Can someone give me a review of Adventures in Dinosaur Swamp

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

gaby
Knight

Can someone give me a review of Adventures in Dinosaur Swamp

Unread post by gaby »

Tell me What you think of Adventures in Dinosaur Swamp?

What think is the Best Parts?

What are O.C.C,s in it?
Marrowlight
Knight
Comment: Listen very carefully, human...the fact that I even allow you to speak directly to me is a gift I bestow upon you. You do not order me. You beg for my appreciation and then wait to see if I choose to bestow it upon you.

Re: Can someone give me a review of Adventures in Dinosaur S

Unread post by Marrowlight »

Arcanus wrote:Is it worth buying?

Depends on what you're looking for in a book. If you want some neat new monsters and some good terrain detail then yes. If you're looking for other things then maybe not.
Soon I Shall Bring Forth A New Beginning, And All Shall Be Made Mighty At The Touch Of My Hand

Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations.
Josh Sinsapaugh
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Unread post by Josh Sinsapaugh »

Damn...I wish I could give a review... :(

From what I know to be in it, I consider it a definitive buy, in my book (pun-unintended).

~ Josh
Marrowlight
Knight
Comment: Listen very carefully, human...the fact that I even allow you to speak directly to me is a gift I bestow upon you. You do not order me. You beg for my appreciation and then wait to see if I choose to bestow it upon you.

Josh Sinsapaugh wrote:Damn...I wish I could give a review... :(

From what I know to be in it, I consider it a definitive buy, in my book (pun-unintended).

~ Josh

Have you still not gotten your copy? Shame Man :(
Soon I Shall Bring Forth A New Beginning, And All Shall Be Made Mighty At The Touch Of My Hand

Marrowlight
Knight

Zerebus wrote:Hey, where'd the T-Rex's horror factor go?

They lost it about 4 movies ago. They're just not scary anymore. :D

glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

Zerebus wrote:
Marrowlight wrote:
Zerebus wrote:Hey, where'd the T-Rex's horror factor go?

They lost it about 4 movies ago. They're just not scary anymore. :D

ACK!!!!

Blast you, Spielberg!!!!

Blame Horner, the stupid 'Tyrannosaurus rex was a scavenger' theory has sapped the rex's image.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Marrowlight
Knight

Zerebus wrote:No, Marrowlight's logic works better. :D

I think Cheri is getting bumped from my sig line... :D

Ah ha, looks like there was room left for both!

Marrowlight
Knight

Zerebus wrote:Somehow I knew you'd do that.

I just couldn't help it man - it is such a perfect sig quote, you must agree. :D

Marrowlight
Knight

Zerebus wrote:Oh, I knew what was going to happen as I typed it.

Well, then I'm glad to have danced to your strings pulling, it lead to a very nice sig :D

NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

I finally got the book and will try and give a review in a day or two.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Shadow Wyrm
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Shadow Wyrm »

Should not of been a world book.A sourcebook yes, but not a world book.

I think It's just a dirity trick. A real world book world of been Japan 2 or Austrialia 2 or 3 or Underseas 2 or India or China 3. Dino Swamp 2 is more a sourcebook or an adverture book.
Marrowlight
Knight

Shadow Wyrm wrote:Should not of been a world book.A sourcebook yes, but not a world book.

I think It's just a dirity trick. A real world book world of been Japan 2 or Austrialia 2 or 3 or Underseas 2 or India or China 3. Dino Swamp 2 is more a sourcebook or an adverture book.

It had the page count, so it got the title - and there's no promise any of those phantom books would be any different in format than Adventures in DS.

Prince Artemis
Voice of the Gateway
Comment: I love how people are quick to make demands, make spurious claims and then play the victim when you call them on it.
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, CANADA. NOT Austrailia, CANADA.

Unread post by Prince Artemis »

the only things that it lacks aside from most world books is new spells/psi or more occs, but word arround these boards is that new occs are a bad thing
Josh Sinsapaugh
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Dr. Hellstromme wrote:
Prince Artemis wrote:the only things that it lacks aside from most world books is new spells/psi or more occs, but word arround these boards is that new occs are a bad thing
Dino swamp 1 has its share of redundant occ-variations

But some new water warlock spells could have place in a "swamp book", IMO

You call the Wilderness Scout variations redundant, yet you ask for more spells for Elemental Magic?

~ Josh
Marrowlight
Knight

Josh Sinsapaugh wrote:
Dr. Hellstromme wrote:
Prince Artemis wrote:the only things that it lacks aside from most world books is new spells/psi or more occs, but word arround these boards is that new occs are a bad thing

You call the Wilderness Scout variations redundant, yet you ask for more spells for Elemental Magic?

~ Josh

While I fail to see the Scouts as being redundant myself, I can see why a guy who dislikes more occ's could want more magic - it isn't like you have to hate all new things if you hate one y'know?

Personally, I wouldn't mind some updating on all the Warlock spell lists...they really haven't had much done to them since they were first designed for PF way back in the day. (Well, other than having PPE costs added to them).

Josh Sinsapaugh

Marrowlight wrote:
Josh Sinsapaugh wrote:
Dr. Hellstromme wrote:

~ Josh

While I fail to see the Scouts as being redundant myself, I can see why a guy who dislikes more occ's could want more magic - it isn't like you have to hate all new things if you hate one y'know?

Personally, I wouldn't mind some updating on all the Warlock spell lists...they really haven't had much done to them since they were first designed for PF way back in the day. (Well, other than having PPE costs added to them).

New Walock Spells?

Perfect topic for a Rifter Article....

And suddenly, I have more on my plate.... :nh: why do I do this to myself?

ANYWAYS I liked the Wilderness Scout variants, I wouldn't exactly consider them redundant. I could see how some New Warlock spells would be a good thing...though I think that just throwing some new spells into the middle of a world book (without reprint of the O.C.C.) is kind of hokey, that's more the providence of the Rifter.

~ Josh
Marrowlight
Knight

Josh Sinsapaugh wrote:
New Walock Spells?

Not if you want them to be official, y'know? Does official status matter to me? No. Does it matter to you? I suspect also no. Does it matter to a disgusting amount of people it seems? Absolutely.

Josh Sinsapaugh wrote:And suddenly, I have more on my plate.... :nh: why do I do this to myself?

You just want to keep getting in Rifters so you don't have to buy them, Admit it.

Josh Sinsapaugh wrote:ANYWAYS I liked the Wilderness Scout variants, I wouldn't exactly consider them redundant.

Agreed.

Josh Sinsapaugh wrote:I could see how some New Warlock spells would be a good thing...though I think that just throwing some new spells into the middle of a world book (without reprint of the O.C.C.) is kind of hokey, that's more the providence of the Rifter.

Here I disagree. Coffin in particular did a wonderful job of doing just that in his Library of (not even going to try to spell it...) Bletherad book. Should a summation of the Warlock exist? Sure - maybe even a reprint of the strict occ skills that take up less than a page or so? I can buy that. But reprinting the entire Warlock section is just a page count burner.

Rifters are still, for now, the providence of fan related and primarily unofficial material - so when someone wants something guaranteed to be official, it still needs to be put in an official continuity product.

~ Josh[/quote]

Josh Sinsapaugh

Marrowlight wrote:
Josh Sinsapaugh wrote:
New Walock Spells?

Not if you want them to be official, y'know? Does official status matter to me? No. Does it matter to you? I suspect also no. Does it matter to a disgusting amount of people it seems? Absolutely.

Josh Sinsapaugh wrote:And suddenly, I have more on my plate.... :nh: why do I do this to myself?

You just want to keep getting in Rifters so you don't have to buy them, Admit it.

Josh Sinsapaugh wrote:ANYWAYS I liked the Wilderness Scout variants, I wouldn't exactly consider them redundant.

Agreed.

Josh Sinsapaugh wrote:I could see how some New Warlock spells would be a good thing...though I think that just throwing some new spells into the middle of a world book (without reprint of the O.C.C.) is kind of hokey, that's more the providence of the Rifter.

Here I disagree. Coffin in particular did a wonderful job of doing just that in his Library of (not even going to try to spell it...) Bletherad book. Should a summation of the Warlock exist? Sure - maybe even a reprint of the strict occ skills that take up less than a page or so? I can buy that. But reprinting the entire Warlock section is just a page count burner.

Rifters are still, for now, the providence of fan related and primarily unofficial material - so when someone wants something guaranteed to be official, it still needs to be put in an official continuity product.

The Magicks (with a K because it's kewl :P ) in Bletherad are supposed to be old forgotten magics...though I guess your point is well met. I loved those spells...especially the Tome of Northern Winter and the Bygone Spells.

~ Josh
Marrowlight
Knight

Josh Sinsapaugh wrote:
The Magicks (with a K because it's kewl :P ) in Bletherad are supposed to be old forgotten magics...though I guess your point is well met. I loved those spells...especially the Tome of Northern Winter and the Bygone Spells.

~ Josh

Oh sure, they're SUPPOSED to be forgotten....but the line between forgotten by everyone and relatively knew and only known to a handful of swamp hoppers in the Dinosaur Swamps of North America is a think line y'know? The format for one could work as well as the format for the other.

(I All Capped Supposed because I know each and everyone of you had at least one player itching to be 'the one who knew' about those spells and tried to grandfather them into his spell lists.)

gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

Come on.

I need a real Review.

What do you think is the Best part of it?

What is the Number of New Dinosaurs in it?

Are ther any New R.C.C,s?

Return to “Rifts®”