Gaint Sized Weapons

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

clawingwolf
Explorer

Gaint Sized Weapons

Unread post by clawingwolf »

One of my players was wondering if he could use the gaint size two handed vibro blade that the daemon was using. What would be the strength requirment for using a twohanded gaint sized sword or any gaint sized weapon?

Also in Atlantis can daemons buy gaint sized engery rifles and pistols?
Razzinold
Hero
Comment: HTTP 404 [witty comment not found]

Unread post by Razzinold »

To wield giant sized weapons, in my opinion, I'd assume that you would need some form of augmented strength, juicer, borg, mutant.
As for the market, it's your game, they can find anything you want them to find there! But why the obsession with giant weapons ? They are bigger but depending on the type of rifle the damages are not that much different, I know some do heavy damage but I think some of the E-rifles the giant size only does a few points more damage. Check Triax for some examples.
Juankis
Wanderer

Unread post by Juankis »

In the SoT: Sorcerer's Revenge book, in one of the automatons descriptions, it mentions that if anyone wants to use his weapon other than a giant robot/other automaton, the character would need a P.S. of no loss than 25, and unless he hass augmented or supernatural strength there was a strike penalty.

That is just one example of the giant weapon usage, I'm sure there are many other interpretations, but this is the one that comes to mind right now.
"If you want something done, ask. If you want something done quickly, ask, and then begin counting down from ten with no explanation."
- Mahatma Gandhi
"Unit be the side of darkeness"
Spark
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Spark »

In Mindwerks they talk about giant weapons. They mention that a typical human size person has a penalty of -2 to -5 (don't have the book), and unless you're 8" feet tall you can't use them with out penalties. Reason/logic behind it is that it's difficult to handle.

I might make an exception to this as I have a 7 foot character who's also got Supernatual strength, so it might be possible for him to weld it, though again to be fair I might give him a penalty still.
Shadyslug
Hero
Comment: Ding ding ding there goes my wagon...

Unread post by Shadyslug »

First...you need to have big hands...
Often times, we must atone for the sins of the father...
Blight
Champion

Unread post by Blight »

My favorite oversized rifle is the mega-rifle of the TC-Gargoyle Stopper. The damage for the size kinda blows, but with a 8000 ft range and the ablity to recharge with the guns own power source....And heck it just looks cool! :D It is still my secound favorite gun in the game...
Kryzbyn
Hero
Comment: How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.
Ronald Reagan

Unread post by Kryzbyn »

interesting idea...
I just rolled up a Lightning Warrior from China 2 with a 47 augmented Strength. :P

BAD MOMMA DOG-FACE BANANA PATCH
"Well said, Kryzbyn! :ok: " -Killer Cyborg
"...I have to agree with the questions and comments made by Kryzbyn." - The man himself, Kevin Siembieda
+100 "acting like a real man" points - DLDC
"Damnit, we agree on something. It's time to rethink my position." - Misfit KotLD
HIPPIES ARE WHAT D-BEES EAT
Nxla666
Champion

Unread post by Nxla666 »

He watches a lot of anime doesnt he? :lol:
"You WILL believe that all people have an inherent right to follow their own path to enlightenment in the spiritual manner of their choice or we will burn you at the stake!!!"~Slag
hahaha NXLA for the win.-- Galactus Kid x2
Bah. Immortality and marriage are just 2 things that should never mix. Any kind of prolongued lifespan shouldn't be burdened with monogamy.- Alejandro
Knowledge is power, power corrupts, study hard, be evil.

Return to “Rifts®”