Numerology

Let's talk of things that go bump in the night. Stuff that makes your skin crawl. Creatures that are Beyond the Supernatural™. Also checkout the in-character site - Lazlo Society™

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Numerology

Unread post by Jefffar »

Seeing as I am the most prolific poster on the Lazlo Society (at least when it comes to a single identity) and I am the only poster with a post count of 665, I am thinking that I should amke my next post, with it's rather symbolic numerology of being the 666th post, a special post.

Unfortunately I don't have any ideas.

Suggestions?
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
Marrowlight
Knight
Comment: Listen very carefully, human...the fact that I even allow you to speak directly to me is a gift I bestow upon you. You do not order me. You beg for my appreciation and then wait to see if I choose to bestow it upon you.

Unread post by Marrowlight »

You could talk about the recent study which theorizes that it is really 616 that is the key number, not 666.
Soon I Shall Bring Forth A New Beginning, And All Shall Be Made Mighty At The Touch Of My Hand

Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations.

Unread post by Guest »

Read Heinlein's Number of the Beast. It will give you a whole new insight into the "666" significance.
Sentinel
Palladin

Unread post by Sentinel »

Marrowlight wrote:You could talk about the recent study which theorizes that it is really 616 that is the key number, not 666.

Take that kind of talk back to Heroes Unlimited, where it belongs. :lol:
when you get right down to it, Sentinel's right.~Uncle Servo.

Sentinel. you'll be always loved by the German Princess.~Nelly

That's twice in one day Sentinel has cleaned up my mess.~The Galactus Kid.

That's the best place to start. Otherwise, listen to Sentinel~lather

Listen to the Sentinel...he speaks truth.~ Shadyslug

Sentinel you have the biggest sig I've ever seen~Natasha
Marrowlight
Knight
Comment: Listen very carefully, human...the fact that I even allow you to speak directly to me is a gift I bestow upon you. You do not order me. You beg for my appreciation and then wait to see if I choose to bestow it upon you.

Unread post by Marrowlight »

http://www.edwardtbabinski.us/skepticism/616666.html

I wasn't talking about Earth 616 - I was being serious mate.
Soon I Shall Bring Forth A New Beginning, And All Shall Be Made Mighty At The Touch Of My Hand

Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations.
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

How about a simple inquiry into the possible implications of your new nephew getting a SSN that starts 666?

(I heard about this one a few months ago... a CA couple asked for a new SSN for their daughter, because as Christians, they felt they had to reject the number of the Beast... and 666 as the SSN was a little much.)
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

Yeah, but remember this is Ron Caliburn we are talkign about, the guy who shoots first, then fires a few more shots into the corpse later.

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Juankis
Wanderer

Unread post by Juankis »

Here are some more interesting tidbits of news with the 666/616 number.

There was some news a few years back, where a women in South America was seuing her Government, because either her driver's license or voter's registration card also had the 666 number.

Also, back in 2002/2003, the Mexican Government changed all o the country's long distance area codes, and rather conveniently, the city of Tijuana got assigned area cdoe 666. At the end I don't know if it was due to public outcry or regular government back-peddaling (the Tijuan governor is rumored to have more than his share of people in his pocket), but the code got changed to 664 a few weeks before the country wide implementation of the new area codes.

As for the 616. When a spokesman for the Church of Satan was asked on how is church feels on the whole 616/666 thing going on, he just responded. "well, we'll just use any number that the christians happen to be affraid of" or something to that general effect.
"If you want something done, ask. If you want something done quickly, ask, and then begin counting down from ten with no explanation."
- Mahatma Gandhi
"Unit be the side of darkeness"
Jefffar
Supreme Being

Unread post by Jefffar »

Incidently, my 666th is up. I linked to a story about alien rains in India.

Return to “Beyond the Supernatural™”