Quick Purebreed Question.

Ninja mutant creatures unite. Here's the place to do it.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Marrowlight
Knight
Comment: Listen very carefully, human...the fact that I even allow you to speak directly to me is a gift I bestow upon you. You do not order me. You beg for my appreciation and then wait to see if I choose to bestow it upon you.

Quick Purebreed Question.

Unread post by Marrowlight »

OK, so the notion of Purebreeds locks in hands, speech, looks, etc. That's cool - I'm all about that.

Does it also lock in Size category? Or can you have two Purebreeds that are of radically different sizes?

I assume the answer is the Size is as locked as everything else is, but as I can't find my book atm I turn to you gentle souls. :)
Soon I Shall Bring Forth A New Beginning, And All Shall Be Made Mighty At The Touch Of My Hand

Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations.
Juankis
Wanderer

Unread post by Juankis »

Most Purebreeds also tend to have an specific minimum and maximum size ranges, I would asume that if this inforamtion is missing, then the size is pre-set
"If you want something done, ask. If you want something done quickly, ask, and then begin counting down from ten with no explanation."
- Mahatma Gandhi
"Unit be the side of darkeness"
Marrowlight
Knight
Comment: Listen very carefully, human...the fact that I even allow you to speak directly to me is a gift I bestow upon you. You do not order me. You beg for my appreciation and then wait to see if I choose to bestow it upon you.

Lynx8882 wrote::( my book is at the gaming house at the moment but I will go out on a limb here and say yes the size would be locked......

how does a size 20 claim hes just like everyone else just 3 times as big to a group of size level 5's or 3's ? ..............its like getting a jack russel terrier the size of a saint bernard and claiming its a purebreed

Lynx

Mm, my thoughts exactly. I hope it's that way as well - will make some Purebreed homebrews interesting then.
Soon I Shall Bring Forth A New Beginning, And All Shall Be Made Mighty At The Touch Of My Hand

Marrowlight
Knight

Something like that. Being able to be a humanoid animal is fun, but having free reign to go nuts with the size categories and then tack on a Purebreed addition to make it a near RCC is even more fun.

Marrowlight
Knight

Lynx8882 wrote:I will place a call to the gaming house tomarrow to confirm if no one comes up with it by then

Lynx

Cool, appreciate it. I hope to have found my bloody book by then. All this cleaning for the inc family and dogs has got my organization trashed.

Rali
Hero

Re: Quick Purebreed Question.

Unread post by Rali »

Marrowlight wrote:OK, so the notion of Purebreeds locks in hands, speech, looks, etc. That's cool - I'm all about that.

Does it also lock in Size category? Or can you have two Purebreeds that are of radically different sizes?

I assume the answer is the Size is as locked as everything else is, but as I can't find my book atm I turn to you gentle souls. :)

Next to the BIO-E for some purebreeds, but not all, it will state what limitations you have on mutant changes you can make. Example: "...for Psionics and Size Level Only!". Others may have nothing next to the BIO-E.

So I guess the answer to your question is no, size is not limited unless the purebreed template states that it is.

[EDIT]
I found that the Pleasure Bunnies states that BIO-E "may be used for psionics and limited animal abilities". Also, Pig People and Flying Pigs states, mainly for psionics (judge for yourself if that limits size level...)
AtB Warehouse Blog (New Animals, Adventures, Bestiary, and More)

That's REAL LIFE. I'm talking PALLADIUM. Confuse the two at your own peril :)
~Nekira Sudacne
Marrowlight
Knight

Re: Quick Purebreed Question.

Rali wrote:
Marrowlight wrote:OK, so the notion of Purebreeds locks in hands, speech, looks, etc. That's cool - I'm all about that.

Next to the BIO-E for some purebreeds, but not all, it will state what limitations you have on mutant changes you can make. Example: "...for Psionics and Size Level Only!". Others may have nothing next to the BIO-E.

So I guess the answer to your question is no, size is not limited unless the purebreed template states that it is.

[EDIT]
I found that the Pleasure Bunnies states that BIO-E "may be used for psionics and limited animal abilities". Also, Pig People and Flying Pigs states, mainly for psionics (judge for yourself if that limits size level...)

Thanks Rali - that's the second best news I've heard all day. (Robotech stuff from Kev being #1)

Return to “After the Bomb® RPG & TMNT®”