Zentraedi on Rifts Earth

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Aaryq
Adventurer

Zentraedi on Rifts Earth

Unread post by Aaryq »

Hey folks. With a monstrous looking party (Dragon Hatchling, Size Manipulation Vagabond <HU Conversions>, Gargoyle <Lord or Mage, I can't remember>, Lizard Mage, and Titan), I was thinking about throwing into the mix a rifted in Zentraedi...But his physical MDC at best is barely over 20 and his armor is under 30 (edit me if I'm not allowed to put rough numbers), when converting him over to Rifts Earth, would you guys think it would make sense to bump up his physical MDC, and the MDC of his armor? If not, how would you compensate for his size, but how weak he is? Thanks
There should be a specific sub-forum of the Rifts forum dedicated to the only hope for salvation of the human race, the Coalition States.
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Re: Zentraedi on Rifts Earth

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Aaryq wrote:Hey folks. With a monstrous looking party (Dragon Hatchling, Size Manipulation Vagabond <HU Conversions>, Gargoyle <Lord or Mage, I can't remember>, Lizard Mage, and Titan), I was thinking about throwing into the mix a rifted in Zentraedi...But his physical MDC at best is barely over 20 and his armor is under 30 (edit me if I'm not allowed to put rough numbers), when converting him over to Rifts Earth, would you guys think it would make sense to bump up his physical MDC, and the MDC of his armor? If not, how would you compensate for his size, but how weak he is? Thanks

Step 1: Cast Giant on him.
Step 2: Make the spell permanent with a PFRPG Permanency ward.

Or just have him be a micronized Zentraedi and avoid one heck of a lot of mess.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Re: Zentraedi on Rifts Earth

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Aaryq wrote:Hey folks. With a monstrous looking party (Dragon Hatchling, Size Manipulation Vagabond <HU Conversions>, Gargoyle <Lord or Mage, I can't remember>, Lizard Mage, and Titan), I was thinking about throwing into the mix a rifted in Zentraedi...But his physical MDC at best is barely over 20 and his armor is under 30 (edit me if I'm not allowed to put rough numbers), when converting him over to Rifts Earth, would you guys think it would make sense to bump up his physical MDC, and the MDC of his armor? If not, how would you compensate for his size, but how weak he is? Thanks

why? they're no worse than being human--what do they need to have MDC for? that's why they have mecha.

but no, there is no reason whatsoever to give them MDC.

I mean hell, there's MDC in robotech/macross II where they're from, and they arn't MDC there.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Kelorin
Adventurer
Location: Aboard the USS Lexington, flagship of the New Navy Atlantic Fleet

Unread post by Kelorin »

Assuming that the Zentraedi in question still has his / her mecha, it is doubtful that it would last past a single firefight. Original Robotech era Zentraedi mecha (with the exception of the 2 Power Armor suits, Fighter Pod, and maybe the Officer's Pod) have stats that would be considered laughable in a Rifts setting.

Converting, retrofitting or upgrading the mech to even passable Rifts standards for a 40 - 60 ft. robot would likely be prohibitively expensive.

Considering a full-size Zentraedi's already large size, Titan Juicer conversion seems ... redundant, but considering that Zentraedi are fully compatible with humans in all other respects, normal Juicer converison, or becoming a Tatooed Man / Undead Slayer may not be out of the question, but again very expensive, considering nobody currently make Juicer drug harnesses in that size. (also consider that a full sized zent, would likely need 10 times the amount of drugs to get the same effects as a human sized Juicer).

On the other hand, getting a suit of body armor made to Rifts standards might not be as difficult, or as cost prohibitive. Figure that if a suit of human sized body armour can have 120 MDC, then a Zentraedi sized suit made of the same materials, with the same armor density should have about 1200 MDC, although 300 - 600 MDC might be more reasonable. Pick up a rifle from a large robot or mech, and you're good to go.
shadrak
Champion

Unread post by shadrak »

If you must have an MDC Zent...use the giants from the revised conversion book. Originally, they were several hundred SDC, now they are 1D6x10 or 2D4x10 MDC. I can't imagine giving them significantly more...

On power armor: He needs to commission a suit similar to the one in Mercenaries (an adventure possibility?). His old suit could be improved, but his armor doesn't automatically get stronger.
Pax Concord
D-Bee

Unread post by Pax Concord »

A Zentraedi female officer with powered armor should be able to hold her own without any changes. Those suckers are maneuverable!
-Pax
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

I'll have to post my Z-Tech...a transdimensional company that deals with upgrading the capabilities of dimensionally-rifted Zentraedi!
But for some ideas....look at some of the giant-scale weaponry created by the Gargoyles.
And look into natural body armours...a full-sized Zentraedi could wear a pair of THunderbeetle shells as shoulder armor...Expensive, yes, but how much is your life worth?

Zentraedi BIoborgs...that's a scary thought...

Zentraedi Mages...if you rule out any residual protoculture in their systems interfering with their abilty to accumulate PPE, and use the base lines for giant beings in the Rifts Conversion Books, then full-size Zentraedi can start out with some impressive amounts of PPE! That makes for a promising start for a Combat Mage!
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Kagashi
Champion

Unread post by Kagashi »

I suggest the following for bring in a full sized Zent into Rifts:

1) Any Mecha he/she has increase MDC X3 (Id do that anyway). Its still wimpy, but more believable)

2) get rid of the +X MDC per strike, and simply give him supernatural strength to be compatable with Rifts

3) The natural MDC is fine, with the right skills you can have a Zent with hundreds of MDC (assuming you are allowing physical skills to grant MDC instead of SDC).

The rest is up to role playing. Id love to play a Zent in Rifts. THe Sploogies would be pretty interested in a Zent, for arena battle, and even to see what kind of tech he has (weather he understands it or not).

Can you imagine how many tattoos that guy can get? Since he is basiclly a giant sized human, I would say he could become a tattooed warrior.

Somebody already mentioned him becoming a juicer. Again, it is speciafically stated that Zentreadi are basiclly human, so why not be able to juice him (I would assume it would be very expensive...100 times as expensive at least)?
I want to see from Palladium:
Updated Aug 2015
-Rifts: Dark Woods/Deep South, Space 110 PA, Scandinavia
-Mechanoids: Space (MDC)
-Robotech: Errata for Marines timeline, Masters Deluxe with SC and UEEF gear, Spaceships
-Updated Errata for post-2006 printings of Rifts books
-Searchable, quality PDFs/E-pubs of current Rifts titles
taalismn
Priest

Kagashi wrote:Can you imagine how many tattoos that guy can get? Since he is basiclly a giant sized human, I would say he could become a tattooed warrior.
)?

Owie....talk about the ILlustrated Man! You'd have tattoo artists laying on scaffolding all around him...of course, he is still limited by the advancement in experience to the number of Tattooes he can reasonable get/survive...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Kagashi
Champion

Unread post by Kagashi »

Thats true.

But what about a full conversion Zentraedi sized borg or NGR Robot OCC? :shock:

I can see it now, "Well big guy, I dont have a cyborg body big enough for you, but I DO have access to this Triax Devistator..."
I want to see from Palladium:
Updated Aug 2015
-Rifts: Dark Woods/Deep South, Space 110 PA, Scandinavia
-Mechanoids: Space (MDC)
-Robotech: Errata for Marines timeline, Masters Deluxe with SC and UEEF gear, Spaceships
-Updated Errata for post-2006 printings of Rifts books
-Searchable, quality PDFs/E-pubs of current Rifts titles
Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

JayBuzz wrote:
Lord_Coake wrote:Full size Zent?

Make him a Mega Juicer. He is now scarier than that dragon hatchling.

:eek:

Great Munch possibilities!! :D

:D Munch, munch, I love the munches! :D
Hystrix
Champion

Unread post by Hystrix »

First of all a Zentreadi would more likkly have 40-60 MDC.

(I hope I can post this) Remember they have PE Hit Point (plus 1D6x100 per level) and at least 3000 SDC (30 MDC) because they use the same stats a deastroid pilot (30 SDC to start)

So a Zent with a PE of 1000 would start with 1600 HP, 3000 SDC, and 25 MDC from armor (and there were upgrades which gave them 35 MDC)...

so the average Zentreadi with body armor had 71 MDC...

Now in WB 21 Atalntis there is a giant armorer. I beilive any armor over 30 feet tall has up to 450 MDC. That's reguar body armor. How the character would get that.. i don't know, but it's doable...
Hystrix, the Post Killer, Destroyer of Threads
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Unread post by cornholioprime »

Lord_Coake wrote:Full size Zent?

Make him a Mega Juicer. He is now scarier than that dragon hatchling.
Better than that; IIRC, in Robotech, Zentraedi naturally live for THOUSANDS of years; which gives this particular type of Juicer a lifespan of at least HUNDREDS of years....

:lol:
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
taalismn
Priest

Kagashi wrote:Thats true.

But what about a full conversion Zentraedi sized borg or NGR Robot OCC? :shock:

I can see it now, "Well big guy, I dont have a cyborg body big enough for you, but I DO have access to this Triax Devistator..."

"Or this d-bee machine....I think it's called a Vareetech...Voritec?...Geerwalk?...Oh sheez, it's a transforming robot frame..."

Trying adapting some of the TW bionics off the Demonaix from Seige of Tolkeen....or trying BUNDLING some of the systems together for super-TW bionic limbs....

And think about the PAYLOAD for a Zentraedi-sized bionic arm mini-missile launcher!
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Juankis
Wanderer

Unread post by Juankis »

I was thinking of munchking the Zentraedi like this:

- Make him a Martial Artists with Chi mastery from N&SS with a pair of martial arts that double his Chi ever so often
- Then the character will end up having maybe thousands of P.E./Chi points
- Buy him the One Finger negative Chi attack (or whatever the attack that does 3 points of damage per negative Chi spent is called)
- Seee his enemies explode.
"If you want something done, ask. If you want something done quickly, ask, and then begin counting down from ten with no explanation."
- Mahatma Gandhi
"Unit be the side of darkeness"
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

darkmax wrote:
Juankis wrote:I was thinking of munchking the Zentraedi like this:

- Make him a Martial Artists with Chi mastery from N&SS with a pair of martial arts that double his Chi ever so often
- Buy him the One Finger negative Chi attack (or whatever the attack that does 3 points of damage per negative Chi spent is called)

He'll be too big to work on most! But it is not impossible. But remember Chi does not correspond to size.
No but it does correspond to PE... and the stupid N&S "finger of death" doesn't matter for size since it can work... OVER THE PHONE!!! :nh: :frust: and that is per the book :nh:

:-? So what happens when you pick up a CS radio? Can you get everyone tuned into it at the same time :lol: OMG :shock: PA system ???
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
taalismn
Priest

Zer0 Kay wrote:
darkmax wrote:

He'll be too big to work on most! But it is not impossible. But remember Chi does not correspond to size.
No but it does correspond to PE... and the stupid N&S "finger of death" doesn't matter for size since it can work... OVER THE PHONE!!! :nh: :frust: and that is per the book :nh:

:-? So what happens when you pick up a CS radio? Can you get everyone tuned into it at the same time :lol: OMG :shock: PA system ???

Oh dang...that is ugly...
Like something out of a bad Steven King novel....
THough I think the attack most likely works if you KNOW(i.e. concentrating on the specific target on the other end of the connection) the target, rather than simply 'anybody who's on the line in a network'....provided the Zentraedi-megaload of chi zapping into the system doesn't blow out the phone line...

THe irony of it is that you have Zentraedi chasing micronian mecha around, screaming "LET ME SHOW YOU WHAT I LEARNED FROM 'LITTLE WHITE DRAGON'!"
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

darkmax wrote:
taalismn wrote:"
And think about the PAYLOAD for a Zentraedi-sized bionic arm mini-missile launcher!

I'm thinking! I'm thinking!

You could possibly placed one or two ICBM's in there.
quote]

Hmmm...it would make a great 'last resort' bionic weapon...single shot final assault...
Big bad Zentraedi warborg backed to teh wall, shot up by his nemesis,,,
Gloating Opponent: "GIve up, your cause is lost. All that is left is you and you ain't doing too good."
Z-BOrg: "I will be enough."
(HIs arm splits apart, revealing the big honkin' missile at its core, which ignites its booster immediately)
Gloating Opponent: "Oh Sh-----"
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Juankis
Wanderer

Unread post by Juankis »

Better yet, get hi \m a pair of MAC III bombs to use as bowling balls.

I'm also thinking of a juicer rig with Invid Flower of Life extract besides the regular juicer fluids, how would that work? mentally unstable psychic zentraedi?
"If you want something done, ask. If you want something done quickly, ask, and then begin counting down from ten with no explanation."
- Mahatma Gandhi
"Unit be the side of darkeness"
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

The problem with full sized Zents is not their SDC, yes SDC,....its the fact that they have to EAT.

Of coruse you if you want MDC then one to one convertion ain't too bad.........NOT.

I for one, don't play full sized Zents because they are just a pain to play.
If you're not keeping track of food then I geuss they would be ok to play a shorter Zent. Give him Zent armor with double the normal MDC for the armor...then maybe give him a boom gun rifle.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
taalismn
Priest

Oops...had a double repeat post there....
But obviously one can choose to alter either the Zentraedi or his equipment...or ideally BOTH....
Last edited by taalismn on Sat Aug 05, 2006 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

From one of my old groups:

Z-Tech, aka ZT, ZenTech---a company originally started on Rifts Earth to adapt hardware there to re-arm d-stranded giant Zentraedi---ultimately split off from its terrestrial roots to become a transdimensional firm run by Zentraedi....

Armor

“High collars, coat tails, heavy boots-----Zentraedi dress uniforms make the old Russian Empire look positively flaky in comparison. Pity they don’t have armor equally as imposing....”
----Johnathon Blackwell III, Megaverse Fashion in Review

“Demon Unicorn Leather bodysuit.....ooooohhhhh...with the horns mounted on the shoulders....lacquered Fury Beetle shell breastplates for extra lift and emphasis...Peryton wing mini-cloak thrown in extra....flexible, durable, sexy as sexy gets...sure to get that big Male High Command stud’s attention for sure...”
-----Jen’rya, Meltran Saleswoman

“I like the ...what is it again...oh, yes, the Black Knight shoulder plates over the Skullsmasher breast plate...gives the armor character! Yah, it’s heavy, but it’s saved my life more than once, and it’s darn cheap too! I go right past the new stuff and go straight to the scrapbox and second-hand-armor suits when I shop Z-Tech...sure it don’t look as nice as the new stuff, but I’m not trying to make a ...a...’fashion statement’...that’s incidental...I want protection! Yah!”
---Ang Gola, Zentraedi Warrior

“I DROPKICKED MINMEI AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY T-SHIRT”
-----Seen at “Var’s House of Mayhem”, Gistarr Freelands

"I'm normally a size Double-Z, but I usually wear Triple-Z for comfort,
plus the baggy look is so 'in' these days."
(Qoute courtesy of Galahad Knight..Thanks!)

Bigger Size+Bigger Rep=Bigger Target
A painful equation for the Zentraedi. Sure, it sounded like a good idea to the Tirolians; big, massive warriors with incredible endurance and strength, but bad engineering and the Tirolians’ rather poor image management have left the Zentraedi holding the bag and a big target.....especially those who have been unfortunate enough to be blasted into another universe where they haven’t received a compensatory power-up to help them face those nasty little critters a fraction of their size with a hundred times the armor protection. Rather than force the Big People to make the decision to come down to our size and try to fit in, or be themselves and become dragon-chow, ZT offers a variety of forms of personal protection, from traditional EBAs, to armored casuals that show off that genetically-engineered musculature, to the latest kill mounted on your panalopy.

Note: Prices for the following are for ‘off-the rack’; custom fits will cost 10-20% more, depending on alterations and decoration.....GMs might want to add a bonus point to MA or PB, or maybe even a Horror/Awe Factor for really classy outfits.
Extras such as studs, spikes, decorations, and whatnot may be added at extra cost.
Note2(Courtesy of Galahad’s wonderful suggestions): (Option) All Z-Tech garments are available in different sizes---- 'Size Z' like how T-shits are S, M, L, XL, XXL, etc,
Only now designated ‘Size M’ for meltran/short zentrans (35-40 ft range), MM for larger females(45-50 ft), Z for average males(45-60 ft), ZZ (65-70 ft), and ZZZ for those really HUGE Male High Command(Dolza-size), Price may vary: add or subtract 5% of cost per size level, using the MM/Z size as the baseline for average price. The added material costs when the difference between sizes is yards rather than inches.

Standard Types
MDC Bodysuit/Pressure ‘Glove’------------55 MDC--------- 30,000 credits/ 30ZK---- 40 lbs
Can be modified to act as a pilot interface ‘skinsuit’(Applicable only to Power Armors and other ‘humanoid’ mecha) for an additional 30,000 credits/ 30 ZK
Ballistic Plastic-Plate/Cloth-----AR 14, MDC 40--------- 10,000 credits/ 10 ZK----60 lbs
Hardshell Vest---AR 15, MDC 100--------- 20,000 credits/20 ZK----100 lbs
Hardshell Knee Boots----- MDC 50--------- 15,000 credits/15 ZK (set of two)---- 250 lbs EACH
Hardshell Arm Bracers------ MDC 40--------- 5,000 credits/ 5 ZK (set of two)---- 100 lbs each
Monster Leather/Scale------AR 13+1d4 , MDC 80-150--------- 80,000 credits/ 80 ZKs----2,000 lbs
Dragonscale(shed dragon scale)------AR 16, MDC 200--------- 400,000 credits/ 400 ZK---- 3,000 lbs*
*Reduce Speed by 10%
Light Chainmail------ AR 18, MDC 180--------- 60,000 credits/ 60 ZK---- 800 lbs
Light Plate(EBA)------MDC 200--------- 250,000 credits/ 250 ZK---- 1,000 lbs
Medium Plate(EBA)------MDC 300, --------- 300,000 credits/ 300 ZK----2,000 lbs*
*Reduce Speed by 10%
Heavy Plate(EBA)------MDC 400, ---------500,000 credits/ 500 ZK---- 5,000 lbs*
*Reduce Speed by 20%
Laser Resistance----Any of the plate(NOT Natural armor) suits above can be coated with a layer of laser ablative material that reduces laser damage by HALF ...adds 20% to cost. Note, however, that taking 30% or more total body MDC will ablate the coating off and negate its effectiveness.
OR ...A full suit of PS-Southern Cross-style laser-resistant ceramic armor can be purchased for an added 50% over regular cost.
Increasingly popular as well is ‘Glitter Lame’, a flexible, light, laser-reflective plastic and metallic foil that offers similar bonuses, but looks MUCH more flashy. ‘Glitter-Lame ‘ can be combined with plate armor types for the same cost as regular laser-resist material, and with flexible types for 30% extra over regular, and can be even combined with Combat Corduroy. It’s most popular with the socializing crowd who likes protection and fashion, as well as for gladiators, as the glitter tends to be rather too eyecatching for the regular battlefield.

Scratchwork(Suggestion of Chad Elliot)----This is probably the cheapest style of armor available from Z-Tech because all it really is is fragments of megadamage vehicles and monster skins scrapped up at home, and stitched together into giant-sized suits of armor, often worn over a spacesuit-style ‘body glove’. Yet many Zentraedi love these suits because of their low cost, easy maintenance(just stick on more scraps from your last, late, opponent to cover the holes), and decidedly individualistic appearance. Pieces of Coalition vehicles, Fury Beetle shell, Xiticix carapace(shipped in from Free Canada), and Minion-skin are particularly popular with newly appearance-conscious warrior-clones.
Use the same armor values as above for ‘scratchwork’ armor; cut price by 10-20%(and -5% if you brought in the fixin’s yourself), but roll percentile; 01-70 REDUCE overall MDC by 2d10 %, 71-00 INCREASE overall MDC by 2d10%, to reflect the varying quality of the suits.
Likewise roll percentile for weight; 01-70 INCREASE overall weight by 2d10 %, 71-00 REDUCE overall weight by 2d10%. GMs may wish to add penalties for extremely bulky or poorly tailored armor(and charge extra for adjustments---especially if the suit is a second-hand, second-hand).
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Warning...serious Munchkin...from my munchkin period....

Small Arms
“So many shapes, so many sizes, so much power! Do I go for big, loud, and powerful, or do I go for something small and unexpected? You Micronians! This is so frustrating! How am I to choose!?”
---Viza Niraya, Female Zentraedi

“Lemme get this straight...you want us to assembly a nine-foot-long, eight-barrelled electric autocannon and its ammo drum assembly, pack it on an enclosed shipping pallet, attach it all to a giant grip mount, and then you want us to connect the fire control to a three-foot trigger and trigger guard asembly? Okay, who’s this for...King Kong? And when’s he going to make pick up?”
“Close. Soon.”

Traditionally, the sight of a dismounted Zentraedi warrior holding a pistol has been cause for derision; though artillery-sized, most Zentraedi small arms either lack power or ammunition capacity, being mass-produced, lowest-bid, equipment for disposable soldiers. With the smaller numbers of Zentraedi, a more dangerous universe, and survival at stake, plinking away at Invid hordes or dragons with popgun lasers is no longer an option. Now ZT provides the Zentraedi grunt-infantryman with the ability to really carve a swath of destruction, and do some serious HURT to those who may think he’s a dinosaur on the way out.
Note: Some of these weapons may be too large for convenient transport inside a Zentraedi mecha

ZWAP-1 “Persuader” AutoPistol---This was Z-Tech’s first attempt to build a Zentraedi-scale sidearm, using the Zentraedi laser pistol as the basis. The ZWAP-1 is essentially a repackaged adaptation of the Wellington Industies WI-GL4 Revolving Grenade Launcher, and fires grenade rounds from its massive ‘cheesewheel’ magazine. Z-Tech has also added a 5-shot burst fire setting for better firepower
Weight: 400 lbs
Range: 1,000 ft
Damage: (Fragmentation) 4d6 MD to 12 ft blast area single shot, 1d6x10 MD to blast area of 20 ft per 5 shot burst
(Armor Piercing)1d4x10 MD to 3 ft blast area single shot, 2d6x10 MD to blast area of 6 ft per 5 shot burst
Rate of Fire: EPCHH
Payload: 60 shot cassette
Special Features: Laser Spot Sight- and Flashlight---Mounted directly over the barrel in the ‘bulge’ over the trigger mechanism---500 ft flashlight range and +1 to strike
Cost: 150,000 credits/150 ZK

ZPSAP-3 ‘Mega Magnum’---This is the PS 55mm mini-howitzer cannon configured as an oversized revolver--Lousy range, but tremendous punch
Weight: 380 lbs
Range: 800 ft
Damage: 7d6x5 MD per shot(micronuke round)
Rate of Fire: ECHH
Payload: 7 round clip
Cost: 32,000 credits/ 35 ZK, 800 credits per shell
GM Note: If you’re uncomfortable with the munchkin implications of a 45mm shell doing that much damage, simply alter it to a larger, more appropriate shell-size, like a 105 mm howitzer...massive damage, small payload, lousy range.

ZMMP-1 “Blaster Mace”---This is a low-cost, low-tech weapon based on the Gargoyle Grenade Mace(See Rifts: Triax and the NGR), but writ much larger. It’s basically a ten-foot length of heavy MDC pipe with a howitzer firing modified variable damage mortar shells running down the center, a band of heavy spikes around the end, an axe-blade attached, a tonfu-style handle on the side, and wrappings for better grip. A sturdy, reliable weapon with ‘good hand feel’. It also features a wrench in the end for repair work.
Weight: 300 lbs
Range:(Axe/Mace) Melee
(45mm Cannon) 800 ft
Damage:(Axe/Mace) 2d4 MD plus P.S. Megadamage axe cut, 1d6 MD +P.S. Megadamage for blunt damage
(45mm Cannon)7d6x5 MD per blast, direct hit, or 1d6x10 MD to 12 ft blast radius in ‘grenade’ mode
Payload: 8 shots
Cost: 50,000 Credits/ 50 ZK, 800 credits per shell

ZMMP-2 ‘Laser Star’---The same as the Gargoyle Laser Mace. It also features a wrench in the end for repair work.
Weight: 300 lbs
Range:(Axe/Mace) Melee
(Laser) 1,200 ft
Damage:(Axe/Mace) 2d4 MD plus P.S. Megadamage axe cut, 1d6 MD +P.S. Megadamage for blunt damage
(Laser) 1d4x10 MD per blast
Payload: 30 shot rechargeable battery-clip
Cost: 55,000 Credits/ 55 ZK

ZMMP-3 ‘Dragons Breath’ Multi-Pistol----This is a dual-attack mode weapon based on the Bioroid Weapon Drum and firing the same high explosive rounds. However, the two ends of the drum-shaped body of the weapon are actually separate ammunition drums, one holding the 20mm high explosive shells(the same as used by PS’s ‘Taskin Rifle’), and the other an armored reservoir tank for Inferno-Gel. The weapon has a smaller ammunition loadout than the standard Weapon Drum, but the flamethrower provides an excellent area of effect attack.
Weight: 250 lbs
Range:(Autocannon):3,000 ft(12,000 ft in space)
(Flamethrower): 500 ft
Damage:(Autocannon):4d4 MD single rd, 1d6x10 MD per 5 shot burst, 2d6x10 MD per 10 rd burst
(Flamethrower) 3d6 MD per burst, plus does an additional 2d6 MD per melee for 1d6 melees
Rate of Fire:(Autocannon): Single shot or 10-shot burst
(Flamethrower) ECHH
Payload:(Autocannon): 1,000 rds
(Flamethrower) 50 bursts
Cost: 300,000 credits/ 300 ZK

ZMMP-4 Multi-Pistol-----Another experimental dual-attack mode weapon, based on the Bioroid Laser Drum. This weapon features a rapid fire laser modeled on PS’s own PS-34L pulse laser, and a mini-missile launcher(firing from the four black slots in the forward end of the weapon).
Weight: 200 lbs
Range:(Laser) 4,000 ft
(Mini-Missiles) Varies by Missile Type
Damage:(Laser) 6d6 MD per shot
(Mini-Missiles) Varies by Missile Type
Rate of Fire:(Laser): ECHH
(Mini-Missiles) Volleys of 1, 2, 3, or 4
Payload:(Laser): 40 shot rechargeable battery-clip
(Mini-Missiles) 4 mini-missiles
Cost: 300,000 credits/ 300 ZK

ZPS-AR-1 Carbine---Looking like a snub-nosed version of the Zentraedi Assault Rifle, this ‘bullpup’ weapon uses the standard PS 20mm cannon round, and is reliable, lightweight, and compact enough to be carried inside a Battlepod, making it a favored ‘survival’ weapon among pilots in event of being downed. Its only real disadvantages are short range and light damage.
Weight: 250 lbs
Range: 1,500 ft
Damage: 1d4 MD single shot, 4d6 MD per 5 shot burst, 1d4x10+4 MD per 10 shot burst
Rate of Fire: Standard
Payload: 100 rd drum magazine
Special Features: Laser Spot Sight: +1 to strike
Cost: 30,000 credits/ 30 ZK

ZAC-120 Rifle---This mecha-scale weapon resembles a wide-bore light machine gun with a large cheese-wheel or carousel-style rotary ammunition magazine on top of it. The AC-120 is a Paladin Steel adaptation of the IH-B 120mm Auto-Cannon, best known as the main weapon of the IH Iron Fist Medium Tank, except that the AC-120 uses an advanced auto-loader for a higher rate of sustained fire, and a dial-up system for selecting ammunition. Considered a Heavy Weapon for W.P. purposes
Weight: 2 tons
MDC: 150
Range: 6000 ft
Damage:High Explosive(HE) 1d6x10 MD with blast radius of 20 ft
High-Explosive Anti-Tank(HEAT) 2d6x10 MD to 10 ft blast radius
Armor Piercing(AP): 1d4x10 MD
APSD: 2d4x10 MD
Rate of Fire: Standard
Payload: 40 rd drum
Cost: 700,000 credits/ 700 ZK

PSASR-9 “Mountain Gun” AutoShot ------This is the PS 55mm mini-howitzer cannon configured as an over -and-under double-barrelled shotgun --Lousy range, but tremendous punch. The pump action is a little slow, but the weapon is rugged and reliable, able to take a great amount of abuse and still keep functioning.
Weight: 700 lbs
Range: 800 ft
Damage: 7d6x5 MD per shot, 1d4x100 MD for a double-barrelled blast(one attack)(Micronuke rounds)
Rate of Fire: ECHH, takes one action to pump the next round into the chamber(s)
Payload: 10 rd magazine
Cost: 120,000 credits/ 120 ZK, 800 credits per shell
GM Note: If you’re uncomfortable with the munchkin implications of a 45mm shell doing that much damage, simply alter it to a larger, more appropriate shell-size, like a 105 mm howitzer...massive damage, small payload, lousy range.

PanzerFaust Slammer Stick---The Slammer Stick is a heavier version of the Rocket Pod. Essentially a larger version of the Wellington Industries WI-40M(Rifts Mercenaries), but mounting a larger spin-stabilized warhead. Just point and shoot, then toss aside the launch rod(which is disposable---though the fiberglass/light metal has a recycle value of 2d6x10 credits).
Weight: 600 lbs
Range: 10 miles
Damage:3d6x10 MD to 50 ft area
Payload: 1
Cost: 50,000 credits/50 ZK

ZAMUR-11 Torpedo Gun---This is simply a modified clip-fed Heavy Missile Launcher modified to fire long-range or medium-range torpedoes.
Primary Purpose: Assault/Anti-Armor/Anti-Ship
Weight: 1,000 lbs
Mega-Damage: By torpedo type.
Rate of Fire: Equal to pilot's hand to hand
Effective Range: 10 miles for medium torps, 20 miles for heavy torps
Payload: 5 round medium torpedo clips, or 3 round long-range torpedo clip
Cost: 800,000 credits/ 800 ZK

ZNGR-AR2 Auto-Rifle---This weapon is based on the Triax TX-862FC anti-aicraft system autocannon, but configured as a massive sniper rifle, modified with a Paladin Steel ‘smart sight’ system, and sporting a smaller ammunition payload.
Weight: 1,500 lbs
Range: 10,000 ft
Damage: 4d6 MD single rd, 1d6x10 MD two rd burst, 3d6x10 MD per six-shot rapid fire burst
Rate of Fire: EGCHH
Payload: 12 shot box clip
Sensor Bonuses: +2 to strike on a single shot
Special Features:
*Folding Bipod
*Recoil Control Stock
Telescopic Optics
Passive Night Vision
Thermo-Imaging
Laser Targetting: +1 to strike
*Target Acquisition/Fire Control Mini-Radar: 10 mile range
Cost: 450,000 credits/450 ZK, 100,000 credits/100 ZK for the sensor package

ZPS-MML-3 MicroMissile Shot Cannon---This weapon looks like an oversized stub-barrelled pump-action shotgun. It fires special ‘speedloader’-style cartridges that each hold twelve Paladin Steel Pattern -1c Micro-Missiles(otherwise they’d be too small for the Zentraedi to handle). When fired, the missiles scatter off at slight divergences from each other, covering a larger area in a classic explosive ‘buckshot’ pattern, ideal for clearing out ship compartments and taking down massed formations of enemies, albeit at rather short range.
Weight: 800 lbs
Mega-Damage: 1d6x10 MD to 60 ft area
Rate of Fire: Single shot; ECHH, reloading takes 4 actions
Effective Range: 2000 feet
Payload: 8 shot magazine.
Cost: 300,000 credits/300 ZK, speed loader costs 3,000 credits/3 ZK

ZPS-SRM8 Stomper Launcher - An mid-sized bazooka-style weapon with a top-mounted box clip, forward hand-grip, and attached sensor/sighting package. Fires modified short range missiles based on the Paladin Steel Heavy Hitter Anti-Armor Missile . This weapon and its ammunition magazines are too large to be carried inside a cramped Battlepod; it’s typically slung on the back or in the leg compartments. Considered a Heavy Weapon for W.P. purposes
Weight: 3,200 lbs
Range: 1 mile(5,820 ft)
Mega-Damage: 2d4x10 MD to 5 ft blast radius
Rate of Fire: Single shot, ECHH
Payload: 8 round cassette
Bonuses: +5 to hit(‘smart’ guidance)
Cost: 800,000 credits/800 ZK

ZPS-MRM6 Super ‘Zook - An oversized bazooka with a ‘bullpup’-mounted box clip, and a built-in top carrying handle. Fires modified medium range missiles similar to the Wellington Industries’ WI-40M ‘Fire and Forget’”Super-Heavy” Missile Launcher. This weapon and its ammunition magazines are too large to be carried inside a cramped Battlepod; it’s typically slung on the back or in the leg compartments. Considered a Heavy Weapon for W.P. purposes
Weight: 4,000 lbs
Range: 10 miles
Mega-Damage: Three warhead types available:(Armor Piercing) 2d4x10 MD to ft blast radius
(Fragmentation) 2d4x10 MD to ft blast radius
(Plasma/Heat) 2d6x10 MD to ft blast radius
Rate of Fire: Single shot, ECHH
Payload: 6 round cassette
Cost: 860,000 credits/860 ZK

ZPSKT-HELAW1 Plasma ‘Zooka---An adaptation of the bomb-pumped x-ray laser concept, only this is a light, disposable, high-powered, one-shot plasma weapon that uses a single MRM warhead cartridge to generate a high-velocity ‘jet’ of accelerated plasma. The weapon looks something like the Light Antitank Weapons(LAW) of late twentieth-century Earth armies. After firing, the insides of the weapon are fused and useless, and the HELAW cannot be re-used. Considered a Heavy Weapon for W.P. purposes
Weight: 700 lbs
Range: 3 miles
Damage: 5d6x10 MD per blast
Rate of Fire: Single shot
Payload: One shot
Cost: 75,000 credits/75 ZK

ZR-M45 and ZR-M50 Shoulder Mini-Missile Launchers---Inspired by imported Russian designs(see Rifts: Warlords of Russia), these compact launchers can be strapped onto a harness, or attached to armor---They’re too bulky to be worn inside a Power Armor or Super-Regult, but can be worn inside the roomier Advanced Battlepod (‘Greater Glaug’) or Starslayer cockpit. Considered a Heavy Weapon for W.P. purposes
Weight: ZR-M45 : 80 lbs unloaded, 110 lbs fully loaded(per launcher)
ZR-M50: 140 lbs unloaded, 188 lbs fully loaded(per launcher)
Range:Varies by Missile Type
Damage: Varies by Missile Type
Rate of Fire:ZR-M45 : Volleys of 1,2. 3, or 4
ZR-M50:Volleys of 1,2, 3, or 4
Payload:ZR-M45 : 12 mini-missiles per launcher
ZR-M50:18 mini-missiles per launcher
Cost:ZR-M45 : 40,000 credits/ 40 ZK
ZR-M50: 65,000 credits/ 65 ZK
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

:lol: :lol: :lol: got to make a copy.......
Last edited by drewkitty ~..~ on Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

darkmax wrote:Just out of curiosity, anyone remember how big a synchro-cannon is? May be one can be fitted to a Zentraedi-sized bionic arm.....

Twice the size of a 145 or 155mm howitzer, IIRC.

So, really flipping huge.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
taalismn
Priest

darkmax wrote:Just out of curiosity, anyone remember how big a synchro-cannon is? May be one can be fitted to a Zentraedi-sized bionic arm.....

At that point you may as well make a full-conversion Zentraedi cyborg who doesn't need a mecha to get around...he or she probably uses mecha components as spare parts... :D

"Com'on Dolza, let's tango..."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

taalismn wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:
darkmax wrote:

Oh dang...that is ugly...
Like something out of a bad Steven King novel....
THough I think the attack most likely works if you KNOW(i.e. concentrating on the specific target on the other end of the connection) the target, rather than simply 'anybody who's on the line in a network'....provided the Zentraedi-megaload of chi zapping into the system doesn't blow out the phone line...

THe irony of it is that you have Zentraedi chasing micronian mecha around, screaming "LET ME SHOW YOU WHAT I LEARNED FROM 'LITTLE WHITE DRAGON'!"
Good point about the concentration thing. If not it's a new weapon though. Zentradi with a micronian bullhorn... damn I can't press the little trigger thingy!!! :x :lol:
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

drewkitty wrote:The problem with full sized Zents is not their SDC, yes SDC,....its the fact that they have to EAT.

Of coruse you if you want MDC then one to one convertion ain't too bad.........NOT.

I for one, don't play full sized Zents because they are just a pain to play.
If you're not keeping track of food then I geuss they would be ok to play a shorter Zent. Give him Zent armor with double the normal MDC for the armor...then maybe give him a boom gun rifle.
Bah if FOL and PC is played as altered by PPE then the Zentradi should be too as their growth is brought on by a derivative.
taalismn
Priest

Zentraedi having to eat? Check out the Rifter article on Mega-Cooks, and the fine art of preparing megadamage monsters for the soup pot...the argument there is that some MDC critters are almost pure concentrated protein...Zentraedi, with proper protection, might well take up dino ranching...

Zentraedi Officer: "Hey, Zod! Can you make it over to our bunker this evening? Me and the missus are butchering a hadrosaur and cooking up some steaks! Also tossing some splinted grigg leapers on the barbie! Bring some of that carbo-paste beer you've been fermenting in the old engine bay!"

Now a Wormwood-raised Zentraedi(or hybrid)...hmmm...MDC in both sizes....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

darkmax wrote:
Zod can cook, so can you!

LOL! Just scale up the recipe X20(Zentraedi have BIG appettites...)
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Quester wrote:This may be off topic but can a full sized Zent be transformed into a vampire?

Why not their not supernatural.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Quester wrote:This may be off topic but can a full sized Zent be transformed into a vampire?

.......*looks at the question agine*.....

No Player Character can be a Vampire.

A GM could make one but it would have the same HP as a reguler vamp. It would just be easyer to hit +2 because its the size of a barn.
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

I thought secondary vampires could be considered optional RCC's?
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
jedi078
Champion
Comment: The next group of player characters to surrender in one of my games are going to play Russian roulette.

Unread post by jedi078 »

taalismn wrote:Zentraedi, with proper protection, might well take up dino ranching...

Basara, came up with that idea with his Rift Tech idea.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem".
Ronald Reagan, President of the United States; 1985
taalismn
Priest

jedi078 wrote:
taalismn wrote:Zentraedi, with proper protection, might well take up dino ranching...

Basara, came up with that idea with his Rift Tech idea.

And dino-drawn golf carts too, as I recall....but the trade in monster-hide wasn't addressed, nor the usefulness of thunderbeetle shell in making handtooled custome leather Zentraedi padded jackets(and other things).
Of course, some portions or Xiticix are also useful, though harvesting them takes a lot of work(and the fuel air explosives leads to a lot of wastage...). I prefer tanned Black Horned Wing Men hide myself, because the wing membranes cure well...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

That would beggar the question if Vampires are really PPE parasites for whom the draining of life fluid is merely a facilitator to the process, or, like Psi-Stalkers, they need specific chemistry/supplemental material to stay in their state of optimal undeath...the former would conceivably be able to feed on anything with a liquid(non-corrosive) circulatory fluid, while the latter could only feed on specific species/blood chemistries....a vampirized Zentraedi might be a very narrow-niche predator...large masses of human(oids) or other Zentraedi.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

darkmax wrote:
taalismn wrote:That would beggar the question if Vampires are really PPE parasites for whom the draining of life fluid is merely a facilitator to the process, or, like Psi-Stalkers, they need specific chemistry/supplemental material to stay in their state of optimal undeath...the former would conceivably be able to feed on anything with a liquid(non-corrosive) circulatory fluid, while the latter could only feed on specific species/blood chemistries....a vampirized Zentraedi might be a very narrow-niche predator...large masses of human(oids) or other Zentraedi.

So would you allow a vampiric Zentraedi to micronized? Since essentially, the Zentraedi is no longer "normal".
I'd say no because they no longer have the DNA that the protoculture manpulates. But the vampiric form has already been discussed and many agree that no matter what the previous form of the vampire looked like, they all become "human", because that is a vampire, not just a blood drinking critter with fangs.
taalismn
Priest

Agreed...Vampirism is a dominant alien infestation, like a virus rewritting its host's DNA to its own ends...A vampirized Zentraedi could no longer micronize nor macronize....since both the necessary DNA sequences are corrupted, and the Protoculture Chamber machinery would no longer recognize the neo-vampire as living matter...vampires are 'undead' after all.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

darkmax wrote:Yeew! Feels like aliens slugs crawling under my skins!!!

Actually it's a big mult-headed slug sending its phsyic essence to infect and corrupt other lifeforms into becoming extensions of its will...
While gods and goddesses draw their sustanence through impressing and gathering worshippers, Vampire Intelligences(or the LOrd of the Deep for that matter) just do a more direct approach(now there's a rivalry that would be interesting.....Lord of the Deep vs Vampire Intelligence)...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Actually, the idea of a Splugorth Biowizardry-enhanced Zentraedi was an idea I used for the background of an NPC....Splugorth expedition in the Sout Seas finds crashed Meltran starship filled with stasis capsules of giant females...the Splugorth begin experimentation, mutating one of the giant women, with the intent of coring her brain for use as a giant godzilla-like telepresence proxy bio-droid, only before the process is half-way complete, the giant alien intelligence slumbering under the island partially awakens. Using astral/dream projection, the alien god-being infiltrates the half-insane Meltran's mind, and makes her its Avatar, lending her enough of its power so that she breaks loose and slays the Splugorth minions. Then, using magical healing, excises the worst of the Bio-Wizardry, but taking a symbiotic graft of her patron alien intelligence, the Meltrandi is set up as the representative Avatar of the alien 'goddess', providing leadership and protection to a small coalition of Pacific islands...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Actually, the idea of a Splugorth Biowizardry-enhanced Zentraedi was an idea I used for the background of an NPC....Splugorth expedition in the Sout Seas finds crashed Meltran starship filled with stasis capsules of giant females...the Splugorth begin experimentation, mutating one of the giant women, with the intent of coring her brain for use as a giant godzilla-like telepresence proxy bio-droid, only before the process is half-way complete, the giant alien intelligence slumbering under the island partially awakens. Using astral/dream projection, the alien god-being infiltrates the half-insane Meltran's mind, and makes her its Avatar, lending her enough of its power so that she breaks loose and slays the Splugorth minions. Then, using magical healing, excises the worst of the Bio-Wizardry, but taking a symbiotic graft of her patron alien intelligence, the Meltrandi is set up as the representative Avatar of the alien 'goddess', providing leadership and protection to a small coalition of Pacific islands...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Hystrix
Champion

Unread post by Hystrix »

A while back I suggested to make a Zentreadi zombie and cast Fagile Bone to MDC bone spell on it. Presto a 50' zombie with 15,000 MDC... :eek:
Hystrix, the Post Killer, Destroyer of Threads
taalismn
Priest

darkmax wrote:Hmm... much of this reminds me of that old 80s movie called Lifepods....
Vampires from outer space.

Another grade-d movie I'll have to research to keep up on the allusions... :-)
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

darkmax wrote:Hmm... much of this reminds me of that old 80s movie called Lifepods....

Another grade-d movie I'll have to research to keep up on the allusions... :-)
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

darkmax wrote:
taalismn wrote:Actually, the idea of a Splugorth Biowizardry-enhanced Zentraedi was an idea I used for the background of an NPC....Splugorth expedition in the Sout Seas finds crashed Meltran starship filled with stasis capsules of giant females...the Splugorth begin experimentation, mutating one of the giant women, with the intent of coring her brain for use as a giant godzilla-like telepresence proxy bio-droid, only before the process is half-way complete, the giant alien intelligence slumbering under the island partially awakens. Using astral/dream projection, the alien god-being infiltrates the half-insane Meltran's mind, and makes her its Avatar, lending her enough of its power so that she breaks loose and slays the Splugorth minions. Then, using magical healing, excises the worst of the Bio-Wizardry, but taking a symbiotic graft of her patron alien intelligence, the Meltrandi is set up as the representative Avatar of the alien 'goddess', providing leadership and protection to a small coalition of Pacific islands...

Hmm... much of this reminds me of that old 80s movie called Lifepods....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

darkmax wrote:err... Taalismn I can see what you have written......

Sorry, the Board started acting sluggish and I had to log out and log back in...

But, I was saying...Another grade-c movie I'll have to research just to complete my knowledge of schlock sci-fi...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Return to “Rifts®”