Elven Conjurer

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

UR Leader Hobbes
Adventurer

Elven Conjurer

Unread post by UR Leader Hobbes »

The Conjurer can't draw PPE from other people, but can draw off ley lines and nexus points. Also they usually are either Giants from Nimro or Elves from the Old Kingdom. Generally that's it so it limits the ammount of PPE they can start off with.

My character is an elf.

Conjurers also get some creation spells as well.. One of which is "Create Golem" now how the hell is a conjurer who only gets 2d6 PPE per level supposed to ever get 1000 PPE?

The guy will literally have to spend years, maybe even DECADES trying to get enough talismans in order to create the Golem.. Also considering how few ley lines there are and how infrequently the solistices occur that makes this quite a challange..

Any suggestions on how to go about getting some of the more expensive creation spells to go off?
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

Take a close look at the rules on ley lines, page 181, specifically point number 2. Being at/on a ley line allows you to draw 10 PPE once per round. A high-level ritual, like Create Golem, takes 1D6*10 minutes +15 minutes to complete. That's 1000-3000 PPE available during the course of the ritual from ANY ley line.

That'll give you a little bit more use of your spells, yes?
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Re: Elven Conjurer

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

UR Leader Hobbes wrote:The Conjurer can't draw PPE from other people, but can draw off ley lines and nexus points. Also they usually are either Giants from Nimro or Elves from the Old Kingdom. Generally that's it so it limits the ammount of PPE they can start off with.

My character is an elf.

Conjurers also get some creation spells as well.. One of which is "Create Golem" now how the hell is a conjurer who only gets 2d6 PPE per level supposed to ever get 1000 PPE?

The guy will literally have to spend years, maybe even DECADES trying to get enough talismans in order to create the Golem.. Also considering how few ley lines there are and how infrequently the solistices occur that makes this quite a challange..

Any suggestions on how to go about getting some of the more expensive creation spells to go off?

Blood sacrafise is good. I recommend rounding up a small town of hapless villagers. And their dogs.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Amberjack
Explorer

Unread post by Amberjack »

What about their cats, and cows.
:lol: :lol:
Amberjack
Explorer

Unread post by Amberjack »

But on a more serious note :)
Have never plyed a Conjurer, and now live in Ca, and Mt.Nimro book is in storage in Pa, so most likely will not be playing one soon, never really took a good look at them.:oops: So cannot help with problem, though willhave to consider buying second copy of book, and a couple other PB titles left in Pa
UR Leader Hobbes
Adventurer

MrNexx wrote:Take a close look at the rules on ley lines, page 181, specifically point number 2. Being at/on a ley line allows you to draw 10 PPE once per round. A high-level ritual, like Create Golem, takes 1D6*10 minutes +15 minutes to complete. That's 1000-3000 PPE available during the course of the ritual from ANY ley line.

That'll give you a little bit more use of your spells, yes?

Hmmm I will have to look into that.. But quick question.. Maybe it's in the FAQs.. How long and how much can one mage hold at a time?
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

on another note: don't forget the high times: a mage at summer/fall solstaces can draw 300 PPE per level at once, so a level 4 conjorer could get 1200 PPE!

Not to mention Solar Eclipses let them draw 1000 PPE per level!
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
UR Leader Hobbes
Adventurer

Nekira Sudacne wrote:
UR Leader Hobbes wrote:The Conjurer can't draw PPE from other people, but can draw off ley lines and nexus points. Also they usually are either Giants from Nimro or Elves from the Old Kingdom. Generally that's it so it limits the ammount of PPE they can start off with.

My character is an elf.

Blood sacrafise is good. I recommend rounding up a small town of hapless villagers. And their dogs.

Ok aside from the fact that my character is good the blood sacrifice won't work.. Well maybe animals but not humans.. What has me concerned is that the book seems to limit them in reguards to drawing PPE.

It states that they can't get PPE from other people. So I'm assuming that not only encompasses stealing it from others but that would mean they also can't draw on any additional PPE from a ritual. (Blood sacrifice could be construed as a ritual.)

When someone is killed the PPE is doubled. Would that also be considered drawing upon the PPE of another? OR is it just released and there is no sort of ownership at that point? Also how long does that released energy last?
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:Blood sacrafise is good. I recommend rounding up a small town of hapless villagers. And their dogs.

I would argue that blood sacrifice would count as being the PPE of others, myself... especially since its listed under that heading on page 181.

(And it's really disturbing to write this to the background of "Catch You, Catch Me" from Card Captor Sakura)
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”