TRAGEDY!! - Laptop Hard Drive Crashes

For discussion of the Palladium Open House, both past (May 2006 & May 2007) and possible future Open Houses. Who's going, games you're running or looking to play, etc.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Grand Paladin
Adventurer

TRAGEDY!! - Laptop Hard Drive Crashes

Unread post by Grand Paladin »

Oh my god, I can't believe this happened just 2 days before the OH- ALL my notes and characters for my Rifts: Grand Paladins game and my Robotech game are history!

I have notes to both, but I have to recreate a total of 18 pre-gen characters- 10 for the Grand Paladin game and 8 for the Robotech game.

This is a nightmare-

The best I can hope for is to recreate the characters and use my notes as a guidline and wing both games...

Sorry in advance if it's not up to snuff..

:eek: :( :( :-( :-( :-( :-( :x :x :oops: :oops:
"In America the President reigns for four years and journalism governs forever and ever. "
— Oscar Wilde
"I reject your reality and substitue my own!"
— Adam Savage, Mythbusters
Levi
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Location: Lost in a dream world with the occasional nightmare of what might be reality.

Unread post by Levi »

Bring the drive with you. I may be able to help you recover the data.
As a man's shadow follows his footsteps wherever he goes, so will destruction pursue those who commit evil deeds.
asajosh
Hero

Unread post by asajosh »

Grrr nothing worse then an ill-timed HD crash (is there EVER a good time?) :x

Sorry for your troubles.
Not trying to rub salt in the the wound, but in the future, gotta back it up! I've learned that lesson the hard way more then once... GL
Be at peace, my people. All shall be looked up.
Carl Gleba wrote:My original line of thinking goes along with asajosh...
Carl

Jesterzzn wrote:So just remember that its just the internet, and none of our opinions matter anyway, and you'll do fine. :)
J. Lionheart
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by J. Lionheart »

Cripes! Sorry to hear that GP :-/

Hopefully some data recovery can be achieved...

What system is the Grand Paladin game? I don't see one by that name doing a quick scan of the schedule.
Jeremiah Lionheart (Evan Cooney)
Only person ever to kill another player in KS's "Secret Enemy" game.
"Julius is convinced Evan Cooney was born to play Weasel Man." -Kevin
MADMANMIKE
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The Emolancer

Unread post by MADMANMIKE »

..Don't panic Pete, you'll do an awesome job. Send me a character outline or three and I'll work on the pregens for you on Friday while Xar drives us up.

-Mike >8]
Minions - Character Sheets <---- UPDATED LINK TO MY DA PAGE!!!
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."
Grand Paladin
Adventurer

Thanks to all for the good vibes.

I'm a big proponent of backing up the HDD, but I didn't take my own advice. About the HDD- it's not even being recognized by my Powerbook- i tried to restore with an archived backup- and I screwed something up royally.

As far as the Grand Paladins game- it's Rifts based, but it's all new. everything is my own creations based on an old manuscript submission that I never really finished.

I need some sleep now. I have to get up @ 6 AM- that's less than 4 hours from now.
"In America the President reigns for four years and journalism governs forever and ever. "
— Oscar Wilde
Milander
D-Bee

Unread post by Milander »

Again sorry to hear about the stress, but well you did a great job at the game :) Haven't gotten into a Robotech game in a LONG time and had a blast :) Story was great, and even hurt the head a little at the end (more because I was trying to come up with other uses for 'the stuff' :))
(don't wanna give spoilers incase it's run again or shows up someplace a la rifters or something)

But thanks again Pete for a great time :)

-Anton (AKA Cyclone Rider #1 AKA Mr Natural 20)
:eek:

So did everyone get that +1000 exp? Or just the doc?
Grand Paladin
Adventurer

Hey thanks Mildaner!

I'm glad that you enjoyed the game, that was my hope. I had a great time running it for all you guys, everyone was superb! :ok:

Thanks for keeping the plot twist a secret- maybe the adventure will come up again some day!

Special thanks again to everyone that played in my games over the Open House!

To my Grand Paladin players, it's too bad that we had to stop right at the point where it was going to get good. Kudos to MADMANMIKE and the crew for sticking through a on the fly rendition of the adventure! You all were awesome!

Grand Paladin
aka Peter
— Oscar Wilde
Xar
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: J.V. Adams
(he/him/his)

Unread post by Xar »

And, I really hope to see you finish the Grand Paladin setting and have it published. It looked uber-cool. I wish I could have gone back and finished it up.
~Xar~

↑, ↑, ↓, ↓, ←, →, ←, →, B, A select start
Grand Paladin
Adventurer

My many thanks Xar!!

The Grand Paladins (obviously) holds a special place in my heart- so I'd love to finish it up and see it published for Palladium.

Remind me, which character did you play- was is one of the twins, or the Bio-Armored Trooper??
— Oscar Wilde
Xar
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: J.V. Adams
(he/him/his)

Unread post by Xar »

Grand Paladin wrote:My many thanks Xar!!

The Grand Paladins (obviously) holds a special place in my heart- so I'd love to finish it up and see it published for Palladium.

Remind me, which character did you play- was is one of the twins, or the Bio-Armored Trooper??

I was the female twin.
~Xar~

↑, ↑, ↓, ↓, ←, →, ←, →, B, A select start

Return to “Palladium Open House”