Your survival loadouts!

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

first up:

Exploerer body armor.

Second Up:

an L-20 pulse laser rifle.

third up: Silver Plated Vibro Sword

fourth up: Plasma Rifle

fifth: Food

Sixth: Spare e-clips.

Seventh: SDC 9mm semiautomatic with silver bullets.

other stuff later.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin
Comment: Full of Love and C-4, give me a hug.

Unread post by Mech-Viper Prime »

hell i be looking for a shemarrians and let them "girls" deal with them
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

a samas a a satchel of handgrenades and i would have a blast :lol: :lol:
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
RoadWarriorFWaNK
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: on a death march

Unread post by RoadWarriorFWaNK »

a jet pack. goodbye suckers.
cyber-yukongil v2.5
Sosyourfacist
Comment: This space for rent. Inquire within!

Unread post by cyber-yukongil v2.5 »

RoadWarriorFWaNK wrote:a jet pack. goodbye suckers.

That's the best one so far. But as not to steal.

1) Record collection, hey it doesn't do much damage but it sure looks funny bouncing off their heads.

2) A cricket bat.

3) Me Mum

I take all this and run for the Winchester :D
"A society that gets rid of all its troublemakers goes downhill." ~ Heinlein

Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations. ~some unnamed joker
SkyeFyre
Hero

Unread post by SkyeFyre »

PlasticMan Armor (Always been a favorite of mine)
Wilk's 320 Laser Pistol and ammo
Wilk's 447 Laser Rifle and ammo
Food, clothes, sword or heavy instrument of blunt hitting.

Then grab whatever else I cross on my way out that I can get my hands on, with emphasis on firearms and bullets... especially ones with silver rounds. Maybe some rope, a knife or two, more food (Who knows how long I could be held up somewhere)

Chances are I won't be killing these things with the weapons and equipment I'm getting from the store, they just need to keep me alive until I can get to safety.

Or I could just get a big boss ATV and just plow through em. :D (Unless that's not allowed)
"If your party is doing anything but running like hell trying not to get vaporized, the GM is not running the Mechanoids correctly." -Geronimo 2.0
"Coming Summer 1994... Mechanoid Space!"
75 GM Geek Points
Josh Sinsapaugh
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Unread post by Josh Sinsapaugh »

Wait? They're S.D.C. zombies, right.

Pile all the weapons and ammo into a Behemoth Explorer...get inside, lock all the hatches and chill out until help arrives/until the Zombies eat each other.

Either that or just use the explorer to stomp them into oblivion.

~ Josh
cyber-yukongil v2.5
Sosyourfacist
Comment: This space for rent. Inquire within!

Unread post by cyber-yukongil v2.5 »

if they happen to be penguins or other aquariam critters. The only thing I need is a chainsaw. :D

5 Geek points for the reference
"A society that gets rid of all its troublemakers goes downhill." ~ Heinlein

Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations. ~some unnamed joker
Qev
Hero

Unread post by Qev »

Hmmm...

Probably some MD armor, Bushman or Gladiator if I can get into it in time. an NG-57 ion pistol, maybe an L-20 laser rifle, all the ammo I can carry. A vibroblade, a pack to carry stuff in, and all the rations and other survivables I can manage to lug away before it's zombie time.

Oh, nightvision goggles would be a must. Thermal imaging isn't that useful against the undead.

Do they make shoulder-mounted rear-view mirrors for MD armor? Zombies are always grabbing from behind. I hate that.

Maybe that offroad motorbike parked in the shed. Then I can carry more stuff, and run over zombies. Two for one bonus. :)
"Then you can simply spead the ground dried corpse bits amongst the plants as needed." - Sir Ysbadden

"There weren't many nukes launched in the apocalypse, so the nuclear winter wasn't that bad." - Killer Cyborg
Thinyser
Knight
Comment: "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

Re: Your survival loadouts!

Unread post by Thinyser »

Psi-hound wrote:You are a normal SDC, non-psychic, non-mage, human. Your hometown is being overrun by zombies.

You run across an abandoned surplus store while trying to escape - lets' just say you can load up with whatever Rifts gear you can HONESTLY carry (body armor, backpack, rifle and pistol, etc.).

You have five minutes before the zombies descend upon your hiding place in the armory; you must get out fast, or be eaten.

What would YOU grab?

Be specific.
My PC's are in a similar situation right now in game, and I'd like to see what everyone else thinks of grabbing.

1. MDC body armor (heaviest I can find)
2. Jetpack (with best range)
3. MD Energy Rifle and many many E-clips
4. MD Energy Pistol and many many E-clips
5. Vibro sword and knife (preferably silver plated)
6. Silver Knife if #5 wasnt silver plated
7. SDC pistol with Silver bullets
8. half dozen wooden stakes
9. Water and a container to carry it in
10. Grenades and fusion blocks
11. Food (MREs) and spices for food that I kill.
12. Good satchell to carry the explosives and other stuff in
13. cross & garlic
14. sleeping roll and extra clothes
15. MO goggles
16. Rope and a grapling hook and some twine
17. Kitchen Sink ;)
"We live in a world where people use severed plant genitals to express affection.
Rifts is really not much weirder than that." ~~Killer Cyborg

"If we let technical problems scare us away from doing anything, humanity would still be in the trees flinging poo at each other."~~Killer Cyborg

"Everything that breeds is a threat."~~Killer Cyborg
dark brandon
Knight
Comment: I want you more when you're afraid of me.

Unread post by dark brandon »

Psi-hound wrote:Just imagine it for a second - zombies. The living dead. You can see your next door neighbor Mrs. Higgins still wearing her gardening gloves, limply carrying a shovel in her hands. There goes your highschool football coach, you can see his old class ring and whistle around his neck.

That's nothing. Just last week, I was adventuring in the deepest part of hell, fighting off demons and devils. I saw my best friend torn in two by a giant statue. A few zombies...heh, sounds like today is gonna be a good day.

Then the stench hits you. And the god-awful moaning and wailing sound they make as they mill around, sniffing for the living. Then one of them spots you and starts slobbering.

This reminds me of my visit to splynn...only safer.

My PC's always ask me similar things - 'are these SDC or MDC?' but I always try to make it realistic. The truth is - you wouldn't know until you had to fight, or experiment (maybe shoot one from a distance with an SDC weapon to see the effect) or were an expert on the undead.

Lets assume that you guys are like my PC's - that you simply DO NOT KNOW what these things are, other than rotten and nasty, and they want to eat you.I

I'd dive my mountaineer. I drive over town (Literally) and spend the rest of the day sunbathing...at least until the sun becomes blocked by a giant winged demon bird bent on total world destruction. *Sigh* a hero's work is never done.
"We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine And the machine is bleeding to death The sun has fallen down And the billboards are all leering And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles ...I open up my wallet And it's full of blood "~~Godspeed you black emperor.
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Psi-hound wrote:You are a normal SDC, non-psychic, non-mage, human. Your hometown is being overrun by zombies.

You run across an abandoned surplus store while trying to escape - lets' just say you can load up with whatever Rifts gear you can HONESTLY carry (body armor, backpack, rifle and pistol, etc.).

What sort of gear is there? Modern SDC weapons? MD weapons from the main book? Naruni Gear? What?
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

i wonder how long body armor would last once you got swarmed by zombies, once they piled on you.

Spectre
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Spectre »

A good long range weapon (plasma), a close range weapon (i like Wilks, personally), a melee weapon (perferably silver plated), lots of extra ammo for the weapons, a good set of body armor, a knife, rations, some clothes and a copy of this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/140004 ... e&n=283155
"A little Rebellion now and then is a good thing." Thomas Jefferson
(To the tune of Ride of the Valkyries): Death and Destruction, Chaos and Carnage, Total Annailation Now!
300 Movie Geek Points
"I immediately regret this decision."- Jack Hare
Preacher
Hero
Comment: My Thermonuclear level defense of Palladium is neither condoned nor endorsed by Palladium Books.

Unread post by Preacher »

Funny thing about this topic.

In the last few years I have been really getting back into guns and the like so I have been frequenting the gun sites and boards and came across a couple of survival sites that talk about this. They call them B.O.B's or Bug Out Bags. Of course most of these really zany people do this for real in case of an actual apoycalypse or disaster. :shock:
ImageImage Yeah I like guns. Image
I pledge allegiance to this flag, if that bothers you well that's too bad!!!
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

mattling wrote:Any EBA. Then I'd just walk out of town as thousands of puny SDC beings try in vain to scratch through it.

Nah, the zombie hordes would hold you down until they either managed to pull off your helmet, or until the necromancer took notice of you.

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Killer Cyborg
Priest

Psi-hound wrote:What sort of gear is there? Modern SDC weapons? MD weapons from the main book? Naruni Gear? What?

Mostly SDC weaponry meant for the average citizen; however there are a few selections of MD knockouts too (salvaged CS stuff, one or two Naruni firearms, etc.) but it's packed with 'hunting' firearms, like one would see in a typical Sports Authority or gun shop, including shotguns and bolt-action, scoped rifles. Several 'tactical' models are also available (Rifts versions of AR platforms, M1A variants, etc.).

First and foremost, I'd take a JA-11 if one was available.
Second, I'd grab an SDC rifle that used the same 7.62mm rounds as the JA-11.
Third, I'd try grab any energy pistol I could (or even a Wilk's Laser Wand) and a good revolver or two.

As to body armor, it's an MDC world out there, so yes, there are several ENV models on the racks; plasticman, huntsman, etc. Maybe even some NGR Cyclops that ended up in here.

Gladiator or crusader, if I could get it. High MDC and high mobility.

And there are LOTS of melee weapons, both SDC and MD. Knives, brass knuckles, blackjacks, shuriken, various clubs/batons/kuboton, folding shovels (awesome with sharpened edges), neuro-maces, vibroblades, baseball bats, golf clubs, riding crops, paintball stuff galore, chainsaws, axes (vibro too), garrottes (normal and plasma-encased), compound bows, crossbows, arrows/bolts, blowguns, pieces of pipe, wrenches, ping-pong paddles, motorcycle chains, lots of coins in the register, pillowcases, fishing supplies, lanterns, kerosene, matches, a small refrigerator where the owner kept 4 cases of ice-cold beer, tools of all kinds (non-power), lots of items that can be sharpened, pointed, made sharper or more pointy, and behind the counter --- AMMO GALORE, mostly SDC.

I'd grab a vibro-knife, a survival knife, and a boot knife or two. Also a crowbar.
And, of course, all the ammo I could safely carry.
(Do I get a truck or something?)

You catch a glimpse through a blood-smeared window of another shape outside, apparently giving the zombies orders. This figure has a white face, painted in black 'racoon' eyes. Holding a ceremonial knife in one hand. Your Demon/Monster Lore check ID's this person as some kind of Necromancer. Maybe Shifter. No familiar around, but the undead obey it like pets.

Called shot to the head, from a concealed location.

Captain Shiva
Adventurer
Comment: In sheer daemonic strangeness I am unparalleled

surplus store and zombies

Unread post by Captain Shiva »

One question:If all this neat stuff is available,why in the heck are the zombies about to overrun the town?
Have you ever been thrown out of a Rifts game for being smarter than the Game Master?
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

because they're zombies geez

personally I rather have a full fueled tank and crush the rot-heads myself

Captain Shiva
Adventurer
Comment: In sheer daemonic strangeness I am unparalleled

ZOMBIES

Unread post by Captain Shiva »

Are we talking about just plain old animated dead or actual zombies as created by the spell : Create Zombie ? Those guys are a little tougher.
Have you ever been thrown out of a Rifts game for being smarter than the Game Master?
Qev
Hero

Unread post by Qev »

I think you overestimate the flammability of the dead. :)
"Then you can simply spead the ground dried corpse bits amongst the plants as needed." - Sir Ysbadden

"There weren't many nukes launched in the apocalypse, so the nuclear winter wasn't that bad." - Killer Cyborg
Qev
Hero

Unread post by Qev »

Actually, incendiary weapons burn people to death, not 'reduce them to ash'. Well, I imagine MDC incendiary weapons would. :lol: Pouring gasoline or some other common accelerant on someone and torching them will likely kill them, but you end up with a smouldering, steaming, damn-that-smells-good-I'm-hungry dead body in the end, not a pile of ash. Bodies are -hard- to get rid of! I should know, I ... er, nevermind. :lol:

I hafta agree with WonderingMind... a flaming zombie (sounds like a cocktail or maybe a dessert, oddly) is probably a lot worse than a regular zombie, setting other zombies, and everything else around them alight.

Although... they're much easier to shoot in the dark. :)

Amberjack
Explorer

Unread post by Amberjack »

Body Armor
Hickory axe handle
Bottle Scotch (12 yr a least)
Prayer to what ever deity might be listening

Exit building begin sending zombies back to there graves :-D

Oh, smack necro, up side head with axe handle, tell him he's been naughty, and send him to his room, and wait till his father gets home :-D

OR
Try to fortify the building, and rig a fail safe that would allow me to blow all the ammo/ explosives in the building, if fortifications overrun, so as to take as many of zombies as possible with me :D
RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

You need to find the town's grain silo and go with a a nice boom then burn.
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!
Rockwolf66
Hero

Unread post by Rockwolf66 »

(cough...cough...put's on his best Jessie Ventura voice)

"Say hello to ol' Painless"

Mind you Jessie has five inches an 50 pounds on me, but who's counting. Nothing mows down "human wave" assaults like a Minigun. If the Zombies are MDC use silver plated Ramjet rounds.

Also note that I much prefer my M-134DT on a HMMWV.

Return to “Rifts®”