Taking Requests for food to bring!

For discussion of the Palladium Open House, both past (May 2006 & May 2007) and possible future Open Houses. Who's going, games you're running or looking to play, etc.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Rabid Southern Cross Fan
Champion

Unread post by Rabid Southern Cross Fan »

Heh, and here I was thinking that bringing MREs would be the strangest thing.... :P
Vinny
Adventurer

Unread post by Vinny »

gmask1 wrote:I was going to bring some Vegemite with me - the timeless Aussie favorite spread. It's a bit like Marmite, and makes a great ingredient in all kinds of dishes...

Ok, and unless you've been eating it since birth, there's a 99% chance that you'll hate it. Aussies live for the expressions of pain that accompany eating Vegemite for the first time (grown men can cry... :) )

Vegemite, now illegal in the States.
The Phoenix is Coming!
Josh Sinsapaugh
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Re: Taking Requests for food to bring!

Unread post by Josh Sinsapaugh »

Shinitenshi wrote:Hey everyone I'm going to be cooking for the open house. If anyone wants to shoot me some requests I would be happy to take them into consideration. If there is a certain flavor of cookie or a certain munchie you really like, let me know and I'll see what I can do. :D

Snicker Doodles.

That's all I'm going to say.

:)

~ Josh
The Galactus Kid
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

ANYKIND of baked goods.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Warwolf
Comment: I am the Alpha of the Omega...
...The First of The Last...
...and this is the beginning of your end.

Unread post by Warwolf »

Shinitenshi wrote:Well I love to bake so I'll just spend all of Thursday baking and cooking to feed all you guys.
Nothing like buttering up all the people I think are awesome so they let me in their games. :wink:

Chocolate chip cookies are a must and haystacks (chow-mein noodle cookies) are a favorite as well. :)
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Warwolf is right... you can sig that. ~ TGK
I refuse to participate in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. ~ Me
Warwolf

Unread post by Warwolf »

Shinitenshi wrote:Chocolate chip cookies were a given and I've been wanting to try out making haystacks so now I got another guinea pig :D

As long as they aren't cyanide flavored, count me in. :D
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Carl Gleba
Comment: Lord of Chaos!

Unread post by Carl Gleba »

How about oatmeal cookies.... my favorite :ok:

Carl
Last edited by Carl Gleba on Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
GhostKnight
Adventurer

Unread post by GhostKnight »

Sushi.
Recovery? Only for the rich and 20 counties.
Anti-Nuclear = Anti-Salmon
PC = Patronizing Cretin
The World Clock
Real Economic Statistics
Josh Sinsapaugh
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Unread post by Josh Sinsapaugh »

Shinitenshi wrote:Now ribs I can do! Maybe we should set up a grill outside and have a barbeque :D :lol:

People were actually suggesting that a few months back, and it actually would be a good idea.

Either Palladium staffers (who live nearby) could bring their grills, or someone could rent a big one.

-------

Damnit... this post has made me hungry...

~ Josh
Warwolf

Unread post by Warwolf »

Shinitenshi wrote:Too bad you weren't here for our Halloween party tonight. I had, min cresent wienies, chicken salad crossionts, swedish meatballsm chili cheese dip, BLT dip, veggies and dip, hummus, ham, ham roll-ups, pasta salad, pineapple upside down cupcakes a few other things and over 120 jello shots. We've been having a great time, wish you guys could be here. :D

So do I, I'm just trolling the boards tonight. :-?
Brian Manning
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist
Comment: I'm the King of Rock, There is none higher!
Sucka MC's should call me sire!

Unread post by Brian Manning »

I think asking us what we want to eat at the Open House is just plain trouble...maybe we should set up some kind of fund to help finance this colossal task.

Oh yeah, brownies.
Artwork • Social Media • Writing • Shenanigans
Brian-Manning.com
ApocalypseZero
Adventurer
Comment: Also known as: Lonnie Langston

Unread post by ApocalypseZero »

gmask1 wrote:
Vinny wrote:
gmask1 wrote:I was going to bring some Vegemite with me - the timeless Aussie favorite spread. It's a bit like Marmite, and makes a great ingredient in all kinds of dishes...

Ok, and unless you've been eating it since birth, there's a 99% chance that you'll hate it. Aussies live for the expressions of pain that accompany eating Vegemite for the first time (grown men can cry... :) )

It's not quite that bad... while that was certainly what the media was telling us over the weekend, it's apparently been a little over-exagerated.

While Vegemite does contain folate, an ingredient used only in breads and cereals in the US, it apparently doesn't violate the importation laws.

I've done a lot of international travelling, and I'm bringing Vegemite... I don't think I'd feel right leaving it at home! :D

Just to add a bit of clarification (in case anyone thought he was joking), as of Oct. 23, Vegemite is now illegal in the US. Odd how this comes up here, when my wife was asking about it a couple nights ago.
Only Time Will Tell, Unfortunately The Bastard Never Speaks.
Prince Artemis
Voice of the Gateway
Comment: I love how people are quick to make demands, make spurious claims and then play the victim when you call them on it.
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, CANADA. NOT Austrailia, CANADA.

Unread post by Prince Artemis »

i suggest something big that you can make before hand and just bring in the pot like chili, spagetti, chowder or soup.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

before you set out to bring wine, you should check with Palladium to see if it (the wine) can be brought into the open house.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Carl Gleba

The Deific NMI wrote:before you set out to bring wine, you should check with Palladium to see if it (the wine) can be brought into the open house.

I'm sure there will be a fair number of people under the legal drinking age at the open house. Its probably not a good idea for anyone to bring any kind of alcoholic beverages. Lets look out for Palladium's best interests :ok:

Carl
ImageImage
Carl Gleba

I like my morning coffee? :)
ImageImage
rat_bastard
Kreelockian
Comment: Maybe if my sig line is clever enough someone will finally love me.

Unread post by rat_bastard »

I'm trying to figure out the logistic s of bringing a french press and a grinder because I am a coffee snob, I would prefere lower fat options in the way of food, I don't last long on the usual gamer fare of fried this and that.
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
The Galactus Kid

I believe there is a request for some brownies, but I'll let Ninja Bunny tell you all about that...
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

Prince Artemis
Voice of the Gateway
Comment: I love how people are quick to make demands, make spurious claims and then play the victim when you call them on it.
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, CANADA. NOT Austrailia, CANADA.

Unread post by Prince Artemis »

Maybe I should have a demonstration of my 'imitiation' meals. Good meals that cost less the $5 that do an excellent job of imitiating meals that take 20 minutes and usually $10-$15 to make.

There's also my patented 'Beef-Rice Boritos'
rat_bastard
Kreelockian
Comment: Maybe if my sig line is clever enough someone will finally love me.

Unread post by rat_bastard »

OK few questions bout food and acomodations, anyone who works at the warehouse or has been to the last open house can answer.

#1 is there access to the following: A stove top, a microwave, a power outlet, a sink, a sink with a garbage disposal, a refridgerator.

#2 what kind of food is provided, and what kind of food is easy to access (like is there a pizza place down the street or a mini-mart etc.).
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
Carl Gleba

rat_bastard wrote:OK few questions bout food and acomodations, anyone who works at the warehouse or has been to the last open house can answer.

#1 is there access to the following: A stove top, a microwave, a power outlet, a sink, a sink with a garbage disposal, a refridgerator.

#2 what kind of food is provided, and what kind of food is easy to access (like is there a pizza place down the street or a mini-mart etc.).

No for #1. Except for the sink in the bathrooms :shock:

For #2 Palladium brought in a variety of snacks like chips, candy bars, pop, water, and Pizza was delivered and people could buy it by the slice as I recall. I didn't get to eat much with all the activity so I'm sure someone else can elaborate on the food. As I recall prices were reasonable and I think just enough for PB to make their money back plus a few extra cents on the dollar. I don't recall any of the prices sorry.

Carl
ImageImage
highpriestrsw2
Explorer

Unread post by highpriestrsw2 »

I'm attempting to get the green light from the wife to go.
If so I'll bring whatever needs to be brought for a massive pot of chili!
anyone else in?
" Forward Clucky! To battle!"
-MrGiggles
Ravenwing
Hero
Comment: Chaplain of the CS.

Unread post by Ravenwing »

highpriestrsw2 wrote:I'm attempting to get the green light from the wife to go.
anyone else in?

Are we talking real Texas chilli ? Or that stuff that posses as chilli up north? If the first I'll bring the chilli's .
Jason Richards

Unread post by Jason Richards »

rat_bastard wrote:OK few questions bout food and acomodations, anyone who works at the warehouse or has been to the last open house can answer.

You're coming to game and hang out, not take over their office! You're that pain of an uncle/cousin/friend that comes over uninvited and doesn't clean up when he leaves, aren't you?
Support the Breachworld RPG! This D6 RPG is full-color and packed with handcrafted gaming goodness.

Get the whole scoop at http://www.breachworld.com
Jason Richards

Unread post by Jason Richards »

Ravenwing wrote:
anyone else in?

Are we talking real Texas chilli ? Or that stuff that posses as chilli up north? If the first I'll bring the chilli's .

I'd also like to point out that real chili doesn't have beans in it. :ok:
Support the Breachworld RPG! This D6 RPG is full-color and packed with handcrafted gaming goodness.

Get the whole scoop at http://www.breachworld.com
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

A gentleman @ the table I was GM'ing for, bought (from Palladium) 2 boxes of pizzas for the group. I think PB was selling slices for perhaps 2$ ea and cans (or was it bottles) of soda for 1$? I could be wrong.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Ravenwing
Hero
Comment: Chaplain of the CS.

Unread post by Ravenwing »

Jason Richards wrote:
Ravenwing wrote:
anyone else in?

I'd also like to point out that real chili doesn't have beans in it. :ok:

Oh ya baby!! Meat, and chilli's and some peppers ( Does homer inpression) "Chilllllllliiiiiii"
Damian Magecraft
Knight
Comment: Evil GM
Master of Magics
Defender of the Faith

Unread post by Damian Magecraft »

chocolate oatmeal no-bake cookies!
buckeyes!

two of my favs...
and the way my mom makes them just smelling them while she cooks is enough to give you sugar shock....
DM is correct by the way. - Ninjabunny
It's a shoddy carpenter who blames his tools. - Killer Cyborg
Every group has one problem player. If you cannot spot the one in your group; look in the mirror.
It is not a good session until at least one player looks you in the eye and says "you sick twisted evil ****"
Damian Magecraft
Knight
Comment: Evil GM
Master of Magics
Defender of the Faith

Unread post by Damian Magecraft »

Citizen Lazlo wrote:
Damian Magecraft wrote:buckeyes!

GODS NO!!!!!!

Please the acursed things are all over in Ohio why in the name of Asimov do you want them as a special request?!?!?!?!?!

:shock:

:P

:D

umm cause i live here in ohio and buckeyes (peanutbutter balls dipped in chocolate) are the best sugar rush ever...
DM is correct by the way. - Ninjabunny
It's a shoddy carpenter who blames his tools. - Killer Cyborg
Every group has one problem player. If you cannot spot the one in your group; look in the mirror.
It is not a good session until at least one player looks you in the eye and says "you sick twisted evil ****"
The Galactus Kid

Are you coming to the open house, EPIC?

Subjugator
Palladium Books® Super Fan

Unread post by Subjugator »

gmask1 wrote:I'll also be bringing Tim Tams, and (if anyone is a wine buff) a couple of bottles of red. Maybe the wine can accompany your cooking?

Would ya do me a fave and bring me either some musk sticks or some musk flavored Life Savers?

I like to torture my kids with 'em.

/Sub
There's a reason...and a very good one...that I have certain people in this forum blocked both here and on Facebook.

I can see an illustration of that nearly every time I come here.
Subjugator

Vinny wrote:

Urban legend.

/Sub
There's a reason...and a very good one...that I have certain people in this forum blocked both here and on Facebook.

Subjugator

I think I can provide funding for some of this stuff, though I pretty much suck at making things myself.

As of right now, put me in for $50 toward some sort of noshies.

/Sub

Maryann
Adventurer

Unread post by Maryann »

Citizen Lazlo wrote:
Damian Magecraft wrote:
Citizen Lazlo wrote:
Damian Magecraft wrote:buckeyes!

GODS NO!!!!!!

Please the acursed things are all over in Ohio why in the name of Asimov do you want them as a special request?!?!?!?!?!

:shock:

:P

:D

umm cause i live here in ohio and buckeyes (peanutbutter balls dipped in chocolate) are the best sugar rush ever...

To each their own!

My wife loves them. But she was born here, I on the other hand am a Detroit native.

........oh the fights in my house, and my poor children born as Buckeyes.

:lol: :? :lol:

I'm right there with ya Laz, Buckeyes ewwwww!

I think I'm going to send a surprise over to the open house ... from the west side of Detroit ...
Snoopy and Charlie Brown are (c) Peanuts Worldwide.
"Besser ein Ende mit Schrecken als ein Schrecken ohne Ende." ( A frightening end is better than an endless fright) -- Nelly
You called down the thunder, well now you got it!
Oh what A tangled web we weave ...

Greyaxe
Champion
Comment: Role playing is not my hobby, it is my lifestyle.

Unread post by Greyaxe »

I know a delicious recipie i think we need to have at the open house.

PRIME RIB STEAKS for everybody!!

It will be cheap only 20$ per steak :lol:
Sureshot wrote:Listen you young whippersnappers in my day we had to walk for 15 no 30 miles to the nearest game barefoot both ways. We had real books not PDFS and we carried them on carts we pulled ourselves that we built by hand. We had Thaco and we were happy. If we needed dice we carved ours out of wood. Petrified wood just because we could.
Warwolf

Unread post by Warwolf »

Ninjabunny wrote:
Shinitenshi wrote:Bunny, your not allowed to post on here. I have to feed you everyday.....no special requests for you :lol:
:(
Look at it this way, you get awesome meals every day (unlike a poor college student such as myself... gourmet Ramen anyone?)!
Subjugator

Evil_Brak wrote:Myself and three friends are flying up from texas this has inspired me to bring a load of tamales , something that I doubt many people get up there in michigan to often.

YOU CAN GET GOOD TAMALES?

Um. How much for about fifty of 'em?

Seriously.

/Sub

Warwolf

Unread post by Warwolf »

Evil_Brak wrote:Myself and three friends are flying up from texas this has inspired me to bring a load of tamales , something that I doubt many people get up there in michigan to often.

Hmm... a Palladium tamale eating contest... now there's an idea. :demon:
Warwolf

Unread post by Warwolf »

the_robot wrote:
Warwolf wrote:Look at it this way, you get awesome meals every day (unlike a poor college student such as myself... gourmet Ramen anyone?)!

Get a proper spice rack. We had one at the house I used to live in, making stuff for next to nothing (or actually nothing) is super easy as long as you have a spice rack. And for Ramen...just add meat or cheese...or both.

And my only request is Cheese-Its, but I'll probably bring my own box or two...

The hook there is that I have to be able to AFFORD a spice rack. I guess I didn't emphasize the "poor" part of the title enough. :?

Return to “Palladium Open House”