Rings of Elder

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Amberjack
Explorer

Rings of Elder

Unread post by Amberjack »

:?

Question.
What are rings of Elder ?
What book are they from?

Have seen them mentioned a number of times, but have no idea what they are, where the come from. Curious
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Re: Rings of Elder

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Amberjack wrote::?

Question.
What book are they from?

Have seen them mentioned a number of times, but have no idea what they are, where the come from. Curious

Rifts actually: Coaltions Wars Chapter One: Seige on Tolkeen
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Ice Dragon
Hero

Re: Rings of Elder

Unread post by Ice Dragon »

Amberjack wrote::?

Question.
What book are they from?

As Nekira pointed out, it's in Rifts SOT:1.

They are very powerful magical artifacts which improves a mages spell casting abilities like range, lower P.P.E. cost, duration, etc.
It is always a bad thing when political matters are allowed to affect the planning of operations (Field Marshal Erwin Rommel, 1943)

Nelly ~ He's one romantic smooth operator and a true old school gentleman. Heck he's an Austrian officer, it's in his blood.

Co-Holder with Jefffar of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

10 + 100 Geek Points (Danger + Shawn Merrow)
Amberjack
Explorer

Unread post by Amberjack »

Thanks, don't normally pick up the Rifts books, explains why never heard of them.
Zenvis
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator

Unread post by Zenvis »

It certainly would be a good adventure to find them all if they were in the Palladium world.
Everything you can imagine is real. - Pablo Picasso
Imagination is more important than knowledge." but knowledge does help. - Albert Einstein
The gift of fantasy has meant more to me than my talent for absorbing positive knowledge. - Albert Einstein
My Blog and My Other Blog
Zenvis

Unread post by Zenvis »

jigahus wrote:They are similar to xanthium, essentially is Xanthium, in the Hinterlands book.

I love that stuff.
Imagination is more important than knowledge." but knowledge does help. - Albert Einstein
The gift of fantasy has meant more to me than my talent for absorbing positive knowledge. - Albert Einstein
Zenvis

Unread post by Zenvis »

Mallak wrote:
jigahus wrote:They are similar to xanthium, essentially is Xanthium, in the Hinterlands book.

Actualy it's Xanthine, and that is the gem stone that the Nine Rings of the Elder has set into them. The Rings themselves are made of Gantrium, a substance also found in paladium Northern Hiterlands. So it is quit feasable that the Nine Rings of Elder may have bin created in the Palladium world.

Interesting thought.

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”