NEW POWERS!

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:This is a power that I gave passing mention to in the "How I met your mother" topic thread.

Alter Physical Body:Gender(Minor)by Stone Gargoyle
Also refered to as "Gender Bender"

This strange power alows the character to morph their body to alter their apparent sexual identity.

1.Genetic Androgyny: Genetic samples of the character come up inconclusive in determining sex, and the character has a generally androgynous appearance and voice.

2.Morphing Body Topography: The character's body can release testosterone and develop masculine traits, growing male sex organs at will. The character can also release estrogen to take on female traits, the male organs retracting and female ones replacing them, with the chest area becoming more pronounced.
Attacks:Uses 1 melee attack/action to convert to a different sexual appearance.

3.Limitations and Penalties: The character is actually neuter, merely mimicking the appearance of a sexually active person. The sex organs are incapable of reproduction. They can become aroused, however.

4.Bonuses:
+1d4 PB
Heals 3 times the normal rate
Adds 10% the the Disguise and Impersonation skill

Sadly this is the only one I have time to post at the moment.

Ken

I would say that the hero would be have their sex chormizons as a triple instead of a pair, reading XXY. This is an uncommon occurence which most often always results in sterility.

And that if you use the option "KittenStomp's Tables of Doom" that they take pessedent over the disadvantages that come with this power.

Look, this power has limitations because it is a minor. The eggs a female would produce would be destroyed in the conversion process, that is why they are sterile. It is not because they have an additional chromosome. The power is based on the god Hermaphroditus but not limited by the typical definitions of a multi-sexed person. People are free to mess up the concept as they want, but it will be messed up if not used as written. I do not see why people always want to get around the limitations of a power. That is what defines it. And no disrespect to Kittenstomp, but his tables are optional and I do not have to consider them when designing a power. How I wrote the power takes precedence to how I play it.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
zenethos
Wanderer

New Powers

Unread post by zenethos »

I am new here, but just want you guys to know that this material is (with notable exceptions) exceptional. A broad range of power types and levels. I have not made it through the entire thread yet, so this question may already have been asked:

Are you taking submissions for 'Cosmic-Level' powers? And if so, is there a web-site where they have been posted?

I have several powers which I would like to add to this forum. However, my old computer's CPU got fried, and I have yet to recover the data from the hard drive. I look forward to your critiques, once I am able to post them. As most of you know, it is terribly difficult to accurately judge one's own works.

Also, is there a specific thread for posting Character classes?

Thanks for your time.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:snip... The eggs a female would produce would be destroyed in the conversion process, that is why they are sterile. ....snip.

If you look @ what I said I was trying supporting your power. Having your Sex chomisones as XXY is un-read-able to determain what sex the person is, becasue its not XX nor XY, the normal pairings. (the sterilitty is just a side effect of having XXY for your sex genes)

Are you saying that the ovieries and testies are damaged because the changes between sex's, or the eggs/sperm that are currently there are distroyed?
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: New Powers

zenethos wrote:I am new here, but just want you guys to know that this material is (with notable exceptions) exceptional. A broad range of power types and levels. I have not made it through the entire thread yet, so this question may already have been asked:

Are you taking submissions for 'Cosmic-Level' powers? And if so, is there a web-site where they have been posted?

I have several powers which I would like to add to this forum. However, my old computer's CPU got fried, and I have yet to recover the data from the hard drive. I look forward to your critiques, once I am able to post them. As most of you know, it is terribly difficult to accurately judge one's own works.

Also, is there a specific thread for posting Character classes?

Thanks for your time.

Post them and they will be criticed.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:snip... The eggs a female would produce would be destroyed in the conversion process, that is why they are sterile. ....snip.

If you look @ what I said I was trying supporting your power. Having your Sex chomisones as XXY is un-read-able to determain what sex the person is, becasue its not XX nor XY, the normal pairings. (the sterilitty is just a side effect of having XXY for your sex genes)

Are you saying that the ovieries and testies are damaged because the changes between sex's, or the eggs/sperm that are currently there are distroyed?

I am saying if there ever was evidence as to what sex the person was born as, it is gone. Women are born with all their eggs. Shifting sex obliterates the eggsand viable sperm. The idea is that the chemicals wash over the DNA itself, rewriting it momentarily. The sex organs themselves are not destroyed. The power does not derive from the DNA itself, but rather overcomes it and takes over.
This was created as a deific power and is akin to shapeshifting.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
I am saying if there ever was evidence as to what sex the person was born as, it is gone. Women are born with all their eggs. Shifting sex obliterates the eggsand viable sperm. The idea is that the chemicals wash over the DNA itself, rewriting it momentarily. The sex organs themselves are not destroyed. The power does not derive from the DNA itself, but rather overcomes it and takes over.

Women are born with all the Cells that turn into eggs, I know its getting techincal, but that is one of the reasons I asked my question as I asked it. So... I'm gathering that your answer is that due to damage done to the sex orgens (at the celluler level) so they don't produce Spem nor Eggs, while not affecting their labido.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:

Women are born with all the Cells that turn into eggs, I know its getting techincal, but that is one of the reasons I asked my question as I asked it. So... I'm gathering that your answer is that due to damage done to the sex orgens (at the celluler level) so they don't produce Spem nor Eggs, while not affecting their labido.

Well, it does affect their ego by kicking it into overdrive due to the influx of hormones, making them more emotional, but I was not sure how to write that up so left it out.
I had heard that women get all their eggs at one time and the idea is that testosterone would kill them, and vice versa. This was mainly to avoid the complication of the character getting pregnant and having to carry the fetus even when male. The sterility factor limits possible absurd situations. This power was created for a specific character, you see...one of my NPCs who is based on Hermaphroditus and the child of my campaign's version of the fallen god Hermes known as Major Mercury.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

How I handle pregnancey for those form changers that can change between male and female forms is that if they get pregnent then they are stuck in their female form till they give birth.

If they only have two forms, one male and hte other female, then they are stuck.

But if they are true shape-shifters...then they can change still but each form they change to has to be female.

That is how I handle the sitiation, because it has come up with a couple of my chars. And stuck with how the fist gm handled the situation because it felt right.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

drewkitty ~..~ wrote: How I handle pregnancey for those form changers that can change between male and female forms is that if they get pregnent then they are stuck in their female form till they give birth.

If they only have two forms, one male and hte other female, then they are stuck.

But if they are true shape-shifters...then they can change still but each form they change to has to be female.

That is how I handle the sitiation, because it has come up with a couple of my chars. And stuck with how the fist gm handled the situation because it felt right.

You could adapt the power I have written to do that, but you would have to change it from a minor to a Major. They would have to regenerate the eggs somehow.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Next: Pastorization, Stigmata and the Spell of Legend Create Clergy :lol:
MrTwist
Hero

Unread post by MrTwist »

This is inspired by a post in another thread by Whiz Kid.

Obviously, it's a silly power. I'm sure it could have it's uses though.

APS: Sunscreen/Suntan Lotion

"Nice try Doctor UVC, but I've already protected my friends from your rays."

They say heroes come in all shapes and sizes. Well it seems the word substances should be added to that list. This extremely odd power allows the super being to become a humanoid mass of sunscreen. Other than being a prime candidate for a spokesperson for a lotion company, the composition of the character's body does allow for some interesting effects.

Also, the character can choose instead to become suntan lotion instead of sunscreen. There is no noticeable difference, except in the subpower of protecting others.

1. Limited Invulnerability:
Due to being a liquid-like mass, the character is unhurt by pretty much all phsyical attacks. The attacks just pass right through the character without harm. Gases also do not affect the character, and the same goes for viruses and disease. Since the character has an inhuman biology while changed, the viruses and such that causes diseases or sickness generally die pretty quick.
Energy attacks do full damage, as do psionics and magic.
Cold attacks do no damage unless cold enough to freeze sunscreen(the freezing point of which I have no friggin' clue).
Explosions can blow apart the character, but they reform unharmed after 2D6 minutes.
Lasers do full damage to the character, unless the laser's wavelength puts it into the ultraviolet range. If so, the character takes no damage, regardless of intensity.

2. Manipulate Shape:
Being a semi-solid, the character can squeeze through cracks and areas smaller than their normal shape. Generally if water can get through than so can the character. When squeezing through small openings, the character leaves behind an oily residue.

3. Sunscreen bolt:
This is basically a high pressure shot of sunscreen at a target. It does minimal damage, if any. The main purpose of this is to blind an attacker, or even make it more difficult to hold onto things in their hands.

Range: 30ft + 10ft per level of experience.
Damage: 1D6 SDC if the target is within 10ft. If the target is further away than 10ft, they take no damage.
Bonus to Strike: P.P. bonuses to strike apply along with an applicable W.P.(if possessed), even with the special uses that follow.
Blinding effects: If a called strike(with a -3) to the face/head is made, the character can blind an opponent. They suffer -10 to strike, parry, and dodge for 1D4+1 melee rounds unless they spend a full melee round cleaning the oily mess off their face.
Grease Item: Also a called shot(with a -3), this time to an item the target is holding. If successful, the target is -3 to strike or parry with the item for 1D6 melee rounds. Also, every time the target spends an action to use the affected item, they have a 20% chance to drop it because of how slippery it is.

4. Sunscreen slick:
Since the character is composed of a rather oil/greasy substance, they can create something akin to an oil slick on the ground.

Radius: 5ft per level of experience.
Attack Per Melee: Creating a sunscreen slick uses one action.
Bonuses: P.P. and applicable W.P. bonuses apply.
Effect: Those in the radius of the sunscreen slick have a 1-40% chance of falling each round unless they reduce speed by 50%. At greater than 50% speed, those in the area of effect have a 75% chance of slipping. Anyone who falls loses initiative and two actions.

5. Protect others:
By taking a little time and coating a person or object, the character can protect them damaging UV rays. The sunscreen expelled from the character using this is pretty much non-oily so the affected person/object isn't really slippery or slimy at all. There is a small amount of residue over the surface of whatever is affected, but not enough to cause problems holding on to things/being held.
Objects like paintings and other things that fade in color over a period of time due to sunlight exposure are completely protected so the colors stay viibrant as long as they are coated.
When used on a person wearing normal types of clothing(permeable fabrics and such), the sunscreen seeps through the fabric to protect the person underneath. This means they can change clothes and still be protected.
The protection afforded by the sunscreen also extends to lasers that fall in the ultraviolet wavelength.
If the character is suntan lotion, then coating something will actually triple the damage received by UV radiation or lasers instead of protecting it.

Duration: Unless washed off or cancelled by the character, the coating lasts for one month per level of experience.

6. Other Abilities And Bonuses:
Even when not in sunscreen form, the character is still immune to all intensities of UV light. They can still tan normally if they so choose. In fact they can tan five times faster than a normal person.
Although normally odorless, the character can actually choose to exude an odor if they sample any one of the varieties of sunscreen or suntan lotions available. The odor they exude will be identical to the sampled variety. This applies to both their normal shape and their transformed one.

+30 SDC when transformed.
Weight is doubled when transformed.
+1D6 to P.B.(always have the perfect tan).
Can identify a particular brand of sunscreen or suntan lotion by touch with an 80% chance of success. They can identify a particular brand by scent alone(yes, even the supposed unscented kinds since there still is a bit of an odor) with a 60% chance of success.
"Do you even know what the word theory means? You must think it means '**** that you make up'."
---Penn Jillette
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

MrTwist wrote:This is inspired by a post in another thread by Whiz Kid.

"Nice try Doctor UVC, but I've already protected my friends from your rays."

They say heroes come in all shapes and sizes. Well it seems the word substances should be added to that list. This extremely odd power allows the super being to become a humanoid mass of sunscreen. Other than being a prime candidate for a spokesperson for a lotion company, the composition of the character's body does allow for some interesting effects.

Also, the character can choose instead to become suntan lotion instead of sunscreen. There is no noticeable difference, except in the subpower of protecting others.

1. Limited Invulnerability:
Due to being a liquid-like mass, the character is unhurt by pretty much all phsyical attacks. The attacks just pass right through the character without harm. Gases also do not affect the character, and the same goes for viruses and disease. Since the character has an inhuman biology while changed, the viruses and such that causes diseases or sickness generally die pretty quick.
Energy attacks do full damage, as do psionics and magic.
Cold attacks do no damage unless cold enough to freeze sunscreen(the freezing point of which I have no friggin' clue).
Explosions can blow apart the character, but they reform unharmed after 2D6 minutes.
Lasers do full damage to the character, unless the laser's wavelength puts it into the ultraviolet range. If so, the character takes no damage, regardless of intensity.

2. Manipulate Shape:
Being a semi-solid, the character can squeeze through cracks and areas smaller than their normal shape. Generally if water can get through than so can the character. When squeezing through small openings, the character leaves behind an oily residue.

3. Sunscreen bolt:
This is basically a high pressure shot of sunscreen at a target. It does minimal damage, if any. The main purpose of this is to blind an attacker, or even make it more difficult to hold onto things in their hands.

Damage: 1D6 SDC if the target is within 10ft. If the target is further away than 10ft, they take no damage.
Bonus to Strike: P.P. bonuses to strike apply along with an applicable W.P.(if possessed), even with the special uses that follow.
Blinding effects: If a called strike(with a -3) to the face/head is made, the character can blind an opponent. They suffer -10 to strike, parry, and dodge for 1D4+1 melee rounds unless they spend a full melee round cleaning the oily mess off their face.
Grease Item: Also a called shot(with a -3), this time to an item the target is holding. If successful, the target is -3 to strike or parry with the item for 1D6 melee rounds. Also, every time the target spends an action to use the affected item, they have a 20% chance to drop it because of how slippery it is.

4. Sunscreen slick:
Since the character is composed of a rather oil/greasy substance, they can create something akin to an oil slick on the ground.

Radius: 5ft per level of experience.
Attack Per Melee: Creating a sunscreen slick uses one action.
Bonuses: P.P. and applicable W.P. bonuses apply.
Effect: Those in the radius of the sunscreen slick have a 1-40% chance of falling each round unless they reduce speed by 50%. At greater than 50% speed, those in the area of effect have a 75% chance of slipping. Anyone who falls loses initiative and two actions.

5. Protect others:
By taking a little time and coating a person or object, the character can protect them damaging UV rays. The sunscreen expelled from the character using this is pretty much non-oily so the affected person/object isn't really slippery or slimy at all. There is a small amount of residue over the surface of whatever is affected, but not enough to cause problems holding on to things/being held.
Objects like paintings and other things that fade in color over a period of time due to sunlight exposure are completely protected so the colors stay viibrant as long as they are coated.
When used on a person wearing normal types of clothing(permeable fabrics and such), the sunscreen seeps through the fabric to protect the person underneath. This means they can change clothes and still be protected.
The protection afforded by the sunscreen also extends to lasers that fall in the ultraviolet wavelength.
If the character is suntan lotion, then coating something will actually triple the damage received by UV radiation or lasers instead of protecting it.

Duration: Unless washed off or cancelled by the character, the coating lasts for one month per level of experience.

6. Other Abilities And Bonuses:
Even when not in sunscreen form, the character is still immune to all intensities of UV light. They can still tan normally if they so choose. In fact they can tan five times faster than a normal person.
Although normally odorless, the character can actually choose to exude an odor if they sample any one of the varieties of sunscreen or suntan lotions available. The odor they exude will be identical to the sampled variety. This applies to both their normal shape and their transformed one.

+30 SDC when transformed.
Weight is doubled when transformed.
+1D6 to P.B.(always have the perfect tan).
Can identify a particular brand of sunscreen or suntan lotion by touch with an 80% chance of success. They can identify a particular brand by scent alone(yes, even the supposed unscented kinds since there still is a bit of an odor) with a 60% chance of success.

Nifty :-P
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

These powers were developed to be used by Godlings and Avatars, as well as fallen gods.

Pastorization(minor)by Stone Gargoyle
Also called Energy Expulsion:Divine

Range: Touch or up to 400 feet away
Duration:Damage, if any, is instant. Effects last 2d4 melees but may become permanent
Damage: None if good alignment, 1d6 dmg if evil(2d6 to supernatural creatures)
Saving Throw: 14 or better vs. mind control(ME bonuses apply); 16 or better if by touch. After the initial duration, a second saving throw may be made to avoid the effect from becoming permanent.
Effect: The target is hit by the force of "Good" and drawn to serve the god using this, at least temporarily. Ifleft to act alone, the target will claim to be "saved" and begin preaching the gospel as they know it.
Target Temporary Bonuses:
+10% to knowledge of religion rolls
+1d4 to MA
+20% to Trust/Intimidate

Stigmata(minor)by Stone Gargoyle
The character can cause wounds to open up on their body(does no actual damage), as well as affect their environment.

1. Bleed Self: The character can cause slashes and holes to open in their skin.
Penalties: PB reduced to half, Horror Factor of 8; 12 among religious folks
Bonuses: +5d6 SDC, half damage from slashing and piercing weapons.
Healing Effects:A drop of the character's blood will heal 2d6 damage, SDC or HP, upon contact uless the affected target saves(12 or better, PE bonus applies). This causes the bleeding character 1 HP per healing, using 1 melee action. Also, if bleeding on the ground in a church, flowers will grow rapidlyin the spot the blood hits.

2. Cause Blood: The character can also cause walls and objects, such as statues, to bleed fluid resembling actual blood.
Range: 10 feet per levelof experience. In the case of walls, affects a 10'X10' area.
Number of targets: Starts with one item, +1 object per level.
Duration: 10 minutes per level per hour( full hour at level 6).

3. Other Bonuses:
Blood from character does 4d6 damage to vampires who attempt to drink it. Character cannot be turned Undead.
+20% save vs. Coma/Death
+10% to any knowledge of religion skills
Any weapon held by them does an additional 1d6 damage vs. supernatural creatures.
+2 to all combat rolls vs. supernatural creatures.

I also did a Spell of Legend based on the Ludicrous Magic Spell Create Carnies called Create Clergy and Cultists. :-P

Ken
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Matter Expulsion:Captions(minor)by Stone Gargoyle

The character has a running dialogue in written form hovering over him which can be used for defense sometimes.

1.Running Dialogue: This can be a drawback because opponents can read your every move and are +2 to initiative to all combat moves as a result.
Range: Caption blocks hover as flat sheets resembling cardboard at various locations within a 10 foot radius.
Duration: 1 full melee round
Damage: 1d4 if used as slicing weapon.
Attacks: Using a caption to attack or defend(as a shield) uses 1 melee action. Can also be used to rebound off of for flips.
SDC: Used as a shield, the caption can parry at +2 flat bonus with no damage; however, attacked directly, it can only take up to 5 points of damage before disintegrating.

2.Discriptive Combat:
Range: can appear up to 60 feet away, + 5 feet per level, if the character uses a ranged attack; otherwise range is the same as for Running Dialogue.
Duration: Appears instants as a strike connects; remains for 1 melee attack.
Damage: None, however, it can be used to startle opponents(-2 to combat rolls for their next action).

3.Word Balloons: The character does not speak normally, but through bubbles appearing over their head. Their normal speech sounds like jibberish.
Range: Hovers one foot over the character's head, but rises in elevation after each successive word balloon appears under the first.
Duration: Remain for 1 full melee round
Attacks: As per Running Dialogue
Damage: As per Running Dialogue
SDC: As per Running Dialogue

Note:Dialogue and word balloons are solid enough to conceal actions taken by the character(such as loading a gun) but impose penalties to vision if the character himself cannot see around them.
wolfsgrin
Adventurer

Unread post by wolfsgrin »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:Matter Expulsion:Captions(minor)by Stone Gargoyle

The character has a running dialogue in written form hovering over him which can be used for defense sometimes.

1.Running Dialogue: This can be a drawback because opponents can read your every move and are +2 to initiative to all combat moves as a result.
Range: Caption blocks hover as flat sheets resembling cardboard at various locations within a 10 foot radius.
Attacks: Using a caption to attack or defend(as a shield) uses 1 melee action. Can also be used to rebound off of for flips.
SDC: Used as a shield, the caption can parry at +2 flat bonus with no damage; however, attacked directly, it can only take up to 5 points of damage before disintegrating.

2.Discriptive Combat:
Range: can appear up to 60 feet away, + 5 feet per level, if the character uses a ranged attack; otherwise range is the same as for Running Dialogue.
Damage: None, however, it can be used to startle opponents(-2 to combat rolls for their next action).

3.Word Balloons: The character does not speak normally, but through bubbles appearing over their head. Their normal speech sounds like jibberish.
Range: Hovers one foot over the character's head, but rises in elevation after each successive word balloon appears under the first.

Note:Dialogue and word balloons are solid enough to conceal actions taken by the character(such as loading a gun) but impose penalties to vision if the character himself cannot see around them.

bwahahahahahahahaha! thats terrible and good all at the same time. :lol: :thwak:
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

wolfsgrin wrote:

2.Discriptive Combat:

bwahahahahahahahaha! thats terrible and good all at the same time. :lol: :thwak:

Yet another one created out of necessity to convert my comic book stories into game terms. Marvellus, the God of All Manifestation of Existence( the GAME of life) and the "Cosmic Trip" is also god of the "Comic Strip". There was a typo in his scriptures that warped his primary manifestation, giving him this power. And since beliefs about a god somewhat dictate their actions, there you are. :lol:
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

Body Rigidity [Major] By Iczer
' counter soft with hard, and hard with soft young grasshopper'

The character can alter his body's overall rigidity, allowing him to tailor his abilities and defences
1) alter rigidity: the character can exist in any one of the following states for the bonuses provided while in that state.
* Supersolid: The character loses 90% of his spd attribute and PP is reduced to 1/3rd normal. his attacks per melee are halved, he loses autododge (if he had it) and his combat bonuses are halved. In return he gains an AR of 20, and any kinetic damage that goes through is reduced to 1/4 normal. In this state nothing short of a PS (supernatural) equal to the character's PE +1 per level will cause him to bend against his will.
* Rigid: The character loses half his speed and loses 2 to his PP attribute and drops a single attack per melee. He gains an AR of 16 and takes half damage from large heavy impacts.
* Normal: the character's default state. it enjoys 4d6+6 SDC (applies in all forms)
* Pliable: the character enjoys a +2 to PP and spd, and a +15% to escape artist. he bends rather than breaks. any blunt force trauma damage is halved and the character enjoys a +6 to roll with punch/fall/impact
* Liquid: The characer is held together by surface tension alone (cannot puddle or goo). bullets inflict a mere one point of damage each as do any other peircing attacks. blunt objects splash the character, breaking surface tension, doing normal damage. cutting and sdlashing attacks inflict half damage.
* molecular: the character is held together only by covalent energy bonds. all kinetic attacks deal 1/2 damage but the character has a pitifull PS of 1 in this state. with effort ( one foot per melee round) the character can push through solid objects whose AR does not exceed 16.
2) rate of change: the character can assume a new state 3 times per melee round without using an attack. if the character attempts to change in response to an attack, he may 'roll off' with his attacker for initiative, changing before the attack. he may change one additional time per melee at levels 3,6,9,12 and 15.
3) other abilities: The character can also use this ability to 'pull himself together'. once per day per level the character can instantly heal 4d6 HP or SDC.

Molecular grip [Major] By Iczer
'you guys move on ahead, I'll hold down the fort'

The character can lay his bare skin on an object, and bond with it, gaining its properties while forming an near unbreakable grip.
1) adhesion: functions much like the minor power, only no PP bonus applies, and climbing speed is 1/4 normal.
2) Superior grip: Objects held (and presumably bonded) by the character, and attached, and do not come apart. Likewise if the character has bonded with the ground, he cannot be tripped or knocked over without first breaking the groundup around him. (down to about 6 inches)
3) Share SDC: the character can transmit damage he has taken to an item he is molecularly gripped to with a maximum shunt amount equal to the character PE plus the AR of the object in question (+5 per level). damage beyond this amount weakens the bond enough for the item to break free. on a similiar note, damage to the object itself may be absorbed by the character (for those moments when that faberge egg needs to survive the 50 foot fall)
4) Share AR: the character acquires the AR of any item he bonds with
5) tear matter: when making strikes on solid objects (not living things, though those transformed into stone or metal will take this) the character can simply strip off solid matter. he must bond with the item first, and then rip free on his next attack. damage bypasses AR, and inflicst 2d4x10 damage plus twice the character's normal punching damage (as if performing a power punch).
6) Other notes: it takes 2 actions to bond with an object, and the character can only bond with two objects at a time. Bonded items release one melee round after the character passes out or is killed. Bonding with body armour is not as efficient (body armour takes damage meant for you rather than simply deflect damage) the AR gained from worn armour is 2 points less.

Mass occupancy: [Minor] By Iczer
'and hey presto......my glock becomes a desert eagle!'

The character has the ability to cause items to share the same space, just somewhat displaced into some fourth dimension. as a result, he may cause these two items to swap places at will effectively doubling their value, as well as allowing things to be safely moved in secrecy.
The character can affect items up to 10 lbs in weight (+5 lbs per level), allowing it to coexist in the same space as another item within 50% of its mass (but not exceeding the weight limit) he can swap between a superhero outfit and business attire, swap a red pen for a black one, and as above, swap one gun for another. There is no limit to the amount of swapable items he may have, but he may only trade places with items twice per melee round (does not count as an action)

Body accelleration [Minor] By Iczer
'ohthisisgonnahrtinthmorning'

The character can, at future expense to himself, simply double his speed for short periods of time. when the character activates this power he enjoys the following benefits;
* double attacks per melee
* double speed attribute, or increase super speed based power by 10% per level
* +6 to initiative +2 to parry
* Auto dodge at +4

Unfortunately the power comes with it's own drawbacks as well. the characteronly applies half his damage bonus to any attacks in that round (the attacks are visciously sharp jabs). in addition when the character finishes using the power, he gains the following penalties
* loses 1d6+1 HP for every melee round the power was engaged
* is fatigued (-1 attack, -2 to all combat abilities and -10% to skill use) for 5 minutes for every melee round the power was engaged
* characters PS is halved for 5 minutes after the power's end, plus another 5 minutes for every extra round it was engaged.

The character is still farily fast and can cause split second accellerations. when this power is not in use, he gains +2 initiative and +1 attack per melee.

Batts:
"Sorry Drewkitty, the laws of physics were defeated by Iczer way back in like, the first ten pages of this thread." A.J. Pickett
“Iczer, you are a power generating machine.” - Mr Twist
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

Chanell Warrior spirit: [Major] By Iczer
'I'm baaack'

The character can sift through time and overlay the personality of a warrior over himself, gaining his memories and martial expertise.
1) Pool of talent: at first level the character can select from a pool of 1 warrior. as he progresses in levels he gains an additional one warrior per level. Each warrior has it's own unique advantages and skills that the character may use. It takes 2 actions to superimpose his target's skills over his own, and the overlay lasts 8 minutes (+2 minutes per level) before requiring 10 minutes of rest.
2) Warrior talents: The warrior spirit posesses the following abilities.
6 skills. these skills are used to 'acquire' the warrior's HTH form as well as any other skills typical to that character (weapons skills, survival skills etc). skill level is the character's level +2, and OCC skills enjoy a 15% bonus. The warrior spirit does not advance as the character does. In addition, the character gains the local literacy (if literate) and language as well as an idea of basic geography. Each warrior spirit has it's own IQ, ME and MA, each rolled randomly. By taking on a warrior spirit, the character may shed debilitating mental conditions. (such as psychicly induced paralysis) essentially, the new personality gets a new save. each warrior spirit sheathes the character in a 30 SDC field of force(recovers after 24hours), and by adopting a warrior spirit, the character heals 2d6 HP.
3) Translation: When subsumed by the memories of a past warrior, the character has limited access to his own skills (-25%) and translates all that he sees and hears into relevent experience and memories. a character facing multiple gunmen in an alley, may percieve instead a row of ninja archers in a woodded glade. as a result, he does not comprehend technology from after the time period the warrior has been drawn from. likewise, while words and language are translated into a speech and writing, the character may otherwise disregard important clues and circumstances. (EG: Channelling the spirit of Thukk Two feathers, a neanderthall tribal warrior, the character would not recognise nor even acknowledge a computer, he may percieve a curious, brightly painted rock for instance.) if a character would need to see or visualise something that the dominant warrior spirit cannot, the character may make a relevant perception check (usually needing a 15 or better). the warrior spirit personality may be different, but it shares the same goals and desires of the character (as well as alignment)
4) Enhanced spirits: at level 3,6,9 12 and 15, the character can improve one warrior spirit giving it one extra lavel and adding 10 SDC to it's force field. such a character also acquires 2 secondary skills.
5) picking and choosing: now this is gruesome. if the character is in the presence of a person when he dies, he may adopt that character's spirit (will not take effect until next level). he gains thier basic memories, their HTH skills and 2 other skills from thier list of available skills. The target may resist with a saving throw vs psionics (with a bonus of +2). In this case, the warrior spirit does not have to share the character's alignment or goals (but will have his memories) and may refuse to fight former allies.

Kinetic rebound [Minor] By Iczer
'Ninja have swords! I love swords!'

The character returns kinetic energy back upon itself, making the character resistant to the blows of others.
He gains an AR of 14 with a +1 to AR at levels 6, 10 and 15. This AR is only effective against purely kinetic attacks only.
Kinetic attacks striking above the AR do normal damage. Attacks below that inflict no damage and in addition have the following effects:
* bare handed blows from a living target will see half that damage returned to the attacker
* attacks by a weapon will see the full damage inflicted on the weapon itself.
* attacks by projectiles will flatten upon the character's body

in the case of physical kinetic attacks that bypass AR's (such as falls car crashes and tackles) damage is split between the character and the object performing the collision. The character has no real protection vs explosive force, but has +4 to roll with punch/fall/impact. maintaining this field requires one action per melee round be spent.

2 for one [Minor] By Iczer
'I'll be out of the office all day dear, but I'll send someone to pick up the kids'

The character can split himself into two identical beings, and send them off to do their thing. The character is not creating a duplicate, he is literally becoming two people, and retains awareness of what both of himself is doing at any given moment (is only slightly disorientated by two sets of input, and is -1 to combat abilities and -5% to skill use).
The drawback really is that he is really the same person. SDC and HP is shared between them, not split amongst them. if one is shot in an alley in Brooklyn, the other feels it in London and acquires the same wound (likewise if one bandages the wound the other watches the wound close)
The character basically splits down the middle and seperates from his centre of mass to create his double. at first level they may recombine if they touch. At fifth level, they may recombine from up to thier MEx2 in feet away (they both merge at the midway point) at 7th level this distance becomes their ME x10 feet and at 12th level it is MEx100 feet. after 6th level If it is not advantageous to meet at the halfway point, the character may reform as a solid whole anywhere in the straight line between the two characters, but this requires a saving throw (16+ ME bonuses apply) and the attempt inflicts 3d6 damage to the character.
Other bonuses: +4d6 SDC and +2 ME

Power Handling: [Major] By Iczer
'Nice trick...I can do better'

The character has the ability to mimic a single major or minor power of a single target within 30 feet. The subject may save to resist this mimicry (16+ ME bonuses apply), and the attempt requires two actions to perform.
When the character gains another's power, he gains an intuitive sence of its operation, and his mind improves on it slightly while he posesses it.
when the character acquires another power he gains one of the following benefits:
* add +2 levels of skill and ability with the power
* Add +6 to one or +4 to two related attributes
* Add +1d4x10 SDC if relevant
* add one power stunt (if you actually have a working version of power stunts in your game)
* Add +2 or +15% to any skill use to operate the power
* Increase each combat bonus the power provides by +1

The power is held for one melee round per level before it drops out. it may be recopied, with a different added bonus at any time with the usual chance of success. Note that the character gains the power, but no actual bonus attributes or SDC provided by that power. mimicing Extraordinary PS will make the character's PS extraordinary, but nothing else.

Batts
"Sorry Drewkitty, the laws of physics were defeated by Iczer way back in like, the first ten pages of this thread." A.J. Pickett
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

Mutant hunter [Minor]
'Coming to get you freak..'

The character has the ability to identify mutants by sight, as well as feel their presence, and gains bonuses when hunting and stalking them.
1) sense mutants: the character can feel mutants up to 30 feet away per level of experience, even through solid walls, and gains +20% to track them. even in the absence of clues and physical signs, the character can btrack mutant energies at 25% accuracy (roll every 300 feet)
2) Hunting: has +1 attack per melee as long as its a violent action towards a mutant, and inflicts +1d6 damage against mutants. in addition he has +2 to strike parry and dodge mutants. in addition he enjoys a +10% bonus to prowl when stalking mutants.

Sudden Rush [Minor] By Iczer
'Boom'

The character can project a tiny bolt of force. this bolt is weak but fluid, and is capable of inflicting low damage but disporportionate force
Range: 60 feet +20 feet per level
Bonus to strike: +4 with an aimed shot, +1 wild
Attacks: each use of sudden rush counts as a single attack
damage: 2d4 or may attempt one of the following
* Disarm: roll to hit as a called shot. target gets a parry check to resist
* Trip: roll to hit as a called shot. target may make a sense of ballance check (must exceed the to hit roll) or trip and fall (lose one action and initiative)
* Shove: must hit as normal. Targets are moved backwards 2d4+10feet, -1 foot for every 10lbs of weight posessed by the target

Cloak of light [Minor] By Iczer
'Dazzling No?'

The character generates a sheath of light that flutters around him. While active the character enjoys the following bonuses
+2 MA +2 PB
Immune to light and lasers. cannot be blinded.
half damage from energy. full damage from cold and darkness
Sheds light for 60 feet in all directions. may be toned down. Is hard to look directly at. opponents making ranged attacks fire wild at this character. melee opponents lose 1 to strike, parry and dodge from his glare (may turn this down)
add 30 SDC while the cloak is active

Wrestler: [Minor] By Iczer
'Ymir grapple you, then Ymir crushes you! It a good day to be Ymir'

The character is a brn grappler gaining bonuses when he clutches and grabs others. the character gains the following bonuses.
+4 to escape grabs and grapples.
Immune to crushes and squeezes.
Can survive 5 times as long with a crushed or choked windpipe.
takes half damage from crushes outside of combat
+4 to maintain a hold or grab
As soon as the character has two hands on an opponent, he gains +5 to PS, and PE and a +1d4 to PP. while grappling his skin hardens to provide AR 9. out of combat this can be used for slow, deliberate acts of strength.
Fling: after successfully grappling or holding an opponent, the character may, as an action, fling him. this works like knock back attack, as if the character had stuck inflicting damage equal to 2d6+PS damage bonus +2 per level. If the character is himself being grappled, and he escapes a grapple using pure strength, he may immeadiately (uses up his next action) fling his opponent or opponents away in the same fashion)

Alter physical structure: Wall [Major] By Iczer
'Heh heh heh...I got you guys surrounded'

The character may grow and deform to form a large wall made of a solid stone like substance. as a wall the character is immobile but can be formed in a variety of shapes upon creation.

1) increased size and Strength. The character has 1800 SDC and an AR of 16 as a wall. in addition his weight is multiplied by 1000. the character is also rendered immobile by this Power (PP and Spd become 0) the character's PS doubles and become supernatural for calculating the weight he can support.
2) limitations: the character can only grow or expand where he has room. anyhting that wont move aside by a gentle shove (traet the character's PS as superhuman to determine if it can be shoved). in addition, he can only transform when on solid ground (though any strong stable surface that can support him may be allowed if the GM allows)
3) Shapes: the character can assume the shape of a wall 5 feet thick and a surface area of 450 square feet +150 quare feet per level. the character may upon forming double back upon himself to form a barrier ,a corrall or even a tower. he has enough control to take the shape of a bridge (will throw down support collumns up to 40 feet deep) to form openings, arrow slits, crennalations and even stairs. once formed, the character must dissolve before taking a new shape. it takes a whole melee round to transform in this manner and another to reform. when the character reforms, he may reform at any ground level section of wall.
4) seperation: The character may expend 3 actions to seperate from his wall, with the following restrictions. Forstly, that section of wall is now only 1 foot thick, and a mere 50 points of damage will create a hole large enoygh to climb through. secondly, the wall loses half it's SDC, followed by a further 5% loss per minute as it begins to crumble. While he is seperate from the wall, he has 80 SDC and an AR of 12, plus his strenght is considered extraordinary. he may switch back to flesh and blood by cancelling the power (wall dissolves over a melee round)

Batts
dragon_blaze_99
Hero

Unread post by dragon_blaze_99 »

very cool Iczer Wrestler with borrow power would be fun :D
The mind is the gateway to the future
Ethics are so annoying. I avoid them on principle
MrTwist
Hero

Unread post by MrTwist »

Whiz Kid wrote:
MrTwist wrote:This is inspired by a post in another thread by Whiz Kid.

... :shock:

I love you and hate you.

:lol:

Explain both reactions.
"Do you even know what the word theory means? You must think it means '**** that you make up'."
---Penn Jillette
MrTwist
Hero

Unread post by MrTwist »

2.Discriptive Combat:

That's just funny as hell. I wish I would've thought of it first.
---Penn Jillette
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

MrTwist wrote:

2.Discriptive Combat:

That's just funny as hell. I wish I would've thought of it first.

Well, I first thought it up over 12 years ago. The writing it out first you might have been able to do.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Whiz Kid wrote:
Whiz Kid wrote:
MrTwist wrote:... :shock:

I love you and hate you.

Explain both reactions.

I hate that you took the joke and ran with it, but I love that you made it funny as hell.

No way am I putting it in my game, but it was great for a laugh.

Silly powers are great for shock value as used for NPCs. :-P
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Iczer wrote:Chanell Warrior spirit: [Major] By Iczer
'I'm baaack'

The character can sift through time and overlay the personality of a warrior over himself, gaining his memories and martial expertise.
1) Pool of talent: at first level the character can select from a pool of 1 warrior. as he progresses in levels he gains an additional one warrior per level. Each warrior has it's own unique advantages and skills that the character may use. It takes 2 actions to superimpose his target's skills over his own, and the overlay lasts 8 minutes (+2 minutes per level) before requiring 10 minutes of rest.
2) Warrior talents: The warrior spirit posesses the following abilities.
6 skills. these skills are used to 'acquire' the warrior's HTH form as well as any other skills typical to that character (weapons skills, survival skills etc). skill level is the character's level +2, and OCC skills enjoy a 15% bonus. The warrior spirit does not advance as the character does. In addition, the character gains the local literacy (if literate) and language as well as an idea of basic geography. Each warrior spirit has it's own IQ, ME and MA, each rolled randomly. By taking on a warrior spirit, the character may shed debilitating mental conditions. (such as psychicly induced paralysis) essentially, the new personality gets a new save. each warrior spirit sheathes the character in a 30 SDC field of force(recovers after 24hours), and by adopting a warrior spirit, the character heals 2d6 HP.
3) Translation: When subsumed by the memories of a past warrior, the character has limited access to his own skills (-25%) and translates all that he sees and hears into relevent experience and memories. a character facing multiple gunmen in an alley, may percieve instead a row of ninja archers in a woodded glade. as a result, he does not comprehend technology from after the time period the warrior has been drawn from. likewise, while words and language are translated into a speech and writing, the character may otherwise disregard important clues and circumstances. (EG: Channelling the spirit of Thukk Two feathers, a neanderthall tribal warrior, the character would not recognise nor even acknowledge a computer, he may percieve a curious, brightly painted rock for instance.) if a character would need to see or visualise something that the dominant warrior spirit cannot, the character may make a relevant perception check (usually needing a 15 or better). the warrior spirit personality may be different, but it shares the same goals and desires of the character (as well as alignment)
4) Enhanced spirits: at level 3,6,9 12 and 15, the character can improve one warrior spirit giving it one extra lavel and adding 10 SDC to it's force field. such a character also acquires 2 secondary skills.
5) picking and choosing: now this is gruesome. if the character is in the presence of a person when he dies, he may adopt that character's spirit (will not take effect until next level). he gains thier basic memories, their HTH skills and 2 other skills from thier list of available skills. The target may resist with a saving throw vs psionics (with a bonus of +2). In this case, the warrior spirit does not have to share the character's alignment or goals (but will have his memories) and may refuse to fight former allies.

Batts

This is awesome. :ok:
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

One of the next powers I will be posting up will be Water Works, a combined power utilizing aspects of Bio-armor and APS Liquid(developed by myself with the help of a player of mine, Ammon), but someone else mentioned in another thread about using Bio-Armor over APS Plasma, which I may have to adapt into a power called Blast Furnace.
I was just wondering if anyone had developed anything like this in the past.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

One of the next powers I will be posting up will be Water Works, a combined power utilizing aspects of Bio-armor and APS Liquid(developed by myself with the help of a player of mine, Ammon)

Water Works(Major)by Ken Dowsland, a.k.a. Stone Gargoyle,
and Ammon Gardea

1.Bio-Armor: The character appears to be made of pipes which are actually a type of organic shell.
Natural Armor Rating:16. Any damage below 16 does no damage. Any rolls above 16 do damage to the armor/shell.
SDC:200 +20 per level of experience.
Movement Penalty: Character's speed is reduced to half. Prowl is at -40%. Cannot climb in this form.

2.Water Points: Upon becoming changed, the character's SDC becomes watrer points which he can use for water bolt attacks. This water must be replenished before the character can return to human form. He regains it by absorbing 1 gallon of water per 10 water points.

3.Water Bolts: The character can draw upon the water in his body and fire a stream of water at an opponent. The impact is about twice as hard as a normal punch.
Cost: 2 water points per bolt
Range: 30 feet plus 10 feet per level
Damage: 2d4+1 per level
Duration: Instant
Attacks: counts as 1 melee attack/action, appears as valve opening up in hand or other location.
Bonus: +1 to strike

4.Limitations: The character cannot move normally outside his metal shell. Electricity, energy, fire and heat do normal damage.
Explosions or severe enough damage to crack the bio-armor release the water within. If this happens, the combined parts, water and metal, must be within a 10 foot are to allow him to return to human form. If he has within 90% of the SDC, he can return to normal with available SDC and heal the rest( will look thin but retain all limbs and organs).
All of his senses are half as effective, being -4 to perception rolls

5.Increased Mass and Strength
Weight is 8 times normal. Physical strength becomes Superhuman in this form. Fatigues at half the normal rate.

6.Pipe Linking: The character can unscrew his hand( appears like a gauntlet) and link his arm into an existing pipe system to absorb water and increase his blast damage.
Water Blast: Can shoot sprays of water for damage.
Range: 300 feet +100 feet per level
Damage: 3d6 +1d6 per level
Attacks: uses 2 melee attacks/actions
Bonus: +4 aimed, +2 wild
Regains 2d6 water points per melee by absorbing water in this fashion

7.Other Abilities and Bonuses:
Horror Factor of 13
The character still has to breathe but lasts twice as long underwater in human form, breathes underwater as waterworks being
The character radiates no heat, thus is unable to be detected by infared or heat sensors
Can sense water sources within 20 feet even when not obvious

8.Special Stunts

Topedo Tubing: The character can use the water blast to propel himself through the water like a torpedo
Speed: 150mph +10mph per level

Bazooka Action
The character can use his tubing to fire off missiles for their normal damage

Ken
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

UPDATE: I did the Blast Furnace power last night and will post it along with others this weekend probably.
MrTwist
Hero

Unread post by MrTwist »

Whiz Kid wrote:
Whiz Kid wrote:

I love you and hate you.

Explain both reactions.

I hate that you took the joke and ran with it, but I love that you made it funny as hell.

Ahh, got ya. How could you possibly hate me for running with that joke? I thought it was pretty funny, especially when I started thinking about how to apply it. I think I might give it a cameo in my game.
---Penn Jillette
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

extraordinary dextreraty-you gain 3d12 points of dexterity(not sure what that would be is palladium terms)
tell me what you think of this power & weather it should be minor or major.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

MrTwist wrote:
Whiz Kid wrote:
Whiz Kid wrote:

I love you and hate you.

Explain both reactions.

Ahh, got ya. How could you possibly hate me for running with that joke? I thought it was pretty funny, especially when I started thinking about how to apply it. I think I might give it a cameo in my game.

The trick would be how to work it in. Maybe have a character hit by a cosmic ray while tanning or some energy reaction in a tanning bed? :-P
Roscoe Del'Tane
Adventurer

Unread post by Roscoe Del'Tane »

Acidic Fluids [Minor] by Roscoe Del'Tane
"Ahhchooo! Dang it! I loose more walls that way."

The character's body fluids are very potent acids, all of them. That means not only blood, sweat, and spit, but spinal fluid, semen, phlegm, tears; anything that's part of their body and wet is acidic.

Now for some bad news, this power is always on, it cannot be shut off short of the Negate Powers ability or death (in which case, their body literally dissolves into a puddle of goop, no identifying features save a big burn mark). Better hope you don't drool in your sleep, you might want to invest in a bunch of air conditioners, and say good-bye to your love life.

Some good news, player can choose or roll on the following table to get one fluid that's an activated acid (choose when it's acidic or not).

1. Spit/Saliva
2. Phlegm
3. Tears
4. Blood
5. Urine
6. Semen (for men only, obviously)
7. Sweat
8. Mucous

Bonuses:
Character has an instinctive knowledge of acids, can always tell what is and is not a corrosive agent, and has a 55% + 5% chance per additional level of knowing exactly what just kind at a glance. Add another 20% if allowed a detailed look/examination.

Character is completely immune to all forms of acid and corrosive agents; can bath in or drink them with no ill effects if they so wish.

Acid slick, whenever the character is subjected to melee attacks, attacker takes 1d6 points per melee for 1d4 melees, from the acid (this includes non-magical weapons that strike the character). If the attacker scores a critical hit, they too take double damage. Character can spit acid up to 6 feet, dealing the same damage. Obviously, attacking from a distance would be wise here, as well as some kind of cryo-stassis restraints.

Damage inflicted by this characters acid takes twice as long to heal, and usually leaves large, angry scars. If on the face, or covering large portions of the victims body, some P.B. modifiers might be necessary.

Figured that this power would add a few interesting plot twists to the game. Better not give this character that priceless masterpiece, it'd melt! Would make for a couple of great villains too, a guy who can't touch anybody without wounding them, goes on a rampage in frustration.
You'd be suprised at what the G.M. will allow with a little blackmail and bribery...

"Jack! You've debauched my sloth!" - Steven Matrin

"Artillery is the King of the Battlefield, Infantry is the Queen; and everybody knows what the King does to the Queen."- Stuart, from StarDestroyer.net
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Roscoe Del'Tane wrote:Acidic Fluids [Minor] by Roscoe Del'Tane
"Ahhchooo! Dang it! I loose more walls that way."

The character's body fluids are very potent acids, all of them. That means not only blood, sweat, and spit, but spinal fluid, semen, phlegm, tears; anything that's part of their body and wet is acidic.

Now for some bad news, this power is always on, it cannot be shut off short of the Negate Powers ability or death (in which case, their body literally dissolves into a puddle of goop, no identifying features save a big burn mark). Better hope you don't drool in your sleep, you might want to invest in a bunch of air conditioners, and say good-bye to your love life.

Some good news, player can choose or roll on the following table to get one fluid that's an activated acid (choose when it's acidic or not).

1. Spit/Saliva
2. Phlegm
3. Tears
4. Blood
5. Urine
6. Semen (for men only, obviously)
7. Sweat
8. Mucous

Bonuses:
Character has an instinctive knowledge of acids, can always tell what is and is not a corrosive agent, and has a 55% + 5% chance per additional level of knowing exactly what just kind at a glance. Add another 20% if allowed a detailed look/examination.

Character is completely immune to all forms of acid and corrosive agents; can bath in or drink them with no ill effects if they so wish.

Acid slick, whenever the character is subjected to melee attacks, attacker takes 1d6 points per melee for 1d4 melees, from the acid (this includes non-magical weapons that strike the character). If the attacker scores a critical hit, they too take double damage. Character can spit acid up to 6 feet, dealing the same damage. Obviously, attacking from a distance would be wise here, as well as some kind of cryo-stassis restraints.

Damage inflicted by this characters acid takes twice as long to heal, and usually leaves large, angry scars. If on the face, or covering large portions of the victims body, some P.B. modifiers might be necessary.

Figured that this power would add a few interesting plot twists to the game. Better not give this character that priceless masterpiece, it'd melt! Would make for a couple of great villains too, a guy who can't touch anybody without wounding them, goes on a rampage in frustration.

Why would he have a knowledge of acids necessarily? In an adult who has become used to this fact about themselves I can see this, but what if it is a mutant child? I don't think that should necessarily be automatic.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Mephisto wrote:
abe wrote:extraordinary dextreraty-you gain 3d12 points of dexterity(not sure what that would be is palladium terms)

I don't think Palladium even uses D12 dice...

I have never seen them refered to in any of the books. It is the equivalent of 6d6, which is how it should be listed.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Mephisto wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:
Mephisto wrote:
abe wrote:extraordinary dextreraty-you gain 3d12 points of dexterity(not sure what that would be is palladium terms)

I don't think Palladium even uses D12 dice...

I have never seen them refered to in any of the books. It is the equivalent of 6d6, which is how it should be listed.

Even still, the power as he wrote it is very broken; an extra 6D6 to P.P. is rediculous.

Oh, I agree. I was simply addressing the dice issue while choosing not to respond to the ridiculous bonus it would give.
MrTwist
Hero

Unread post by MrTwist »

I had an idea, but I'm still working on how to write it up. I'll probably end up calling it Weight Manipulation 2.0 or something like that, since that's what it is.

Basically the power will allow the character to control weight dispersion in an object/person. While they can't actually change what something weighs, they can change where the weight is in an object.

It could knock people off balance when all of their weight becomes focused on their arm, make someone harder to knock over because all their weight is focused in their feet, allow someone to ignore leverage by placing the weight closer to where they're holding something, etc...

Hopefully I'll find the time soon to actually get it written up. Unless, of course, someone already beat me to it.
---Penn Jillette
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

MrTwist wrote:I had an idea, but I'm still working on how to write it up. I'll probably end up calling it Weight Manipulation 2.0 or something like that, since that's what it is.

Basically the power will allow the character to control weight dispersion in an object/person. While they can't actually change what something weighs, they can change where the weight is in an object.

It could knock people off balance when all of their weight becomes focused on their arm, make someone harder to knock over because all their weight is focused in their feet, allow someone to ignore leverage by placing the weight closer to where they're holding something, etc...

Hopefully I'll find the time soon to actually get it written up. Unless, of course, someone already beat me to it.

There are various alternative weight dispersal powers, so it is hard for me to say how unique yours will e compared to the others, but by all means write it up. There is no harm in variety.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

This is based on the Water Works power:

Blast Furnace(Major)by Stone Gargoyle

1.Bio-Armor: The character appears to be made of sections which are actually a type of organic shell.
Natural Armor Rating:16. Any damage below 16 does no damage. Any rolls above 16 do damage to the armor/shell.
SDC:200 +20 per level of experience.
Movement Penalty: Character's speed is reduced to half. Prowl is at -40%. Cannot climb in this form.

2.Plasma Points: Upon becoming changed, the character's SDC becomes plasma points which he can use for plasma bolt attacks and for flight. This plasma must be replenished before the character can return to human form. He regains it by consuming 10 pounds of material per 10 plasma points.

3.Plasma Bolts: The character can draw upon the molten plasma in his body and fire a stream of heated plasma at an opponent. The plasma will light any flammable material and 2-3 bolts will melt through a strong metal door.
Cost: 2 plasma points per bolt
Range: 200 feet plus 20 feet per level
Damage: 1d6X10+2 per level( damage cannot be regulated)
Attacks: counts as 1 melee attack/action, appears as valve opening up in hand or other location.
Bonus: +2 to strike

4.Limitations: The character cannot move normally outside his metal shell. Imune to fire, plasma and heat attacks, but takes twice damage from cold and ice attacks.
Explosions or severe enough damage to crack the bio-armor release the plasma within, doing 4d6 damage from plasma leaking through a crack, or 1d6X 10 damage from plasma erupting through a large hole. If this happens, the combined parts, plasma and metal, must be within a 10 foot are to allow him to return to human form. He will naturally consume materials in the environment to replace lost plasma points before returning to human form.
All of his senses are half as effective, being -4 to perception rolls

5.Increased Mass and Strength
Weight is 3 times normal. Physical strength becomes Extraordinary in this form. Fatigues at half the normal rate.

6.Plasma Flight: By burning 20 plasma points, the character can rocket himself in short bursts, sustaining flight for 10 minutes per level, at a speed of 60mph, +2mph per level.

The Fire Within: Without his bioarmor shell protecting him, the character as all the dangerous limitations ans disadvantages of APS Plasma, melting through objects and inflicting 1d6X10 damager to anything he comes into contact with.

7.Other Abilities and Bonuses:
Horror Factor of 13

Ken
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

Flash shield: [Minor] By Iczer
'stop shooting him you morons!, use the dang flamethrower'

The character has the ability to spontaneously generate a small disk of force and hardened air in the path of an incoming obstacle, be it bullet, blade or laser. It activates at the speed of thought and acts as an automatic parry of +3, with a further bonus based on his ME attribute (as if his ME was his PP attribute). this sheild blocks 30 points of damage +5 per level of experience and thus can be blown through with enough force (though is created anew by his next action).
The shield has the following disadvantages
* Only effective against one attack at a time. a character under attack from multiple foes will need to defend against the others normally.
* the shield is about 16 inches across. while sufficient to block most melee attacks, it cannot shield vs attacks that can realisticly flow around it (flame throwers, burst fire attacks, tidal waves)
* the character's automatic parry does not add to his flash shield parry.

On the plus side, the character can opt to use this on behalf of another, nearby target within 40 feet (+10 feet per level) rather than himself.
In addition, the character can use this as a limited attack form, making a strike roll instead of a parry roll (same bonuses). the shield flashes in front of a target, moves rapidly a few inches before winking out of existence inflicting damage equal to 2D4 plus a damage bonus equal to his ME (as if it were his PS attribute). this can also be used to perform a disarm manoevre. At any rate, using this power offensively means he cannot use it defensively until his next action.

Wound feedback: [Minor] By Iczer
'Heh...nobody harms the Basalisk and gets away with it'

The character's body generates a low level field of energy, much like biomanipulation or the major power Disruptive touch, except that it lies dormant until the character suffers trauma. anyone touching the character while he takes damage, is exposed to sharp pain across the skin contact, proportionate to the damage inflicted. Anyone touching the character when he takes damage, including anyone foolish enough to strike him, must make a saving throw (14+ PE bonuses apply) or take 1d4 damage, plus 1 damage for every 4 points inflicted. those who make the save take only 1d4 damage (this damage is essentially electrical/bioelectrical in nature.

As an alternative, the damage may be a kind of bio-manipulation field instead (character cannot switch, must choose when taking the power) in which case the save is a save vs psionics (not a psionic power though). In this instance, anyone touching the target while he takes any kind of trauma damage must make their saving throw or experience a sharp jabb of agonising pain and numbness. they lose their initiative (if they had it) and their combat abilities are reduced by 2 until their next action.

In any case the effect targets everyone in contact with the character at the time of impact, not merely his attacker, and works through even thick clothing and body armour (but not power armour) appropriately insulated attire also protects. Metallic melee weapons also conduct this power, but the user has +2 to save.
Note that this power is stimulated by injury caused by trauma. injury caused passively (through poison, disease, suffocation etc) do not trigger it.

The character also enjoys limited resistance to electricity (half damage) and resistance to pain (+4 to save and +20 SDC)

Corrupted wound: [Major] By Iczer
'The claws of the basalisk carry something far worse than poison my friend'

The character's body produces a bio-entropic force that, when applied against a foe, causes grevious wounds and injuries.
When the character attacks and strikes a foe in combat with any natural weapon (hand held weapons and ranged attacks do not count) the target must make a saving throw (14+ PE bonuses count) or simply lose a point of his PE attribute. the target feels the wound become instantly infected with calcium like deposits that grow and burst from the point of impact, making the wound appear like it has become petrified.
The wounds do not heal of their own accord, instead they must be treated medically with either first aid (-15%) holistic medicine (-10%) paramedic (-5%) or MD (-0%). Characters scraping the crud off (the equivilent of yanking out a tooth) will inflict 1 point of damage for every 5 points he has already lost to this power, and of course the wounds will bleed. Targets of this power will not drop below 8 PE
Targets who are not flesh and blood are immune to this effect, but those with biologically derived armour, and those who are invulnerable are not. if an attack on an invulnerable person or person with biologically derived organic armour takes no damage, he still must save (at +2) to avoid the PE loss and take 1 point of damage.
Lost PE recovers at a rate of one per hour (one per minute for those with enhanced regenerative facilities)

Other bonuses: +1d4+1 to PE, +1d4x10+10 to SDC. +1d4 to bare handed melee attacks.
May use this power on himself: gaining an AR of 8 for the first point of PE loss and +1 ar for every PE point lost after this (to a maximum of 15). as well as +10 SDC per PE point lost in this fashion. The character requires one melee per PE point lost to perform, and can heal it all back at a rate of one PE point per 10 minutes.

Harmonic Shield: [Minor] By Iczer
'The sounds of the bullets hitting him...it was like an orchestra!'

The character can generate a kind of fluid energy, which flows over and around his body like a thick skin of liquid, transperant energy. This field of energy provides an AR of 10 and an SDC equal to twice the character's ME (+10 per level). When objects strike this force field, the energy breaks up, making a kind of sound distinctive to the type of impact. The shield automatically halves the damage from energy sources. The character also enjoys a kind of psionic and magic resistance (as well as a resistance to some super powers). if the character would need to make a saving throw vs magic, psionics or another power, he may choose to dump 1 SDC per level of the attacker (or per spell level)
Drawbacks, not only does it require an action every melee round to maintain the field, but it also slows him down by 25% (reduce Spd by 1/4). It is also bad for stealth, as it not only glows, but sings when damaged! also the coating prevents the character from handling objects without dropping the field (effectively has hands like boxing gloves). on the up side when the field is active, he has +4 PS. The field regenerates 1 SDC every 5 minutes. all powers and bonuses of the field dissapear when the field is destroyed.

Invest: [Major] By Iczer
'yes my minions....I will grant you a portion of my power..but I will collect..with interest later'

The character has the ability to invest his own life force into another, for withdrawal at a later date.
1) invest in other. By expending 3 melee actions, the character may drain away 10% of his SDC and 1 point of PS and PE and place it into another, willing recipient. The target gains the SDC as well as 1d4 PS and PE, and is filled with power and vitality (gains +1 to strike parry and dodge and +5% to all skills) this transfer of power does not debilitate the user (aside from the PE, PS and SDC loss). The character cannot drop his PS or PE below half their normal values.
2) Withdrawal: as an action, the character may withdraw his investment, gaining back the invested SDC, PE and PS. If the target has not got enough SDC remaining to support this loss, then it comes from his HP. if this would reduce his HP below zero, then he may make a saving throw (15+ PE bonuses apply) to stay at 1 HP (this may deny the character some SDC). If the target has been invested for more than 24 hours, then the return is more satisfying, adding +1 to all combat actions and +5% to skills from the rush (lasts 2d4 minutes) and healing 1d4 damage.
3) extract interest: when withdrawing an investment, the character may choose to extract a little bit more. the target must have been invested for 48 hours or more for this to function. The interest comes as an additional 1d4 PS and PE points, as well as 1d6 extra SDC per level. The target may make the usual saving throw (detailed above) but this does not stop the withdrawal, and it does provide a little interest (limited to 1d6 total extra SDC)
4) Extract: the character may also interrogate others by withdrawing his energies. the character gains 1d4x10% plus 5% per level of the target's recent memories. the standard saving throw (15+ ME bonuses apply) will halve this percentage. the memories are jumbled and confused and are merely copied not stolen. the target must have been invested for 48 hours for this to function
5) feedback and bonuses: The character gains tangible bonuses by investing in others. He becomes aware instantly of the subjects alignment, current mood and emotions and their level of health. he may redirect wounds inflicted upon himself to anyone he has invested (channels half the damage. damage cannot exceed twice his total SDC investment). likewise, he may channel half the damage done to one of his investee's to himself or to another investee.
6) addiction: the character's power is addictive, and those who recieve it stand a chance of being addicted by it. while high, the character has all the bonuses listed in #1. when the power is removed, the character starts to fall into withdrawal. withdrawal symptoms resemble those for the first week of alcoholism withdrawal, except the penalties last only 4 hours per level. at the characters option he may choose to make withdrawal worse ( double normal penalties and double duration), or better (mild longing, but otherwise no ill effects)

Batts
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Iczer,

I like the Invest power. Kind of sinister, yet beneficial at the same time.

Ken
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Omnifarious wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:Why would he have a knowledge of acids necessarily? In an adult who has become used to this fact about themselves I can see this, but what if it is a mutant child? I don't think that should necessarily be automatic.

Because it's instinctive? Maybe the percentile can be lower, like 25%+5% per level of experience.

I don't think it would be instinctual. That would mean everyone would automatically be a phlebotamist and know everything about their own blood. Not likely.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Omnifarious wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:I don't think it would be instinctual. That would mean everyone would automatically be a phlebotamist and know everything about their own blood. Not likely.

Everyone with that power, you mean? I don't see why not, since most of the powers defy scientific explanation, anyway. And everyone with Alter Physical Structure: Stone would be a geologist and everyone with quite a few of the Control Powers would be an automatic thermostat half the time. I understand where you're coming from if you're concerned about game balance, it was contrived as a minor power anyway. But maybe it's just a "perk" the power gives. I don't know (shrug).

I am a firm believer in learning your powers, not just having an automatic knack all the time. Everyone with APS Stone would not be a geologist, most would not even think of themselves as stone, per se. I would think the character might freak out a bit the first time he or she transformed.
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

Power blossom [Major] By Iczer
'bada bing badda BOOM!'

The character has the ability to create an arcing bolt of energy (type chosen upon character creation) that swerves and curves in large sweeping arcs before bouncing back to the character. essentially, creating an area of destuction.
1) area of effect: The power blossum fills an area some 20 feet in radius, centred on the character, plus 5 feet per level. every target in the area will become subject to this power. the character can reduce this area down to as little as 10 feet in radius.
2) Bonus to hit: Special. No strike roll is necessary per se, but each target must dodge (14 or better) to avoid being struck. Objects with an AR of 13 or less will take full damage. the difficulty to dodge rises by 1 at levels 3,5,7,9,11,13 and 15.
3) Damage: 4d6 to every available target, +2 per level. in addition being struck by this power causes one of the following effects (chosen upon character creation)
* Damaging: inflicts an extra 2d6 damage
* Stunning: targets must make a saving throw (16+) or lose one action and initiative. electrical items may short out.
* Force: each struck target must save vs balance or be knocked over and 1d6 feet in a random direction. unattended objects under 100 lbs will be sent 3d4 feet.
* Combustive: targets have a 30% chance of being set alight by this power ( 75% if already combustable).
* Blinding/deafening. character struck by this power must make a saving throw (16+) or be dazzled by the attack (blind or deaf for the rest of the melee round)
* penetrating: the attack ignores 3 points of AR on targets within the area.
4) Actions: it takes 2 actions to use this power (though see below)
5) sustained storm: By concentrating and using up all his melee actions, the character can create a super storm effect. the power takes effect as normal, but continues for the entire round (and as long as he concentrates) 3 times per round this power will attack everyone in range, plus anyone touching the character while he concentrates on it will be automatically struck themselves.
6) Mini storm: at 4th level, the character can create a kind of mini power blossum, and send it outwards. a mini storm resembles a little hurrican of power, 3 feet wide and 4 high. after creation, the character may send it outwards at a target. it can move up to 50 feet in an attempt to collide with a target, and inflicts 3d6 damage +1 per level of experience. targets need to dodge (cannot parry but may attempt to block if able) scoring a 12 or better (+1 at levels 6,8,10,12 and 14) targets. the mini storm can just be left in one place if desired. The mini storm lasts until the end of the melee round, and then loses 1d6 damage every melee round afterwards.
7) other bonuses: th character is resistant to energy (half damage) and immune to damage of a source that matches the energy type produced by the power blossum

Power struggle: [Major] By Iczer
'Not so easy now is it'

The character can alter a person's bio-chemical makeup, crating natural enzymic blockers that inhibit and suppress powers. The character expends 2 actions to target an opponent within 60 feet. the target must make a saving throw (16+ PE bonuses count) or be afflicted with this power for 2d6 minutes (+1 minute per level)
The effects suffered by the target are as follows
* It is hard to turn a power on. Targets must expend one additional action to turn a power on. powers that can normally be used to block or parry are now unable to. combat bonuses provided by that power are reduced by half, except for initiative bonuses, which are reduced to 0. in addition psionic powers cost an extra 25% ISP to activate
* Powers that have increased durations are fatiguing: every melee round, the character who has a power that can be turned off must make a saving throw vs fatigue (12+) every melee round or become fatigued. the difficulty of the saving throw increases by one every minute. the character cannot recover from fatigue until the power is shut down. psionic powers see their durations halved.
* Powers that are on all the time: effectively become a burden. the character automatically becomes fatigued (even if otherwise immune or resistant) and see's his superhuman abilities become sluggish. superspeeds become halved as do combat bonuses and attacks per melee. strength drops one category.

Batts
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Iczer, you always provide powers in bulk. What do you get for shipping them that way, some sort of discount?:P
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:Iczer, you always provide powers in bulk. What do you get for shipping them that way, some sort of discount?:P

Mostly, I'll have one or two in mind, but they spawn ideas of their own, so i'll end up with a few more than I started with

Batts
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Iczer wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:Iczer, you always provide powers in bulk. What do you get for shipping them that way, some sort of discount?:P

Mostly, I'll have one or two in mind, but they spawn ideas of their own, so i'll end up with a few more than I started with

Batts

I find that I will create a power and then realize it can be converted for a different element or effect, so I wind up with multiple variants. Like all the variations on the plant wings and the Blast Furnace based on my Water Works power. I did a variant based on Spiral/Vortex(?) a wind and water based power from the books, converting if for fire and earth and calling it Inferno. I will have to post it pretty soon, this Inferno power.
I also have one called Warp Glass coming up. There are several I want to post next but getting the time to do them has been tricky of late, as I recently got into a place after being homeless a while. I have been running around constantly trying to get caught up.

Ken
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

I did a variant based on Spiral/Vortex(?) a wind and water based power from the books, converting if for fire and earth and calling it Inferno. I will have to post it pretty soon, this Inferno power.

Inferno(Major)by Stone Gargoyle

This odd power gives the superbeing the ability to spin fire and plasma, as well as lava molecules, at great speeds, providing a variety of effects and methods of attack that are based on the spinning of fire and earth mediums.

1.Fireburst: This attack fires a blast of rapidly spinning fire molecules. To do this, the character must be in the center of a raging fire.
Range: 100 feet +10 feet per level
Damage: 4d6, 6d6 or 8d6. +12 when at the center of the fire.
Attacks: Counts as 1 melee attack/action

2.Create Inferno: The character can merge small fires into one large fire, directing its movement as he concentrates on it, but he is unable to perform any other actions while doing so. The fire will move wherever directed by the character. The character can only make and control one Inferno at a time.
Range: Can control fires up to 100 feet away, +20 feet per level.
Duration: Controls Inferno for 2 full minutes per level. Its creator can stop/end it at any time, extinguishing it, should he desire to do so.
Inferno damage: Affects everything in a 30 foot radius, doing 3d6 damage to everything on its outer edges and 1d6X10 to everything within the fire itself every melee round. It can also lash out beyond the 30 foot radius at a single target to inflict the 1d6X10 damage, +1d6 at levels 5, 10 and 15.

3.Create Abyss: This ability creates a huge, spinning whirlpool in any large body of lava. The spinning lava makes escape more difficult. Anyone caught in the lave pit suffers 1d4X10 damage, +1d6 per level, each melee round caught in the abyss. Objects caught in this vortex are drawn toward its center at a rate of 20 feet per minute. Only one abyss can be maintained at any given time.
Range: Can be created up to 300 feet away.
Duration: Two full minutes per level.
Attacks per melee: The creation of the abyss uses up all of the available attacks for the entire melee round when it is first created. It then exists for the full duration of the power after the melee of creation or until ceased by the creating character.
Damage: The abyss affects a 40 foot radius and does 1d4X10 damage, +1d6 per level,to everything in its grip per melee round. Victims become disoriented, having no initiative and are -2 to strike, parry and dodge, plus half their melee actions( to keep from being pulled under the lava). There is a 01-75% likelihood of the victim getting stuck and pulled under the lava.

4.Protective Body Field: While amidst the flame, the character's body is surrounded by a protective energy field making him impervious to flame, plasma and lava. When not using his powers, the character still suffers only half damage from these substances. The character can also breathe w/o air for 15 minutes per level, allowing him to walk through choking fumes.

Ken
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

I also have one called Warp Glass coming up.

Wanna hear it? Hear it go:

Warp Glass(Major) by Ken Dowsland, a.k.a. Stone Gargoyle, and Ammon Gardea

1.Elongate glass: The character can alter bottles and other blowin glass to stretch and thicken, forming weapons.
Damage; The character can form sharp weapons doing 3d6 slashing damage or 2d6 blunt damage.
Duration: Reshaping glass takes 1 melee attack/action; the effects are permanent.
Range: Touch

2.Break Glass: The character can cause glass to shatter just by looking at it.
Range: 20 feet per level
Damage: Glass shards do 1d6 damage.

3.Redirect Windows: The character can warp windows on a building to act as support areas.
Range: Can build a bridge or ledge 30 feet across +10 feet per level per melee. If they are next to one another, he can form them into a bridge or slide between buildings or to the ground as an emergency ramp.
Note: The character can walk on windows/glass as if 30% normal weight with no slipping; can always maintain balance on his own bridges. The character can also command windows to form holding grips, allowing him to climb at + 10% up glass buildings.

Glass Armor: The character can fuse and meld any glass within range into form-fitting armor.
Range: 30 feet per level
AR: 14
SDC: 90
Attacks: Takes 2 melee attacks/actions to create armor.
Special: Glass can deflect light attacks, making the character immune to light and lasers. Can focus/ redirect sunlinght for the same effect as the minor super ability Energy Expulsion:Light.
Damage: 2d6 +1d6 per level of experience( damage determined by level created)
Attack Range: 600 feet
Duration: Permanent until destroyed.

5.Move/Adjust Glass: The character has a form of telekinesis over glass objects and can affect such thingas as mirrors, drinking glasses, etc., moving them as well as being able to reshape and reposition them at will.
Range: 20 feet per level.
Damage: none
Attacks: uses 1 melee attack/action
Can be used to alter size of glass objects by stretching and warping them. Can be used to strengthen and reinforce glass also.

6.Glass Minions: The character can sculpt glass to form "assistants". The number of active assistants is equal to half his ME +1 per every odd level. These can be made in any size( within reason).
AR: 14
SDC: 100
PS: equal to creator's ME
Speed: equal to creator's ME
Maximum targets: can move one per level.
Attacks: uses 1 melee attack/action per round it is in motion due to the concentration required.

7.Bonuses:
+20% to Art: Sculpture- Glass

8.Special Maneuvers and Stunts:

Warp Attack: Can cause windows or mirrors to wrap around targets and trap them.

Mend Glass: The character can reshape glass to close cracks, bullet holes and other openings.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Matter Expulsion: Ship Sphere(Major) by Stone Gargoyle

The character creates a basic ship at first level which gains abilities as he progresses.

1.Minimum/Maximum Diameter: The smallest the ship becomes is one inch, making it capable of being swallowed and hidden/held within the character's body when not in use. The largest it becomes is one inch above the character's height. The ship expands or contracts upon mental command of the character, able to reach its largest or smallest size in one full melee round.

2.Features: The sphere resembles and handles like a spacecraft, able to do verticle take-offs and landings. It has a single seat for the character, providing the character's PE number in hours of oxygen withing the cabin( seals around the character providing immunity to poisons/toxins while in the ship).

3.Flight: The ship can fly at a speed of 300 mph + 30 mph per level
Note: This can be increased by using a major slot to buy it a better flight power.
The character can steer the ship as if possessing an appropriate piloting skill of 70% +3% per level. Maximum altitude: indefinite.

4.Ship AR: The ship is organic, possessing a Natural Armor Rating of 10 at first level, +1 at 3, 6, 9, 12 and 15.
The ship has an SDC equal to the character's PEX10.

5.Appearance: The ship can appear however the character desires, but is roughly spherical.
Note:

6.Other Abilities and Bonuses: If the ship is destroyed, the character can belch up a new one in 1d4 days by consuming lage amounts of materials in a temporary form of Super-Consumption.

Ken
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

Crush [Major] By Iczer
'Now feel my power'

The character can create a force field type effect in order to grip, squeeze and shove opponents.
1) Force construct: The character creates the field of force up to 50 feet away +5 feet per level, if necessary making a strike roll to hit (+4). Targets may dodge this if they notice it coming, but the force itself erupts out of nowhere, and is only semi vissible, leading to a -2 to dodge. as a construct of force, it has an SDC equal to the sum of the character's PE and ME +5 per level. It's grip is also tenacious, and for purposes of maintaining or holding a target (not for actual crushing damage) the Force has a supernatural PS equal to the character's ME attribute +2 per level.
Striking a living, breathing target requires an action to perform (which may be dodged as usual, or parried by equivilant PS). Once an opponent is grabbed, he is held in place and may perform any of the manoevres listed below (2-4)
2) Crush: the simplest manoevre. a victim of crushing takes 2D6 damage, plus 2 per level. after the first squeeze, every subsequent squeeze inflicts an extra D6 damage. eventually any item may be crushed beyond repair. Note that the force construct is only able to grapple objects about 10 feet across. a motorcycle could be ripped in two (eventually) but a shool bus whould only have half of it crushed. Unresisting objects and inanimate objects may be crushed on the first round for it's base damage.
3) move: The character can, as part of his action, move an object in a direction of his choosing, moving him up to his ME in feet (or half that upwards) if the target has some way of resisting this movement, even traction on the ground, he may halve this distance. obviously this is a good reason to move them a few feet high first.
4) Shove: Once a target is gripped he may be shoved violently. The target is flung as many feet as the force construct's virtual PS. this relinquishes the character's hold on the target, but the target takes 2d6 from the fall (plus another 2d6 if he runs into a solid object) and he loses an attack from the throw.
5) halt movement: if a target is a moving object, this power may be used as a solid object with it's standard SDC. If the target does not destroy the force construct with the impact, then it stops moving. otherwise it's speed is reduced by 5 Miles per hour for every point of virtual PS the power has. This may be used as a parry against ranged attacks (not bullets) and may be used as a parry against long range attacks (such as jump kicks). each parry used in this manner requires an action to perform.
6) disarm: The power can be used more expediently against items held by another. use the normal strike bonus as a disarm attempt, but the subsequent parry is at -2, and the held item takes 1d6+2 damage in the process.
7) defences: a person held by this power has a few options to save him. Firstly his friends could come to the rescue. if the attacker performs any action other than using this power (such as a dodge) then the power stops functioning. likewise if the attacker is tripped, grappled, stunned or knocked backwards this power stops working.
Secondly, he can attack. if he posesses a ranged weapon (or ranged power) he may make a wild shot at -6 to attempt to hit a given target. targets must be valid though (if the attacker uses the move manoever to turn the target 180 degrees then he can't be targetted anymore). Likewise powers that don't need physical action to perform work as normal (though being crushed on a action by action basis does wreck concentration).
The character can also atack his bonds by flexing his muscles. this inflicts 1d4 damage plus his PS attribute. damage is reduced by 3/4 though due to his restricted movement. outsiders may attack the bonds as well though large attacks and area effect attacks hurt the target as well as the bonds. the bonds themselves are immune to energy damage.
The target may also try to escape his bonds. This is an opposed strength check. targets with normal PS fail automatically. extraordinary PS suffers a -10 to the check, and superhuman PS suffers a -5. The target may instead attempt an opposed PP vs the attackers ME check though he will suffer a -5 in the attempt due to the precsie nature of the grip.
Targets that can transform into malleable structures can escape with ease (takes 2 actions if still solid, otherwise takes a single action)
Targets over 400lbs can only be moved half normal distances (or have their speeds halved by #5). every 400 additional lbs sees these distances or speeds halved again. (so a small car and it's 2 passengers, 1200lbs, will have 1/8th normal effect.)
Objects with an AR (including people) of 14 or better take one half damage from crushing. objects with AR's of 18 or better take one quarter.

Batts

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”