are you guys excited about minion wars?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

dmart11
Dungeon Crawler

are you guys excited about minion wars?

Unread post by dmart11 »

from what I read it's going to be something on a SoT level cross megaverse thing.if so i'm not too sure about an idea like that.I hate to throw out a palladium idea from a game but, from what I read it seems like I might have to cosmic-ignore this series.unless anybody has any information and links I can go to.
dmart11
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by dmart11 »

oh yeah,I'm sure it'll be cool.
but the tolkeen war was a big chunk to work with and that was just on earth!
minion wars is talking about a multi demensional conflict!
In our game there's still a little thing called ATLANTIS,a vampire kingdom and POSSIBLY a mechanoid invasion fleet.adding an entire invading demension will be taxing.and as a GM that likes to take a palladium idea straight up,unwatered down and full with no chaser,I CAN PICTURE US PLAYING THIS MINION WARS THING for 2 years+.
can anybody correct me or clue me in?
RoadWarriorFWaNK
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: on a death march

Unread post by RoadWarriorFWaNK »

the minion wars will be so sweet. hundreds of thousands of demons, smacking each other around in a knock-down drag-out battle royale???! Awesome. Battles so big they tear apart the universe and spill over into other dimensions?? Double Awesome.
If the demons of Wormwood and the Yama Kings got involved, that would be Triple Awesome.
Shadow Wyrm
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Shadow Wyrm »

I like the idea, but untill I see it on the shelf, I just don't care.

I'm sick of the palladium habbit of promoting titles, and then failing to deliver.

If it does come out I'll buy it.
sHaka
Hero
Comment: Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt

Unread post by sHaka »

Shadow Wyrm wrote:
I'm sick of the palladium habbit

Is that a bit like a Tolkien hobbit?
Northern Gun Weapons Technician, R&D Department
Reading: Savage Worlds / Savage Rifts
Playing: Nothing U_U
Advocating: A free, super-slick .pdf of Palladium's core system with sample characters and scenario
My Dead Reign Character Sheet
Palladium Books RPG Google+ Community
Josh Sinsapaugh
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Unread post by Josh Sinsapaugh »

Shadow Wyrm wrote:I like the idea, but untill I see it on the shelf, I just don't care.

I'm sick of the palladium habbit of promoting titles, and then failing to deliver.

If it does come out I'll buy it.

Palladium has been hitting its projected release schedule for 2006.

And yes I am excited.

And as far as I know, it is not going to be another SoT (though, it is 100% possible that I may be wrong).

~ Josh
Preacher
Hero
Comment: My Thermonuclear level defense of Palladium is neither condoned nor endorsed by Palladium Books.

Unread post by Preacher »

I am looking forward to it. I like Mr. Gleba's work. He is a heck of a nice guy in person too.
ImageImage Yeah I like guns. Image
I pledge allegiance to this flag, if that bothers you well that's too bad!!!
dmart11
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by dmart11 »

Zylo wrote:As long as it is a Megaverse spanning conflict where the players actually mean something in the scheme of things, I would be interested. If it is a novel in RPG format, I could care less.

if it's a series of books,the latter might apply.
grandmaster z0b
Champion

Unread post by grandmaster z0b »

I just hope that I can still play it even though I don't have HU. Any clues, Mr Gleba are you there?
The word "THAN" is important. Something is "better than" something else, not "better then", it's "rather than" not "rather then".
Blight
Champion

Unread post by Blight »

Ok were is this minion wars stuff! I've been spending most of my off time (what little there is lol) working on my after the war CS clean up. So i have no idea what anybodies talking about.
Josh Sinsapaugh
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Blight wrote:Ok were is this minion wars stuff! I've been spending most of my off time (what little there is lol) working on my after the war CS clean up. So i have no idea what anybodies talking about.

Mentioned or at least hinted at in every Rifter and Press Release since April 2005.

~ Josh
Blight
Champion

Unread post by Blight »

Thanks I got to start buying rifters. Never found the need back when nothing in then was cannon.
Josh Sinsapaugh

Blight wrote:Thanks I got to start buying rifters. Never found the need back when nothing in then was cannon.

If you are going to buy them just for the news, then I'd save my money and just look at the Press Releases.

The Minion War is a series of books by Carl Gleba.

~ Josh
Carl Gleba
Comment: Lord of Chaos!

Unread post by Carl Gleba »

grandmaster z0b wrote:I just hope that I can still play it even though I don't have HU. Any clues, Mr Gleba are you there?

No each book is meant to be independent. So its up to you which books you get. You won't miss anything by not getting the HU book. After Hades and Dyval the other books will show how the war is impacting other dimensions, like HU. Whether you choose to get them or not is really how much interest you have in it I guess.

Hope that helps.

Carl
ImageImage
grandmaster z0b
Champion

Unread post by grandmaster z0b »

Carl Gleba wrote:
grandmaster z0b wrote:I just hope that I can still play it even though I don't have HU. Any clues, Mr Gleba are you there?

No each book is meant to be independent. So its up to you which books you get. You won't miss anything by not getting the HU book. After Hades and Dyval the other books will show how the war is impacting other dimensions, like HU. Whether you choose to get them or not is really how much interest you have in it I guess.

Hope that helps.

Carl

That's good, it makes it much more accessible to the average gamer and it means I don't have to buy every book like SoT.

Thanks for the quick response :ok:
The word "THAN" is important. Something is "better than" something else, not "better then", it's "rather than" not "rather then".
The Galactus Kid
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Aside from my personal projects, the minion war series is one of my most anticipated releases this year. There are a couple other projects by freelancers which are also high on my list, but Minion wars personally takes the cake. Its just a hugely ambitious project, and I can't wait to see the results.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
dark brandon
Knight
Comment: I want you more when you're afraid of me.

Re: are you guys excited about minion wars?

Unread post by dark brandon »

dmart11 wrote:from what I read it's going to be something on a SoT level cross megaverse thing.if so i'm not too sure about an idea like that.I hate to throw out a palladium idea from a game but, from what I read it seems like I might have to cosmic-ignore this series.unless anybody has any information and links I can go to.

NO!

*coughhackchokecoughgag* help *coughchokegurggle* Choking on my own lies...*wezzgaspded*
"We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine And the machine is bleeding to death The sun has fallen down And the billboards are all leering And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles ...I open up my wallet And it's full of blood "~~Godspeed you black emperor.
Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

Sounds interesting. Just hope it is not a big disapointment. Though I have not run into any Palladium books that do that yet. Cannot wait to see it.

Unread post by Guest »

To be honest, not really. Don't get me wrong, new books usually have something useful in them. However, I'd really rather see books devoted to new stuff rather than just filling in existing material that isn't really needed (and in this case, there's enough existing information out there that none of the books are really needed, down to maps for both Hades and Dyval (though I wish Hades' realm in Hades would have been included on the Hades map)). I'd rather see dimension books for other dimensions personally.
Carl Gleba
Comment: Lord of Chaos!

Unread post by Carl Gleba »

Mephisto wrote:
Carl Gleba wrote:

Hope that helps.

Carl

I really hope you make Dyval cool (I have a vested interest after all in that place) and that you do NOT use the map in Library of Bletherad)

Well I suppose its how each of us defines cool. I had some ideas that when I express to Kevin he loved it and told me to run with it. Now since the map in LOB is pretty much considered cannon I didn't have much choice. But, lets just say that Dyval is not really how it appears and that there are a few dimensional quirks that make it...um unique.

I also had a lot of fun writing and describing each of the Deevil Lords citadels and Mephisto's was one of my favorites.

Of course in the end its you guys that will determine whether its cool or not.

Carl
ImageImage
Marrowlight
Knight
Comment: Listen very carefully, human...the fact that I even allow you to speak directly to me is a gift I bestow upon you. You do not order me. You beg for my appreciation and then wait to see if I choose to bestow it upon you.

Unread post by Marrowlight »

Carl Gleba wrote:Of course in the end its you guys that will determine whether its cool or not.

Carl

In that case, it'll be decided about 3 weeks before it even comes out, knowing these guys. :D
Soon I Shall Bring Forth A New Beginning, And All Shall Be Made Mighty At The Touch Of My Hand

Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations.

Return to “Rifts®”