New Character!

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

NovenTheHero
Dungeon Crawler

New Character!

Unread post by NovenTheHero »

Check out the character portrait I got an artist to draw up for my new TW. She is wearing TW Incursion armor, has a TW firebolt pistol and rifle, and her own creation...a TW flask =). This is the final pencil draft of the character, and should get the final draft in tomorrow with all the inking done =)

http://www.noventhehero.com/AOJ_tight.jpg
My Forums
Image Image
My 5 gallon batch of Traditional Mead and my 5 1 gallon batches of Melomel (Blueberry, Strawberry, Peach, Stawberry-Peach, and Mixed Berry)
Blight
Champion

Unread post by Blight »

cool :ok:
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

not bad ;)

Not my taste for a character though. Cool though.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Nice!
:ok:
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Thinyser
Knight
Comment: "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

Unread post by Thinyser »

Strange that you both say that as looking at the artist's signature it looks to me like it says "Al Fukalok 2007" .
"We live in a world where people use severed plant genitals to express affection.
Rifts is really not much weirder than that." ~~Killer Cyborg

"If we let technical problems scare us away from doing anything, humanity would still be in the trees flinging poo at each other."~~Killer Cyborg

"Everything that breeds is a threat."~~Killer Cyborg
Thinyser
Knight
Comment: "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

Also Kinda a strange place for the TW pistol... hard to draw (she'd have to raise her elbow WAY up and out from her body to draw) and it covers up her cleavage... for shame!
"We live in a world where people use severed plant genitals to express affection.

"If we let technical problems scare us away from doing anything, humanity would still be in the trees flinging poo at each other."~~Killer Cyborg

Thinyser
Knight
~George Carlin

Alejandro wrote:
Thinyser wrote:Also Kinda a strange place for the TW pistol... hard to draw (she'd have to raise her elbow WAY up and out from her body to draw) and it covers up her cleavage... for shame!

Makes it that much easier for me to use the "Crowbar of Seduction" :lol:

You mean when you brain her with your crowbar and have your way with her limp form?

Thinyser
Knight
~George Carlin

bully_jesus wrote:whats her PB?
Id say in the 14 - 16 range going by the pic... maybe as high as 18.

Just MO though

NovenTheHero
Dungeon Crawler

PB is 13
My Forums
Image Image
My 5 gallon batch of Traditional Mead and my 5 1 gallon batches of Melomel (Blueberry, Strawberry, Peach, Stawberry-Peach, and Mixed Berry)
NovenTheHero
Dungeon Crawler

Thinyser wrote:Strange that you both say that as looking at the artist's signature it looks to me like it says "Al Fukalok 2007" .

The artist name is Al Fukalek.
My Forums
Image Image
Thinyser
Knight
~George Carlin

NovenTheHero wrote:
Thinyser wrote:Strange that you both say that as looking at the artist's signature it looks to me like it says "Al Fukalok 2007" .

The artist name is Al Fukalek.

So I was pretty close... that e looks alot like an o... and then if the k was a t it would have been perfect.

taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

She's got the dynamic for the POst-Apocalypse! :D
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
NovenTheHero
Dungeon Crawler

I should get the final draft here anytime, and will post it up for ya'll to see =)
My Forums
Image Image
NovenTheHero
Dungeon Crawler

mAd eAgle wrote:Good lines! Nice rendition of your chic man. :-P

haha, I personally cant wait to see the final product myself =)
My Forums
Image Image
NovenTheHero
Dungeon Crawler

Final version of the drawing

Addie Olive James
My Forums
Image Image
NovenTheHero
Dungeon Crawler

Alejandro wrote:
NovenTheHero wrote:Final version of the drawing

Addie Olive James

Nicely done, Noven.

Thanks, but I cant claim credit beyond inspiring the artist with some minor quirks about the character haha
My Forums
Image Image
count zero
Explorer
Comment: I could be bounded in a nutshell, and count myself a king of infinite space, were it not that I have bad dreams.

Unread post by count zero »

Rindar wrote:quick question. how do you draw someone with ridiculously high PB. its very opinionated.

Get someone like Adam Hughes to draw her :D

Ø
count zero
Explorer
Comment: I could be bounded in a nutshell, and count myself a king of infinite space, were it not that I have bad dreams.

Unread post by count zero »

NovenTheHero wrote:The artist name is Al Fukalek.

That would be me.

I'm available for commissions, should anyone be interested (and if Noven doesn't monopolize my time. :D ) You can check out some other drawings here:

Monkey Bars APFRPG section (click on the Gallery link)

Or, the Monkey Bars main site for other random weirdness.

Drop me a line via e-mail or PM and I'll give you the skinny.

Ø
Dead Boy
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: Eternal Defender of C.S. Righteous Indignation
~
Adamant Advocate for the Last Best Hope for Uncorrupted Humanity
~
Stalwart Exponent of the C.S.’s Eminent Domain of Man
~
Arbiter of Coalition Dogma and the Precepts of Emperor Prosek

Unread post by Dead Boy »

NovenTheHero wrote:Final version of the drawing

Addie Olive James

Know what? I really like this. Good line work and inking, Noven. :ok:

EDIT:

NovemTheHero wrote:... I cant claim credit beyond inspiring the artist with some minor quirks about the character haha

........... never mind. :lol: :lol: :lol:
From the author of The RCSG, Ft. Laredo & the E. St. Louis Rift in Rifter #37, The Coalition Edge in Rifter #42, New Chillicothe & the N.C. Burbs in Rifter #54, New Toys of the Coalition States in Rifter #57, and The Black-Malice Legacy in Rifters #63, 64 & (Pt. 3, TBA)

[img]x[/img]
Nxla666
Champion

Unread post by Nxla666 »

Nice. :)
"You WILL believe that all people have an inherent right to follow their own path to enlightenment in the spiritual manner of their choice or we will burn you at the stake!!!"~Slag
hahaha NXLA for the win.-- Galactus Kid x2
Bah. Immortality and marriage are just 2 things that should never mix. Any kind of prolongued lifespan shouldn't be burdened with monogamy.- Alejandro
Knowledge is power, power corrupts, study hard, be evil.
Thinyser
Knight
~George Carlin

http://www.noventhehero.com/AOJ_tight.jpg

Addie Olive James

After direct comparison I've decided I like the pencil sketch more.

Both are good but i just like the uninked one better.

NovenTheHero
Dungeon Crawler

Thinyser wrote:http://www.noventhehero.com/AOJ_tight.jpg

Addie Olive James

Why so? The next character Im gonna have him draw is my Grackle Tooth Cyber-Knight in color =)
My Forums
Image Image
Thinyser
Knight
~George Carlin

NovenTheHero wrote:
Thinyser wrote:http://www.noventhehero.com/AOJ_tight.jpg

Addie Olive James

Why so? The next character Im gonna have him draw is my Grackle Tooth Cyber-Knight in color =)

Just personal preferance... I think it lost somthing that i cant define in the inking

NovenTheHero
Dungeon Crawler

Well I got him working on the next character portrait now. Soon I will have a graphic representation of my GRACKLE TOOTH CYBER-KNIGHT!
My Forums
Image Image
NovenTheHero
Dungeon Crawler

Hey here is the rough draft of my Grackle Tooth Cyber-Knight

www.noventhehero.com/GT_rough.jpg
My Forums
Image Image
Thinyser
Knight
~George Carlin

I'd say give him longer legs, he seems disporportonate to me... though i don't know what proportions GT's are supposed to have. :D

lather
Champion

Unread post by lather »

Those pistols are going to be very slow to inefficient to draw. No pun :-P
NovenTheHero
Dungeon Crawler

Im not really worried if a pistol is a pain to draw, I just want it to look cool.
My Forums
Image Image
Thinyser
Knight
~George Carlin

NovenTheHero wrote:Im not really worried if a pistol is a pain to draw, I just want it to look cool.

Not sure what attaction you (or the artist) has to placing a firearm on the chest at all let alone at such an angle.

If you MUST place them on the chest to have them look cool in your opinion at least have the pistol's barrel tipped up so that when you go to draw it your elbow is down next to your body (as if you are saying the pledge of allegiance) so you don't have to tip your elbow WAY up and try to draw from such an akward position. This way its still displayed there on the chest (as you like) but it won't look to everybody else like the dude is a retard for placing his pistol in a position that he'll have trouble pulling it.

Personally I would have it in a shoulder or hip holster and have the stance of the character turned slightly to the side so you can see the gun that way.

NovenTheHero
Dungeon Crawler

yea Im aware of the tactical limitations of placing a holster there. But thats the way I wanted them, so thats what the artist did.
My Forums
Image Image
Thinyser
Knight
~George Carlin

NovenTheHero wrote:yea Im aware of the tactical limitations of placing a holster there. But thats the way I wanted them, so thats what the artist did.

Would it be less cool to tip the hand grip down and the barrel up?

It still displays the gun where you want it but it gets rid of the problems.

NovenTheHero
Dungeon Crawler

the way it is drawn is the way I wanted it. I understand your point, but since it is my character commission that Im paying for, generally what I want is what Im gonna get =)
My Forums
Image Image
Thinyser
Knight
~George Carlin

NovenTheHero wrote:the way it is drawn is the way I wanted it. I understand your point, but since it is my character commission that Im paying for, generally what I want is what Im gonna get =)

Why do you want it that way... what is the appeal of it being drawn that way other than "because" ?

NovenTheHero
Dungeon Crawler

Becasue I like it like that...Im not sure that any other answer is needed honestly. Its not your drawing. The only real reason Im posting them here is cuz I want to share it with ya'll. I mean, how many of you out there cant draw but would love to have someone breathe some life into your characters?
My Forums
Image Image
lather
Champion

Unread post by lather »

I was not being confrontational.

Just offering a thought.

Thanks for sharing.
Thinyser
Knight
~George Carlin

NovenTheHero wrote:Becasue I like it like that...Im not sure that any other answer is needed honestly. Its not your drawing. The only real reason Im posting them here is cuz I want to share it with ya'll. I mean, how many of you out there cant draw but would love to have someone breathe some life into your characters?

<sigh> I asked for besides "because", but whatever...

And yes I cannot draw and I would like to have some of my characters brought to life by a detailed sketch... but I can't understand wanting to make that image (that I am paying for) portray a physically problematic orientation of a weapon because I thought it is cool, when leaving the weapon in the same place and rotating it 90 degrees so the damn thing points the way it would in real life (if somebody were to wear it on their chest) still has it "looking cool" whilest not placing it in a problematic orientation.

So again I ask:
Would it be less cool to tip the hand grip down and the barrel up?

and if you answer "yes it WOULD be less cool" Why? What makes this physically problematic orientation "cool" in your opinion, while adjusting it (with a 90* rotation) so that you char could actually use the gun is not as cool?

I get the cool aspect, the gun being proudly displayed there is "cool" but you can have this cool aspect as well as allowing it to be realistic and useable by the character you are portraying. Isn't being "cool" and "usable" better than being "cool" and "impractical"???

NovenTheHero
Dungeon Crawler

I guess you just dont get it that it is the way it is because I want that. No other reason, none is needed. Realism is not a requirement of the picture because it a fictional character based in a fictional environment.
My Forums
Image Image
Thinyser
Knight
~George Carlin

NovenTheHero wrote:I guess you just dont get it that it is the way it is because I want that.
So you want the gun to be "cool and impractical to draw" rather than "cool and useable" :frust:

NovenTheHero
Dungeon Crawler

You just dont get it, and lucky for me, its not a requirement that you need to get it =)
My Forums
Image Image
Thinyser
Knight
~George Carlin

NovenTheHero wrote:You just dont get it, and lucky for me, its not a requirement that you need to get it =)

I don't "get it" because YOU WONT EXPLAIN YOURSELF!!!... other than saying "because I want it that way"

I've asked... several times... you avoid the question each time by saying "because thats what i'm paying for" or "because I want it that way" or whatever.

"Because I want it that way" is not a reason, its an avoidence of the reason for people that either can't put their reasons into words, or are too embarassed to explain their reasons.

So "you want it that way" I get that part... now can you explain why you feel its cool to have that orientation for the gun when you know you could rotate it 90* and have it look almost identical while ALSO being usefull to your character.

NovenTheHero
Dungeon Crawler

The reason I say its becasue I want it that way, is just that: I like the way its drawn and looks cool to me. I visualize what you would change, and it just isnt what I want for MY character. I dont really see why your taking this so personal. The reason Im taking this so personal is because it is my character, and I like the way it is progressing...and you just dont like that for some unknown reason. You cant seem to just accept that the way its being drawn is the way I want it. Every time I get a new draft in the email, I send my desired corrections in, and they get made. So the final product of the drawing is what I want, and I get what I paid for. If you would like, I can just not post any further renditions of the characters, but I just thought the people on the forums would like to see something cool that another PB fan is drawing up.

Thinyser wrote:
NovenTheHero wrote:You just dont get it, and lucky for me, its not a requirement that you need to get it =)

I don't "get it" because YOU WONT EXPLAIN YOURSELF!!!... other than saying "because I want it that way"

I've asked... several times... you avoid the question each time by saying "because thats what i'm paying for" or "because I want it that way" or whatever.

"Because I want it that way" is not a reason, its an avoidence of the reason for people that either can't put their reasons into words, or are too embarassed to explain their reasons.

So "you want it that way" I get that part... now can you explain why you feel its cool to have that orientation for the gun when you know you could rotate it 90* and have it look almost identical while ALSO being usefull to your character.
My Forums
Image Image
lather
Champion

Unread post by lather »

If everything were practical we would not have many games to play. ;)
Thinyser
Knight
~George Carlin

NovenTheHero wrote:The reason I say its becasue I want it that way, is just that: I like the way its drawn and looks cool to me. I visualize what you would change, and it just isnt what I want for MY character. I dont really see why your taking this so personal. The reason Im taking this so personal is because it is my character, and I like the way it is progressing...and you just dont like that for some unknown reason. You cant seem to just accept that the way its being drawn is the way I want it. Every time I get a new draft in the email, I send my desired corrections in, and they get made. So the final product of the drawing is what I want, and I get what I paid for. If you would like, I can just not post any further renditions of the characters, but I just thought the people on the forums would like to see something cool that another PB fan is drawing up.
:roll:
You can keep posting whatever pics you want. And people will continue to point out the flaws.

I visualize what you would change, and it just isnt what I want for MY character.
... Ok...BUT WHY!?!?! Is it becuase it's not your idea? and you simply wont change it out of spite, or maybe because you want the character to look to his opponents like he is "more show than go" which is certainly what anybody would think by looking at such an impractical placement of a pistol... WHY?!?!

And I'm not "taking this personally", I am trying to personally understand WHY you like haveing a drawing of your charcter that you yourself admit depicts a tactically flawed placement of the pistol, when you could ask to have this flaw corrected...

Basically I'm trying to understand WHY you think this flaw is "cool" and all I get for my probing efforts is "because"... Its like I'm a kid asking my mother "why?" and I get "because I said so"... which is NOT an answer! its an avoidance... :frust:

There has to be a reason WHY you like this flawed depiction, my questioning is not me "taking this personally" It is me trying to have you think about why you would chose a flawed pic over one that is not and then EXPLAIN that to me so that I might be able to grasp your underlying thought process. You obvoiusly cannot do that, probably because you don't yourself know why you like it, so I'll quite wasting my time trying to force you to think deeper than "because".

NovenTheHero
Dungeon Crawler

Good.
My Forums
Image Image

Return to “Rifts®”