Yeno RCC

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

I would say the FF takes only half damage, but reserve the right to change that opinion upon reading the description (which I'll do later)
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Giant2005
Knight

Unread post by Giant2005 »

I'd say no.
The FF is a completely separate ability and isn't physical in nature. If you were to say yes, then that decision would bring about a whole lot more problems for you. It is easier to draw the line now than to have people try and claim Cosmo Knights get their resistance to energy added to their FF or Temporal Raiders have their resistance to energy apply to an Armor of Ithan.
Before you even saw it coming, your players would start deciding a Sea Titan Master Psychic's Bio Regeneration abilities applied to their Psychic Body Field. A major exageration for sure, but I'm just exageration the problem already there.
Vinny
Adventurer

Unread post by Vinny »

Giant2005 wrote:I'd say no.
The FF is a completely separate ability and isn't physical in nature. If you were to say yes, then that decision would bring about a whole lot more problems for you. It is easier to draw the line now than to have people try and claim Cosmo Knights get their resistance to energy added to their FF or Temporal Raiders have their resistance to energy apply to an Armor of Ithan.
Before you even saw it coming, your players would start deciding a Sea Titan Master Psychic's Bio Regeneration abilities applied to their Psychic Body Field. A major exageration for sure, but I'm just exageration the problem already there.

I'd agree. The resistance to energy would be a physical aspect of their body whereas the force field is something their body or mind can generate.
The Phoenix is Coming!
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

Given the Yeno's power over energy in general, I'll stick by my answer that they're going to be able to extend their resistance to energy to their Force Field.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Vinny
Adventurer

Unread post by Vinny »

MrNexx wrote:Given the Yeno's power over energy in general, I'll stick by my answer that they're going to be able to extend their resistance to energy to their Force Field.

Unless specifically stated that their resistance extends to the the force field, I'd have to respectfully disagree.
The Phoenix is Coming!
Percy Ferkelberger

Unread post by Percy Ferkelberger »

You think this is cool, wait till you see the write-up for the Yeno in Hygiene of the Megaverse, good stuff!
Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Unread post by Mack »

Vinny wrote:
MrNexx wrote:Given the Yeno's power over energy in general, I'll stick by my answer that they're going to be able to extend their resistance to energy to their Force Field.

Unless specifically stated that their resistance extends to the the force field, I'd have to respectfully disagree.

Seconded. That's significant enough that it would've been explicitly called out.
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.

Return to “Rifts®”