Lazlo, the Mythical city of Dreams

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin
Comment: Full of Love and C-4, give me a hug.

Lazlo, the Mythical city of Dreams

Unread post by Mech-Viper Prime »

So all you anti-coalition supporters seems to love the city, but what do we ready know about this city of dreams
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
Marrowlight
Knight
Comment: Listen very carefully, human...the fact that I even allow you to speak directly to me is a gift I bestow upon you. You do not order me. You beg for my appreciation and then wait to see if I choose to bestow it upon you.

Re: Lazlo, the Mythical city of Dreams

Unread post by Marrowlight »

Mech-Viper Prime wrote:So all you anti-coalition supporters seems to love the city, but what do we ready know about this city of dreams

That it is made up of cotton candy and strippers.

oh wait, different city of dreams.
Soon I Shall Bring Forth A New Beginning, And All Shall Be Made Mighty At The Touch Of My Hand

Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations.
Chuck McDaniel
Explorer

Unread post by Chuck McDaniel »

mattyj77 wrote:
If they do make a dedicated sourcebook though I'm sure all my illusions will be shattered when it becomes apparent the whole shows run by some Alien Intelligence :-D

It is and Erin Tarn is it's foothold into Rifts: Earth :lol: .

Soooooo, Go CS kill the evil Erin Tarn and save Rifts: Earth :ok:

Chuck
It's God's job to judge the D-bees, It's our job to arrange the meeting! -Smiling Jack SAMAS bumper sticker.
Ravenwing
Hero
Comment: Chaplain of the CS.

Unread post by Ravenwing »

Chuck McDaniel wrote:
mattyj77 wrote:
If they do make a dedicated sourcebook though I'm sure all my illusions will be shattered when it becomes apparent the whole shows run by some Alien Intelligence :-D

It is and Erin Tarn is it's foothold into Rifts: Earth :lol: .

Soooooo, Go CS kill the evil Erin Tarn and save Rifts: Earth :ok:

Chuck

:ok: Prosek supports this message.
Blunt like a Warhammer to the face!

Akashic Soldier is my hero!
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin
Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

It's getting pretty big. That was stated in the aftermath book about taking in thousands and thousands of Tolkeen refugees and what not.

It's probably as big or equal to the capital of Tolkeen, but just think. "More tree hugger, less corrupt nastyness"

That being said they have a military force and stuff and arn't so stupid as to not KNOW they might be next in line. So they're probably gearing up, if secretly.

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

James Tiberius Kirk: Well, not _only_...
Ravenwing
Hero

That would be kinda cool if Erin Tarn is a evil SI :twisted: . Say she has plans of dominating earth and is trying to paint a bad picture of the CS so that it is less likely they will recive aid form other nations. Ohhhh, I'm gonna run with that for my campign restart here next week.

Chuck McDaniel
Explorer

Ravenwing wrote:That would be kinda cool if Erin Tarn is a evil SI :twisted: . Say she has plans of dominating earth and is trying to paint a bad picture of the CS so that it is less likely they will recive aid form other nations. Ohhhh, I'm gonna run with that for my campign restart here next week.

DO IT! DO IT!!!!

We all know she's EVIL :demon: . And she's slowly corrupting Rifts N.A.

The Triax people have already had their brains washed into thinking she's Hot
:puke: !

She must be destroyed! She has already corrupted a Cyber-Knight into thinking her cause is noble :frust: .

Chuck
It's God's job to judge the D-bees, It's our job to arrange the meeting! -Smiling Jack SAMAS bumper sticker.
Ravenwing
Hero

My Erin Tarn SI write up is complete, she could smoke a sploogie in a heartbeat. As well as my CS death-knight write up :twisted:

Chuck McDaniel
Explorer

Ravenwing wrote:My Erin Tarn SI write up is complete, she could smoke a sploogie in a heartbeat. As well as my CS death-knight write up :twisted:

Yes, my friend, Ravenwing.

Together we shall bring down the evil temptress "Erin Tarn" and save all of humanity.

Then, just then, will the d-bees and foul magic-users realize that they are indeed the inferior race and don't belong on "our" Rifts: Earth :twisted: !

Viva La Emperor Prosek :-D !

Chuck

P.S. Can I get a copy of that CS Death-Knight write up :wink: ?
Ravenwing
Hero

Actually for my CS death-knight, I used the cyber-knight, but changed the Code.

Talavar
Hero

Unread post by Talavar »

If there's another alien intelligence as the ruler of a major kingdom I'm going to scream, and if there's another alien intelligence as the ruler of a supposedly good civilization I'm going to punch somebody in the nuts.

Lazlo desperately needs a book of its own though, or at least to get described in a book. I mean, Rifts Canada basically said, "we're not going to talk about Lazlo, because it deserves its own book." Well, that's well and good, except that book doesn't exist. Lazlo is basically the major magic-based community in North America, as well as the community in Rifts Earth that's been presented as the most 'good,' but it's hard to do anything with in games without the GM making all the details up themselves.
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

Ravenwing wrote:That would be kinda cool if Erin Tarn is a evil SI :twisted: . Say she has plans of dominating earth and is trying to paint a bad picture of the CS so that it is less likely they will recive aid form other nations. Ohhhh, I'm gonna run with that for my campign restart here next week.

Of course, don't forget that her books contain a subtle hypnotic suggestion to hate the CS and embrace magic and the DBees...
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Ravenwing
Hero

Mark Hall wrote:

Of course, don't forget that her books contain a subtle hypnotic suggestion to hate the CS and embrace magic and the DBees...

Already in there. 8-)

Marrowlight
Knight
Comment: Listen very carefully, human...the fact that I even allow you to speak directly to me is a gift I bestow upon you. You do not order me. You beg for my appreciation and then wait to see if I choose to bestow it upon you.

Unread post by Marrowlight »

Ravenwing wrote:
Mark Hall wrote:

Already in there. 8-)

wait, she wrote the Siege of Tolkeen? ;)
Soon I Shall Bring Forth A New Beginning, And All Shall Be Made Mighty At The Touch Of My Hand

Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations.
Toc Rat
Hero

Unread post by Toc Rat »

We know that it is called the "Empire of Magic" in the core book, both the original and RUE. It is a democracy with a two house system. One is lead by a ancient great horned dragon and the other a human cyber-knight.

We know FQ would love to burn it to the ground and believe without a doubt that one day Lazlo will attack them but FQ, true to its beliefs of independance and isolationism, will not attack them first.

We know that New Lazlo was a town that got started by Lazlo during a archieological excavation.

I'd list its population as of Rifts :Aftermath but I am a few thousand miles away from my books at the moment.

The one really important fact we know is that we STILL don't have a book for it yet and if we ever do get it one, it had better NOT be a repeat of our wonderful Tolkeen book. Meaning, "Hurray we finally get to see this city they have been talking about since 1989 and the 1st printing of the core book!"...flips a few pages. "What?! They turn it to scrap?! Argh!!!!!"

While I have a soft spot for Palladium Books, that little stunt caused me to stop buying their books for many years. It was late in 2004 before I started buying them again. I'm not sure how long it would be if the Lazlo world book was done the same way, before I was able to buy another Palladium Books product.
Toc Rat: The Col. wants us to install what in his tank?!
Col.'s Driver: A cigarette lighter so he can plug in his cellphone charger.
Toc Rat: :frust:

RainOfSteel wrote:
An excellent insight that hits the nail on the head with a rune-hammer.

Winter wrote:One of the best thought out answers on this forum I have read for a while :ok:
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin
Comment: Full of Love and C-4, give me a hug.

Unread post by Mech-Viper Prime »

Siege of Lazlo : the Free Quebec story, I love it :D
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
Ravenwing
Hero

Mech-Viper Prime wrote:Siege of Lazlo : the Free Quebec story, I love it :D

FQ supports this message :ok:

Return to “Rifts®”