OPEN HOUSE BLOG!!!!

For discussion of the Palladium Open House, both past (May 2006 & May 2007) and possible future Open Houses. Who's going, games you're running or looking to play, etc.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

rat_bastard
Kreelockian
Comment: Maybe if my sig line is clever enough someone will finally love me.

OPEN HOUSE BLOG!!!!

Unread post by rat_bastard »

Hey everybody, I have arrived at the Ramada, eaten something Denny's assures me is french toast, and planted my ass in the lobby of the Ramada inn down river. So far I saw three people in PB shirts, but I was too shy to say anything other than a halfhearted "Woo open house."
time to screw around with me camera.
Last edited by rat_bastard on Fri May 04, 2007 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

its the illegitmate_rodent. Me and apocalypse zero are up in 579. subbie in 576.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
rat_bastard
Kreelockian

I snuck past the Ramada's Incredible security (by waiting for someone to swipe their card at the locked doors) and infiltrated The Deific NMI's hotel room by telling him I was Jason Richards. Looks like I'm going to tag along to see Spider man 3 before the OH.
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
Percy Ferkelberger

Unread post by Percy Ferkelberger »

Well well well, Me Nimmy, Subby and whats his name and his wife and that woman that was with Subby (I'm terrible with names.) went to see Spider man 3 to kill time before the OH. The movie was good, not as good as the second in my opinion but a very good movie.

In line to buy Tickets we ran into none other than Jason Richards Himself (the original, not some cheap knock off), and he did not Kick me in the balls until I cried!

heres a Pic I took of the meeting, but I really am still too shy to talk to people.
rat_bastard
Kreelockian

Wow, this Hotel is really earning its 2.5 stars, heres a pic of the burn in the carpet made from an iron a prevoius tenent left in the floor. Seirously I'm lucky there are no dead hookers in here.
AlexM
Palladium Books® Staff

Unread post by AlexM »

That's not the real Jason Richards. I'm positive it's one of his clones!

Alex Marciniszyn :P
rat_bastard
Kreelockian

Ok, now I am waiting in the lobby of the Ramada inn, waiting for someone I can bum a ride off of. I'd ride with Nimmie but he appears to have disappeared. I knocked on his door but no answer. Obviously part of Mr Richard's revenge scheme.
rat_bastard
Kreelockian

well, I just took a break from the Open house friday to sit in a diner across the street that happens to have wi-fi connection. A pretty crappy Wi-fi connection but the coffee is great!.

I met Kevin for the first time, he was nice but very busy so I did not get a chance to talk with him. I got all of the books I wanted except rifters #8 and #26. I finally met Brandon, Josh, Apollo, Hippie mama, Verdilek, Ninja bunny and shininnininithishi (however you spell it), along with others who's names I have already forgotten.

Dee-bees of north America is as good as people have been saying and Machinations of doom is exactly what it is billed as, a great comic Plus stats. Neither are big on the toys which is a mild disapointment, but overall they are excellent books.
MADMANMIKE
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The Emolancer

Unread post by MADMANMIKE »

..Man, that was creepy. I hit the link to your pic here in the lobby and I was sitting in the exact same spot you were when you took it.

..I just came down to use the wi-fi to retrieve the outline for the character I told Pete I'd make for him.

-Mike <8]
Minions - Character Sheets <---- UPDATED LINK TO MY DA PAGE!!!
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."
rat_bastard
Kreelockian

Greyaxe
Champion
Comment: Role playing is not my hobby, it is my lifestyle.

Unread post by Greyaxe »

Gammed with Braden GMPHD last night, had a great preview of his upcomming Thundercloud galaxy. Played a TIVA inspector myself. Met lots of new people in the open gamming room at the end of the hall on the third floor. 380 or something. Gotta run getting redy for OH.
Sureshot wrote:Listen you young whippersnappers in my day we had to walk for 15 no 30 miles to the nearest game barefoot both ways. We had real books not PDFS and we carried them on carts we pulled ourselves that we built by hand. We had Thaco and we were happy. If we needed dice we carved ours out of wood. Petrified wood just because we could.
rat_bastard
Kreelockian

Got to the OH late because I slept, so I had to wait in a huge line to sign up for a game. But I did get signed up for two interesting games. Now I'm at the diner across the street sipping coffee and eagerly awaiting my breakfast.
Preacher
Hero
Comment: My Thermonuclear level defense of Palladium is neither condoned nor endorsed by Palladium Books.

Unread post by Preacher »

What do the new t-shirts look like? Any pic's?
ImageImage Yeah I like guns. Image
I pledge allegiance to this flag, if that bothers you well that's too bad!!!
AlexM
Palladium Books® Staff

Unread post by AlexM »

That wasn't Jason Richards. That was Josh Sinsapaugh!

Alex Marciniszyn

Commander, Fake Jason Richards Spotter Patrol
J. Lionheart
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by J. Lionheart »

Preacher wrote:What do the new t-shirts look like? Any pic's?

I'll get a pic up of the one I like best (and therefore acquired) when I get home if nobody else beats me to it. It's a very tasteful high quality t-shirt that is styled like a polo - colar and buttoned neck. It's black, with a small red emblem on the left breast of knight vs. dragon, as from the original "red cover" PF book. Beneath that, it says in small letters "Palladium Books, A Megaverse of Adventure." It's pretty much exactly what I've been wanting in a PB shirt for quite some time!
Jeremiah Lionheart (Evan Cooney)
Only person ever to kill another player in KS's "Secret Enemy" game.
"Julius is convinced Evan Cooney was born to play Weasel Man." -Kevin
rat_bastard
Kreelockian

Ok, I have been pretty lazy about Updating this blog.

Yesterday I played a Fun little rifts game, we where trying to break into Lone star and our temporal warrior. Then I sat down and watch Josh Singsapaugh and Branden Aten pick on Taylor White. You know how much of a ass Josh is on the boards? well it turns out he holds back allot, the guy gets the Bastard medal of honor for sitting and picking on a person trying to make sure you have fun.

I did not get to buy Branden Aten his beer, primarily because I kept losing him. But I did learn that his delays with Triax 2 are graduate studies and getting married related, so I can cut him just a little slack. Duck foot, you can keep pestering him if you want.

I did get to meet Ramon Perez and Apollo Okamura, I bought two prints from Apollo and and considering commissioning a character sketch from him and Ramon says he's planning on opening the butternut squash store in late summer, hopefully he will have Coffee mugs. Apollo says he can do the Vagabond uprising cover as a print for me, which is Awesome.
Milander
D-Bee

Unread post by Milander »

My two cred on the Ramada....2.5 stars? That's out of 10 right? *SHESH!*
I think someone bought an old Ramada, didn't remove any of the signs and just runs it leeching off the name. Lets HOPE the next open house is not at nor NEAR that Rat-mada.
Northern Ranger
Hero
Comment: Twenty year player of PF.
Fifteen year GM.
Creator and writer.
All around good guy.

Unread post by Northern Ranger »

Okay, yeah, I'm jealous. You're all at the Open House having a blast and I'm stuck here on the humdrum Oregon Coast working my butt off to support my family (which I can't afford to be there with ya!) It's a good thing their worth it. (My family that is.) I'll just have to live the OH vicariously through all of you. Thanks RB, you should garner the title of "Official Correspondent to Palladium Forums." 8)
This world is far too small not to want to see it all, but life is far too short to allow that to happen. - Falcon, Ranger (My primary hero in PFRPG setting)

"Unhand me you slobbering son of an Orcish whore!" - Ariana Moonstone, Palladin (Another primary character of mine.)

"Bastard!" War cry of Strut, Barbarian Mercenary. (That's for you James!)

300 Geek Points (So Far)
Josh Sinsapaugh
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Unread post by Josh Sinsapaugh »

rat_bastard wrote:Jason Richards

:lol:

You know, I don't even remember when you took that picture.

Did you surprise me with it?

~ Josh
Josh Sinsapaugh
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

rat_bastard wrote:Then I sat down and watch Josh Singsapaugh and Branden Aten pick on Taylor White. You know how much of a ass Josh is on the boards? well it turns out he holds back allot, the guy gets the Bastard medal of honor for sitting and picking on a person trying to make sure you have fun.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, like I noted many times this weekend: I am a professional *******.

It's just what I do.

~ Josh
rat_bastard
Kreelockian

Seraphim wrote:RB,
Pete's Place is awesome - thanks for the tip about food and wireless.

Not much to report in the way of Open House except KC is having a blast, and I spent most of yesterday at the hotel sleeping after driving all night.

Great pics!

I think next year I'm gonna hold a panel talk there. I just need some writers to come.
rat_bastard
Kreelockian

Josh Sinsapaugh

rat_bastard wrote:
Seraphim wrote:RB,
Pete's Place is awesome - thanks for the tip about food and wireless.

Not much to report in the way of Open House except KC is having a blast, and I spent most of yesterday at the hotel sleeping after driving all night.

Great pics!

I think next year I'm gonna hold a panel talk there. I just need some writers to come.

Are you serious?

That's a cool idea.

~ Josh
rat_bastard
Kreelockian

as soon as I can think of a subject for conversation.
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Milander wrote:My two cred on the Ramada....2.5 stars? That's out of 10 right? *SHESH!*
I think someone bought an old Ramada, didn't remove any of the signs and just runs it leeching off the name. Lets HOPE the next open house is not at nor NEAR that Rat-mada.

Eh.
The hallways were a bit rundown, but our room was pretty darn good.
Nice, neat, clean. No bad smells.

I've stayed in much worse places.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Reelman
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator
Comment: Eliminating that not so fresh feeling from the world of role playing.

Unread post by Reelman »

The "We are all Jason Richards" picture was taken (around 3:00 on Sunday?) and I have seen it in someones photobucket shots, but don't remember who.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Reelman wrote:The "We are all Jason Richards" picture was taken (around 3:00 on Sunday?) and I have seen it in someones photobucket shots, but don't remember who.
Here is one I had taken for me...

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w62/ ... use074.jpg
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
rat_bastard
Kreelockian

I'm wearing one of my Jason Richard's shirts right now.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

hippie_mama wrote:I am totally disappointed; rat_bastard is far nicer in person than i had hoped. :x

He even loaned me one of his Jason Richards shirts so i could be in the group pic. Is that ****** up, or what? :lol:
Knowing rat though, he probably didnt wash the shirt so that he could have your scent on it for as long as possible.

J/K.
Glad you had a good time. Could you send me the pic me and you took on Friday? Pleeeeeeeeeease!!!
rat_bastard
Kreelockian

The Deific NMI wrote:
hippie_mama wrote:I am totally disappointed; rat_bastard is far nicer in person than i had hoped. :x

He even loaned me one of his Jason Richards shirts so i could be in the group pic. Is that ****** up, or what? :lol:
Knowing rat though, he probably didnt wash the shirt so that he could have your scent on it for as long as possible.

J/K.
Glad you had a good time. Could you send me the pic me and you took on Friday? Pleeeeeeeeeease!!!

and they call me a bastard.

:P
Milander
D-Bee

Unread post by Milander »

rat_bastard wrote:as soon as I can think of a subject for conversation.

ACK! RB is a hordie?!?!?!? EWWWWW

Return to “Palladium Open House”