Moons

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Marrowlight
Knight
Comment: Listen very carefully, human...the fact that I even allow you to speak directly to me is a gift I bestow upon you. You do not order me. You beg for my appreciation and then wait to see if I choose to bestow it upon you.

Moons

Unread post by Marrowlight »

Thread in the Dimension Forum got me thinking, and I realized I couldn't remember for the life of me how many, if any, Moons there are for the Palladium world.

So, anyone else recall?
Soon I Shall Bring Forth A New Beginning, And All Shall Be Made Mighty At The Touch Of My Hand

Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations.
Narsis
Explorer

Unread post by Narsis »

I can't recall ever reading in the books the exact number. I normally use two some times three. All depends on how much i want to throw the group off. One would be a normal grayish white, one would be blue maybe red and another would be yellowish orange.

The yellowish orange one i use when the game is based on a lot of magic. Use it kinda as a guide for the ley lines to be at their max PPE storage. Also depending on the darker the orange it is the higher a chance of a ley line storm happening.

Blue moons i increase the effectiveness of water and wind based spells and the red moon raises the fire and earth based spells.

Once every 10 years i have all three in the sky at the same time for four days. Bad things happen then.
Grimtooth is in charge of Dungeon construction in my games. Proceed with caution!

Link to The Rider RCC I created
viewtopic.php?t=83158
acreRake
Hero
Comment: Greatest Rune Gardenweasel

Unread post by acreRake »

I don't remember where i read it (probably in the old FAQ), but the Palladium world has one sun and one moon IIRC.

Unread post by Guest »

Palladium has one moon.
Marrowlight
Knight
Comment: Listen very carefully, human...the fact that I even allow you to speak directly to me is a gift I bestow upon you. You do not order me. You beg for my appreciation and then wait to see if I choose to bestow it upon you.

Kuseru Satsujin wrote:Palladium has one moon.

Thanks Kuseru - I figured either you or MrNexx would come to my rescue. :)

Got a book/page out of curiosity?
Soon I Shall Bring Forth A New Beginning, And All Shall Be Made Mighty At The Touch Of My Hand

Unread post by Guest »

Marrowlight wrote:
Kuseru Satsujin wrote:Palladium has one moon.

Thanks Kuseru - I figured either you or MrNexx would come to my rescue. :)

Got a book/page out of curiosity?

PFRPG, page 76: "Druid Astronomy Skill: This is the science of the sun, moon, planets, and stars.'

PFRPG, page 182: "A Lunar Eclipse happens when the Palladium World is in a straight line between the sun and the moon"

PFRPG, page 182: "A Partial Solar Eclipse occurs when the moon passes in front of the sun and the Palladium World, but is close enough to the planet that the sun is briefly blocked form sight." (No, "from" is not misspelled by myself, that's a direct quote from the book."

D&G, page 97: "Aco is not the moon..."

D&G, pages 135-136: "The Almanac...charts the positions of the stars and the planets, and the rising an setting times of the sun and the moon..."

D&G page 168: "Epim is the All Mother, symbol of truth, devotion, nature, the earth and the moon."
Marrowlight
Knight

You are a scary, scary individual.

Cinos
Hero

Unread post by Cinos »

Kuseru Satsujin loves overkill it seems...
I've always seen Palladia with one moon (my favored image for it is the gigantic moon such as found in FF8)

Cinos
Getting a mage to tell you where the hydra is...10,000 gold
Hiring a summoner... 40,000 gold
Hiring one hundred 10th level mercenaries... 98,567 gold
Giving a hydra skull to your necromancer... priceless

Board? Read bad fan fiction!
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=120575&p=2349744#p2349744
jade von delioch
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by jade von delioch »

i don't think that they ever really stated in any of the books but i think most people go with one.
member of-Our Lady of the Boundless Ammo
D20 is the pollution of the game industry.. do not buy into the pollutant, buy the cool rich taste of palladium.
The Immortal ME
Explorer

Unread post by The Immortal ME »

Palladium is a moon ... for a ringed gas giant! Yeah!
- The Immortal ME

Sic itur ad astra.
"There are some who call me ... TIM?
(All factual statements based on personal recollection only unless otherwise attributed. May not actually be factual.)
AzathothXy
Adventurer

Unread post by AzathothXy »

There 7 or 8 other celestial bodies(moons,planets,etc.) in orbit of or near to the Palladium world.
The Nuclear Chaos
That thing is not dead which has the capacity to continue to exist eternally,
And if the abnormal ones come,then death may cease to be

Unread post by Guest »

Cinos wrote:Kuseru Satsujin loves overkill it seems...
I've always seen Palladia with one moon (my favored image for it is the gigantic moon such as found in FF8)

Cinos

*Sigh* It's Palladium, NOT "Palladia".
Cinos
Hero

Unread post by Cinos »

I do realize that to be the offical name, but I find it too hard to belive that is what the people living on it would call it. I seem to recall something that was cannon at some point, but was later droped that called it Palladia, but I could have just imagined it.

Cinos

Marrowlight
Knight

Hrm...thought Palladia was the name of the continent.

Qev
Hero

Unread post by Qev »

The Immortal ME wrote:Palladium is a moon ... for a ringed gas giant! Yeah!

I've always loved that idea, an Earth-like planet as a gas-giant moon. It'd make for one heck of a sky. The Quiet Earth probably did that to me. :lol:

For some reason I always thought Palladium had two moons, but I dare not challenge the might and wisdom of Kuseru-sensei. :)
"Then you can simply spead the ground dried corpse bits amongst the plants as needed." - Sir Ysbadden

"There weren't many nukes launched in the apocalypse, so the nuclear winter wasn't that bad." - Killer Cyborg
Cinos
Hero

Unread post by Cinos »

And lunar rituals, solar eclipes, or lunar eclipes all used for powerful rituals, and stated in the core book.

Cinos

Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Cinos wrote:

I do realize that to be the offical name, but I find it too hard to belive that is what the people living on it would call it.

why not?
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Cinos
Hero

Unread post by Cinos »

why not?

Do we walk around saying we live on Planet Earth?

Cinos

Unread post by Guest »

Cinos wrote:
why not?

Do we walk around saying we live on Planet Earth?

Cinos

Yes, we do.
Cinos
Hero

Unread post by Cinos »

Not very commenly. I cannot recall the last time I had to make the distiction between Earth and Planet Earth, or Planet Mars, or Planet Pluto. It's just one of those assumed facts. Sure, mabye on a discovery channel learning program they might say Planet Earth, but that's just about it.

Cinos

Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

Well, the planet is just called Palladium. It sounds somewhat weird to us, I think, because we're used to calling the company that, but it isn't horrid as planet names go.

Now, my problem is with the country names... the Northern Wilderness. The Western Empire. The Eastern Territories. The Land of the South Winds. Urgh.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Marrowlight
Knight

MrNexx wrote:Well, the planet is just called Palladium. It sounds somewhat weird to us, I think, because we're used to calling the company that, but it isn't horrid as planet names go.

Now, my problem is with the country names... the Northern Wilderness. The Western Empire. The Eastern Territories. The Land of the South Winds. Urgh.

Of those, I actually rather like the "land of the south winds". The rest, yeah, ugh. :D

Library Ogre

Marrowlight wrote:
MrNexx wrote:Well, the planet is just called Palladium. It sounds somewhat weird to us, I think, because we're used to calling the company that, but it isn't horrid as planet names go.

Of those, I actually rather like the "land of the south winds". The rest, yeah, ugh. :D

I said "Urgh", dammit.

And if it was ONE of them, I could see it. If one of them was there, and the others were something else, it wouldn't be a problem. Heck, I could even see there being a Land of the South Winds and an Eastern Territories and maybe even a Great Northern Wilderness... but I think its the Western Empire not having a real name which annoys me the most. Land of the South Winds is at least semi-poetic. Eastern Territories and Great Northern Wilderness are both unorganized. But "Western Empire"? It feels like a doodle on a map that became permanent because someone was in a hurry.

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
All Palladium Articles
Marrowlight
Knight

Let's be fair - they keep the Western and just add a 'Grand Super Extreme' in front of it. They are the Western Empire after all - it's like the Texas of Palladium. :D

Library Ogre

Marrowlight wrote:Let's be fair - they keep the Western and just add a 'Grand Super Extreme' in front of it. They are the Western Empire after all - it's like the Texas of Palladium. :D

You see, I could even get behind "The Grand Empire". The name just falls flat with me, though.

Maybe Kevin is secretly an Australian, though.

All Palladium Articles
Cinos
Hero

Unread post by Cinos »

Though I do agree the 'Western Empire' name sort of falls flat, most people probbly reffer to it in parts (i.e each kingdom within it), such as West Kighfalton or the Scarlet Mountains, without commenly reffering to it as the 'Western Empire' as a whole as often as we might think (or they use the much cooler sounding Empire of Sin).

Cinos

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”