moss does. Maybe I'll edit it a bit later.
Interesting ideas for APS: Moss additions. I thought at first it had too few powers compared to the other APS powers out there. Then I realized that the growth of the moss was a pretty strong power by itself. Being able to concentrate on keeping the moss alive on a person is rather lethal.
I hadn't considered adding in other options than acid. It might make it rather overpowered.
---Penn Jillette
Mr Scorpio
Dungeon Crawler

Nice one MrTwist.

Shadow wrote:Since moss grows so much why not give it the equivillent of the giant minor power or the growth major power?

Or how about something similar to the temporary growth of A.P.S.: Water?

While I'm here I might as well see how this sounds to you guys. I've re-written it 3 or 4 times and it still doesn't sound exactly right to me.

Mr Scorpio wrote:Trap Master (Major)

The Trap Master has the power to create traps that can either cause their victim harm or be used to merely confuse, disorient or debase them. These traps appear to be some sort of extra dimensional pocket where energy or matter can be stored and then automatically released when the appropriate conditions are met. Traps can be attached to any ordinary object, which will become the focal point for the trap. Traps will remain dormant until the character arms them and once armed the traps will remain active for only a short time after which they will disappear.

Loading Traps
To load a trap the character needs to have access to whatever he intends to load it with. In the case of energy he has to be able to make contact between the object he is trapping and a source of the type of energy he wants to use (which can be hazardous to say the least). Almost anything can be loaded into a trap (including solids, liquids and even gasses), though the extra dimensional pocket can only hold about 10 lbs of material.
Range: Touch
Duration: Traps can stay loaded without being set for 24 hours per level of experience.
Attacks per Melee: It takes 1 full melee round to load a trap.

Setting Traps
Traps can be set to respond to either direct contact with a living being or someone simply coming into close proximity (usually about 3 feet). Once set the trap will remain active for up to 12 hours after which they will automatically vanish taking whatever was stored inside with them.

Matter Traps A small amount of either solid matter, liquid or gas can be inserted into the extra dimensional pocket. The pocket then appears to constrict, putting pressure on the contents so that once it opens it expels them with considerable force. This force substantial enough to propel a single item in the pocket up to 5 feet or in the case of multiple small objects, release the entire contents in a sphere doing damage to everything within 5 feet.

Solid Matter
Range: 5 feet for a single object or a 5-foot sphere for multiple objects
Damage: 2D6+2 per level of experience for a single object while everything within the radius will take 1D6+2 per level of experience.
Note: Poisons can be added for extra damage
Duration: Instant

Liquids
Range: 5 feet for a direct spray or a 5-foot sphere
Damage: Damage depends on the type of liquid used
Note: Shaving cream and whipped cream toppings count as liquids

Gasses
Specific effects depend on the type of gas used
Range: 5 feet for a direct spray or a 5-foot radius

Energy Traps Almost any type of energy the character can safely access can be stored in a trap and released the same way matter can be. Energy has the potential to do far more damage than solids. All energy traps do the same damage regardless of the type of energy used.
Range: Contact or a 5-foot sphere
Damage: 1D4 per level of experience

Other Abilities and Bonuses
The character can sense the location of his traps within 20 feet.
Even after a trap is set the Trap Master can handle his own traps without causing them to activate.
+5% bonus to Demolitions and Demolition Disposal skills
MrTwist
Hero

Unread post by MrTwist »

I edited APS: Moss to include AJ's suggestion. Hopefully you like the changes AJ.

Shadow and Scorpio. I didn't want to add in a growth type ability. I thought the power was strong enough by itself. I'll think about it though.

Maybe I could add in another ability, one where the character just concentrates on the moss of their own body. It wouldn't add height, though it would increase weight. What would happen is that by concentrating they could increase their own maximum SDC for a limited time. It wouldn't add extra SDC per se, but they could heal to that level.

For example;
A character has 200 SDC. They spend some time concentrating and at the end of 2 melee rounds they now have the potential to reach 250 SDC. They wouldn't get an actual bonus, but through various methods of healing(natural generation, magical, psionic, etc...) they could get up to the 250 SDC.
---Penn Jillette
MrTwist
Hero

Unread post by MrTwist »

Weaponize(minor)
This odd power transmutes grasped objects into a weapon. The newly created weapon is composed of the same material as the object being transmuted, and retains the same mass. It has just been re-shaped.
Even ranged weapons can be created, as long as the character has the necessary W.P. skill for that weapon. Ammunition, however, can't be created using this power. The character could turn a hunk of steel into a working pistol, but they'd have to have the ammo on hand to use it.

Duration: This power lasts as long as the character is holding the object. If they ever lose hold of the object, or lose consciousness, the object reverts to it's original shape. It can be canceled at will.
Weight Limit: The maximum amount of material that can be transmuted is 5lbs at level 1 + 3lbs per additional level of experience.
Notes:
This power can weaponize any non-living material, except for magical items or psionic items.
The object to be transmuted can't exceed the maximum weight of the power, meaning that part of a target object can't be selected.
The damage of the weaponized object is determined as per the base level of the weapon. You can't replicate high quality weapons, or specific subtypes. So if you create a katana, it does the base damage.
Since you can't create specific types, creating ranged weapons(like pistols) gives a base damage equivalent to the caliber of bullet. It is GM's discretion on what is considered a general damage for any specific weapon.
Transmuting an object does not damage the object. A cell phone changed into a hold-out pistol, and then dropped, becomes the original cell phone once again.

I thought this power was kind of nifty, though I'm not sure if it should be minor. I could easily see someone transmuting their handcuffs into a dagger to surprise a police officer.
---Penn Jillette
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

MrTwist wrote:Weaponize(minor)

I thought this power was kind of nifty, though I'm not sure if it should be minor. I could easily see someone transmuting their handcuffs into a dagger to surprise a police officer.

It only does a maximum of 3d6 damage + PS or about 4-6d6 as a ranged weapon. as a ranged weapon you need to supply your own ammo. On top of that it is loaded with weight and mass limitations. It qualifies nicely for a minor power.

Batts

(On the AB scale anyway)
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

Solid vapour [Major] By Iczer
'I know I know. It's like snot, only bouyant. It'll wash off I promise'

The character can produce a thick, cloying gel like fog that can be used to defend against all sorts of mishaps.
1) Vapour Properties: The vapour resembles a thick pea soup fog. visibility is less than 15 feet. anyone whose vision is impeded by the fog (the target is in the centre, the attacker is in the fog or the fog merely blocks line of sight) is at -2 to strike (-4 from ranged attacks). if the vapour is thick enough, sight is completely blocked and shots are considered wild (and -8 to strike) The vapour muffles sounds as well as various electromagnetic spectums. Radar and sonar are blocked by this power, as are various forms of extrasensory abilities (such as thermal vision). The vapour also drains kinetic energy, and it slows the movement of people and things by 25%. This also reduces the damage of kinetic projectiles by 25% as they pass through the vapour. energy attacks see their damage reduced by half when exposed to the vapour (which allows it to be used in firefighting as well.)
2) Vapour applications: the character can create vapour in the following forms:
* Cloud: creates a vapour cloud 30 feet in radius plus 10 feet per level with the above properties.
* Glob: Creates a semi solid gel like blob a mere 10 feet across. if placed in the path of a fast moving object it will see it's speed slowed to nothing (for objects under 1000lbs) or to half (for objects over 1000 but less than 6000lbs). objects more massive than that simply tear the cloud apart.
* Coating: The vapour can be made to coat an object. such an object drips with vapour and will appear if coated in a gel like sack. succh a target has 30 points of SDC added to them, +10 per level which disperses energy weapons (energy damage is halved when passing through this. kinetic damage passes completely through) this also muffles their sounds and their vision (+10% to prowl, but reduce the range of all audio and visual input by half)
the above applications can be used on targets up to 50 feet away +20 feet per level, and last for 1 minute per level.
3) Shoot vapour/gel: The character can fire this vapour off as a spray. such a spray inflicts a mere 2d4 damage to a target up to 60 feet away +10 feet per level, but such a target is usually dazed from the impact. they must make a saving throw (14+ PE bonuses count) or lose their next action. used aginst a fire makes this an effective firefighting tool, at leats as good as any other liquid (also effective against electrical fires as well)
4) Other abilities:
When coating himself with this gel armour, the character enjoys an additional +2 PP, and PS and gains an AR of 10 (16 vs energy). He can sense things that are in 'his' fog, and does not suffer any penalties for fighting inside his own cover, infact the 360 degree awareness he gains while in his fog garners him a +2 intiaitive and +1 to strike parry and dodge.

Warp attack: [Major] By Iczer
'Bye bye now. don't forget to write'

The character can open very short range rips in time and space in order to assault his foes.
1) Warp assault: the character can create a warp right in the path of a target up to 30 feet away plus 5 feet per level. If the target is in motion(faster than a jogging pace) , he must dodge this attack (which is +4 to strike) or be sucked through, typically deposited in a random location within 6d6 feet. Damage to a target is around 3d6, and the target must save vs balance or be knocke don his but (loses one attack and initiative). This attack can be used to 'catch a falling friend'. while it inflicts normal damage, the friend loses any excess damage from a fall. Against stationary foes, or objects for that matter, the warp in space can beopened at their feet. in this instance make opposed initiative rolls, and if the target is slower he suffers as before (though may also attemot a dodge VS a roll of the character). a standard warp assault is around 4 feet wide and 8 long.
2) Long punch: The character may also use a warp in space to perfrom trick shots. He may create a small (2 feet wide at best) warp in front of him and launch an attack through it to an opponent up to 20 feet away per level. these blows come from odd angles, and so have no bonus to strike above normal, but are -4 to defend against. any of these long punch attacks count as two actions, which may be use dfor other means (such as a disarm, pulling a lever or dropping off a grenade)
3) Wide warp: the character can open wider warps that the ones listed in #1. a wide warp counts as three actions, and creates a rift 30 feet across +5 feet per level up to 60 feet away. it otherwise functions exactly like #1 only it may be used on significantly larger targets or even whole groups of people.

Muscle power: [Minor] By Iczer
'Ohhh this is going to hurt in the morning'

The character has hidden resreves of strength lying untapped inside him, that may be unleashed, but not without dire consequences. The character can enhance his strength by up to 10 points Plus 2 per level, but by doing so, he inflicts damage on himself.
Each point of PS gained in this fashion inflicts 1 point of normal damage to the character (even to invulnerable characters) every melee round it is used, as the skin tears and muscle fibres expand explosively. whil he is using this PS, he gains an AR equal to 1/2 the PS used, in effect becoming more resilient from the bulked up muscle.
The character is much more resistant to pain as well. not only are the effects of pain reduced by half, the character also has a +4 to save vs pain, and may go a number of HP below zero before dying equal to his total available Extra PS.
+10 SDC
+2 PE

Mutative absorbtion: [Minor] By Iczer
'Oh yeah..I just keep getting uglier and uglier'

The character absorbs damage from raw attacks equal to 10 points, plus 10 per level. Once that battery is filled, he absorbs no more damage until it drains away (one point per minute).
Every 5 points of damage he absorbs, reduces his PB by one point as his flesh moulds to accommodate the damage. (minimum PB of 4). Worse, every full 10 points absorbed causes him to roll once on the mutation chart (reroll on no mutation, double jointed, angelic face or ambidexterous, or use a mutation chart of your own choosing)
Mutations drop away at a rate of 1 every hour, and PB recovers at one every 10 minutes. a character cannot have more than one extra muation per level.

Batts

(Round two in five minutes)
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

Manipulate machines: [Minor] By Iczer
'Yeah..you might want to recheck that safety man'

The character can physically manipulate machinery from a distance. any action he could perform with his hands, he can perform from a range of 30 feet +10 feet per level. This is ideal for disarming a weapon (turning the safety to on, or just ejecting rounds manually) to driving a car from the back seat. even a partially damage machine can still be operated efficiently (Despite the fact that a computer may lack a keyboard, the character can still 'type' as if it were still present. likewise a gun manufactured but missing a trigger, could be made to go off at will).
It is important to note that this does not allow the character to interrupt normal operation of the machine. the character cannot prevent someone pulling the trigger of a handgun for instance.

Gravlev [Minor] By Iczer
'Heh, wanna ride on my surfboard?'

The character can charge objects with particles that generate it's own gravitational fields. The upshot is that he can imbue an object with levitation and even flight.
Range: Touch.
Duration: as long as the character concentrates, typically requiring one action is required each round on concentration.
effect: an object so touched defies gravity at the character's will, and bobs gently in the air. if the character wills it, it will move in a direction of his choosing. IF he 'climbs aboard' such an object, he may ride it, flying at a speed of 50 mile sper hour +10 MPH per level. while in flight the character enjoys a +2 to dodge.
Mass ranges: up to 100lbs per level may be affected in this fashion. objects over this mass are unnafected. The object can lift with it an amount of mass equal to itself
Other effects: A Charged item may be thrown with more force. any item under 5 lbs plus 2 per level may be hurled with more force (granted velocity on touch) adding 50% to range and damage of said objects. BY charging his own footwear, he may mildly increase his speed by 2 per level. The character is also immune to the effects of gravity powers.

Batts

(that's it...I'm done now)
Mr Scorpio
Dungeon Crawler

MrTwist wrote:I edited APS: Moss to include AJ's suggestion. Hopefully you like the changes AJ.

Shadow and Scorpio. I didn't want to add in a growth type ability. I thought the power was strong enough by itself. I'll think about it though.

That's cool. After re-reading it I think it's fine without adding growth as well.

MrTwist: I love Weaponize, btw :D I think Iczer is right, it seems to have enough limits for it to be a minor.

Iczer: I really like Gravlev and Warp Attack 8)

OK, so how about....
Mr Scorpio wrote:Brute Strength (Minor)
The character has the ability to temporarily increase his strength at the cost of his mental attributes. Basically this is the ability to transfer I.Q. attribute points straight to P.S.. The character's I.Q. cannot be lowered to less than 3 at which point the character has become a near mindless brute. The character's P.S. becomes Extraordinary with the first point that is transferred. P.S. is further increased to Superhuman after 10 points have been transferred. If the character's P.S. is already Extraordinary then it becomes Superhuman and if it is already Superhuman (or Supernatural) he only gets the added points.
Duration: The transfer of I.Q. points to P.S. lasts for 1 melee round per level of experience

Hope this hasn't been done already, I don't remember it if it has :D
MrTwist
Hero

Unread post by MrTwist »

AJ Pickett wrote:
MrTwist wrote:I edited APS: Moss to include AJ's suggestion. Hopefully you like the changes AJ.

I do, nicely done 8-)
I like the idea for additional S.D.C. however those sort of additional abilities can be covered by inclusion of other minor or major powers.. Growth and Moss would go well together, but so would Plant Control and many other powers.

I was just thinking today about a major power called Wish, it would assign a certain number of points for the character, and each sub-ability of the power would use up a certain number of those power points, allowing the character to use super strength, flight, energy projection, damage resistance, teleportation, telekinesis, matter creation, etc.
All that is required is the character must speak the wish aloud, and must have enough points to perform the power(s) required for the wish.
8-)

Even though I offered up the increased potential SDC subpower, I think APS: Moss is pretty much good as it stands. Actually, the increased potential SDC ability could work very well as it's own minor power. Just tack on an increased regeneration ability depending on your current SDC and you have an alternative to healing factor.

The Wish power you've offered actually might work better as it's own power category. Something so varied in it's potential should be a new category. That's why I stopped working on Dread Transformation as a power; it was better done as a category. I wish I hadn't been distracted, or else I would've finished it. Still, I thinker The Wisher should be it's own category.
---Penn Jillette
Snowtiger
Adventurer

Unread post by Snowtiger »

Would a power that expulses a liquid be considered a matter expulsion power, or would it have it's own "Liquid Expulsion" power family?
"Gonna be sore in the mornin'."
- Hellboy, right after the boss fight scene, after getting up again.

"Never tempt the predator into a bloodlust."
- Snowtiger
MrTwist
Hero

Unread post by MrTwist »

I agree, it would be matter expulsion. Liquids are still matter.

And AJ, I look forward to seeing it. It just seemed like something that would be better off as a category. I could see many options for a character to wish for.

I've been trying to work on my own new category, though it has been rather slow. I have too much other stuff going on to really get into it. It's a more expanded take on Mystically Bestowed that incorporates a wide range of types. I'm going to call it the Chosen hero.
---Penn Jillette
Mr Scorpio
Dungeon Crawler

AJ Pickett wrote:I was just thinking today about a major power called Wish, it would assign a certain number of points for the character, and each sub-ability of the power would use up a certain number of those power points, allowing the character to use super strength, flight, energy projection, damage resistance, teleportation, telekinesis, matter creation, etc.
All that is required is the character must speak the wish aloud, and must have enough points to perform the power(s) required for the wish.

MrTwist wrote:The Wish power you've offered actually might work better as it's own power category. Something so varied in it's potential should be a new category. That's why I stopped working on Dread Transformation as a power; it was better done as a category. I wish I hadn't been distracted, or else I would've finished it. Still, I think The Wisher should be it's own category.

I've been thinking about this for a day or two. I've seen a couple of homebrewed powers that count as 2 Major Super Abilities (for example, way back on page 1 of this thread Jaegermeister posted a power called Power Absorption by Relic). So here's my idea: Instead of going that route, what do you think of making Major Super Abilities that are designed to be taken twice? It could be taken once and would be pretty useful adding a fair amount of flexibility to a character but not too much power but if it is taken twice then not only is the range, duration and damage doubled but a second set of options become available.

For example: A character with the Wish power would be able to wish for any of the sub-powers available and while they would be useful they wouldn't be overpowering (the Super Strength sub-power would add a couple of points to P.S. per level of the character and the Flight sub-power would be equivalent to Flight: Hover), while a character who takes the Wish power twice would be able to be twice as strong and fly twice as fast AND would be able to choose from a second (even cooler) list of sub-powers.

Note: I don't think that taking the power a third time should be allowed (except maybe for the rare NPC who the GM wants to use against the players [insert evil/menacing laugh]).

I believe that this way we could use the existing Power Categories without making them too powerful, just more focused on one power. Just a thought (which can't be a good sign :D )
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

Meld form: [Major] By Iczer
'You two really need to come together on this one...and here I am'

The character has the bizzaire ability to transform into a sort of amalgam between two other characters.
1) Conditions: For this power to work, the character must identify and target two individuals within 30 feet of the character and expend 4 atacks by concentration. at the beginning of the next melee round, the character undergoes his transformation. both targetted individuals must remain within 30 feet of the character. any resulting transformations remain for 5 minutes per level of the character.
2) Alter shape: when the transformation completes, the character finds himself with the cosmetic appearance that resembles an amalgam of the two targetted individuals. The character remains flesh and blood, despite his new appearance. The transformation also affects clothing, up to 8 lbs, but will not affect technological items. Note that this makes an extremely effective disguise when targeting 2 'normal' people
3) Power gain: The character gains one minor power from both targetted characters, or a major power that features in both targeted characters. He gains no SDC or attribute bonuses from these powers, just their raw ability.
4) Altered attributes: The New shape has 50 SDC over and above the character's normal SDC. The resulting character has physical and mental attributes that are the result of the average of all three individuals, or the character's own, whichever is higher.

[Example: Max Power, who has this power, flight: wingless and x-ray vision, targets his teammate RokJok (Aps Stone Leaping) and the villanous cyborg 3V17. Max transforms into a characature of the two, with stony cybernetic limbs. He gains Hardened skin and Ex-PS for the duration of the power, and he gets to use the average of allthree's attributes. as his targets are a cyborg and a stone guy, he can count on some pretty good strength][/size
]

Grow skin [Minor] By Iczer
'Skin graft? don't worry, I got plenty more'

The character can spontaneously generate skin to cover himself, allowing him to perform the following feats:
* Heal 3d6 damage twice per day
* Instantly close off bleeding (but not internal bleeding)
* Recover SDC damage from fire and acid and other contact agents within 1 melee round. HP recovery in these instances are only half (the rest is more than skin deep)
+2d6 SDC
+ 2 PB (Perfect skin)

Terrabsorbtion [Major] By Iczer
'Rock On!'

The character has the ability to defer damage by transmitting some to the ground, and other damage by literally replacing damaged tissue with natural rock and earth.
1) defer damage: If the character is concentrating (-1 attack per round -2 to strike, parry, dodge, and initiative, half speed and half skill percentages) he may transfer any damage he takes elsewhere. The character can transfer 10 points of damage plus 2 per level into the earth if he is standing on rock, earth, soil or any other natural (and earthy) terrain. this would function in a field of wheat, in a park or while fighting ont he beach. it does not apply on *****, while in the air or while in a tree for example. If he is touching worked stone or concrete (not carpeted concrete through) he may transfer half as much damage. All remaining damage is taken by the character.
2) Earth healing: If the character has taken more than half his SDC in damage, his body attempts to draw earth and rock into the wound, melding it with the character. at the start of any round where the character has less than half his SDC remaining, any natural or worked stone within 50 feet flies into his wounds to seal them shut, healing 2d6 Damage. this continues until the character is above half SDC or until the character wills it to stop. The character can also use this to voluntarilly heal, recovering 2d6 every minute while meditating. Earth healing only functions when the character's SDC is down, not when his Earthy HP are low.
3) Earth transformation: when the character's SDC has been replaced with rock, the character gains unnusual strength and durablity. when he character has 25% of his body converted, he gains +2 to PS and PE and an AR of 11. at 50% he gains a further +2 to PS and PE and an AR of 13. at 75% the character gains a further +2PS, PE and an AR of 15.
4) Rock points: The character records his SDC as seperate from his rocky SDC or Rock points. Rock points do not heal, except through deliberate Earth healing. The character can shed rock points, trading them for SDC at a rate of 5 per day. as he does this he looks more and more human. By using rock replacement (see below) the character can recover a lost limb in 1 week.
5) Rock replacement: the character can replace lost limbs through earth healing. Such limbs are the equivilant of the minor power 'alter physical structure of limbs: stone' but attacks with said limb are at -2 to strike and parry
6) Other benefits:
PB +2 (Reduces by 1 for every 10% SDC transformed)
PS +2 (Ex when on open ground or more than 50% converted)
+10 SDC per level.

Blocker [Minor]. By Iczer
'Yearghh!!! Bullets'

The character can produce a temporary soft field at a range of 6 feet +2 feet per level, for the express purpose of deflecting attacks. The character may expend an action to block an incoming attack, just like a regular parry, only without PP bonuses, but with a +4. the block reduces incoming damage by 2d6 +1d6 per level of experience. if this negates the damage entirely then the attack fails. if it only partially blocks the incoming attack, then the attack succeeds, but at a further -2 to strike. if block reduces an attack to nothing, any excess blocking power will remain, and the character can block another attack (no action required) with the remainign damage.
[size=9][The Black hand see's the three S.E.R.P.E.N.T. goons raise their pistols. He prepares his block, rolling a total of 19. the first goon rolls a 12 to strike anflicting 12 damage, the second goon rolls 21 to strike inflicting 9 damage, while the third rolls 16 to strike, 11 damage. Black Hand rolls 5d6, gaining 19 points of blocking power. this blocks the first strike, leaving 7 points left. Black hand rolls again (for free) agisnt the secong goon but scores an 8 and takes the 9 damage on himself. he rolls a third time (also for free) against the third goon, scoring an 18. he blocks 7 points of the incoming attack. the goon's strike roll is reduced to 14 becuase of that, it is below Black hand's AR. lucky him]
The character is also able to block melee attacks with his bare hands with a +2 (does not apply to parries with weapons)
This power can be used for other types of effects as well. as a semipermanent, soft physical barrier, it can be used to dampen flames, and can be used to cushion damage from a fall or crash. As a last resort it can be used as an attack, but is a +2 to strike (No other bonuses) and inflicts 1d4 damage.

Batts
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Shadow wrote:Here is a new class concept that I have been dreaming of for years but just wrote up a ruff draft tonight.............

Transgressor
Hold on I'm not ready ............yet.

The Transgressor is the next step in the mutant evolution. This is someone with an unstable molecular structure to the point that he can actually become a different being. He gains the ability to assume a new form with its own set of attributes and powers. This natural ability is a result of a genetic aberration that goes beyond the human mutant level.

One new form at level 1 and every 3 levels (at 3,6,9,12 &15)

Each form rolls once on the alien appearance table found on page 91 of HU2 for the general look of the form. If you roll 1-20: human-like, treat it as 21-40 humaniod. Then each form will choose one of the extraordinary attribute powers, however no 2 forms will possess the same extraordinary attribute. Then roll your powers up like you do for a mutant.

Each transgression take 15 seconds to complete, -2 seconds per each new form.

Step 1 and the "other stuff" would be the same as mutant

Sounds like what Ben10 is like but w/o the 'super invention' watch
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

Ultramimic [Major] By Iczer
'Yeah, Power bolts are pretty good, but wait until you see mine'

The character can copy the powers of others storing them for very short lived uses.
1) Power slots. The character starts with 6 power slots, and gains 2 per level starting at level 2. Each slot holds one minor power, or one attribute score, or other miscellaneous trait. 2 power slots are required for a major power (but only one for a 'sub power' within a major power). Once a power, attribute or other ability has been copied, it remains in its 'slot' until used or discarded.
A Miscellaneous trait refers to an ability, superhuman or otherwise, not strictly relating to superpowers or abilities. a person's left handed ness, or a 'talent for art' for instance.
2) Copying powers. The character needs to see the copied power in action to place it into an empty power slot. for many powers this is simple, and requires the character spend an action doing so. for passive powers, (immortality, invulnerability etc) the character needs to know the target has the power, and then to remain nearby for 1 melee round to absorb it via osmosis. The concentration to perfrom this requires one action in that melee round, as well as -2 to strike/parry/dodge and initiative. a target must remain within 30 feet (+10 feet per level) while a power is being copied.
3) Using powers. When the character chooses to use a power slot, it immeadiately becomes vacant, and the character may use that power or ability as if it were his own. the character's understanding is such that he uses the borrowed ability at a level equal to his own +2. At any rate, the power lasts for 1 mellee round before dissolving (2 melee rounds at level 5, 3 at level 10 and 4 at level 15).

Batts
znbrtn
Hero

Unread post by znbrtn »

that's a very neat idea, AJ. i'd call it sensory cloud or something similar.

speaking of having ideas for powers, i had a few of my own today. i thought they might be okay as one power, but they seem powerful enough on their own to be seperate.

1) similar to control/possession, the character can take control of others. the difference is that he merges with them when he takes control.

2) the character can merge with allies to give them a considerable power boost for the duration of his stay.
look up in the sky, it's a bird, it's a plane, it's Airman, *****, and i'm bringin' the pain!
i got a fan installed in my grill, no lie, i'm gonna blow your *** straight off the map, goodbye!
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

Skimmer: [Minor] By Iczer
'Woosh'

The character can create a kind of ground effect for the purposes of levitation and rapid travel. While the character gains the ability to be fast an manoevreable, he also becomes loud and somewhat distracting.
Speed: When activated, the character can travel at 200 MPH plus 10 Mph per level
Bonuses in flight: +2 to dodge. +4 damage per 20 Mph
Manoeverability: Gains +2 to strike and +1 attack when travelling under 60 Mph. over 60 MPH the character has less ability to stop. this power is not good for tight turns or excellent manoeverability. the distance required to make a 180 degree turn is roughly 1 foot per MPH. this is divided by 10 below 60MPH (20 MPH needs only 2 feet to turn around, whereas 200Mph needs 200 feet.)
Height: The character can manage a height of 4 feet +1 foot per level in height. the character simply doesn't go any higher.
Over run: when travelling at speed, the character can attempt to fly directly over a target. this attack requires 2 attacks to perform (and unless under 60mph, requires another attack just to turn around) Any target undernertah his flight path feels the full force of his Ground effect. targets take 2d4 damage (plus the usual bonus from speed) and must save vs balance or be slammed into the pavement. Unlike a body block/tackle, this may be attempted upon a group of people at once
Other bonuses: +55 SDC

Chaotic [Major] By Iczer
'Feel that Heroes. Feel the Awesome might i project'

The character can increase localised chaotic forces, disrupting the very fabric of reality around him in uncontrolled and destructive ways.
1) Low level disruption: with just the merest amount of effort, the character begins to affect all things within 10 feet, like a protective dome. attacks passing through or coming into this bubble suffer a -4 to strike. Bullets dissolve, beams of light turn to sand, swords become oily etc. In addition, aside from the character himself, everything within this zone takes 2d4 damage every melee round from random chaos.
2) Destructive aura: the character can pump out this effect with additional concentration. at the cost of -2 to all combat moves, -10% to all skills, halving speed and reducing attacks per melee by 1, the character pumps the above 'bubble' of raw chaos out to 30 feet +10 feet per level. Everything in this area takes 3d6 damage three times per round (save of course the character himself). Machines malfunction almost immeadiately (50% chance, check once per round) while in this area and living creatures find the area very uncomfortable, imposing a -1 to all combat moves, and -5% to all skills.
3) Focused Chaos: By focussing on a single target, the character can direct chaos in a more devestating form. The character can fire a disruptive beam that extends for 60 feet +20 feet per level (+2 to strike). any target struck by this beam takes 1d6 damage, regardless of Armour rating. every successive blast increases this damage by 1d6 all the way to 10D6. this drops down by 1d6 for every missed blast of opportunity [i][Dr Kaotique fires at Ms Victoria, every one of his attacks this melee round. his 4th attack inflicts 4d6. for his fifth attack he dodges Ms Victoria's hurled buick. whe he fires on the first action of the next round he does only 4d6 again.] [/i] eventually this power can shake anything apart.
4) So what sort of damage is Chaos anyway? Chaos damage is caused by very small but persistant and uncontrolled changes occuring when the laws of nature and physics get temporarilly turned on their head. atoms drift away, energy is created or destroyed etcetera. A park bench might be subject to withering heat for a few fractions of a second, before all it's paint turns to molten rock, right after gravity decides' it weighs 3000lbs. to simulate the aftermath of this power, every 25 damage or so should generate a 'residue' from the following chart.
01-10 Soft release of an energy (gravity, electricity, light etc)
11-20 Hard release of energy (Discharges quickly, inflciting random damage to itself or another object))
21-30 Twisted shapes (Local objects are twisted and distorted)
31-40 Melted (Local objects have melted somewhat and resolidified afterwards, or have 'bled' off a liquid that now lies about in pools)
41-50 Merged (Targets have squeezed together to form a single object)
51-60 Creatures (Either an object is now an animate lifeform, or it has given birth to many animate life forms)
61-70 Change lesser (Targets have suffered a cosmetic alteration)
71-80 Change moderate (Targets suffer a change that makes them bizzaire)
81-90 Change major (Objects are changed to completely different things)
91-100 Transmutation (Target has changed it's material state)
In all cases, Living creatures are a little more resilient to change. any living target affected by the above 'residue' effects may make a save (14+ PE bonuses count. -1 for every 25 damage taken) to be merely cosmetically affected. characters failing this save take an additional 4d6 damage fromt he change.
[Example: Kaotique has been fighting the local mall cops for 5 minutes now and has inflicted 120 damage to the local landscape, (as well as to mall patrol. He rolls for the environment (34) each mall cop (22, 11,69) a mall Bench (99) and the eatery area (08). the GM rules that the ground has turned to uneven liquid goop, which drips from the ceilings and walls, the Mall bench has turned to ice, and the eatery area now suffers from anti gravity style effects (objects float for the next 20 minutes). Two cops make their saving throws (one becomes bruised and his uniform is all twisted and torn, the second one has discharged fire from his face. the third one not only sufferd extra affects ( cosmetic transmutation: skin has become reptillian) but he has suffered an additional 4d6 damage as a result.]
4) Miracle working: With application of raw will, the character can use this power to produce effects from #3 at will. The character needs to spend 5 full minutes of carefull concentration and make a saving throw (14+ ME bonuses count). should he be successful, he rolls on the residue chart. if he likes the effect, then he dictates how it functions. if he doesn't he must continue. if he is unsuccessful, the traget item loses 10% of it's SDC (but no more than 30). in either case, the character may continue until he gets it right or he gives up. at any rate every attempt inflicts 3d6 on the character from strain and backlash.
[Kaotique feels sorry for the security guard and visits him in hospital, determined to cure his condition. After 5 minutes of focusing, he makes his saveing throw and rolls on the chart. 71. a bizzaire change is no good. Kaotique takes 3d6 damage and continues. he rolls again after 5 minutes and fails. The security guard mutates further taking 10% damage (and considering he is in the hospital he doesn't have very much left). Kaotique takes another 3d6 and begins to feel the burn. as the guard falls into a coma Kaotique tries again. he makes the ME save, and rolls a 66. a cosmetic change. Kaotique dictates that this restores the guard's appearance. Kaotique has spent 15 minutes and taken 9d6 damage (not to mention has worsened the guard's state and gotten hospital security ver jump.)]

Batts
Mr Scorpio
Dungeon Crawler

Iczer wrote:Chaotic [Major] By Iczer
'Feel that Heroes. Feel the Awesome might i project'

The character can increase localised chaotic forces, disrupting the very fabric of reality around him in uncontrolled and destructive ways.

Dude.....you're starting to scare me :shock:
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

don't make me go all Akira on yo ass :eek: 8)

Despite it's vainglorious description, it's not really unbalanced or overpowered. It is pretty powerful, but not more than any other high end major Look at APS plasma for instance.

Batts
MrTwist
Hero

Unread post by MrTwist »

Since advantages and disadvantages don't really have a place in cannon HU2, maybe some optional rules are in order. A lot of powers, both major and minor, have many possibilities for modifying. While I like the general system of Palladium, I've always more enjoyed systems like Champions or G.U.R.P.S. Supers which allow for customization.

Heck, I might be able to pull a Rifter submission out of this if work allows me the time to better define it.

Here's an idea for Optional Powers.

Optional(minor or major)
The Optional category of powers in something new, but directly related to both the major and minor categories of powers. The powers themselves are worthy enough to be considered majors or minors, but they require interaction with other types of powers to be useful.
Most powers are rather generic, giving an effect and uses. Some give bonuses. Any and all powers are customizeable in their superficial aspects. One person's Flight: Wingless might leave untrackable energy trails as a visual effect, while the next person has tiny wings on their wrists.
Optional(category) powers are really a method to include non-superficial changes to powers. They might change various parts of other powers, or even sub-powers, but still noteable in their own right.
Any Optional power will include a list of powers they affect. This is also the list of powers required to take the Optional power.
The new Optional power does take up space in the character's powers. An Optional minor power will take up a minor power slot. An Optional major will take up a major slot. When a power is rolled up or chose, the player has the option of forgoing the normal methods and instead choosing an Optional.
Optional powers can't be randomly rolled. They are chosen to modify powers currently held.

Here's an example.

Extend To Hand Held(minor)
Powers:
Any APS powers(including the limb powers from PU1)
Intangibility
Invulnerability
Cloaking
Vibration(the sub-ability of intangibility only)
Copy Physical Structure
Any EE power
All Immunity powers from PU1
Electrical Resistance

Effect: The character can affect a hand held weapon(melee or ranged) with their own transformative power. The weapon/item itself is considered made of the same material as the character.
Cost: One melee action. Activating this optional costs one melee action per round.
Weight Limit: 50lbs at level one. An additional 10lbs additional weight is added at levels 5, 10, and 15.
Damage: Used as a weapon, the item or weapon transformed has the same damage as the 'bolt' sub-power. Most EE powers have a base damage, which is the 'bolt' power itself. When possessed by the character with this power, the weapon is equal to the EE Damages. The transformed weapon has the damage capabilities equal to the 'bolt attack' of a power. This is only triggered upon a successful hit.
So if you have this power and EE: Plasma, you apply your EE damage to your hand to hand attacks.
Notes: This power basically applies to a hand held weapon the same composition as the user. This also includes advantages as well as disadvantages.
Some powers don't have a 'bolt attack'. The power(in this case; Invulnerability, Intangibility, etc...) applies to the hand held weapon all of the users' specific conditions. If you are Invulernable, so will your hand held weapon.
Some useful powers don't have an attack, but have resistances. If this power is joined with them, they are considered part of the character as far as powers affecting them. An Invulnerable character holding onto a crowbar could extend their power to include the crowbar.
---Penn Jillette
Zenvis
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator

Unread post by Zenvis »

I know that you have'nt heard from me in a while but I wanted to let you know that I am working on a project that will take all the powers that I have created and create a series of adventures. I just have one question, who helped me with the super power blink? I cannot find the correction to give the credit to that person. Please private message me.
Everything you can imagine is real. - Pablo Picasso
Imagination is more important than knowledge." but knowledge does help. - Albert Einstein
The gift of fantasy has meant more to me than my talent for absorbing positive knowledge. - Albert Einstein
My Blog and My Other Blog
MrTwist
Hero

Unread post by MrTwist »

I know there are various versions of powers which grant powers to others, but this is my own take using the Optional category I posted before. I'm probably going to do at least a few more of these Optional type powers over time.

Extend To Others(optional major)
This is a very useful and versatile option. It allows the character to grant facsimiles of their own abilities to others. While it can't be used with constant powers, there are many activated abilities that can be granted.
Powers:
Any power that is activated by use. Powers that are constantly on(like Invulernability, certain ehanced senses powers, Immortality, etc....) can't be granted to others.
Level of Granted Power:
At first level, one other person can be granted a power. The receiver of the power can only use it at level one capabilities. At level three, only one person can be granted a power, but it is of level three capability. At sixth level, two people can be given the power, but at different levels. One person can be given the power at sixth level, while the second has the power at third level. This continues every third level.
This means that at level 15, 5 people can be granted a power. One has the power at 15th level, one at 12th, one at 9th, one at 6th, and one at 3rd.
Duration: 2 minutes per level of experience of the granter.
Time Required: One entire melee round is required to grant powers, no matter how few or many are given the same power.
This means that granting different people different powers requires one melee per power.
[/i]Notes:[/i]
Enhanced attribute powers, including Extraordinary Speed and Sonic Speed, are considered constant powers. Sonic Flight, though, is not.
This is an Optional power that adds on to any power the character possesses. They can use this power with any of their powers, major or minor.
Any person that is affected by this power can only be granted one power. Even if another person with this optional power targets them, they are only granted the initial power. When the duration ends, they can be affected by a different power.
It is GM's discretion on powers that might be vague on whether or not they are constant, i. e. Lightning Reflexes and Danger Sense are constant, but Claws might not be. Or Copy Physical Structure and Copy Animal Abilities are not constant, but Electrical Resistance probably is.
For those abilities that are activated, but provide a bonus to whatever, the bonuses they provide to whatever attribute is given to those granted by the power until the duration is over.
---Penn Jillette
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

Bah. I just like seeing my name in lights :)

as for the re-edit steeler69: I have another power floating around called skin control. it has a lot of the things you are talking about.

On the Iczer scale (Can you tell I made that up with a whole deal of thought and reflection?) your rewrite still has it qualify for a minor power so...whatever floats your boat man :)

**Gives thumbs up**

As for my editing.....well That's just me being lazy. A lot of the time I think of a power, and i write it on the spot without making a rough draft elsewhere. my own copies of what I write get to my computer a few weeks later when I decide to copy them from these boards, so in many cases these boards have the only copy.

Batts

[Who has stopped writing little quotes in these brackets...oh wait....]
MrTwist
Hero

Unread post by MrTwist »

Tele-Punch(minor)
"Good, you finally picked up. This might sting."

This power is related to the Digitize power. Mainly, it's a variation on the digital teleport sub-ability. The character can extend a limb over any information transfer line. What they do with the limb on the other end is up to them.

Range: Functionally infinite. No matter how far away the other end of the line is, the limb is instantly transported. The only range limit is that it does not work across dimensional or temporal distances.
Limitations: Nothing other than the limb can be teleported. If the character is holding an object, the power does not work.
Although the character can manipulate objects on the other end of the line, nothing can be brought back. When the character deactivates the power to bring the limb back, the limb fades away so any held object is dropped.
Even though nothing can be transported with the limb, Super Inventions that grant this power(and are based on the arms, or are power armor) can go through the line.
Optional; If a GM considers this power to be too strong for a minor, they can choose to add one more limitation. The person using this ability can't use their teleported limb to activate a super power on the other end, and power armors can't activate any weapon systems.
Usable Lines: Land-line phones, cell phones, and cable modems. Short range communications devices, like walkie talkies and 'bugs', can be used. Also, security cameras, computer monitors, and televisions can be used.
The television can only be used if it's hooked up to a dedicated feed. So if you're watching a tv show, you can't use it. If you are watching a live news broadcast, then you can only if there's no delay(like a few second delay for quick editing). A TV hooked up to a security camera is fair game.
A computer monitor can be used as long as their is an active monitor on the other end. So sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't depending on the status of the other end.
Actions: It takes one melee action to use this power, along with another to remove the limb.
Notes:
If the connection is severed, the character is knocked back from the device or line they were using about three feet, taking 1D6 damage due to feedback.
If their is some kind of resistance on the other end that is stronger than the character(like someone stronger holding on to the limb) and the connection is severed, the character may lose the limb! The character can make a roll on their Escape Artist skill, or roll percentile. If the character chooses percentile, the chances of saving their limb are 25%. Any roll over 25%, and the limb is severed.

I just came up with this idea on the ride home from the store. Could use a bit of editing, but I like it. It has a whole bunch of interesting uses, especially for criminals. Consider calling a bank, reaching through, and using Catastrophic System Failure just moments before you rob it.
---Penn Jillette
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

Nature's toolkit [Minor] By Iczer
'Ummm yeah...i got it from that tree over there'

The character can coax local flora to produce abnormal formations to create living tools.
1) Alter plants: The simplest of manipulations is coaxing plantlife to simply change shape. hedges can trimmed by thought alone, trees can move their branches to block or reveal the sun, and ivy can be arranged to spell out love messages to a passerby. The character requires 1 melee round to manipulate a cube of plant matter 10 feet (3 metres) on a side of 'soft' plant matter grasses ivy and leaves, or 2 feet (0.6 metres) on a side of hard, wooden plant matter, such as branches or tree trunks. Plants cannot move from thier current position, but can pull up roots and be transported elsewhere before putting setting down roots again.
2) Create useful tools: The character can coax local flora to form into usefull, but unpowered tools. simple hand held items can be made in a single melee round. alrger items require one minute per 10x10x10 cube. In this fashion, the character can make weapons and armour, crowbars, even lockpicks, ladders and any other unpowered tool. (while ranged weapons are typically beyond the scope of the power, the character can still make a bow or cross bow from local plant matter. A tool remains after creation until it dies of it's own accord. Notably a created object can be planted after it is of no more use to the character, and be reused again at a later date.
4) Create pharmaceuticals and chemicals. By coaxing local flora to produce foreign and unnusual fruit, the character can manufacture a variety of simple medicines and poisons. the character gains the skill Holistic medicine at +10%, and can treat any forested area as a stocked chemistry laboratory. Plants can be made to produce any ordinary byproduct of the plant kingdom, but need not make sense for the plant actually producing it. Kudzu can be made to produce whole apples, while aloe vera may be extracted from an oak tree, with maple sap from Ivy and so on. Depending on the scope and nature of the produce required, changes of this type can be made in between 10 minutes to 2 hours. (Producing water from a tree may only take minutes, while causing a dandelion t o produce grapes may take an hour.)

Steal fortune [Major] By Iczer
'You know, my pappy always said that it was better to be lucky than smart. pity for you that is.'

The character absorbs the small forces that surround people that cause probabilities to skew in their favour. In essence, he is able to drain their very luck and absorb it into himself.
1) Drain Luck: This ability affects all individuals within 30 feet at all times. The net effect is that his targets within this range transfer good fortune to the character, all the while being robbed of it themselves. In effect everyone in range suffers the following effects.
* Any critical is downgraded to a regular hit (Note that jump kicks remain a 'critical hit'. The damage there comes from skill and power)
* Any percentile dice roll that 'just makes it' (within 3% of a target's skill) is considered a fail.
* Any person partaking in a risk that relies on chance has the odds against him doubled (so a person gambling on a coin toss see's his chance of winning drop to 25%).
* In combat, dice rolls are rounded downwards to the nearest even number, making misfortune much more common.
This effect is subtle and ongoing, continuing even when the character sleeps. Obviously it does not affect himself, or anyone directly aiding him ( a doctor trying to save the character's life is not hampered by this, but if that same doctor were to turn to help a team mate, then the effect returns)
2) Absorb Luck: The character gains fortune by absorbing it form others. The character has a luck pool equal to 6, +1 per level. on any given day, the character has 1d6 points of luck in this pool. He also gains a single point for this pool whenver the effects of drain luck cause someone to fail a skill roll, or a roll in combat, or would have scored a critical.
[Example: Fortuna is battling ninjas in the alley behind his diner. Tyhe first ninja launches a kick and rolls a 19. this is rounded down to 18, but fortuna fails to parry. as the kick was successful, he gains nothing. In the shadows, a second ninja fires darts from his blowgun. he rolls a 13, which drops to 12. Beneath Fortuna's AR. as this was unsuccessful, fortuna gains a point. the last ninja executes a body flip/throw. this critical is downgraded to normal damage, but fortuna gains a point anyway, despite having to pick himself off the ground.]3) Spending Luck points: The character's luck pool can be spent int he following manner;
* A luck point can be used to reduce damage taken by 10 per point spent. if a character takes no damage becuas of this, secondary effects are likewise negated ( a poisoned blade that does no damage fails to deliver any poison)
* A Luck point can be spent to raise a dice result by 3 on a d20, or 12 on percentile dice. this can be used in combat without the cost of an additional action.
* A Luck point can be spent to inflict 3d6 damage to a nearby target (One within 30 feet. the target will be allowed to dodge (15+) or roll with punch/fall impact to negate or avoid this damage.
* a luck point may be spent to halve a character's chance of failure in a circumstance strictly governed by chance.
* A Luck point may invoke a happy or fortunate coincidence.
Spending a luck point requires an action, but any amount may be spent on any targets within 30 feet.
[Fortuna finds the ninja boss in a warehouse after the ill fated alley incident. Combat ensues in badly lip synched english. Fortuna decides to really skew the opening round in his favour. as an opening gambit he spends 3 of his luck to inflict 9d6 damage to the ninja. the net effect is defined as a collapsing section of roof, which the ninja sidesteps neatly with a dodge. Seizing his next action, Fortuna dashes forward to deliver a chop to the ninja's neck. Rolling an 11 to the ninja's 14 to parry, Fortuna decides that the ninja's hand is instead caught on his sword belt, spending 2 luck to retroactively raise his to hit roll to 17. the ninja takes a chop to the neck]

Planetery Step [Major] By Iczer
'One small step for Bob, One giant step for the tennants of 17 Monroe Avenue'

The character can teleport over planetery distances.
Specifically, he can open a dorrway, 10 feet (3Metres) on a side, which leads to another planetery body. The minimum distance from the character's start and finish points is 100,000 miles (160,000Kilometres), so lunar trips are possible. The maximum distance is 1 AU (roughly 93 million miles or 150 million Kilometres), at first level, doubled at every level after wards (topping out at 16,384 AU a little less than 1/4 of a light year).
This power comes with a numnber of notes an a staggering amount of possibilities:
1) At first level, the portal can be made stright to the Earth's sun. The portal is one way travel, and is not light permiable (IE you cannot see through to the other side. While innanmate matter may be passed through the portal, Living creatures instinctively sheild themselves from being delivered to such a deadly fate. If a portal does not lead to a area of equal pressure, temperature and atmosphere as the starting location, any unwilling, living being is immeadiately ejected from the portal before passing through it. This results in the target taking 3d6 damage from the effect. If pressure, atmosphere and temperature are the same, then an unwilling target may make a PE based saving throw (14+) to avoid being passed through the portal (also resulting in 3d6 damage)
2) The character can only travel to places he can see. this makes aiming very difficult, as there are very few individuals who can clearly see a landing zone some 100,000 miles away. Thus a character on the moon can aim for north america as a landing point, even pinpointing New york state, he could not portal straight to his malibu home. a character can memorise a 'planetery body' by sighting it directly with other instruments. the character really has no chance of even selecting a landing zone, landing randomly.
3) Time. It takes one minute of uninterupted concentration to open a portal for 1 AU of travel. for each doubling required, it takes a further 1 minute. Mars could be reached in 2 minutes ( a feat NASA would want to hear about). One of Saturn's moons would take 5 minutes.
4) Going Part way. The character is more than capable of making part of a journey through a portal, resting in space and then creating another portal to go further. This is complicated greatly by not being able to survive in space for the requisite time. assuming the character CAN survive in space (NASA has loaned the character a space suit for instance) he may continue on his merry way. a 4 th level character can open portals stretching out to 16 AU's. He may step his 16 AU's, and then after 4 more minutes, he may step the remaining distance to neptune if he chooses.
5) Duration: a portal lasts for 2 minutes per level. Portals are one way only. The character can 'sense' local conditions on the other side of the portal by 'touching' it's skin. this way he can tell where it leads to without actually crossing over.
Other abilities: As the character passes through his portals, he generates a protective field that coats him and all he is in contact with in a second skin. this field lasts for 6 hours per level, and seals the character in a pressure resistant, air recycling skin. The skin recycles air for 20 minutes per level, and protects the character from temperatures extremes (half damage from heat and cold) as well as providing 25 SDC +10 per level. It also protects from acid and high atmospheric pressures, but does not allow the character to survive at more than 5 atmospheres or more than 2000 feet underwater.

Batts

[More soon..I promise]
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

Darkman [Minor] By Iczer
'Let us see what else the Shadow Knows shall we?'

The character can cause localised darkness to deepen in his vicinity.

1) Shroud of darkness: the character becomes inly black in appearance, as if he had been coated in tar. In reality, his skin destroys light on contact, spewing forth only inky darkness. In areas of shadow and darkness he gains +20% to prowl.
2) Protections: the character's sheild of darkness renders him immune to damage from light and lasers, and reduces radiation effects on himself to half normal.
3) Cloud: the character can halve the strenght of light sources within 60 feet. this reduces the luminosity of light sources, and of course , deepen shadows. all individuals gain +10% to prowl in these circumstances.
4) Senses: The character can see for 75 feet in even pitch darkness.

Batts

[Naw..that's all for tonight]
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

AJ Pickett wrote:Sensory Spit
-By AJ Pickett (ad4emperor@hotmail.com)-
"Hwuuuuuuuaaack!"
The character is able to create a specially charged ball of spittle, enhanced with wierd sensory powers, at higher levels of experience, the character gains pin point accuracy and the ability to spit with extraordinary force.

uuuuuuueee gooy...

Other then the gooyness of the idea it seams to be ok....I can see a refelcetion of "Spit Dragon Pearl" in its creation.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”