NEW POWERS!

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

dragon_blaze_99 wrote:damn man your on a roll.....

Well, here are some more:

Matter Expulsion: Chump Change(Minor) by Stone Gargoyle
The character shoots out coins from his palms which fire as if shot from a gun.

1.Coin Expulsion:
Attacks: One atack to fire, and an additional atack to aim, plus one more if the hero wants to make the coins shot out look like legal tender and not just a metal slug. The extra action is spent shaping and etching the coins somehow. While shaping the coins, the hero is lost in a trance, vulnerable to attack, unable to parry or dodge, and will suffer a -2 to initiative for the round.
Damage: 3d6 for single coin shot, X2 for short burst, X5 for long burst
Range: 150 feet, +10 feet per level
Bonus to strike: +3 aimed, +1 burst, +1 every 3 ;eve; beyond level one
Payload: Shoots PE number in coins in a magazine (see burst rules in Automatic Weapons section of HU2). Creates one magazine per hour.
Spray: The hero can shoot a burst at several targets at once, but without any level of accuracy, like shooting wild (must use long burst or total magazine to spray).

2.Stunts:
Jackpot Attack: If the hero has not used this power at all within the last 24 hours, he can generate a Jackpot attack. By doing so, he elects to sacrifice the ability to use the power again for 24 hours in return for an attack round where he can generate his PE number in coins (one magazine) each action of the melee rounsd (Total damage 3d6X5 for each attack in the round). The hero will be unable to perform any other actions while doing so (cannot dodge or parry), nor stop the onslaught once it has been initiated.
Last edited by Stone Gargoyle on Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin
Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

You could modify APS Pebbles to be APS Coins?

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

James Tiberius Kirk: Well, not _only_...
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Pepsi Jedi wrote:You could modify APS Pebbles to be APS Coins?

That is a cool idea. I will put it on my list of powers to try to write up. 8) It would be a blending of APS Metal and APS Pebbles, probably.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

I did that once for metal ball bearings (( and somone had APS Buckshot before APS pebbles was published and they were STRINGLY similar))

I think coins would be a bit different though.

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Pepsi Jedi wrote:I did that once for metal ball bearings (( and somone had APS Buckshot before APS pebbles was published and they were STRINGLY similar))

I think coins would be a bit different though.

Very, but I have to start somewhere. Those two have elements I can borrow, though. Coins being flat would not behave the same way as buckshot or ball bearings or pebbles, but would be a being made up of many snaller parts. Since I have the APS Pebbles to work from, I can make sure they are very much distictive of one another.
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

That seems more a side effect.. though it might be a good new "Heel"

"Painful powers"

Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Pepsi Jedi wrote:That seems more a side effect.. though it might be a good new "Heel"

"Painful powers"

Okay, so write it up.
I am about done with APS Coins and will be posting it shortly. The only troubling aspect is with the heat tolerance and making the reaction to explosions different. Right now what I have is that the coins would fuse together due to the heat, but coins are somewhat resistant to heat and would only take half damage, so I am not sure if this makes any sense. So far there is no accounting for if the coins would be blown in different directions from a blast. Also, I devised a system for the SDC and AR based on the number of coins, which in turn is based on the PE attribute, with a starting AR if 12. This makes sense because Baron Von Clogg's APS Copper variant has an AR of 14 and loose coins would have less natural AR than solid metal. If anyone has any suggestions on this, I would appreciate them.
LostOne
Champion

Unread post by LostOne »

This thread has gotten insanely long. I'd like to suggest some enterprising person with a post on the front page index all the powers, edit their post on the front page, and list what pages the new powers are on so it is easier to find new powers that fit what we are looking for. :)
"But you can't make an omelet without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others." -Order of the Stick #760
wolfsgrin
Adventurer

Unread post by wolfsgrin »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
Pepsi Jedi wrote:That seems more a side effect.. though it might be a good new "Heel"

"Painful powers"

Okay, so write it up.
I am about done with APS Coins and will be posting it shortly. The only troubling aspect is with the heat tolerance and making the reaction to explosions different. Right now what I have is that the coins would fuse together due to the heat, but coins are somewhat resistant to heat and would only take half damage, so I am not sure if this makes any sense. So far there is no accounting for if the coins would be blown in different directions from a blast. Also, I devised a system for the SDC and AR based on the number of coins, which in turn is based on the PE attribute, with a starting AR if 12. This makes sense because Baron Von Clogg's APS Copper variant has an AR of 14 and loose coins would have less natural AR than solid metal. If anyone has any suggestions on this, I would appreciate them.

make penalties to movement due to fused coins and slag around joints. this could be done after a sucession of heat blasts or applied after well place called shots.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Here is what I have so far:

Alter Physical Structure: Coins(Major) by Stone Gargoyle

The character can turn himself into a large mound of coins. While this is similar to APS Metal (specifically the APS Copper variant posted by Baron Von Clogg), the character is not one solid mass. Thousands of metal slugs, round and flat like coins, of the same size (size selected at the time of the character's creation) make up the character's body. The coins are held together in a roughly humanoid shape, the overlapping flattened coins resembling metal scales, and might be mistaken at a distance for a form of mail armor (such is the Character's level of control).

1.Increased Weight and Strength: Weight is tripled and his physical strength is increased by 1d6+4 and is considered Extraordinary (roll one time when creating the character is created to determine how strong he is when he transforms). Fatigues at half rate of normal humans.

2.Armor Rating and SDC: The character gains an AR of 12 when transformed, and has an SDC equal to 1 SDC per 10 coins. The number of coins is equal to the character's PEX500 (so a character with a PE of 16 would have an SDC of 800, being made up of 8000 coins). Every 1000 coins over ten thousand also increases the natural AR by +1, with a maximum AR of 15. When all SDC is gone, damage is done to Hit Points.
Electricity, light and lasers do no damage. Fire and plasma do no damage if the strike is under the AR and half damage if above the AR. Physical attacks do no damage whether the roll to strike is over the AR or not; only Extraordinary, Superhuman and Supernatural attacks inflict damage (Extraordinary and Superhuman do full damage if the roll is over the AR and none if the damage is under the AR; Supernatural attacks do full damage if over the AR and half damage if under the AR). Projectile weapons such as bullets, arrows or thrown weapons only inflict a single point of damage, although armor piercing and exploding rounds inflict half normal damage. Attacks with a kinetic nature (physical attacks, force bolts, projectile weapons, etc.) scatter the coins, scattering a number equivalent to the amount of potential damage (so a physical attack normally doing 6 points of damage, while inflicting no damage will displace 60 coins).
Grenades and explosives inflict half damage, and hit regardless of whether over the AR or not (as long as the roll is over 5). Powerful explosions and extreme heat (300 degrees Fahrenheit or greater) will fuse the coins together, immobilizing part or all of the character, potentially forcing them back into human form. All damage must heal before the character can transform back again, taking the normal time to heal APS SDC before he can retake coin form.
Also, damage sustained in combat will still be affecting the hero in human form, with lost coins appearing as gaping wounds.

3.Manipulate Shape: The coin creature can flatten out or stack himself as desired. Thus he can lengthen his form to twice normal height or lengthen his arms up to three times normal length. He can also pass under any objects suspended more than 2 mm off the ground and at least 3 cm wide. He can also make himself resemble a loose pile of coins.

4.Coin Blast The character can fire off coins in a fashion similar to machine gun fire.
Range: 150 feet +10 feet per level
Damage: As per automatic weapons fire: 3d6 for a single shot, X2 for short burst(20% of payload), X5 for long burst(50% of payload)
Spray: May shoot a long burst at multiple targets, but this will always be a long burst or the whole Magazine/payload.
Payload: The character's PE number in coins is one "magazine", with only one magazine capable of being used per hour. Shots must be deducted from the total amount of coins, potentially reducing SDC and AR.
Attacks: uses one melee attack/action, plus additional attack/action to aim shot.
Bonuses: +3 aimed, +1 wild, no bonus to spray.

5.Bank Merge: The character can separate his coins and allow them to be put in rolls, bags, cash drawers, etc. He will remain in control of all of the coins. Takes 2d6 minutes to reform and can only maintain such separation for his PE number in hours. He can use this to spy or gain transportation, or guard a money transfer. Coins can separate for the duration but are lost if rejoined in time. If used as currency, when hero shifts back to human form, expelled coins disappear and he loses a proportionate amount of SDC as a result.

6.Notes: Unless superheated, the character cannot be seen on on infared, thermal vision or heat sensors. Coin SDC regenerates at a rate of 3d6 per hour. Clinks and chimes when he walks, -40% to prowl. Speed is reduced by half when holding humanoid form (more if penalties apply when coins are fused), but can roll as coins when separated at a ground speed of 60mph +10mph on slick surfaces such as polished marble, half that along concrete or asphalt, as it is porous, and cannot roll along soft dirt and grass. Can also use this ability to skate in humanoid form so as to move at twice normal speed, but must concentrate to do so, losing one attack per melee action if using it in combat.
Coins resemble the type and denomination of choice, chosen at the time the character is created.
Last edited by Stone Gargoyle on Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

I like it..... it's a very nice version... interesting way to determine SDC......

Might want to include mention "If used as currency, when hero shifts back to human form. Expelled coins dissapear"

or more dramatically "Turn to equal amounts of flesh and blood."

Now THAT would rock.... also.... might want to include a "Skate" power, kinda like APS pebbles. As, we all know, Coins can roll like crazy if on end.

Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Pepsi Jedi wrote:I like it..... it's a very nice version... interesting way to determine SDC......

Might want to include mention "If used as currency, when hero shifts back to human form. Expelled coins dissapear"

or more dramatically "Turn to equal amounts of flesh and blood."

Now THAT would rock.... also.... might want to include a "Skate" power, kinda like APS pebbles. As, we all know, Coins can roll like crazy if on end.

I have thought about those things already and have edited the power some, so you may want to look at it again. Since this was a rough draft, it is a bit iffy and will need refinement. I did mention the roll rate for the hero when seperated into coins. I have also considered a coin manipulation subability by whioch he can control coins when not in coin form himself. I will also be working on a currency exchange power by which a character can change the appearance of coins to suit him in his travels.
As for the method to determine SDC, if you have read any of the threads I have written regarding tailoring powers to the individual, you would know that I do not like blanket SDC amounts for the APS categories.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Oasis(minor) by Stone Gargoyle

The hero can temporarily manifest an area of pleasant environment in an otherwise inhospitable area or region, such as a desert.
1.Hallucination Manifestation: When the hero becomes fatigued or fails a save vs. heat frustration or exhaustion (14 or better, PE bonus applies), he will hallucinate that he sees an area of lush vegetation and drinkable water. For the next 2d4 melee rounds, he may eat fruit and drink water from the area as if it were real, gaining the nutritional benefits of it and resisting further hunger and thirst (ideal for prisoners being tortured and the like). The her will be compelled to do so and must save vs. mind control not to (14 or better, ME bonus applies).
2.Drawbacks: No one else travelling with the hero will see on benefit from the oasis and will probably think the hero is crazy for drinking what they perceive to be dirt or sand(whatever is present) and eating invisible fruit.
3.Other Bonuses:
+1d4 ME
+1d6 PE
+10% to save vs. coma/death
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:Oasis(minor) by Stone Gargoyle

The hero can temporarily manifest an area of pleasant environment in an otherwise inhospitable area or region, such as a desert.
1.Hallucination Manifestation: When the hero becomes fatigued or fails a save vs. heat frustration or exhaustion (14 or better, PE bonus applies), he will hallucinate that he sees an area of lush vegetation and drinkable water. For the next 2d4 melee rounds, he may eat fruit and drink water from the area as if it were real, gaining the nutritional benefits of it and resisting further hunger and thirst (ideal for prisoners being tortured and the like). The her will be compelled to do so and must save vs. mind control not to (14 or better, ME bonus applies).
2.Drawbacks: No one else travelling with the hero will see on benefit from the oasis and will probably think the hero is crazy for drinking what they perceive to be dirt or sand(whatever is present) and eating invisible fruit.
3.Other Bonuses:
+1d4 ME
+1d6 PE

humm nice....I take the Major vertion of the same actully makes a real oasis?
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
wolfsgrin
Adventurer

Stone Gargoyle wrote:Here is what I have so far:

Alter Physical Structure: Coins(Major) by Stone Gargoyle

The character can turn himself into a large mound of coins. While this is similar to APS Metal (specifically the APS Copper variant posted by Baron Von Clogg), the character is not one solid mass. Thousands of metal slugs, round and flat like coins, of the same size (size selected at the time of the character's creation) make up the character's body. The coins are held together in a roughly humanoid shape, the overlapping flattened coins resembling metal scales, and might be mistaken at a distance for a form of mail armor (such is the Character's level of control).

1.Increased Weight and Strength: Weight is tripled and his physical strength is increased by 1d6+4 and is considered Extraordinary (roll one time when creating the character is created to determine how strong he is when he transforms). Fatigues at half rate of normal humans.

2.Armor Rating and SDC: The character gains an AR of 12 when transformed, and has an SDC equal to 1 SDC per 10 coins. The number of coins is equal to the character's PEX500 (so a character with a PE of 16 would have an SDC of 800, being made up of 8000 coins). Every 1000 coins over ten thousand also increases the natural AR by +1, with a maximum AR of 15. When all SDC is gone, damage is done to Hit Points.
Electricity, light and lasers do no damage. Fire and plasma do no damage if the strike is under the AR and half damage if above the AR. Physical attacks do no damage whether the roll to strike is over the AR or not; only Extraordinary, Superhuman and Supernatural attacks inflict damage (Extraordinary and Superhuman do full damage if the roll is over the AR and none if the damage is under the AR; Supernatural attacks do full damage if over the AR and half damage if under the AR). Projectile weapons such as bullets, arrows or thrown weapons only inflict a single point of damage, although armor piercing and exploding rounds inflict half normal damage. Attacks with a kinetic nature (physical attacks, force bolts, projectile weapons, etc.) scatter the coins, scattering a number equivalent to the amount of potential damage (so a physical attack normally doing 6 points of damage, while inflicting no damage will displace 60 coins).
Grenades and explosives inflict half damage, and hit regardless of whether over the AR or not (as long as the roll is over 5). Powerful explosions and extreme heat (300 degrees Fahrenheit or greater) will fuse the coins together, immobilizing part or all of the character, potentially forcing them back into human form. All damage must heal before the character can transform back again, taking the normal time to heal APS SDC before he can retake coin form.
Also, damage sustained in combat will still be affecting the hero in human form, with lost coins appearing as gaping wounds.

3.Manipulate Shape: The coin creature can flatten out or stack himself as desired. Thus he can lengthen his form to twice normal height or lengthen his arms up to three times normal length. He can also pass under any objects suspended more than 2 mm off the ground and at least 3 cm wide. He can also make himself resemble a loose pile of coins.

4.Coin Blast The character can fire off coins in a fashion similar to machine gun fire.
Range: 150 feet +10 feet per level
Damage: As per automatic weapons fire: 3d6 for a single shot, X2 for short burst(20% of payload), X5 for long burst(50% of payload)
Spray: May shoot a long burst at multiple targets, but this will always be a long burst or the whole Magazine/payload.
Payload: The character's PE number in coins is one "magazine", with only one magazine capable of being used per hour. Shots must be deducted from the total amount of coins, potentially reducing SDC and AR.
Attacks: uses one melee attack/action, plus additional attack/action to aim shot.
Bonuses: +3 aimed, +1 wild, no bonus to spray.

5.Bank Merge: The character can separate his coins and allow them to be put in rolls, bags, cash drawers, etc. He will remain in control of all of the coins. Takes 2d6 minutes to reform and can only maintain such separation for his PE number in hours. He can use this to spy or gain transportation, or guard a money transfer. Coins can separate for the duration but are lost if rejoined in time. If used as currency, when hero shifts back to human form, expelled coins disappear and he loses a proportionate amount of SDC as a result.

6.Notes: Unless superheated, the character cannot be seen on on infared, thermal vision or heat sensors. Coin SDC regenerates at a rate of 3d6 per hour. Clinks and chimes when he walks, -40% to prowl. Speed is reduced by half when holding humanoid form (more if penalties apply when coins are fused), but can roll as coins when separated at a ground speed of 60mph +10mph on slick surfaces such as polished marble, half that along concrete or asphalt, as it is porous, and cannot roll along soft dirt and grass. Can also use this ability to skate in humanoid form so as to move at twice normal speed, but must concentrate to do so, losing one attack per melee action if using it in combat.
Coins resemble the type and denomination of choice, chosen at the time the character is created.

can't help but think of a National Treasurer gestalt. "Couterfieters! Change is a comin."
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

"Change is comin'" lol what a catch phrase! *G* I kinda wanna play a hero like this now.

Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:Oasis(minor) by Stone Gargoyle

3.Other Bonuses:
+1d4 ME
+1d6 PE

humm nice....I take the Major vertion of the same actully makes a real oasis?

It might if I write a major power version, which I am actually considering.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Pepsi Jedi wrote:"Change is comin'" lol what a catch phrase! *G* I kinda wanna play a hero like this now.

that s a good catch phrase for the power. Kinda wish I'd thought of it.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

wolfsgrin wrote: can't help but think of a National Treasurer gestalt. "Couterfieters! Change is a comin."

That goes right along with another power I will be posting called Currency and Coin Conversion. I have a couple more I will be posting as well.
wolfsgrin
Adventurer

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
wolfsgrin wrote: can't help but think of a National Treasurer gestalt. "Couterfieters! Change is a comin."

That goes right along with another power I will be posting called Currency and Coin Conversion. I have a couple more I will be posting as well.

my save files await
Roscoe Del'Tane
Adventurer

Unread post by Roscoe Del'Tane »

G.I. Fortitude (minor) by Roscoe Del’Tane
“Ooh, dead body. Yummy!”

This character is able to consume virtually all types of organic material, short of advanced decomposition. Anything they can chew up and swallow can be safely digested, though their taste buds aren’t in any altered, and the food will taste absolutely foul if its carrion or other long dead matter. This does not give the character any stronger biting strength or sharper teeth, so normal bites only, just the stomach and guts are stronger than normal. All ingested poisons are fought at +5, and will be expelled though the skin. The character can consume up to half their bodyweight in matter at once, bloating their stomach, but allowing them to continue for several days without food. Once they have feasted so thoroughly, they will suffer half melee attacks, -3 penalties to all combat rolls, and -10% to all skills. In addition, the character doesn’t suffer from bowl disruption or gas problems.
You'd be suprised at what the G.M. will allow with a little blackmail and bribery...

"Jack! You've debauched my sloth!" - Steven Matrin

"Artillery is the King of the Battlefield, Infantry is the Queen; and everybody knows what the King does to the Queen."- Stuart, from StarDestroyer.net
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Roscoe Del'Tane wrote:G.I. Fortitude (minor) by Roscoe Del’Tane
“Ooh, dead body. Yummy!”

This character is able to consume virtually all types of organic material, short of advanced decomposition. Anything they can chew up and swallow can be safely digested, though their taste buds aren’t in any altered, and the food will taste absolutely foul if its carrion or other long dead matter. This does not give the character any stronger biting strength or sharper teeth, so normal bites only, just the stomach and guts are stronger than normal. All ingested poisons are fought at +5, and will be expelled though the skin. The character can consume up to half their bodyweight in matter at once, bloating their stomach, but allowing them to continue for several days without food. Once they have feasted so thoroughly, they will suffer half melee attacks, -3 penalties to all combat rolls, and -10% to all skills. In addition, the character doesn’t suffer from bowl disruption or gas problems.

Dude, that is disgusting, but I like it. :D
Roscoe Del'Tane
Adventurer

Unread post by Roscoe Del'Tane »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:Dude, that is disgusting, but I like it. :D

Yeah, I know, but I wanted a versitile power to go along with Camelback, and this just seemed to fit. I think it works well as a minor, it doesn't provide any real combat benefits, but would be invaluable for a SEAL or DELTA member, or just somebody who spends a lot of time in areas with little food. They could literally eat leaves and wood if they had too, and maybe get rid of a pesky body or two at the same time.

But then theres the whole 'taste stays the same' bit, I know I would have to pretty damn hungry before I would chow down on a hunk of bleeding wolf or whatnot.
You'd be suprised at what the G.M. will allow with a little blackmail and bribery...

"Jack! You've debauched my sloth!" - Steven Matrin

"Artillery is the King of the Battlefield, Infantry is the Queen; and everybody knows what the King does to the Queen."- Stuart, from StarDestroyer.net
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Currency and Coin Conversion(minor) by Stone Gargoyle
The superbeing can alter money by touch.

1.Monetary Conversion: The hero can hold paper money or coins in his hand and alter their appearance, size and denomination.
Range: Touch. Items must be held in the hero's fist with no edges exposed outside of the hand. If an observer were to view this process, it would appear to be a magic trick.
Duration: Items must be held in hand for 2 full melee rounds, after which the power requires 10 minutes to recharge itself before it can be used again.
Skill Level: Items are altered as if the hero possesses the skill of Forgery at 70%, +2% per level. A failed roll means that an inaccurate copy of the item is produced.
Requirements: The power requires that one form of money be turned into another, but an American dollar bill could be changed into a $100 bill or into foreign currency. The form of currency being duplicated must be memorized(skill penalty of -40% applies), be looked at from a photocopy(-20% skill penalty) or be copied using an actual note of currency.
Number of Copies: Can alter one item per level and all items to be altered must fit in the hand(see above).

2.Drawbacks: Metal coins remain the metal type of the coins altered, so a gold coin could be made from a regular nickel but would not actually be gold, merely appear so. Thus the weight and chemical properties of the coin would not change. With paper money, the texture would remain the same, so anyone capable of identifying the money by touch or having Heightened Sense of Touch would not be fooled. The character can create talented forgeries, but counterfeit none the less, ruining real money to create fakes. Also, serial numbers of bills would copy exactly, so anyone tracking the bills would be alerted, especially in the case of excessively large denominations.

3.Other Abilities and Bonuses:
+10% to Forgery skill and Art: Drawing
+5% to palming skill and Sleight of Hand
+1d4 IQ
Can immediately recognize counterfeit money on sight(cannot be fooled) and knows currency exchange rates without having to look them up.
+2 to Perception
Last edited by Stone Gargoyle on Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

Ohhh the bad guys would SOOOOOOOOOOOOO try and steal him!

The government would want him dead.

Nice power for intersting In character issues. ALl his friends would constantly want money. It'd get tiersome after a while I'd bet! Sort of a built in drawback.

Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Pepsi Jedi wrote:Ohhh the bad guys would SOOOOOOOOOOOOO try and steal him!

The government would want him dead.

Nice power for intersting In character issues. ALl his friends would constantly want money. It'd get tiersome after a while I'd bet! Sort of a built in drawback.

Not to mention coin collectors. Can you think the havoc that would ensue when they realized he could change that worthless 1985 penny into a rare buffalo head one of a kind coin from the 1800's? With no weight or chemical alteration, it would be a simple thing of aging the coin in acid to get it to look the right age and no forger alive could tell it was a fake. Oh, wait, did I say that out loud? :lol:
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Mephisto wrote:Currency and Coin Conversion; now one of my mob bosses, a villain named Counterfeit, finally has his power, thanks. :-D :-D

That's what I'm here for. Glad to be of service. :D
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Since currency and Coin Conversion got such a good response, I spawned some variants based on the money theme. They are Counterfeit Creation(Major), Easy Money(minor) and Monetary Mitosis(minor). Since my roommate will be gone for a few days, I will be posting them and a whole bunch of others starting Thursday if I don't manage to post them sooner. My time on the computer has been somewhat limited lately, but I hope to give you all more powers that you crave. :D And I might even get back over to the Invented Spells thread I have been neglecting over in the guild of Magic and Psionics(Bad Ken). :frust:
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Easy Money(minor) by Stone Gargoyle
The hero can cause money to unravel itself and then reconstruct, thus replicating itself.
1.Monetary Mitosis: The hero can cause money he influences to take itself apart and reconstruct itself using particles nearby.
Range: Touch. The hero must hold the bill for 2 full melees.
Number: The monetary item will replicate itself once affected 1d6+1 times, +1 additional time at levels 4,8,and 12. The hero can only use this power once per hour.
Duration: Each sequential breakdown and reformation takes 2d4 melee rounds. The process looks very much like an insect emerging from a coccoon or larval sac, which is formed by the unraveled money. The new bill forming will seperate itself from the remains of the older bill before reconstructing the older bill and then finally itself. If this process is interrupted, both the unraveled bill and the newly forming bill will remain unformed and become essentially worthless. Note that this power can only be used on the same bill repeatedly 1d6+1 times, after which the bill will become unable to reproduce in this manner.
2.Drawbacks: If aving the process occur in one's pocket, the particles may be drawn from the nearby fabric in a way similar to a moth eating clothing, thus literally the money burning a hole in one's pocket. There is also a 30% chance during each replication that the money will become self-aware and remain an insect, appearing to be a moth with cash colored wings, and fly away. If so, the resultant insect will have a life span of 2d4 days, with the hero having no way of returning it to being currency.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Monetary Mitosis(minor) by Stone Gargoyle
"I found a dollar and I am willing to split it with you."
This seemingly simple power allows the hero to duplicate cash.
1.Dollar Division: By pressing a bill between his hands, the hero can cause it to be divided at a molecular level into identical bills.
Range:Touch. He must hold the bill flat between his palms for 2 full melees.
Duration: The resultant bill created is permanent.
Times per Hour: The hero can use this power a number of times equal to his ME number per hour. To do so any additional times may be attempted, but with severe risks. Each time he attempts to do so over his normal limit, he loses 1 Hit Point and must savevs. shock(16 0r better, PE bonus applies). A successful save means the hero only loses 1 melee attack/action before recovering. A failed save, however, means the hero will lose 1d4 melee attacks/actions for that round due to shock. The maximum times he can do this is 50% more over his ME number. Any attempt to use it over this maximum will result in the Hit Point loss and automatic shock with no save, and the attempt will fail, with no duplicate bill resulting from it, as there are severe penalties for early withdrawal and being overdrawn.
2.Other Abilities and Bonuses: +1d4+1 ME
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Counterfeit Creation(Major) by Stone Gargoyle
The hero can cause money to assimilate nearby paper and wood.

1.Currency Cascade:The hero can cause money to contaminate
nearby pulp and paper products, causing them to resemble the infecting
currency.
Range: The hero must touch and hold the bill for two full melee rounds,
squeezing it tightly in his hand. The bill will then infect and infest
nearby paper touching it, which will continue on to paper touching the
infected paper. So a bill could be dropped into a briefcase full of
newspaper and transform it all into currency.
Duration: Alters 10 bills per second. Once the infecting currency
is removed, the paper remains money.
Skill Level: Money is altered as if the skill of Forgery was being used,
at a skill level of 80%, +1% per level. Paper will be made to match the
bill exactly upon a successful roll. A failed roll means the money will
be recognizable as counterfeit.
Maximum Number Affected: A bill will infect a number of bills equal to
the hero's MEX100 maximum.

2.Money Tree: The bill can be made to influence plant growth if
buried under the root system of a tree. The tree will produce the hero's
MEX100 leaves per hour for the hero's ME attribute number of days.
Money will fall from the tree once produced, so ideally the tree will be
kept in a guarded, secluded place.

3.Currency Creation: The hero can also cause slips of paper to
become cash by touch.
Range: Touch. Must hold paper for 2 full melees.
Duration: Money changed in this fashion only remains altered for the hero's ME attribute in hours before reverting to its original state.
Skill Level: Paper altered in this fashion changes as if using the Forgery skill at a level of 50%, +1% per level.
Number: Can hold a wad of paper containing multiple sheets, but the power will only alter one sheet/item per level of experience.
Limitations: Can only create types of currency he is familiar with.

4.Photographic Picture Memory:
Range: Self
Duration: Indefinite- as long as the character desires.
Restriction: Base skill for completely accurate recollection: 40%, +5% per
level of experience.

The hero has remarkable, photographic memory when it comes to remembering the details on currency and other printed materials(has an ordinary memory when it comes to remembering people's faces, information spoken and conversations). Thus he can remember the images on money to use for forgeries. Note that he must use this if attempting Currency Creation above before a forgery can be made. This gives the hero a vast mental file he can draw on at a moment's notice.

5.Other Abilities and Bonuses:
Adds +20% to Forgery skill and Art:Drawing
+2 to save vs. psionic attack and mind control
Knows current international monetary exchange rates without having to look them up.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Excavation (minor) by Stone Gargoyle
The hero's body generates a field which pushes, compacts and disintegrates the earth around it, clearing tunnels and creating underground chambers. It may be some form of elemental conversion, also, creating minimal oxygen as well.

1.Earth Mover: When walking on bare earth, a trench forms beneath the hero's feet at a distance of three feet in depth. The hero appears to be levitating above the trench, but will actually push the earth further down if maintaining a stationary position and not moving forward. When passing by the side of a hill or area of elevated earth, the hero's aura will generate a tunnel and maintain it at a distance of three feet on all sides. By moving at half speed, a tunnel will form arond the hero so as to allow him and any inside the field to pass through. TThe tunnels will not be permanent and will collapse after 2d4 hours after the hero is out of range. The hero generaters enough oxygen for himself to breathe in the process of excavating the tunnels, but those travelling with him may need their own breathing aparatus if stuck below ground. The hero can use this ability to dreate rooms as well, which wioll allow him to create an underground home as long as care is taken to reinforce the structure using building materials.

2.Earth Deflection: The hero s immune to attacks from powers using the earth element to attack and cannot be caught in a cavein or under falling rocks, which fall harmlessly away from his aura. In addition, the hero can use this to parry projectiles and bullets and is +2 to do so, as long as the projectiles contain metal ore. The hero is also always clean, his body never touched by dirt.

+10% to construction skills (masonry, carpentry, etc.)
+2 to Maintain Balance
+4 to roll with punch, fall or impact
+1d4 ME
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Hopefully I have not posted this one before.

Disco Inferno (minor) by Stone Gargoyle
The superbeing can transmute sound waves into heat, causing objects and targets within range to catch fire.
Range: 20 feet per level radius from the source of the sound; source must be within 60 feet of the superbeing, +10 feet per level
Damage: 2d6 to all targets per melee round for every 10 decibels of sound (60 decibels would do 12d6 damage per melee round to all targets in range).
Attacks: Uses two melee attacks/actions to start transmutation.
Duration: Once initiated, power continues to transmute sound for 2d4 melee rounds.
Limitations: The superbeing cannot stop the inferno once it has been initiated, and even once the sound is no longer being transmuted, the fire may rage out of control. No save is possible for targets, as it is their hair or clothing which catches fire.
The superbeing cannot control the flames in any way, nor does he have any resistance to heat or fire unless other superabilities are selected which allow this.
Last edited by Stone Gargoyle on Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Appendix(minor) by Stone gargoyle
The character's body has a heightened ability to filter and remove poisons from their body and make them non-toxic.
Bonuses:
+5 to save vs. poison, +3 to save vs. drugs and other toxins
Damage and penalties from such toxins are halved, duration is 25% normal
Heals at twice normal rate
+1d4 PE
This also lessens body toxicity and clears thought processes
+1 initiative
+2% to all skills
+1 to save vs. possession and Horror Factor
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Another one I hopefully haven't already posted:

Automatic(minor) by Stone Gargoyle
"Even if you knock me out, I will still keep fighting!"
In a fashion similar to sleepwalking, the hero is able to continue moving even when unconscious or asleep, so as to locate safety or park a moving vehicle, etc.

1.Automatic Reflexes: Whether awake or asleep, the hero gets a +6 Autoparry and a +6 Autododge. His body can sense where others are even when he is blinded, suffering a mere -4 to combat rolls when completely blinded and only -2 to combat rolls when only partially blinded. When unconscious, his body maintains an alert posture and will get up when knocked down without hesitation.

2.Autopilot: The hero will keep driving if behind the wheel when unconscious, but must make a pioting skill roll at -20% to maintain control of the vehicle, and only for the purpose of getting safely out of traffic and parking.

3.Down Side: Speed is reduced to half while unconscious and the hero fatigues at twice the normal rate. Also, he is unable to heal while asleep if active.

4.Other Abilities and Bonuses:
+2 to save vs. sleep spells
+1 to save vs. mind control and possession
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Bends (minor) by Stone Gargoyle

1.Double-Jointed: The hero has extremely limber muscles, flexible joints, and can pop bones in and out of their sockets with ease. This enables the character to twist, bend, fold and contort himself into nearly impossible positions, as well as collapse the bones in his hands to easily slip out of handcuffs or manacles, painlessly dislocate joints to wiggle out of ropes and straight jackets, and slip through small openings and between prison bars.
The double-jointed character can attempt to escape any bonds once per melee round, plus an additional attempt at levels 4, 8 and 12, with the following chance of success:

Hands and/or feet tied with rope, cord, chains, manacles and hancuffs: 79%, +1% per level, chance of escape

Hands, arms, legs and body bound by ropes, chains, manacles and chains, straps or straight jacket: 46%, +2% per level, chance of escape

Being Locked inside a room, trunk or compartment without any window, slot or opening taller/wider than 6 inches is able to hold the gouble-jointed individual. A jail cell, cage or compartment with bars or an opening six inches or wider is likely to allow the character to squeeze and wiggle his way through and escape.
The double-jointed character can also contort his body to half its normal width from shoulder to shoulder, and flatten himself from chest to shoulder blades (back) also by half. Plus, he can curl up in a ball so small and tight he is a mere s5% of his height and half his normal width.

Bonuses:
+5 to roll with punch, fall or impact
+20% to Escape Artist Skill
Resistant to physical blows(half damage)

Limitations: Cannot have a strength level above Extraordinary

2.Limbo Walk: The character can bend backwards to walk suspended 2 inches above the ground in a semi-horizontal position at half his normal speed (great for getting uder closing garage doors)

+10% to prowl and acrobatics and gymnastics skills
+2 PP
+1d6 speed
Bones are cartilege(4 times harder to break bones)
Last edited by Stone Gargoyle on Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Firewater(Major) by Stone Gargoyle
The hero expels liquid which behaves like fire on impact but appears for all other intents and puposes to be water.

1.Firewater Bolt: The character can draw upon moisture in the air and fire a jet/stream of water at an opponent which ignites matter it comes into contact with.
Range: #0 feet, +10 feet per level
Damage: 2d6, +1d6 per level
Duration: Instant
Attacks per melee: Each blast counts as one melee attack
Bonus: +2 to strike

2.Ignite Water: The hero can ignite fluids which normally will not catch on fire. The fire ignites water, going 6 feet down and creating an area of flame in a 100 foot radius from the point of contact. If submerged, the six feet depth starts where his body ends and the fire will also rise 6 feet above.
Range: Touch
Damage: 5d6 to objects and targets in the water when it is ignited, plus an additional 2d6 each melee round until targets are removed or the duration expires.
Duration: Can be maintained indefinitely as long as the hero maintains his contact with the water, using up one of his attacks per melee round to maintain it, but will remain without contact up to six melee rounds per level of experience.

3.Impervious to Fire and Heat: Same as the minor super ability.
Just as the name suggests, this power makes the superbeing completely impervious to fire and heat, including magical fire and extreme heat.
Range: Self
Duration: Constant

Note that firewater cannot be extinguished using water, which will catch fire when making comtact with firewater and add 2d6 to the damage for the melee the water is sprayed on the firewater, but firewater can be doused using flame retardant foam or suffocating the flames, as fire requires oxygen to burn.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Metamorphosis: Griffin(Major) by Stone Gargoyle
The superbing transforms completely into a mythical creature. They assume a size slightly larger than an elephant and are covered with shiny, golden feathers and fur(-25% to Prowl)

Bonuses When Transformed:
+2d6+7 PS (considered Extraordinary)
+3 PP
+10 PE
+5 PB
+4d6 Speed
+3d6X10 SDC
+1 initiative
+2 Perception
Vision twice normal distance and acuity
Gain Winged Flight at a speed of 100 mph, +15mph per level
Damage: Beak does 3d6 per bite(gains an extra attack for this purpose) and retractable claws do 4d6 for a swipe or 1d8 for a slam/pin
+25% climbing bonus due to claws
Horror Factor of 10+1d4

Penalties while transformed: Has no thumbs in this form(-65% to skills requiring the use of hands)
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Shrink: Subatomic Universe Transition(Major) by Stone Gargoyle
Similar to the Shrink power in Hu2 page 286, with certain differences. The character can shrink with no limit, but once becoming a subatomic size will actually transverse this universe and enter into a subatomic realm.

Mass Adjustment: Mas is always reduced with size. This includes all clothing and up to 50 ibs of equipment, but it will shrink body armor and power armor as if clothing.

Subatomic Transversion: The character shrinks to a subatomic size and enters a subatomic realm, continuing to shrink from what is considered by the inhabitants to be "giant size" to a size equal to that of the locals, landing on a subatomic particle mass "planet".

Only use this power if you are planning adventures into a microscopic realm. GMs might want to set a limit on how long the character can remain shrunken and appropriate penalties.
Possible limiting factors might be that the hero has limited control of the size he becomes, having a 01-80% chance of becoming the right size on his first attempt of the day and there being a -5% penalty cumulative upon successive attempts. I am also in favor of making a power loss if reaching minimum size lasting 2d4 days or weeks, during which time the hero cannot return home or use this power, of course he is unable to shrink smaller once taking the size of a subatomic universe native anyhow, as this is his maximum limit in size reduction.
Last edited by Stone Gargoyle on Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Blessed(minor) by Stone Gargoyle
The hero gains bonuses to acts committed with good intent.
1.Skill Bonuses: The character performs all skills used for virtuous purposes with a bonus of +20%, ssuffering a -20% penalty to any acts which harm others. Suffers a -2 to combat moves versus an unarmed foe. +2 to pull punch in order to prevent serious injury, +30% to interrogation
2.Divine Protection:
+20% to save vs. coma/death
+2 to roll with punch, fall or impact
Penalties/limitations: Protection will stop if the character acts out of alignment, returning 2d4 weeks later, if no acts of evil are performed.
+2 ME and MA
+2 PB
+1d4 PE
4.Prerequisites: Must be of good alignment, either principled or scrupulous.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Flavor Manipulation(minor) by Stone Gargoyle
The superbeing can change the taste of food to make it mote palateable or to hide the taste of certain ingredients, It imposes a -40% penalty to recognize ingredients and exotic tastes as provided by Heightened Sense of Taste or by culinary training. The change is permanent once the food is altered. It also hides smells where applicable with the same penalty.
Amount: Can change his ME number in pounds of food.
Range: Touch; must prepare the food himself
Other Abilities and Bomuses:
+10% to cooking skill
Recognize Common Ingredients: 30%, +2% per level
Recognize Exotic Tastes: 20%, +4% per level
Recognize Food Smell: 40%, +5% per level
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Another one I hope hasn'rt been posted before.

Instant Map(minor) by Stone Gargoyle
The hero can produce an instant map of where he is that adapts to his surroundings.

Attacks: Uses one attack to summon the map, another to dimiss it.
Duration: Concentration(-2 to all combat rolls, -10% to skill performance, loses one attack per melee round)

Form: Select or roll for the way the map manifests itself:
01-10% Projercts holographic image from the eyes
11-20% Appears as a TV screen emerging from the chest(cannot be seen by hero without the use of a mirror)
21-30% A tattoo that forms on the back(must be read by other person) or chest(must use mirror to see)
31-40% Manipulates pattern on costume(uses mirror to see)
41-50% Freckle pattern/birthmarks( depending on location, may require someone else to read or use of a mirror)
51-60% Stigmata/scar pattern( depending on location, may require someone else to read or use of a mirror)
61-70% Image in mind( can only be seen by character)
71-80% Appears on the inside of the eye( can only be seen by character)
81-90% Appears on ground in front of character
91-00% Appears on scroll/paper carried by character

Other Abilities and Bonuses:
The hero possesses an internal compass and always knows whichdirection is north, with the map adjusting to directional changes
+20% to skills involving navigation, wilderness survival and tracking, +5% to climbing and other wilderness skills
Senator Cybus
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: Save me, Barry!

Unread post by Senator Cybus »

Okay, first time posting a power, so see what you think...

Crowd Surfing (Major)
by Senator Cybus

"Ha! I'm the king of cutsies!"

The hero has a bizarre ability to navigate in and move through crowds of people with remarkable speed and ease.

For the purposes of this power, a crowd is defined as a group of at least one hundred people, all within close proximity to each other.

1. Unhindered Movement: Due to a hyper-developed herd instinct, the superbeing can move through even the most densely packed crowds at his full, normal speed, even when using a power that grants superhuman quickness.
Equally, he can fight, stop dead or even perform any acrobatic manoeuvers that he is normally capable of without fear of hitting or bumping into any innocent bystanders (unless, of course, he wants to).

Range: Self.
Duration: Indefinite.
Attacks per melee: None. An automatic ability.

2. Commute: A limited form of teleportation, this ability allows the superbeing to enter a crowd at one point, and exit within moments at any other point regardless of distance. This means that a hero could conceivably travel from one end of a city to another, as long as there is an unbroken mass of people to channel himself along.

The character does not require knowledge of the local area to select a destination: a low-level psychic bond with the crowd-mind will provide a mental map of possible exit points, revealing basic facts such as direction, distance from current location, street/area names and type of destination; sidewalk, alley way, park land, etc.

Range: Potentially unlimited; as far as the crowd stretches.
Duration: Each commute lasts approximately 15 seconds.
Attacks per melee: Each commute uses up all attack/actions for the round.

3. Track: The superbeing can follow specific individuals in a crowd, his uncanny instincts infallibly guiding him to his target.

The hero may track anyone he sees enter the throng, flawlessly trailing them despite any attempts to hide, disguise or conceal themselves.

Alternatively, he can 'scan' a crowd for any individual that he has met previously. This uses up two attacks/actions, but if the person he's looking for is anywhere in the crowd, he will find them.

The hero may simultaneously keep track of a number of individuals equal to his experience level.

Note that if a pursued individual leaves the crowd, the superbeing immediately loses the trail.

Range: Crowd.
Attacks per melee: None to follow a target. Two attacks/actions to search for a specific, familiar person.

4. Blend: The ability to blend-in with the masses, becoming almost unnoticeable. This adds the following bonuses (only applicable when in a crowd):

+ 20% to Disguise.
+ 20% to Prowl.
+ 20% to attempts to counter being Tracked by others.

If the superbeing does not normally possess these skills, use the above values as a base skill.
Last edited by Senator Cybus on Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:48 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Senator Cybus
Dungeon Crawler

Stone Gargoyle wrote:

Can I be the first to say: this power is awesome sauce. :-D

Can you imagine the humiliation of the poor villain who gets his butt kicked by an unconscious hero?

"Gah! At least stop snoring, damn you!" :D

Also, Firewater is brilliant.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Senator Cybus wrote:Okay, first time posting a power, so see what you think...

Crowd Surfing (minor)
by Senator Cybus

"Ha! I'm the king of cutsies!"

The hero has a bizarre ability to navigate in and move through crowds of people with remarkable speed and ease.

For the purposes of this power, a crowd is defined as a group of at least one hundred people, all within close proximity to each other.

1. Unhindered Movement: Due to a hyper-developed herd instinct, the superbeing can move through even the most densely packed crowds at his full, normal speed, even when using a power that grants superhuman quickness.
Equally, he can fight, stop dead and perform acrobatic manoeuvers without fear of hitting or bumping into any innocent bystanders (unless, of course, he wants to).

Range: Self.
Attacks per melee: None. An automatic ability.

2. Commute: A limited form of teleportation, this ability allows the superbeing to enter a crowd at one point, and exit within moments at any other point regardless of distance. This means that a hero could conceivably travel from one end of a city to another, as long as there is an unbroken mass of people to channel himself along.

The character does not require knowledge of the local area to select a destination: a low-level psychic bond with the crowd-mind will provide a mental map of possible exit points, revealing basic facts such as distance from current location, street/area names and type of destination; sidewalk, alley way, park land, etc.

Range: Potentially unlimited; as far as the crowd stretches.
Duration: Each commute lasts approximately 15 seconds.
Attacks per melee: Each commute uses up all attack/actions for the round.

3. Track: The superbeing can follow specific individuals in a crowd, his uncanny instincts infallibly guiding him to his target.

The hero may track anyone he sees enter the throng, flawlessly trailing them despite any attempts to hide, disguise or conceal themselves.

Alternatively, he can 'scan' a crowd for any individual that he has met previously. This uses up two attacks/actions, but if the person he's looking for is anywhere in the crowd, he will find them.

The hero may simultaneously keep track of a number of individuals equal to his experience level.

Note that if a pursued individual leaves the crowd, the superbeing immediately loses the trail.

Range: Crowd.
Attacks per melee: None to follow a target. Two attacks/actions to search for a specific, familiar person.

4. Blend: The ability to blend-in with the masses, becoming almost unnoticeable. This adds the following bonuses (only applicable when in a crowd):

+ 30% to Disguise.
+ 30% to Prowl.
+30% to attempts to counter being Tracked by others.

If the superbeing does not normally possess these skills, use the above values as a base skill.

Good, except it is definitely a major, not a minor, as some of the subabilities you have are almost full minors by themselves.
Senator Cybus
Dungeon Crawler

Stone Gargoyle wrote:Good, except it is definitely a major, not a minor, as some of the subabilities you have are almost full minors by themselves.

Well, the reason I made it a minor power is because it really only works in large, urban environments and even then only during certain, busy times. In any other situation, it's completely useless.

Then again, most heroes will be operating in large, urban environments during certain, busy times...hmm. :-?

You may have a point there. :-D

Does anyone else have an opinion on this? Major or minor?
dragon_blaze_99
Hero

Unread post by dragon_blaze_99 »

it's a Major but its cool, a little strong but thats power creep for yea
The mind is the gateway to the future
Ethics are so annoying. I avoid them on principle
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Senator Cybus wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:Good, except it is definitely a major, not a minor, as some of the subabilities you have are almost full minors by themselves.

Well, the reason I made it a minor power is because it really only works in large, urban environments and even then only during certain, busy times. In any other situation, it's completely useless.

Then again, most heroes will be operating in large, urban environments during certain, busy times...hmm. :-?

You may have a point there. :-D

Does anyone else have an opinion on this? Major or minor?

Dude, you have a short range teleport and camoflage minor ability in there, amongst other things. This is way too powerful to be a minor even if under those conditions. If the conditions were not imposed, it might even be too powerful for a major. Trust me, I write a dozen powers a week.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

dragon_blaze_99 wrote:it's a Major but its cool, a little strong but thats power creep for yea

Yeah, and he wants to call it a minor. :eek:
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Senator Cybus wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:

Can I be the first to say: this power is awesome sauce. :-D

Thank you. It was designed as a power for super-inventionn, installed in a battle suit, but could readily be used as a mutant pseudopsionic or Supersoldier brain chip implant power.

Can you imagine the humiliation of the poor villain who gets his butt kicked by an unconscious hero?

"Gah! At least stop snoring, damn you!" :D

Or how about the hero seconds away from dragging himself home through a dimensional rift? Got 2 minutes til the rift closes and he gets knocked unconscious. This way he makes it home anyway.

Also, Firewater is brilliant.

I have been playing around adding elemental transmutations to some powers. That was one of the better results.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”