randomer item table

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

CyCo
Hero

Unread post by CyCo »

While traveling across the wilderness, the party see something glinting in the distance. What they find is a very large, wooden skull of some predator. It's as large as a two story house, and carved out of some type of hard wood, bleached near white from long exposure to the sun and the elements.

Or is it? Close examination will reveal that while made of wood, the skull has all the usual markings, growth patterns, muscle anchorage points, fused bone from past fractures.

If the party decide to dig down into the ground next to the base of the skull, they'll find a vertebrae....
Eureka!
I Want Rifts : Australia II & III...!!
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

CyCo wrote:#32

While traveling across the wilderness, the party see something glinting in the distance. What they find is a very large, wooden skull of some predator. It's as large as a two story house, and carved out of some type of hard wood, bleached near white from long exposure to the sun and the elements.

Or is it? Close examination will reveal that while made of wood, the skull has all the usual markings, growth patterns, muscle anchorage points, fused bone from past fractures.

If the party decide to dig down into the ground next to the base of the skull, they'll find a vertebrae....
:? Sounds cool but what is it from?...

#33 A PC trips. Looking back to see what it was, they see part of a metal loop sticking out from the ground. If a player pulls it out it begins to glow and a note on a piece of paper (which has miraculously survived all the elements) reads "For my lover may the challenges this brings guide you to your rebirth, I'll see you in the Spring." Everyone in the party gets the strong feeling that it needs to be put down IMMEDIATELY... except the holder, who is enthralled with it.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
CyCo
Hero

Unread post by CyCo »

Zer0 Kay wrote:

That's for the GM to decide. It just sprung from my imagination.

Should add, that the wooden skull is made from just two pieces of wood, the skull and lower mandible.
Eureka!
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

CyCo wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:

That's for the GM to decide. It just sprung from my imagination.

Should add, that the wooden skull is made from just two pieces of wood, the skull and lower mandible.
:ok: cool... very fertile place that be :D
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
CyCo
Hero

Unread post by CyCo »

Thanks Zer0 Kay, though some would say that my fertile imagination is just because my head is full of useless ****. lol

#35.

A small square of cardboard, seems to be the back of a small cardboard box. One the shiny side, is the instructions on how to use toothpicks.

8]
Eureka!
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

EPIC wrote:37 - jimmy hoffa

Already done!! :P

06- Jimmy Hoffa alive playing strip poker with Janis Joplin and losing
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

[quote="CyCo"]Thanks Zer0 Kay, though some would say that my fertile imagination is just because my head is full of useless ****. lol

No Prob... nothing wrong with good fertilizer :D

#39 a post it note that fell of of the door in #38. It reads "Do not open door... I forget why."
Snuffy
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Snuffy »

45. A hula-hoop bobble doll for the dash of a vehicle. When the bobble doll starts to really bobble (vehicle on rough terrain), the vehicle magically doesn't leave any tracks. Completely useless for flying vehicles.
CyCo
Hero

Unread post by CyCo »

A barrel of monkeys.

If opened near a leyline, instead of plastic monkeys, a pack of winged, flying monkeys flies out of the barrel and will attack all in the area. Use the stats of a lesser demon, according to your groups power level. There will be 2d4 + 1 per character in the group.

If you can summon Jefe, the monkeys will fly back into the barrel in terror. Otherwise, after attacking the party for 2 minutes, they will fly off into the distance.

If opened in the presence of a Rift, they will have the stats of a Balrog or like demon. Hope the party is powerful!!
Eureka!
Snuffy
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Snuffy »

CyCo wrote:#49

A barrel of monkeys.

If opened near a leyline, instead of plastic monkeys, a pack of winged, flying monkeys flies out of the barrel and will attack all in the area. Use the stats of a lesser demon, according to your groups power level. There will be 2d4 + 1 per character in the group.

If you can summon Jefe, the monkeys will fly back into the barrel in terror. Otherwise, after attacking the party for 2 minutes, they will fly off into the distance.

If opened in the presence of a Rift, they will have the stats of a Balrog or like demon. Hope the party is powerful!!

How near to a ley line for flying monkeys?
CyCo
Hero

Unread post by CyCo »

Snuffy wrote:
CyCo wrote:#49

A barrel of monkeys.

How near to a ley line for flying monkeys?

Details like that are up to the GM. But around 1 mile sounds good.
Eureka!
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Zephyr_Stormwing wrote:44. Jesus.
What so are we going to find Jose or Juan next? :P

#50 When traveling through tornado alley the party finds what appears to be two curled up stalkings, found under the corner of a house.
Shadyslug
Hero
Comment: Ding ding ding there goes my wagon...

Unread post by Shadyslug »

99. The Cosmic Forge coloring book complete with Universal Map
Often times, we must atone for the sins of the father...
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

100... I mean 53. A counting book with the numbers between 51 and 99 torn out. :nh:
Shorty Lickens
Hero
Comment: Arrrrgggghhhh!

Unread post by Shorty Lickens »

#54 (? Maybe?)

A Lesser Limitless Rod of Frost.
Casts magical homing frost bolts that do 6d6 SDC up to a range of 400 feet. The rod works an infinite number of times but once activated only lasts for 48 hours and then disintegrates. (1 bolt per melee action.)
Stay tuned for the Greater Limitless Rod of Frost later this evening.

(Sorry for the D&D-like item, but I was getting tired of all the silly crap on the list.)
http://incompetech.com/graphpaper/
Create and print dozens of different graph papers.
Shadyslug
Hero

#54 was on page 5...and maybe again on page 8...I don't know...Arithmatic in America doesn't include counting sequentially...

#98: $1000 McDonald's gift card...
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

:shock: :frust:
#58 sureptitiously renumberd #54 because #54 was too serious :D A great big box of a rare element... common sense, especially when dealing with the knowledge that with so many pages it is quite likely that more than one randomer item list exists in this thread.

If you go through all of it you will realize that there is at least 3 different lists and though a number or three have been skipped we do know... generally, how to count from 1 to a hundred. So though America may have its educational issues being able to read from first post to last is not one of them. BTW if you look through the pages you will find that each list has been consolidated into a single post... eventually.
Last edited by Zer0 Kay on Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Shorty Lickens wrote:#54 (? Maybe?)

A Lesser Limitless Rod of Frost.
Casts magical homing frost bolts that do 6d6 SDC up to a range of 400 feet. The rod works an infinite number of times but once activated only lasts for 48 hours and then disintegrates. (1 bolt per melee action.)
Stay tuned for the Greater Limitless Rod of Frost later this evening.

(Sorry for the D&D-like item, but I was getting tired of all the silly crap on the list.)
Uh... but that is the POINT of the RANDOMER item list. If you want to make serious items then add that to the multitude of random item lists. :P

#54 revoked for being too serious :lol:
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

EPIC wrote:#55 ... the partially filmed but never released [and somewhat prophetic] Rifts Movie still in a film can. is actually only good for stock footage. this item is cursed and whoever has it in their possession will find themselves unable to complete any tasks that they set out to do, leaving them all half finished and incomplete.
So do you ever get to the part where you see you doing what you aren't going to finish?

EPIC wrote:#56 ... a zombyfied talking head. the damn thing is cursed to forever talk your bloody ear off and will not shut up. once found it magically travels with the character wherever they happen to go. if they leave it behind, it will teleport to their exact location [say appear in their backpack, passenger seat of their vehicle or hotel room for example]. there is also something about it that reminds you of your now late grandmother who constantly nagged at you for not doing anything important with your life. [\quote] Oh that is great I'm going to have to use this one... I can just imagine the mumbled chattering coming out of the backpack, the character plugging their ears and eventually going on a quest just to destroy this artifact... hopefully they won't find the 1/2 Rifts movie :D

EPIC wrote:#57 ... a partially eaten 6 foot long sub sandwich that looks like it was left behind a home furnace for about a month. this item is also cursed, and the first person to find it is filled with an irresistible urge to eat it and the character will not be able to throw it away either. "can't let a good sandwich go to waste"
Um... yuck so the sister artifact must be the prehistoric (at least for rifts) green wooly pizza.
Shadyslug
Hero

62: Poo
Shadyslug
Hero

#69 - whoopie cushion
Shadyslug
Hero

#97 - Blank Check from Jesus...
9voltkilowatt
Adventurer

Unread post by 9voltkilowatt »

#98: Moon bridge, a magical passage that will allow anyone that passes through to appear on the surface of the moon (random location). Hope you have power armor on!
CyCo
Hero

Unread post by CyCo »

Um, have problems with counting Shady??
Eureka!
9voltkilowatt
Adventurer

Oops ...guess i should have looked at the numbers my self.

#75: you find 98 Moon bridge', a magical passage that will allow anyone that passes through to appear on the surface of the moon. While on the surface of the moon you also find a set of #74. :D
CyCo
Hero

Unread post by CyCo »

I'll go ahead an fill in the blanks then. 8]

An ever plentiful container of toothpicks.

An everclean spittoon. These two items are cherished out West. ;)

A set of Victorian silverware. When used correctly, will give a +15% bonus
to skills used during dinner. Eg, Oratory type skills used during discussion over the meal.

A set of vintage fireproof racing drivers underclothing. Can be worn under body armour if desired. Will halve all sdc based fire damage. No protection to mdc fire damage. Will give a social bonus of +10% to any Operator or Driver/Pilot Occ.

A pair of vintage sneakers. Gives a +10% to prowl in an urban enviroment.
Eureka!
CyCo
Hero

Unread post by CyCo »

A pair of runners. Adds +1d4 to your Speed Attribute while worn.
Eureka!
9voltkilowatt
Adventurer

#77: A corpse. If DNA and carbon dating are performed it will be descovered to be your own body ...only its 200 years old!
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

CyCo wrote:#76

???? do you mean two people running or the strips of plastic down isles or is that what they call sneakers where your from?
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

#79 Your traveling through Arkansas when you find a corpse DNA testing shows that it's you... but the corpse has an ID with a picture of you but with your fathers name showing that he is under the age of 21 and what must be a fake ID with your grandfathers name. You always wondered why your dad said you were a chip off the old block... guess you need to go find that Rift now and get your grandma :puke: and mom :ewww: pregnant with you... and you... so what is your son going to be like... never mind. Hey isn't the universe supposed to implode if you do stuff like that?
CyCo
Hero

Unread post by CyCo »

Zer0 Kay wrote:

???? do you mean two people running or the strips of plastic down isles or is that what they call sneakers where your from?

They can go by various names, runners, sneakers, joggers, trainers.... guess it depends on what their original design is for.

So yeah, I meant a pair of footwear.

8]
Eureka!
9voltkilowatt
Adventurer

Zer0 Kay wrote:#79 Your traveling through Arkansas when you find a corpse DNA testing shows that it's you... but the corpse has an ID with a picture of you but with your fathers name showing that he is under the age of 21 and what must be a fake ID with your grandfathers name. You always wondered why your dad said you were a chip off the old block... guess you need to go find that Rift now and get your grandma :puke: and mom :ewww: pregnant with you... and you... so what is your son going to be like... never mind. Hey isn't the universe supposed to implode if you do stuff like that?

Ah Rifts ...making the impossible possible! :-)

#77:A warehouse filled to brim with hundreds of pre-rifts guns and equipment. Curiously, everthing has a a label on it that says "Property of Paramount Studios".

And just so theres no confusion we are on # 80 next.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

CyCo wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:

They can go by various names, runners, sneakers, joggers, trainers.... guess it depends on what their original design is for.

So yeah, I meant a pair of footwear.

8]

Oh... ok... but if it is dependant on design what are sneakers used for? :D
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Thanks for the #80 note
#80 A hard copy record of the last few pages of this thread. Save vs. coma or be forced to look at the pages. After "reading" it (even the illiterate can somehow do so) the character is utterly confused and will forget what s/he is doing. To make matters worse that character will ask other to see if they can understand it. It is the thread that never ends it goes on and on my friend somebody started posting on it not knowing what it was and they'll continue posting on it just because... (rinse and repeat until brain is clean) :crazy:
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

#82 A 10' pole. If someone holding the pole attempts to touch something with the pole they can't. Benefit??? Nothing can touch someone holding the 10' pole... including the ground they walkED on.
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Someone please find this 'lazardo' or whatever the real name is behind the false monikers and have him/it vaped with extreme prejudice, please?
Or have those obviously self-serving, non-contributing, commercial plugs removed?
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
CyCo
Hero

Unread post by CyCo »

taalismn wrote:Someone please find this 'lazardo' or whatever the real name is behind the false monikers and have him/it vaped with extreme prejudice, please?
Or have those obviously self-serving, non-contributing, commercial plugs removed?

It's called spam.

Hmm....

#83.

A can of Spam. When opened, it reveals a mass of compacted, pink, jellified 'meat' like substance. Though it bears little taste, it makes for a great 'filler' in salads & omelettes. When added to a meal in this way, it cures either 1d4x10 SDC, HP or MDC. Served thusly, it will serve/cure 4 people. Eaten straight from the can, it will cure 1d6x10, but only for one person, who will eat all the contents within the can. However, the individual in question will feel slightly ill, with a -1/-10 to all dice rolls.
Eureka!
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

2001 A Space Odessy
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin
Comment: Full of Love and C-4, give me a hug.

Unread post by Mech-Viper Prime »

Jefffar wrote:84.2001 A Space Odessy

85. Coalition Recruitment poster
86. NEMA Recruitment poster
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
CyCo
Hero

Unread post by CyCo »

A Palladium recruitment poster.
Eureka!
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

#88. a signed copy of Rifts
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Mech-Viper Prime wrote:
Jefffar wrote:84.2001 A Space Odessy

85. Coalition Recruitment poster
86. NEMA Recruitment poster
Of course the poses, paper and wording are the exact same right :D
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

#90 An invitation for dinner for you from XYZ. The person who finds this can show it to anyone and that person will understand that, that household has invited the player(s) to dinner. The dinner will be friendly and hospitable (even topics of religion or government will not upset either side... even if disgusted by certain viewpoints) even if both sides normally despise each other (the character(s) can use this to garner information which would be talked about at a table among friends but will not be able to draw out classified or higher information. Either side will also not be able to attack.) At the end all dinner guests will remember who was there and what was said but will wake up in there own beds (nifty way to teleport back home too... could be lame for some people.)
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

#91. A early 21st century laptop still connect to a website posting board called Forums of the Megaverse. :D

Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

#92. a case of plastic Robots who can change into cars, trucks, airplane , handguns , and dinosuars

Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

#93. a trailer of box of small blocks of different sizes and colors in various themes, themes include a space opera, space explorer, underwater, city ,farming , sports and animals.

Nxla666
Champion

Unread post by Nxla666 »

#94: A green plush doll of some D-bee with multiple tentacles over its mouth wearing a rhinestoe encrusted high collared jumpsuit.
"You WILL believe that all people have an inherent right to follow their own path to enlightenment in the spiritual manner of their choice or we will burn you at the stake!!!"~Slag
hahaha NXLA for the win.-- Galactus Kid x2
Bah. Immortality and marriage are just 2 things that should never mix. Any kind of prolongued lifespan shouldn't be burdened with monogamy.- Alejandro
Knowledge is power, power corrupts, study hard, be evil.
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

#95. The Complete First Season of The Biggest Loser

Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

#97 A snide comment on a piece of paper that mentions how many times random lists appear in a random list making it not quite so random.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

#98 A copy of the Rifts coloring book... you suddenly notice that you are just a line drawing with no color... and so is the world around you.

Return to “Rifts®”