huh??? is a FLOOPER?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Dorlar
Explorer

huh??? is a FLOOPER?

Unread post by Dorlar »

i see it all over the boards and i have no clue what this means...
Dustin Fireblade
Knight

Unread post by Dustin Fireblade »

Got Rifts World Book 1? It's in there.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Flooper is a small, silly D-Bee in World Book One: Vampire Kingdoms.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
SkyeFyre
Hero

Unread post by SkyeFyre »

SWEET! I just got VK the other day. I'll finally be able to read about the famous flooper.

EDIT AFTER READING: To tell you the truth, I'm somewhat disappointed. :-(
"If your party is doing anything but running like hell trying not to get vaporized, the GM is not running the Mechanoids correctly." -Geronimo 2.0
"Coming Summer 1994... Mechanoid Space!"
75 GM Geek Points
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

SkyeFyre wrote:SWEET! I just got VK the other day. I'll finally be able to read about the famous flooper.

why do you think we joked about them so much?

it was the only way to make them cool :D
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
SkyeFyre
Hero

Yeah, I kinda figured... but still... I don't know if I should shake my head, or laugh.

I think I'll laugh :lol: .
"If your party is doing anything but running like hell trying not to get vaporized, the GM is not running the Mechanoids correctly." -Geronimo 2.0
75 GM Geek Points
Prince Artemis
Voice of the Gateway
Comment: I love how people are quick to make demands, make spurious claims and then play the victim when you call them on it.
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, CANADA. NOT Austrailia, CANADA.

Unread post by Prince Artemis »

wishpoosh is still the best d-bee to make fun of
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

A flooper assassin would be awesome. I've actually thought about writing one up.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Library Ogre
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

I think someone should write an article for the Rifter about the High Floopers, an offshoot race of super-advanced floopers.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Thinyser
Knight
Comment: "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

Unread post by Thinyser »

MrNexx wrote:I think someone should write an article for the Rifter about the High Floopers, an offshoot race of super-advanced floopers.
NO! Please NO!
"We live in a world where people use severed plant genitals to express affection.
Rifts is really not much weirder than that." ~~Killer Cyborg

"If we let technical problems scare us away from doing anything, humanity would still be in the trees flinging poo at each other."~~Killer Cyborg

"Everything that breeds is a threat."~~Killer Cyborg
Marrowlight
Knight
Comment: Listen very carefully, human...the fact that I even allow you to speak directly to me is a gift I bestow upon you. You do not order me. You beg for my appreciation and then wait to see if I choose to bestow it upon you.

Unread post by Marrowlight »

Pfft, if the floopers have broken your heart turn to the one true love of the Megaverse. Shapers!
Soon I Shall Bring Forth A New Beginning, And All Shall Be Made Mighty At The Touch Of My Hand

Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations.
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:
SkyeFyre wrote:SWEET! I just got VK the other day. I'll finally be able to read about the famous flooper.

why do you think we joked about them so much?

it was the only way to make them cool :D

They were naturally ambidexterous, could teleport, and could have more MDC than heavy body armor (and could probably get additional armor made if they felt like it).
Yet I'm the only one in my group to ever play one. :)

The Galactus Kid wrote:A flooper assassin would be awesome. I've actually thought about writing one up.

Already done it.

Name: Rumtummy
Race: Flooper
Alignment: Diabolic. Has an insane hatred for anybody who thinks he's "cute", although he will temporarily hide his loathing if the job requires it.

Weapons of choice:
- NG-P7 Particle Beam Rifle for high-powered sniping
- Paired NG-57 Ion Pistols*
- Grenades and Fusion Blocks. Drop one, floop out for several seconds, then reappear and see who's left standing.
- Seltzer bottle full of acid.

Most Notable Appearance:
As an NPC, he was hired by vampires to smuggle one of them onboard the party's APC. Rumtummy found out where the PCs would be traveling, and sat by the side of the road with an inflatable woman doll. He hitched a ride from the PCs, amused them with his antics and jokes, then "forgot" his inflatable pal onboard the APC when they dropped him off.
(Guess where the mist-form vampire was hiding?)

*Back when I made him, we played that anybody who was ambidextrous could use paired weapons for anything he had WP with. By todays official rule, he'd still be pretty good. He has no off-hand, so he'd be -2 to strike with each gun. Not too shabby!
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Thinyser
Knight
Comment: "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

Just please tell me that none of the PCs "found" the vampire by having relations with the blowup doll! :eek: :lol:
"We live in a world where people use severed plant genitals to express affection.

"If we let technical problems scare us away from doing anything, humanity would still be in the trees flinging poo at each other."~~Killer Cyborg

RoadWarriorFWaNK
Comment: on a death march

Unread post by RoadWarriorFWaNK »

We could use more "silly" D-Bees and things like Floopers and Shapers. Not only do they make good inside jokes, but they help lighten the mood a little.
Josh Sinsapaugh
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Unread post by Josh Sinsapaugh »

RoadWarriorFWaNK wrote:We could use more "silly" D-Bees and things like Floopers and Shapers. Not only do they make good inside jokes, but they help lighten the mood a little.

Agreed, it helps round things out too.

There should probably be some obscene and perverse monsters too, seeing as how diverse the Megaverse is...but I can easily see and support why Palladium has choosen not to included such things.

Floopers kick ass, BTW. I had a trio of Flooper Bounty Hunter NPCs. They were very memorable for the PCs...especially via the way I had them use their Flooping ability strategically in battle.

Best moment, which I added some extra comedy to, was when a PC, a Juicer, closed in on one of the Floopers and was about to slash him crazy with his Vibro-Sword.

Cornered Flooper: "Oh...floop."

P.C. Juicer: "Stop saying that."

*One of the other Floopers "flooped" back in, just above the Juicer's shoulder (where he flooped out...quickly forgotten in the heat of battle)*

New Flooper: "Floop-Floop Mother(EXPLETIVE)!!" *proceeds to roundhouse kick the Juicer in the head, knocking him out of the way*.

:lol:

~ Josh
Marrowlight
Knight
Comment: Listen very carefully, human...the fact that I even allow you to speak directly to me is a gift I bestow upon you. You do not order me. You beg for my appreciation and then wait to see if I choose to bestow it upon you.

Josh Sinsapaugh wrote:
RoadWarriorFWaNK wrote:We could use more "silly" D-Bees and things like Floopers and Shapers. Not only do they make good inside jokes, but they help lighten the mood a little.

There should probably be some obscene and perverse monsters too, seeing as how diverse the Megaverse is...but I can easily see and support why Palladium has choosen not to included such things.

30 minutes of legend of the overfiend should supply all the fodder you'll ever need for those two. :)
Soon I Shall Bring Forth A New Beginning, And All Shall Be Made Mighty At The Touch Of My Hand

Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Thinyser wrote:Just please tell me that none of the PCs "found" the vampire by having relations with the blowup doll! :eek: :lol:

:lol:
Nah, they forgot all about it. Rumtummy stored it in one of the lockers. An hour or so after they dropped him off, they heard a banging noise from the locker, then the vampire busted its way out.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Traska
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Traska »

Yeah, I kinda figured... but still... I don't know if I should shake my head, or laugh.

I think I'll laugh Laugh Out Loud .

"I'd laugh if it wasn't so pathetic."
"..."
"Oh what the heck, I'll laugh anyway!"
Marrowlight
Knight

Hardware wrote:
Marrowlight wrote:
Josh Sinsapaugh wrote:

30 minutes of legend of the overfiend should supply all the fodder you'll ever need for those two. :)

Marrowlight you are one sick puppy. Your right, of course, about the overfiend, but sick nonetheless for knowing about it.

Hah, my GM gave it to me when I was 14 and told me to go home and watch it. Keep in mind this is back in 1993 so Anime wasn't quite what it is today though it was rather popular in some circles.

I think the Legend of the Overfiend might've been the first oav I saw in its entirety. What a way to break into the genre eh?

cyber-yukongil v2.5
Sosyourfacist
Comment: This space for rent. Inquire within!

Unread post by cyber-yukongil v2.5 »

how about the Techno-Faires from Canada? I laugh ever time I think about one of those little bastards floating around making the same noise the Jetsons car made.

Once I was going to play one, Fitchit the Foul Mouthed Fairy. Needless to say the little guy had a penchant for swearing.
"A society that gets rid of all its troublemakers goes downhill." ~ Heinlein

Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations. ~some unnamed joker
The Galactus Kid
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Bubble makers are great. I saw them mentioned earlier. This thread has made me start to think about a mercenary group made out of all the races and classes no one wants to play. it would be awesome.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Thinyser
Knight
~George Carlin

The Galactus Kid wrote:Bubble makers are great. I saw them mentioned earlier. This thread has made me start to think about a mercenary group made out of all the races and classes no one wants to play. it would be awesome.

Not just yeah... but... HELLS YEAH!

Call them the "Misfits Merc Co."

SkyeFyre
Hero

:lol: I love that idea. Actually... that gives me an idea for my next game :D .
75 GM Geek Points
Slag

Unread post by Slag »

The Galactus Kid wrote:Bubble makers are great. I saw them mentioned earlier. This thread has made me start to think about a mercenary group made out of all the races and classes no one wants to play. it would be awesome.

I just want to know what they were on when they made the Yhabadabadu Bubblemakers...and where I can get some. :D

Is it the same stuff Kent Burles takes before drawing?
Fickt nicht mit der Raketemensch!

"I respect you. And unlike love, respect can't be bought" - Homer Simpson.
Library Ogre

Slag wrote:I just want to know what they were on when they made the Yhabadabadu Bubblemakers...and where I can get some. :D

I loathe Kent Burles artwork with an unholy passion. I have a frequently spoken fear that Mysteries of Magic will be filled with his artwork, since they seem to like him (and his goddamn headdresses) for Palladium Fantasy.

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
All Palladium Articles
Slag

Unread post by Slag »

MrNexx wrote:
Slag wrote:I just want to know what they were on when they made the Yhabadabadu Bubblemakers...and where I can get some. :D

I loathe Kent Burles artwork with an unholy passion. I have a frequently spoken fear that Mysteries of Magic will be filled with his artwork, since they seem to like him (and his goddamn headdresses) for Palladium Fantasy.

Oddly enough Josh and I think he'll be great for Delta Blues. His funky, creepy, spooky, flowing, amorphous style will fit well with the ghost-filled swampy setting. I liked his stuff for Dino Swamp for that reason.

Of course he's getting better about not overdoing the detail the way he used to. His stuff for Western Empire & Nimro...*shudder*. "Mom, where's Sunder?" "Somewhere in that mass of armor plates, dear." "And what is that dwarf doing in a homoerotic bondage fantasy?" :shock:

Library Ogre

Slag wrote:Oddly enough Josh and I think he'll be great for Delta Blues. His funky, creepy, spooky, flowing, amorphous style will fit well with the ghost-filled swampy setting. I liked his stuff for Dino Swamp for that reason.

He could be good for Delta Blues. Quite frankly, I think his work could've been fantastic in Land of the Damned Two, if they'd used him on the Undead. That's where you use his creepy flowy funkiness. Where did they use him? The elves.

Really, I think Kent Burles is a screwdriver that Palladium keeps trying to use as a hammer... he's a tool with a specific purpose, that they keep trying to use for the wrong one.

Of course he's getting better about not overdoing the detail the way he used to. His stuff for Western Empire & Nimro...*shudder*. "Mom, where's Sunder?" "Somewhere in that mass of armor plates, dear." "And what is that dwarf doing in a homoerotic bondage fantasy?" :shock:

It was actually an elf, whose spine was compressed under the smurfing headress that Burles made him wear.

All Palladium Articles
Slag

Unread post by Slag »

MrNexx wrote:
Slag wrote:Oddly enough Josh and I think he'll be great for Delta Blues. His funky, creepy, spooky, flowing, amorphous style will fit well with the ghost-filled swampy setting. I liked his stuff for Dino Swamp for that reason.

He could be good for Delta Blues. Quite frankly, I think his work could've been fantastic in Land of the Damned Two, if they'd used him on the Undead. That's where you use his creepy flowy funkiness. Where did they use him? The elves.

Really, I think Kent Burles is a screwdriver that Palladium keeps trying to use as a hammer... he's a tool with a specific purpose, that they keep trying to use for the wrong one.

It was actually an elf, whose spine was compressed under the smurfing headress that Burles made him wear.

His Undead Indians art in ADS was AWESOME. Creeeeeeepy! :frazz:

Return to “Rifts®”