NEW POWERS!

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

Senator Cybus wrote:Okay, in the wrong hands, this next power could get real Munchy real quick, but I figured it needed writing up: partly because I've seen it depicted a few times in comics and movies and think the option of having it should be available, but mostly because I loathe the power of Invulnerability. :D

Energy Expulsion: Razor (Major)

By Senator Cybus

“Stand back, citizens! My steel-hard skin will shield you from the attacks of this foul villain, and then I shall - "

*fwssssh*

“Ah. Ow. Erm, would you be so good as to pick up my ear for me, citizen?”

Not really that Munchy (especially in comparrison). I might have even suggested amping it up a notch (I point tallied it, and it comes high in the grey area between major and minor)

Good work man

Batts
"Sorry Drewkitty, the laws of physics were defeated by Iczer way back in like, the first ten pages of this thread." A.J. Pickett
“Iczer, you are a power generating machine.” - Mr Twist
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

Yeah, that grey area is good if you want to develop stunts to add to a power. Many of my majors are set up that way. Gives you a lot of room to work with in-game.

Electric Teleport(Major) by Stone Gargoyle
The hero can generate an electrical field which powers his teleportation by draining electrical energy from the surrounding area.

1.Teleportation:
Range: 100 feet per level
Duration: 2 melee attacks/actions
Weight Limit: Self and up to 50 lbs per level , though electronic devices will become fried and useless if teleported.
Number per melee round: Twice per melee round, uses two melee attacks/actions
Chance of Success: Use percentages for Teleport power on page 295 of HU2 rulebook.
Results of Unsuccessful Teleport: Nothing happens.

2.Power Drain: The area where the teleportation takes place will experience power failures as the energy is drained to power the teleport, affecting computers and other devices.
Range: 20 foot radius

3.Energy Expulsion: Electrical Field: The hero will appear at the destination surrounded by crackling energy which does 4d6 damage to all targets within a 10 foot radius, +2 feet per level, lasting 2-3 seconds (one melee attack/action). This area effect happens so quickly that damage cannot be regulated (always does full damage).

4.Resistant to Electrical Attacks: Only takes half damage from electrical attacks and lightning.
Last edited by Stone Gargoyle on Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Power Cord(minor) by Stone Gargoyle

The hero can reinforce string or yarn, enabling it to act as wiring. This is a minor form of Transmutation which only lasts 1d4 minutes, but is long enough to do such things as jump start a car using rope or yarn for jumper cables, fix a lamp to send out an emergency beacon, fix a radio so as to send a message, etc. Once used, the string will immediately disintegrate (after the full duration) and so cannot be used twice, nor for the purpose it once served (so make sure it is not something you will need back).
Sources of string can include shoelaces, upholstery stitching and clothing lines.
Can affect one pound per level of experience. Uses one attack to change one object or a handfull of material.

Eye Sight(minor) by Stone Gargoyle
One of the hero's eyes can be refocused to see beyond its normal limits.

1.Targeting Sight: The hero can create cross hairs to aid in aiming.
Bonus: +1 to strike with a ranged weapon.
Also can focus and enlarge a rtarget image using a telescopic focus, adding an additional +2 to strike, for a total bonus of +3 with a ranged weapon

2.Ultraviolet and Polarized Sight: The hero can take his eyes out of normal focus so as to see security beams and other ultraviolet light. Eyes are polarized, so the hero is less easily blinded by bright light (half penalties).

3.Limitations: Cannot use both subabilities at once. Requires one full melee round re refocus vision.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Senator Cybus wrote:Fair enough, if you both think it should be higher, I'll bump it up to 8 (I figure that's an uncomplicated compromise). Smart for a beasty, but still not quite 'Lassie' smart. :-D

In humans, an IQ of 7 is retardation level, just for the record. "Your boy has to have an IQ of 75 to attend public school, Mrs. Gump..."
Senator Cybus
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: Save me, Barry!

Unread post by Senator Cybus »

Well, there you go, then: any Super Steed you might create is officially smart enough to attend public school. :lol:
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Mephisto wrote:sheesh Stone Gargoyle I love your teleport powers, I might use them on my Deevil archetypes to give them "signature" dimensional teleports; the Horror would have a cold dimensional teleport, the Archfiend a shadow dimensional teleport, etc.

Just variants on a theme. Half a dozen or so ways of doing, essentially, the same thing. Earlier ones in the series were Plasmatic Teleport, Demonic Teleport and Blinding Teleport.
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Senator Cybus wrote:Okay, in the wrong hands, this next power could get real Munchy real quick, but I figured it needed writing up: partly because I've seen it depicted a few times in comics and movies and think the option of having it should be available, but mostly because I loathe the power of Invulnerability. :D

Energy Expulsion: Razor (Major)

Speaking as somebody who abusively always takes Invulnerability even for scrawny superbeings, a power like this gives me pause...like seeing somebody readying an armor-piercing weapon....making me start checking by 'To Dodge' bonuses..... :D
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

I am still waiting for the wiki to be installed.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Mr. Deific NMI wrote:I am still waiting for the wiki to be installed.

Thanks for the update! For those who don't know, Nimmy has agreed to create a wiki on his site to allow the powers in this thread to be more readily accessed for people who have a hard time finding things in this thread.
Senator Cybus
Dungeon Crawler

taalismn wrote:Speaking as somebody who abusively always takes Invulnerability even for scrawny superbeings, a power like this gives me pause...like seeing somebody readying an armor-piercing weapon....making me start checking by 'To Dodge' bonuses..... :D

Exactly! I'm just trying to put a bit of fear back into the game! :D

For, as a G.M. acquaintance of mine once remarked, "It's not an RPG without the pee." :lol:

Mr Deific NMI wrote:I am still waiting for the wiki to be installed.

Cheers for the update: I couldn't find that thread and I was a bit worried that the project had been abandoned!

People'll still be posting powers in this thread after the wiki's up and running, right? I like getting feedback on my demented notions!
Last edited by Senator Cybus on Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Senator Cybus wrote:
taalismn wrote:Speaking as somebody who abusively always takes Invulnerability even for scrawny superbeings, a power like this gives me pause...like seeing somebody readying an armor-piercing weapon....making me start checking by 'To Dodge' bonuses..... :D

Exactly! I'm just trying to put a bit of fear back into the game! :D

I tend to make my players a bit paranoid. :lol:

Mr Deific NMI wrote:I am still waiting for the wiki to be installed.

Cheers for the update: I couldn't find that thread and I was a bit worried that the project had been abandoned!

People'll still be posting powers in this thread after the wiki's up and running, right? I like getting feedback on my demented notions!

Yes, this thread will keep going, but for those who wish to add to the wiki, it will be your job to see that your power also gets copied over to it. We will basically keep adding to the stuff here but create an easy-to-use powers reference source for those who want to read the powers in an organized format. I just dread when it comes time to start copying over the hundreds of powers I have written to the wiki. :shock:
I look forward to the wiki so that I can find out which powers I have yet to post and which ones of Iczer's I may have missed copying down. I still spend hours in here finding new powers I haven't got written down.
Last edited by Stone Gargoyle on Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Senator Cybus
Dungeon Crawler

Energy Expulsion: Tag (Minor)

By Senator Cybus

“Oh, darn, he got away! Or so he thinks…”

Unique amongst the energy expulsion powers, Energy Expulsion: Tag is used not to damage a target, but to track it. Upon impact, the target will be “tagged” with an invisible mark of quasi-psionic energy, fuelled by the character’s own aura. This tag will then continually broadcast a psychic signal on a unique frequency, detectable only by the super being and allowing him to follow his quarry wherever he/she/it might go.
As long as the tag has not expired and is within the maximum tracking distance (see below for duration and range), the super being will know precisely how far away his target is, in what direction and whether the target is at, above or below ground level. The character can keep track of a number of tagged objects/people equal to his experience level.

Range: 300 feet (91.5 m) to strike a target with a tag. Range to track the tag is 10 miles (16 km) +5 miles (8 km) per level of experience.
Damage: None.
Duration: Instant. The tag itself lasts for 24 hours per level of experience.
Attacks per Melee: Each blast counts as one melee attack/action.
Bonuses: +2 to strike with the tag if an aimed shot, and because the tag is invisible to normal eyes, most opponents are -6 to dodge or parry: the only visible indication of the shot will be the super being’s body language. This penalty does not apply to anyone with an ability to see the invisible, see auras or any super beings with Energy Expulsion: Tag. Once a target has been tagged, the super being is then +1 to strike it with any other energy expulsion power.
Limitations: The tag can only stick to solid objects: liquids, gases, energy forms and intangible items cannot be marked. The tag cannot penetrate force fields or energy shields. The tag only adheres to the object it hits, not anything connected to that object; for example, if the super being tags someone’s coat, simply taking off the coat and leaving it behind would allow that person to evade detection.
While the character can sense the exact position of his target, this power does not grant any knowledge of the surrounding area or of any obstacles that might block the character from getting to that location.
Other characters with Energy Expulsion: Tag or an ability to see the invisible will be able to spot the tag; they will see it as a flat, penny-sized dot of swirling, multi-coloured energy. The ability to see auras will also reveal the tag, plus the observer will instinctively understand its purpose and then be able to identify the super being who cast it by comparing his aura. Use of the psionic power of Group Mind Block will temporarily prevent the tag from transmitting its psychic signal, and use of the power of Alter Aura will immediately destroy a tag.
Last edited by Senator Cybus on Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:24 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Senator Cybus wrote:If the target crosses over to another dimension, the signal is cut off, but will resume as soon as the target returns (as long as the tag has not expired).

I think that goes without saying, as going to another dimension would take you out of the 300 foot limit. :-P
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
Senator Cybus wrote:If the target crosses over to another dimension, the signal is cut off, but will resume as soon as the target returns (as long as the tag has not expired).

I think that goes without saying, as going to another dimension would take you out of the 300 foot limit. :-P

Sorry, I did not read the power through fully. Making it unlimited distance makes this really powerful for a minor. You might think about setting a limit on it if you want it to be on par with the minor superabilities.
Senator Cybus
Dungeon Crawler

Hmm. What distance would you suggest?
dragon_blaze_99
Hero

Unread post by dragon_blaze_99 »

Senator Cybus wrote:Hmm. What distance would you suggest?
I'd put the tracking distance at 300'+100' level but give a tracking % that is rolled every 100' say a 25%+5% level or + 15% to track a Tagged target if the tracking skill is taken, but what do I know I make flaws :D
The mind is the gateway to the future
Ethics are so annoying. I avoid them on principle
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Five miles per level, maybe? If you want to do the long distance thing, maybe say that beyond a certain limit, the character only knows the general area and would have to be within five miles to get an exact pinpointing of location. You know, like a GPS system. He would know the state if across the world, then know the city once in the general region, with the exact location known only within the five miles? I am just thinking the farther away the signal is, the more feint and fuzzy it gets. :-)
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

dragon_blaze_99 wrote:
I'd put the tracking distance at 300'+100' level but give a tracking % that is rolled every 100' say a 25%+5% level or + 15% to track a Tagged target if the tracking skill is taken, but what do I know I make flaws :D

The minor powers are usually less than 900 feet, but he has a pretty weak power except for the range, so maybe upping the distance more is okay. I think the degree of what he senses should be less the further away it is, so maybe a tracking roll to determine the location is appropriate. Maybe go off the Teleport percentages so that they have a 99% chance of locating the target within their own city, 88% if in the surrounding region, 50% if across the country, 38% if off the continent, and 12% if clear across the globe.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

RMThompson wrote:I know someone mentioned trying to Wiki these powers... is that still happening?

YES. Mr. Deific NMI is having someone set up the wiki on his site, so it might be a little while before it is set up and ready.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Its up. The wiki that is...

http://wiki.thedeificnmi.com/index.php/Main_Page

I dont have anything there yet, as far as skins, or material
If you folks know how to add stuff, and such, go ahead. I do need you to register to be able to edit/add stuff.

Also, I would like for you to register on my forums, as I will have a forum/board dedicated to question and answers for the wiki.

http://forums.thedeificnmi.com
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
wolfsgrin
Adventurer

Unread post by wolfsgrin »

awesome. thanks NMI
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Mr. Deific NMI wrote:Its up. The wiki that is...

http://wiki.thedeificnmi.com/index.php/Main_Page

I dont have anything there yet, as far as skins, or material
If you folks know how to add stuff, and such, go ahead. I do need you to register to be able to edit/add stuff.

Also, I would like for you to register on my forums, as I will have a forum/board dedicated to question and answers for the wiki.

http://forums.thedeificnmi.com

I am registered but had a hard time logging in, so I may need to register again or get sent a new password or something. :(
Senator Cybus
Dungeon Crawler

Stone Gargoyle wrote:

Five miles per level, maybe? If you want to do the long distance thing, maybe say that beyond a certain limit, the character only knows the general area and would have to be within five miles to get an exact pinpointing of location. You know, like a GPS system. He would know the state if across the world, then know the city once in the general region, with the exact location known only within the five miles? I am just thinking the farther away the signal is, the more feint and fuzzy it gets. :-)

I've gone back and edited: the character now has a range of 10 miles, plus 5 per level. I like your tracking roll idea, but wherever possible I like to keep the bookkeeping on powers to a minimum, so I've gone for the set range. Plus, sacrificing the distance and keeping the precision fits better with what I was trying to do with the power.

Mr Deific NMI wrote:Its up. The wiki that is...

Whooo! :D

So, my first order of business: learn how to put stuff up on a Wiki page! :D
Senator Cybus
Dungeon Crawler

Okay, this next one is more of a villain power...

Energy Expulsion: Spawn (Major)

By Senator Cybus

“Oh, don‘t mind Junior; he‘s just being playful!”

Possibly the most horrific energy expulsion power known to man! The super being can shoot an organic needle into the flesh of an opponent - painful and unpleasant in itself, but nothing compared to what happens next. After a brief incubation period (1D4+1 melee rounds), the true nature of the needle is revealed: it is a delivery system for a rapidly growing and desperately hungry infant creature, resembling a tiny, misshapen version of the super being who created it!
The stricken opponent will take 1D6+4 damage per round for three melee rounds, as the thing inside him eats its way out! If the target fails to save vs. pain (15 or higher; M.E. bonuses applicable), reduce his attacks per melee round, combat bonuses and Speed by half, and all skills are performed at -40%.
If an opponent sacrifices a melee action to rip a needle out of his flesh within fifteen seconds of impact, the spawn does not have time to infect him and simply dies off before it can hatch. However, the needles are covered with a multitude of small, tough barbs and pulling one free of the skin will cause 1D4 damage.
As the spawn emerges from the target’s flesh, it has an effective Horror Factor of 14: all observers (including the target) must roll to save against this. Once outside the body, the spawn has a lifespan of only 1D6 minutes and is virtually helpless, reduced to squirming about on the floor and vainly biting at the air.

Note: A super being with this power may elect to shoot an opponent in the head. This is a Called Shot, but a successful strike means that the needle has entered the opponent’s skull and the spawn can then devour his brain! If the spawn inflicts at least 20 damage, this will kill a normal human (and most super humans) outright. Even if the target survives, he suffers major brain damage: reduce I.Q. by 2 and M.E. by 1. Obviously, this is not a tactic that a character of good alignment would even consider, except in the most dire of situations.

Range: 200 feet (61 m).
Damage: The impact of the needle causes 1D6 +1D6 per level of experience.
Duration: Instant.
Attacks per melee: Each shot counts as one melee attack/action.
Bonuses: +2 to strike if an aimed shot.
Limitations: Non-living targets are immune to being infected with spawn, though the needles may still inflict impact damage like any solid projectile. Intangibility and Alter Physical Structure powers grant immunity to infection, if the powers are active at the time.
Super beings possessing the powers of Regeneration Ultima, Super-Regeneration or the Mega-Hero powers of Immortal or Undead are also protected: more specifically, a spawn can infect them, but their bodies will consume it before it has a chance to consume their bodies.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

*Sigh* Sorry to have to say this, Senator, but that power is NOT an energy expulsion. It is not matter expulsion either. So I would drop the Energy Expulsion category tag and call it something like Sliver Spores or Spawning Ground. It looks pretty good other than that. :D The damage should be specified at what times the damage goes directly to Hit Points, as you have these things burrowing through a person's body. I would also make him save against pain in the instance when the needle has to be ripped out and note any more damage from that type of self-mutilation. 1d4 seems way too low for something like that. This is how I see the power as being written up:

Spawning Ground (Major)

By Senator Cybus as edited by Stone Gargoyle

Possibly the most horrific and invasive power known to man! The super being can shoot an organic needle into the flesh of an opponent - painful and unpleasant in itself, but nothing compared to what happens next. After a brief incubation period (1D4+1 melee rounds), the true nature of the needle is revealed: it is a delivery system for a rapidly growing and desperately hungry infant creature, resembling a tiny, misshapen version of the super being who created it!
As the spawn emerges from the target’s flesh, it has an effective Horror Factor of 14: all observers (including the target) must roll to save against this. Once outside the body, the spawn has a lifespan of only 1D6 minutes and is virtually helpless, reduced to squirming about on the floor and vainly biting at the air.

Damage: The impact of the needle causes 1D6 +1D6 per level of experience. The stricken opponent will then take 1D6+4 damage per round for three melee rounds, as the thing inside him eats its way out! If the target fails to save vs. pain (15 or higher; M.E. bonuses applicable), reduce his attacks per melee round, combat bonuses and Speed by half, and all skills are performed at -40%. If an opponent sacrifices a melee action to rip a needle out of his flesh within fifteen seconds of impact (and makes a successful save vs. pain as above with no bonuses), the spawn does not have time to infect him and simply dies off before it can hatch. However, the needles are covered with a multitude of small, tough barbs and pulling one free of the skin will cause !d6+6 damage.
The villain with this power may elect to shoot an opponent in the head. This is a Called Shot, but a successful strike means that the needle has entered the opponent’s skull and the spawn can then devour his brain, causing the damage to go directly to Hit Points If the spawn inflicts at least 20 damage, this will kill a normal human (and most super humans) outright. Even if the target survives, he suffers major brain damage: reduce I.Q. by 2 and M.E. by 1. Obviously, this is not a tactic that a character of good alignment would even consider, except in the most dire of situations.

Needle SDC: One piont per needle initially, so the act of pulling on the creatures kills them instantly. The creature converts the SDC damage it inflicts to its own SDC as it grows.

Limitations: Non-living targets are immune to being infected with spawn, though the needles may still inflict impact damage like any solid projectile. Intangibility and Alter Physical Structure powers grant immunity to infection, if the powers are active at the time.
Super beings possessing the powers of Regeneration Ultima, Super-Regeneration or the Mega-Hero powers of Immortal or Undead are also protected: more specifically, a spawn can infect them, but their bodies will consume it before it has a chance to consume their bodies.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

RMThompson wrote:Holy geez that is the most disgustingly repulsive power I've ever read......
:puke:

I LOVE IT!

:ok:

There are others that are pretty horrific, like those by Shaded_Helios whcih appear a lot earlier in this thread. :frazz:
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Nimmy will be limiting the posting of powersto the wiki to those that have created them. That should solve the problem.

http://forums.palladium-megaverse.com/viewtopic.php?t=81804
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Alter Physical Structure: Marionette(Major) by Stone Gargoyle
The superbeing is changed upon transforming into a wooden marionette held by strings which are attached to a floating control mechanism which appears to be intersected boards.

1.Marionette Control Mechanism Mechanics: The control mechanism that forms contains the hero's senses which direct the body via the strings. Any shots or attacks aimed at the control mechanism will inflict damage directly to hit points. The Hit Points regenerate at a rate of 2d6 per 10 minutes. The mechanism has a Natural AR of 16 and floats 30 feet off the ground(see Flight: Hover below). Electricity, lasers and energy bolts do normal damage when the strike is over 13 and half damage if the roll is 12 or below. The hero is resistant to cold-based attacks but takes double damage from fire, plasma and magical fire. The control mechanism sees everything below, allowing the marionette to respond to attacks as if possessing Supervision: Circular Vision, giving the character an Automatic Dodge and +2 to a normal dodge in this form. Since the mechanism looks down from above, the marionette cannot be surprised from ground based attacks which approach from behind or are at close range.
As a marionette, the hero does not need to breathe, eat or drink, and is immune to disease, poisons, toxins, and most gases.

2,Strings: The control mechanism controls the body via a series of strings (8+1d6 in number) which cannot be damaged by most physical attacks (punches, kicks and many melee weapon attacks will simply push the strings without break them) and are hard to see. Cutting strikes, fire and lasers can all damage the strings, and a critical hit, body slam or power punch to the marionette body will cause the strings to snap. Since the strings are hard to see, opponents are at a penalty of -6 to strike them. If able to grab their strings, an opponent can rip them using both hands, also. Treat strings as if having an SDC of 2 points per foot for this purpose. The weight allowance for the strings is the marionette body's weight, plus 100 lbs per level. It they are detached or cut, the control mechanism will attempt to reattach its strings, taking 1d4 melee rounds for strings to assert themselves again, and so the control mechanism will be prone to attack during this process (cannot move during this process and body will remain collapsed).

3.Flight: Hover The control mechanism of the marionette hold it upright and so has to hover overhead, which it can do at a maximum height of 30 feet off the ground. It can lower itself to as low as a few inches off the ground if necessary, though the marionette must be held upright in order to fight effectively.
Flight Speed: 10mph, +5mph per level
+10% to prowl skill
+2 to dodge when hovering or moving through the air
+2 damage for every 20mph of flight speed
Please note that this is the hero's primary form of movement when in marionette form.

4.Marionette Body Size and Mass: The marionette body is the same size as the hero's normal body, but weight is doubled due to becoming wood.
The marionette gains +1d4 PS, which is considered Extraordinary for the purpose of lifting things.

5.Marionette Body Armor Rating and SDC: The marionette possesses all the vulnerabilities and immunities as the control mechanism. Its wooden body has a Natural AR of 12 and 300 SDC. Marionette SDC does not regenerate, so if an arm is broken, it stays broken until the body is depleted of SDC and is replaced, or until he transforms into his normal state. When the marionette's SDC is gone, the Control Mechanism will discard the marionette body and remain in this form until a new marionette body materializes after 5 minutes, simply appearing on the end of the strings, having full amount of SDC. The character can only generate his ME number in marionette bodies per day. The marionette body must be intact and attached to the strings in order to transform back to human form. Only one marionette body can be formed at one time (If the marionette body is detached from the strings but still has SDC, the hero cannot create another marionette body but instead must reattach to the detached body).

6.Marionette Body Appearance: The marionette's body has its appearance determined when the character is created, and can be swapped out for a different appearance when generating a new marionette body following one's destruction through loss of SDC, or when chosen upon the hero's transformation initially. The character has one secondary marionette appearance at level one and gains an additional appearance option at levels 3,6,9,12 and 15.

7.Marionette Mechanics and Limitations: The marionette body must be attached to the strings in order to move; with the control mechanism unable to attack or interact with others without the marionette body. The marionette form is incapable of speech (though writing is still possible).

8.Other Abilities and Bonuses:
+2 save vs. mind control and psionics
+1d4 ME
+1d6 PE
Last edited by Stone Gargoyle on Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

What?! No Alter Physical Structure: Cranberry Sauce?! :D
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

taalismn wrote:What?! No Alter Physical Structure: Cranberry Sauce?! :D

Not yet, but you are certainly welcome to create one. I am modifying APS Marionette so anybody having copied it prior to this post please note the changes.
Senator Cybus
Dungeon Crawler

Stone Gargoyle wrote:*Sigh* Sorry to have to say this, Senator, but that power is NOT an energy expulsion.

Oops! I'm getting into a habit of labelling all 'shooty' powers as energy expulsion. :oops: :lol:

Stone Gargoyle wrote: It is not matter expulsion either.

I'd argue that it is: the character does expel matter, after all. The fact that that matter then expels its own matter shouldn't, erm, matter. Besides, it's going to make classification of the power easier: there isn't really a sub-grouping for powers that are based around monster babies!

Anyway, I've re-jigged it with your other comments in mind; see what you think...

Matter Expulsion: Spawn (Major)

By Senator Cybus

Possibly the most horrific matter expulsion power known to man! The super being can shoot an organic needle into the flesh of an opponent - painful and unpleasant in itself, but nothing compared to what happens next. After a brief incubation period (1D4+1 melee rounds), the true nature of the needle is revealed: it is a delivery system for a rapidly growing and desperately hungry infant creature, resembling a tiny, misshapen version of the super being who created it!
The stricken opponent will take 1D4+6 damage direct to Hit Points every round for three melee rounds, as the thing inside him eats its way out! If the target fails to save vs. pain (15 or higher; M.E. bonuses applicable), reduce his attacks per melee round, combat bonuses and Speed by half, and all skills are performed at -40%.

Damage: The impact of the needle causes 1D6 +1D6 per level of experience. The needles are covered with a multitude of small, tough barbs and pulling one free of the skin will cause 1D4+1 damage: a stricken character will require medical assistance to remove them without causing further injury.
Note: a super being with this power may elect to shoot an opponent in the head. This is a Called Shot, but a successful strike means that the needle has entered the opponent’s skull and the spawn can then devour his brain! If the spawn inflicts at least 25 damage, this will kill a normal human (and most super humans) outright. Even if the target survives, he suffers major brain damage: reduce I.Q. by 2 and M.E. by 1. Obviously, this is not a tactic that a character of good alignment would even consider, except in the most dire of situations.
Limitations: If an opponent sacrifices a melee action to rip a needle out of his flesh within fifteen seconds of impact, the spawn does not have time to infect him and simply dies off before it can hatch (but see damage above).
Non-living targets are immune to being infected with spawn, though the needles may still inflict impact damage like any solid projectile. Intangibility and Alter Physical Structure powers grant immunity to infection, if the powers are active at the time. Super beings possessing the powers of Regeneration Ultima, Super-Regeneration or the Mega-Hero powers of Immortal or Undead are also protected: more accurately, a spawn can infect them, but their bodies will consume it before it has a chance to consume their bodies.
Senator Cybus
Dungeon Crawler

And a new one!

Brains to Brawn (Major)

By Senator Cybus

“Oh, you think me a nerd, do you, sir? Well, perhaps then it will surprise you to discover that this nerd is now….going to....SMASH....PUNY HUMAN!!!”

Perhaps the ultimate expression of mind over matter, this is the extraordinary power to convert mental energy into solid muscle. By temporarily lowering his I.Q., M.A. and/or M.E., the player can significantly boost his P.S. and S.D.C. scores.
For every one point sacrificed from any mental attribute, the character gains 1 P.S. and 5 S.D.C.; for example, if the player chooses to reduce his I.Q. by 10, his P.S. increases by 10 and he gains 50 S.D.C.
Points from the three mental attributes can be combined; for example, the player could decide to sacrifice 10 points from I.Q., M.A. and M.E. to boost his P.S. by 30 and gain 150 S.D.C.
For every 20 P.S. gained in this way, the level of the character’s strength increases by a factor of one: normal human strength would become Extraordinary Physical Strength, Extraordinary Physical Strength would become Superhuman Strength and Superhuman Strength would become Supernatural Strength. If the character raises his P.S. by another 20 points after attaining Supernatural Strength (or if he already possesses that power), he also temporarily gains the power of Giant (Powers Unlimited 1, page 28 ), with all the attendant bonuses for his experience level.

Range: Self.
Damage: As per P.S. bonus.
Duration: Changing to/from the empowered state takes one full melee round. If after reducing his mental attributes the character’s I.Q. and M.E. scores are both lower than 8, the transformation lasts a full 5 minutes per level of experience and cannot be ended prematurely. If the character’s I.Q. and M.E. scores are still both 8 or higher, the super being retains enough concentration and understanding to cancel the change at will, though he can choose to remain empowered for the full duration.
Bonuses:
+1D4 I.Q.
+1D4 M.A.
+1D4 M.E.
Penalties: As the character’s mental attributes decrease, the player should reduce any bonuses derived from those scores accordingly. If a mental attribute drops below 16, all bonuses associated with it are lost, including any gained from the super powers of Extraordinary Intelligence, Extraordinary Mental Affinity or Extraordinary Mental Endurance.
An I.Q. of 7 imposes a penalty of -40% to all skills. For every point the I.Q. drops below 7, there is a cumulative penalty of -10%.
An M.A. of 7 imposes a penalty of -50% to invoke trust/intimidation. For every point the M.A. drops below 7, there is a cumulative penalty of -10%.
An M.E. of 7 imposes a penalty of -4 to save vs. psionic attack or insanity. For every point the M.E. drops below 7, there is a cumulative penalty of -2.
No mental attribute can be lowered to zero: this would cause instant brain death. Combat bonuses are not affected by the drop in mental acuity: what the character lacks in technique, he makes up for with savagery and strength.
For 1D4 melee rounds after the character returns to normal, he will feel somewhat light-headed and disoriented: lose one attack/action per melee round and reduce all combat bonuses by half. He cannot transform again until he recovers from this state.
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

Absorb Energy: [Major] By Iczer

'Just one more blast of fire to seal the deal'

The character has the ability to metabolise energy and convert them into new abilities.
1) Energy resistance: The character is highly resistant to energy attacks and damage, taking half damage from all sources of energy (excluding purely kinetic energy)
2) Energy pool: the character has a floating resevoir that can be filled with externally derived energy. any time the character would take damage from an energy attack, (which is halved before absoption: see #1) he instead directs the energy to fill is reservoir. This reservoir has a maximum capacity equal to His PE attribute, plus 10, with an additional +10 per level.
3) Shedding bolts: The character can, as an action, shed up to 4D6 damage from the pool, either as a passive glow (lasts the whole melee) as a sudden discharge (1D6 damage to all targets within 5 feet) or as a bolt of energy (120 feet, +2 to strike, does 4D6 damage +1 every second level of experience)
4) Filled to capacity. Once the character has a reservoir filled to at least 30 points, he gains a minor super power of choice. this choice is made at character creation and does not change. No attribute changes or SDC/HP changes are gained, only the power's basic effects. this power remains in use until his reservoir drops below 30 points.
5) additional powers. at levels 4,8 and 12 the character may add another minor power to his list. these additioal powers come into effect when his reservoir hits 60, 90 and 120 points respectively, and dissapear as these thresholds are lost, but arrive and dissapear in an order of the character's choosing.

Selection: [Major] By Iczer
'I could haul you to safety, but I have to give up being bulletproof...oh the dilemna'

The character posesses two minor superpowers of choice, restricted in choice by only two factors.
1) One of the powers must be 'always on' or of unlimted duration.
2) only one power can be used at any one time.

The character gains all attribute and SDC bonuses from both powers, though not in excess of 30 in any given attribute (excess comes and goes when powers are switched).

The character may switch which power is active by expending an 3 actions. this drops to 2 actions at level 4 and 1 action at level 8. at level 10 the character can swap once per melee without spending any actions.

at 6th level, the character develops a third minor power to add to the selection, which *should* be a logical extension of one of the others. unlike the first two, there are no extra SDC or attribute bonuses.

Other bonuses: The character is very attuned to his body and the changes wrought when he alters himself.
4 times per day, when he changes his power set, he may heal 5D6 damage to himself. Even when not healing, a change in powers will stop bleeding.
If the character is transformed against his will (magical shapeshifting, mutant power etc) he may make a saving throw every round (18+ PE bonuses apply) to shift to his normal state.
The character also has a base, unpowered state in which he has no powers or extraordinary abilites. He can take this to shed unwanted visual mutations or as a disguise.

Batts
"Sorry Drewkitty, the laws of physics were defeated by Iczer way back in like, the first ten pages of this thread." A.J. Pickett
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

Chaotic Strike [Minor]
'OOps didn't know that was going to happen'

The character can fire off a bolt of energy that warps reality and funnells disorder into the target, releasing disaster and ruin upon the target.
Range: 200 feet
Damage 1D6+1 per level of the character (see below)
Attacks per melee: each blast equals one of the character's hand to hand attacks for the round.
bonus to strike: None but the chaotic nature of the blast, and its suddenness in exploding in the target's face reduces their attempts to parry or dodge the bolt at -4. the raw chaotic nature of the attack makes defending from it difficulty, but also reduces the ability to make precision shots.
Other notes: The attack form is usually random. GM's should feel free to use their imagination to determine what for the chaos takes when it arrives or use the following table.
1 - An explosion of fire and heat
2 - Shocking burst of electricity
3 - Pure force
4 - Extreme drops in temperature
5 - Sudden materialisation of high velocity matter
6 - Bursts of light or radiation
7 - Acid or other caustic substance
8 - Target simply starts dissolving or warps in shape
9 - High pitched sound
10- target's own biology attacks him (ageing, cancers etc)

Secondary note: The character can sacrifice the wholeness of his mind (ME) or body (PE) to augment this attack. each PE point or ME point expended adds +2 damage to the damage. By Sacraficing one of each, the character also adds +1 to strike (with a further +1 for each 'pair' spent) lost ME and PE returns at a rate of 1 per melee round.

Matter dissolution: [Major]
'ow ow ow..the bullets sting but at least my suit's not torn'

The character can cause matter to break down into liquid, dust and gas, held together only by weakened electromagnetic bonds. seconds after dissolution these bonds tighten again strengthening and reforming into their original shape.
1) soften matter: by expending two actions and gesturing toward s any solid object within 40 feet, the character cuases it's bonds to weaken. gravity deforms it under it's weight rendering it useless. this focussed attack disables an object roughly 1000 cubic feet. whilst effected it flattens outward and sags. It's AR becomes 1 and it's SDC is reduced to 1 percent normal (but never less than it's original AR). molecular cohesion prevents it from dissintegrating and flowing away, but the substance is more easilly ripped and torn apart. softened matter remains softened for one melee round per level but returns to it's original shape at the end of this timeunless held in place by a substance of equal hardness (pouring liquified steel into a titanium tube results in a cylinder of steel)
Liquified machines will not function, and may tear themselves apart if manhandled. Likewise liquified weapons are no more than soggy clubs (1d4 damage plus half PS damage bonuses, and take the same damage they dish out) Liquified body armour provides little protection and (becuase it won't fall off) actually hampers a person inside (-2 to strike, parry and dodge. Liquified walls cannot support weight (but the surrounding matter will) and can be walked upon
a liquified portion of the ground makes a good trap but is very slow and easilly avoided by the wary (any dodge of 12 or better avoids under normal circumstances. when the ground reforms it will spit the held targets out.)
2) swim through matter: the character may dive into the ground and swim at half his normal spd attribute (or 1/4 if swimming 'upstream') by liquifiying his immeadiate surroundings and letting it solidify behind him. matter is not as forgiving as water, and is three times more fatiguing to swim through.
3) Weapon resistance: by keeping this power active, and expending one action per melee round in concentration, the character takes half damage from all weapons (the weapons also take the same damage) bullets flatten, swords turn to goo. evn falling rocks, crashing cars and falls onto concrete see their damage reduced. likewise, the character can ignore up to 4 AR of a target's body armour (it flows out of the way of his fist) and by tearing chunks of matter with his hands he can inflict 4D6+PS damage bonus with his bare hands to unliving, inorganic items.

Batts
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

Razor field: [Major]

'Struggle if you like...I just adore scars'

The character can creates bands of semi solid force with wicked barbs and sharp edges to be used in a varierty of fashions.

1) Entangle: the character can wrap a target in these bands of b barbed force.
Range: 50 feet +5 feet per level.
Bonus to strike: none with the gift wrap, +2 with the cage
attacks: each entangle attack counts as two actions.
Duration: 2 melee rounds per level, or until broken. further with concentration.
Effect: The target is wrapped in bands of sharpened force. these bands have some give but cut and lacerate the target as he struggles. the target is held with the power of a superhuman PS equal to the character's ME, and the target may escape by normal grapple escape attempts. each attempt to escape inflicts 1D4 damage per level of the character plus the bound targets PS damage bonus. the bands disintegrate if they take more than the character's PE in damage (+4 per level). the bands take half damage from energy. The character may constrict a grappled target by expending an action. each 'squeeze' does 2D4 damage to the bonds but 1D4 damage per level plus the superhuman stength bonus (if any) to the target.
The bands can be used to make a wall (20 x 20 feet) as long as at least 2 walls are present to brace it. a cage (same as an entangle, only there is no option to constrict, and the target can still act unrestrained inside the cage itself. a net (but woe betide anything that falls into it - normal falling damage, plus 1d4 per level) or a field of dangerous ground ( 1d4 Damage plus 1 point per level to anyone crossing it, for every 5 feet of gorund moved through) 20 feet by 20 feet. any of these manifestations can either be left alone for their normal duration, or held by concentration (uses one action up per melee round)
2) Laceration attack: the character can hrl razor sharp shards of force at a target or a lash of barbed energy.
The lash has a range of 20 feet and uses the character's normal strike bonus at -2, and inflicts 2d6 damage plus his PS bonus. each attack uses one action.
a burst of barbs can hurt a target out to 120 feet with +2 to strike. a single target is +4 to strike and takes 2D4 plus 1D4 damage per level. a blast covering multiple opponents (up to one per level, within 15 feet of each other) does only 2d6 damage to each opponent that fils to dodge.
4) Lacerating field: by surrounding himself with barbed force the character makes a kind of makeshift body armour. this takes one action per melee round, but grants the character natural weapons (+6 damage with bear handed melee attacks, or 3D6 with any grapple, or body block/tackle. anyone striking the character with a bare hand or other natural weapon must roll over 14 or strike the body armour (and take 2d6 damage) while the lacerating field is up, no other sub powers may be used, though the body armour does provide 30 SDC +3 per level.

Bughunter: [Minor]
'Oh yeah...the giants wasps don't bother me'

The character emits a kind of bio0radiation that is harmfull to a vast array of species and subspecies of the insectae and related species, including but not limited to arachnids, alien bugs, mutant bugs insectile aliens.
The character inflicts double damage whenever physically striking any of these targets in melee combat, and has a bonus of +2 to strike, parry and dodge their attacks. merely touching this character will inflict 2d6 damage to any insect foolish enough to try it.
The character takes half damage from insect stings and venoms and enjoys a +4 bonus to any saving throws vs insect venoms.

Otherworldy aura: [Minor]
'He seemd more impressive up close, and even thouygh he slept, i felt like he was watching me'

The character can emita pseudo spionic like effect that makes others percive him as otherworldy.
His MA is considered 6 points higher when within 30 feet of a target. His presence triggers powers that sense danger such as sixth sense (including the psionic version) and powers that detect superhumans also inflate his apparent abilities (sense death and destruction sees him as a harbinger of doom, but for no good reason).
The character also has a HF of 8. just enough to give people the willies nad upset the easilly frightened.
What is more, is that he has a varying immunity and resistence to many psionic and pseudo psionic powers. whenever targeted by a power that requires a save Vs Psionics, the character rolls on the following chart.
Immune on this occasion to this power
Highly resistant: +8 to save
Resistant: +4 to save
Mildly resistant: +2 to save
Normally affected: no bonus to save.
re roll for each time a power is used. sometimes he may be immune, other times he may have no special immunity.

Batts
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

Productive gut [Minor]
"no boss...You don't want to know where that as been'

The character ahs a massive control over his stomach, oesophegus and digestive tract, allowing him to perform a variety of stunts.

1) Safe swallow: the character can choose to ingest an object or substance safely. the object or substance is either stored safely and expelled at the character's discretion (or digested if possible). the character has only a regular sized stomach and cannot deform too greatly to accommodate extra large items. He can safely swallow acid, petrol, grease, month old milk, razor blades, soap flakes etcetera and pass sthem without harm.

2) Biological function control: the character cannot be made to puke, or excrete against his will. he is immune to gastrointestinal disorders and parasites of the digestive tract. He can perform these functions voluntarilly however. combined with the above ability, it makes him an adequate smuggler. this power extends to his entire mouth, rendering him immune to halitosis, and tooth decay.

3) other bonuses: the character enjoys +2 to his PE attribute. He can avoid digesting fats and carbohydrates in excess. The character has such control that he may swallow a poisoned steak, and digest the meat, but not the poison. The inside of his stomach has hundreds of extendable cilia with a great tactile ability. he can swallow a padlock and it's key and can reasonably expect to open the padlock from inside his own gut. Like wise he can swallow objects as large as a tennis ball. he retains a constant awareness of what he has swallowed and so cannot be poisoned accidentally.

Force shield: [Major]
'well, you know what they say...Dome is where the heart is'

The character can form a dome around himself, 8 feet in diametre and 8 feet high plus 4 feet every other level. This dome can be created in an instant (one attack) and may be used as a blocking mechanism. in the air, or without solid gound, this is instead a sphere.

The dome (or sphere) has an SDC of 1000, plus 10 times his ME score per level. it enjoys an AR of 18 when it counts. and can support a weight equal to a supernatural strength equal to the character's ME attribute (+4 per level). the dome is immobile and may vary from transperant to opaque at the character's will, and may diffuse sound either negligibly or completely.

The dome remains active as long as the character wills it, by expending one action per melee round.. it recovers SDC very slowly though, healing 1D4x10 every hour. once a field is formed, it does not change shape until dropped and recreated. the character chooses the radius of the field when he creates it.

Other bonuses: The character may refresh oxygen within the bubble and make it gas permiable or air/water tight. he can vary the temperature within the dome by 20 degree's from the outside temperature. The shield stops even psychic assaults, lending all inside +6 to save Vs psionics.
At 6th level, the character can ceate an expanding field. this field forms as normal, but may expand out to it's maximum range. this takes 2 actions to perform, and inflicts 4D6 damage to everyone outside the field's initial creation area that gets struck by the expanding field. the character can drop his field wne he likes, but only on his action. targets struck have a 80% chance of being knocked down (subtract thier PS from this % chance)

Willfield: [Minor]
'we wailed on him for about 60 seconds and he didn't even blink...but he didn't like it when used the fireaxe'

The character generates a protective field over himself that deflects attacks from himself. This otherwise invulnerable field has a small glitch in that excess damage can force the character to drop it from shock.
The character ignores 3 points of damage from anye xternal source per level, and divides the rest by his level. this damage never touches the character, and manifests as internal stress and strain (so fire does not burn, nor do swords cut, nor poison darts penetrate skin). The normal damage dealt is compared to his ME score whenver he is hit. if the damage exceeds his ME score, he must make a Saving throw (14+) with a penalty of -1 for every full 10 points in excess, and a further -1 for every time he has made one of these saves before. ME bonuses apply. Failre to save shuts down the field, and drops the character by 1 ME point. The field cannot be reactivated for 1D4 melee rounds afterwards.

Sacraficial Armour: [Major]
'I can take this kind of assault all day guys...lets get them'

The character forms a kind of armored skin overhimself that can be sacraficed to peform in a superior fashion.
1) standard armour: AR 14 (Natural) SDC 300. the armour, while active, adds +2D4 to PS. The armour adds 10% to the character's weight and bulk. and does not affect speed. armoured fists and feet add +2 to all bare handed attacks. the armour is especially effective against sharp or sudden blows. swords, bullets, claws and axes, infact all kinetic cutting and peircing attacks inflict half damage, and must overcome an AR of 4 points higher.
2) sacraficial options: The character may dump1 or more points of AR to add 50 SDC to the armour. each poiunt dumped costs an action.
The character may dump 1 point of AR and 15 SDC to ablate armour so to mitigate the damage from a more masisve attack (halves the damage of a single attack)
May halve his current armour's SDC to gain a +10 PS bonus, and a doubled mass. this also halves the character's Spd. he must have at least 75 SDC remaining to perform this.
May reduce AR by 1 to provide a specific energy resistance (half damage from a single chosen energy type)
3) recovery. AR recovers at a rate of 1 per hour (or not at all if the armour is not dropped). Armour SDC recovers at a rate of 2D4 every 15 minutes. if the armour is shattered, then it shuts down for 6 hours (but recoveres normally in this time) It takes one action to make any sort of adjustment to the armour, but 2 full melee rounds to reverse any single change.

Batts
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

Jackrabbit: [minor]
'heh...my reflexes are jacked way too high for you to watch, much less catch. see you 'round!'

The character can enhance his reflexes and coordination in short controlled bursts at a personal cost to his own health.
By expending 1D4 HP, the character enjoys the following bonuses for one round.
* +10 PP
* Double Spd
* Auto dodge +2
* +4 to regular dodges.
* +2 actions for that melee round
* +4 initiative.
* Can leap a number of feet equal to his own body height plus his PP score across, or half that high.
* +4 to roll with punch/fall/impact

Harden light: [minor]
'A flashlight can be dangerous in the wrong hands my friend'

The character can cuase existing light to harden into solid form without altering it's colouration or composition.
He can create a light cage or light wall. this creates a construct of SDC equal to ME x4. the character has +0 to trap a target in this cage of light. SDC is halved in poorly lit areas, and halved again in dim light.
He can pluck tools and objects made from light out of thin air. blunt weapons inflict 2d6 damage as clubs.
He can solidify a hologram, giving it SDC equal to the character's MEx2, a PP equal to his MA and a PS equal to his IQ. such constructs remain solid for one minute per level, or for as long as the character concentrates.
He can uagment laser weapons. by hardening the blasts of a laser weapon, he can add kinetic energy to the mix, adding 2 point's of damage per level. By intersecting flat sheets of light, the character can diffuse incoming laser or light based attacks by 1/2.

High speed vocalisation: [Minor]
'Brrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiii'

The character can shreik in such high pitched, rapid fire tones that he canlliterally speak internet. By performing this shreik, he can confuse telephone reception, surf the internet, access passwords, as long as anaudible reciever is available (a simple telephone will do). he can speak at high pitched morese code over the radio, can understand the content of a fax coming over a regular phone line and other similiar tricks. He understands the output as well, and can interperate the sounds as web pages. Using computers in this fashion for regular research or computer use is at 10 times normal speed.
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

Forge energy constructs [Major]
'Wow...Flame breath huh? thanks for the body armour Noob'

The character can turn energy into solid, sculpted objects defensively and creatively. the power cannot affect simple ambient energy (local electromagnetism, ambient light) but instead warps and twists voiolent, harsh damaging energy sources.
1) Create simple objects: the character can reduce the damage of an energy source or energy attack by 2D6 +1 d6 per level of experience by vlowing a single attack action. the 'damage done' creates a solid object with an SDC total equal to the result of the dice. a lasre beam may be turned into a rainbow, a flat plane or wall of energy or a chair. the character makes a parry roll, adding a +4 from this power. (no roll necessary if the energy source is static.) created objects last one minute per level of the character, but can be maintained after this by expending one action per melee (in which case the object loses 1 SDC every minute after that)
2) Form armour: an energy blast may be used to form armour on the character. the armour has an SDC equal to that rolled, but excess energy simply refracts. wearing a suit of energy armour provides immunity to the energy source that created it, plus energy resistence to other energy sources. the armour has a natural AR of 12 the armour may be upgraded in SDC by being exposed to the same energy source as it's original construction. SDC is capped at MEx20.
3) Form weapons: the character can form simple solids, even sharp ones from energy sources. the items created do 2d6 damage as a weapon, with +1 to strike and parry due to the personalised nature of the weapon. alternately, the character can cause a shard of solid energy to revert back to it's ebergy state inflicting 2d6 damage +1D6 per level as a melee or thrown weapon. energy shards used like this are unstable and may not be used as tools or weapons (will oikely break and explode when they do)
4) animate energy: by creating an animated form, the charactre can cuase an energy elemental to result. these little guys hav an SDC equal to the damage rolled, 2 attacks per melee, an initaitive bonus of the character's level, a PS of half the character's ME plus one per level and a PP and speed equal to the character's MA +1 per level. each animated energy construct requires one action per round to animate and dissolve one round after concentration stops.
5) other bonuses: takes half damage from energy when not actively draining it away.
+4D6 SDC

Rot: [Major]
'MY face...what have you done to my beautiful face'

The character can cuase rot and decay in living flesh, causing necrotising bacteria to feast on a subject.
Range: By touch, or by ranged spray out to 30 feet.
Attacks: each use of rot counts as two melee attacks.
Effect: flesh, wood and organic substances take 2d6 damage +1D6 damage per level of experience. this power bypasses natural armour but worn armour protects (at -2 to AR vs the cloud). the target also lose 1 PB.
In addition, the target must make a saving thow (16+ PE bonuses apply) or lose 1 from PE and natural AR's.
If a target takes more damage in a single attack than his PE score, he begins to suffer decay in major organs as well, coughing bile and blood up in gouts while chunks of flesh wither and shed. roll on the minor side effects of damage chart (roll major if losing HP). interperate results as necessary ( a broken limb may be simply withering)
Damage doene by this power takes twice as long to heal. invulnerable characters, or those that are immortal, or regenerate in any way take half damage and have +2 to saving throws (and add their level to their effective PE score to determine how much damage they can take before withering)
2) wither self: the character can perform controlled withering on himself to make himself more damage tolerant, and to horrify one's enemies. while witherd the character's PB drops to 1D4+2. he is insensitive to pain, and takes half damage from kinetic sources, and enjoys a +4 to PS and PE (both extraordinary)
3) other abilities: +2D4x10 SDC

Inertial shield: [minor]
'slow and steady now...'

The character is highly resistant to all forms of damage the slower he moves.
Initially, the character reduces damage from all sources by his PE score +10. contingent on him being still. during this time he is also hard to move, or trip requiring a force equal to his PS +2 per level to move.
If he moves at all however, this changes.
normal walking and casual activity reduces this by 5. the vigourous motion of combat reduces this again by a number equal to hos highest used combat bonus (init, parry, damage, strike etc). every 2 feet moved in a given action also drops this by 1 (so a body block on an opponent 20 feet away with +4 to strike reduces this by 5+10+4 or 19 points.) If the character is moved but is relatively still (on moving train etc) this is reduced by 1 point for every 10 mile sper hour travelled. (the motion of the planet does not count). if the character is tripped, knocked down or back or is picked up or moved against his will, his protection is halved immeadiately (and halved again if he gets back up). any attempt to move over half his normal speed will also reduce this power to nothing.
Bonuses: +3D6 to SDC +2 to PE and PS

Bio-energy cysts [major]
'He is flesh and blood master, despite those growths on his body he is fleash and blood..and he can be killed'

The character can cover his body in lumpy growths. these growths may resemble skin cancers, cycsts, boils, wooden thorns, mineral deposist or as the character desires, but lowers his PB by 8 points when he grows them. these cysts provide partial protection, but can also be milked for nutrients.
1) protective measures: +50 SDC, a natural AR of 8 +4 to roll with punch/fall impact +4 to PE. The cysts have as many HP as the character. the cysts neutralise poisons and toxins. each saving thow failed by the character inflicts 1D4 damage to the cysts HP's instead of their usual effect, and no secondary damage occurs from them. The cysts can release HP into the body, curing 3D6 SDC or HP and expending the same.

2) feeding: 12 HP can be expended by the cysts to feed and provide water for one man for one day., or can heal HP damage to another at the same rate as he heals himself. The fluid from the cysts can be mildly addictive and a pleasnat narcotic (about as addictive as weed). drinking 6 HP from a cyst can neutralise poison in a body, or by drinking 12 points the subject can be cured of most serious illnesses and addictions (only to replace with a new one)
By drinking 20 HP, a target may become juiced up, gaining the power of lightning reflexes for 2D4 minutes.
anyone drinking more than 10 points a day can be infected with a mutation. the target makes a saving throw (14+ PE bonuses apply) after a week of drinking 10 points per day. if he fails, he gains a random mutation from the mutants chart. (5% chance instead gains an alien body type instead)
3) cyst arsenal: the character blow 1D4 Cyst HP to create a variety of biological attacks: each attack is a 'squirt' that can be projected 30 feet +one foot per PE point. with +3 to strike.
Acidic: inflicts 3d6 damage, with an additinal 1d6 damage each round for the next 1D4 rounds.
Mace: called shot only. inflicts blindness and stinging to eyes, -6 to all combat manoevres. blinded for 1d4+1 rounds
Venomous: Save vs Lethal poison or take 4D6 damage.
Nauseating bile: save vs non lethal poison or lose 2 from all combat manoevres, -1 attack per melee, and -30% to spd and skill use (vomiting and gagging) lasts 1D4+1 rounds
Paralysis: Save vs non lethal or gain numbness where the fluid splashes. -2 PP and -4 Spd per failed save. lasts 2D4 melee rounds.
4) spoilsport: any cutting or pericing melee attack can be absorbed by the cysts HP instead of the character's SDC. if so, the attacker is immeadaitely sprayed by one of his toxic bursts. the attacker must dodge (16+) to avoid
5) healing: the charactre heals at three times normal rate when this power is active. the cysts themselves heal their Base SDC at a rate of 2D4 per half hour and HP at a rate of 1D4 per hour. Drinking the juice from any of the cysts takes one melee round for every 4 HP drunken, and up to 4 people can 'feast' on a character at any given time.

Batts
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Senator: Matter expulsion refers to no-living substances. I like my rewrite and edit better than your new version, but perhaps it is a matter of taste and desire for detail.

Iczer: Woah, dude! Lots more stuff for me to print out! Woohoo! My, but you have been busy!
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

This was posted to a different thread:

panzerfaust wrote:
    Heres MY version of Natural Combat Ability:
    Natural Combat Ability (Major Super Ability):
    This power grants inherent knowledge of combat styles and weapons use. The Character need not have ever taken any courses in fighting, hand to hand combat or the use of weapons, he will simply know how to do these things. A character with this power will not be able to learn a hand to hand combat skill or any weapon proficiency or the sniper skill, though he may select physical skills that augment his hand to hand abililities, like boxing wrestling etc, etc.
    1. Provides The Following Bonuses:
    +3 Attacks/Actions Per Melee.
    +3 to Save vs Horror Factor
    +3 to Save vs Possession and Mind Control
    +3 to Strike.
    +4 to Parry.
    +6 to Dodge (Normal type of dodge).
    Auto Dodge (no bonus).
    +3 to pull Punch.
    Automatic Parry.
    Back Flip: 72% +2% per level.
    Exceptional Balance: 70% +2% per level.
    W.P. Paired Ancient Weapons: ALL.
    W.P. Paired Fire Arms: Revolvers, Pistols, and Sub-Machineguns.
    Can Pick up and use any type of ANCIENT melee weapon (Sword, Spear, Bow and Arrow, Club, Axe Etc, Etc.), as well as any type of MODERN Firearms and Energy Weapons, as well as weapon systems built into a vehicle, and instictively knows how to use them (how to shoot, reload, clean, etc.)! However, all such weapon are used with only a +2 to strike/shoot and parry. Rate of Fire, when applicable like Bow and Arrow is equal to the character's number of melee attacks per round, plus one.
    Punch: 1D6+2 damage.
    Backhand strike: 1D6 damage.
    Power Punch: 2D6 damage +2 per level.
    Kick (ordinary): 2D4 damage.
    Karate-Kick: 2D6+2 damage.
    Jump Kick: 3D8 Damage, cout as two attacks, automatic critical strike.
    Head Butt: 1D6 damage.
    Judo-Style Throw/Flip: Victim takes 2D4 damage and loses initiative and one melee attack.
    Knockout/Stun on a natural roll of 19-20.
    2. The following Bonuses are recieved as the character grows in experiance.
    2 +3 to Roll with Impact
    3 +2 to Strike, +3 to Parry and Dodge
    4 +4 to Damage, Body Block/Tackle: 1D6 damage, 65% chance of knocikg opponant down
    5 One additional attack per melee
    6 + 3 to Parry and Dodge, Entangle
    7 +2 to Automatic Dodge
    8 One additional attack per melee
    9 Leap Attack (Critical Strike), +2 to Entangle
    10 Critical Strike on a roll of 18-20
    11 +4 to Damage
    12 +2 to Parry and Dodge
    13 Knockout/Stun on a roll of 16-20
    14 One additional attack per melee
    15 Death Blow on a Natural 20

I am interested in different people's opinions on it before I decide whether I want to use the power as written in my game or if it could be tweaked a bit to make it more useable.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

which Rifter did Natural Combat Ability appear in?
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Mr. Deific NMI wrote:which Rifter did Natural Combat Ability appear in?

May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

This version was posted as a response to questions regarding Natural Combat Ability and the confusion surrounding the canon version that appears in the HU2 main book. It seems a bit tweaked too heavily towards gaining ridiculous bonuses compared to the version in the book. I am not real clear on why people keep posting powers of the same name as the official published variations.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Mephisto wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:This version was posted as a response to questions regarding Natural Combat Ability and the confusion surrounding the canon version that appears in the HU2 main book. It seems a bit tweaked too heavily towards gaining ridiculous bonuses compared to the version in the book. I am not real clear on why people keep posting powers of the same name as the official published variations.

I don't know if it's posted anywhere now (was on Powers Limited 2.5 awhile back before that site was taken down) but Eternal Warrior by Iczer is superior to Natural Combat Ability, and this old thread here http://www.palladium-megaverse.com/foru ... hp?t=42401 that highlights my Adaptive Fighting and Baron Von Clogg's own version of Natural Combat Ability (the only real problem I have with his is that I have no idea what combat moves the different fighting styles have, whereas mine is probably too detailed in that regard).

I have Eternal Warrior included in my binders. I have only once used it in a game and saw it as overpowering against the players. Anymore I try to downplay fighting styles for those who have powers unless their powers center around warrior mentality. The one posted here gives bonuses to BOTH ancient and melee weapons with no specific specialization. Basically says to me "Munchkin".
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Thundering Teleport(Major) by Stone Gargoyle
The character's teleport is accompanied by lightning and thunder.

1.Teleportation:
Duration: Instant
Weight Limit: Self and up to 50 lbs per level
Results of Unsuccessful Teleport: The character takes 2d6 damage (ouch!). 01-80% chance of success.
Limitations: Can only teleport outdoors.

2.Call Lightning: When the teleport initiates, a lightning bolt will shoot down, hitting anyone standing topo close. The hero can also call lightning when not teleporting, however. All attempts to dodge are done at a penalty of -3.
Range: Strikes the location of the teleport directly after departure and at the destination seconds before arrival; as an attack, ranfe is 200 feet, +20 feet per level
Duration:Instant
Damage: 6d6
Saving Throw: As a Dodge
Attacks: Simultaneous with teleport; as an attack, it uses one melee attack/action
Bonus: +2 to strike when used as an attack

3.Thunderclap: The teleport also creates a booming clap of thunder which can be heard up to a mile away. It intimidates animals and opponents will have to make a saving throw vs. Horror Factor. Cannot use unless teleporting.
Bonuses: Gives the hero initiative when arriving at a destination
+1 to strike, parry and dodge
Horror Factor: 10, +1 at levels 3,5,7,9,11 and 13
Duration of bonuses: 2 melee rounds

4.Other Abilities and Bonuses:
Resistant to Electrical Attacks (half damage)
+2 save vs. Horror Factor
Cannot be teleported by the teleportation powers of others
Last edited by Stone Gargoyle on Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Booming Teleport(Major) by Stone Gargoyle
When the hero teleports, it is accompanied by a sonic boom radiating out from where he telports from and from his destination when arriving.

1.Teleportation:
Duration: Instant
Weight Limit: Self and up to 50 lbs per level
Chance of Success: Use percentages for Teleport power on page 295 of HU2 rulebook.
Results of Unsuccessful Teleport: Teleports 1d6 feet from his original location, with the booming afect doing half damage and effects.

2.Energy Expulsion: Sonic Boom: The act of teleporting generates a sonic boom similar to that of the minor superability of EE Sonic Boom.
Range: 150 foot radius. Overlapping radius areas does not result in multiple damage.
Damage: 3d6 to all people and objects in range, plus there is a 01-80% likelihood that the victim of the blast is knocked off his feet and backwards 2d6 feet (flying characters are knocked twice the distance). Getting knocked off his feet causes the victim to lose initiative and 1 melee attack/action.
Penalty: Boom can be heard at a distance of 2 miles, potentially alerting others to the character's presence.

3.Other Abilities and Bonuses:
-The character is immune to the teleportation powers of others and cannot be forced to teleport against his will
-Impervious to Sound and vibration(as per the minor super ability)
panzerfaust
Adventurer

Unread post by panzerfaust »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
Mephisto wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:This version was posted as a response to questions regarding Natural Combat Ability and the confusion surrounding the canon version that appears in the HU2 main book. It seems a bit tweaked too heavily towards gaining ridiculous bonuses compared to the version in the book. I am not real clear on why people keep posting powers of the same name as the official published variations.

I don't know if it's posted anywhere now (was on Powers Limited 2.5 awhile back before that site was taken down) but Eternal Warrior by Iczer is superior to Natural Combat Ability, and this old thread here http://www.palladium-megaverse.com/foru ... hp?t=42401 that highlights my Adaptive Fighting and Baron Von Clogg's own version of Natural Combat Ability (the only real problem I have with his is that I have no idea what combat moves the different fighting styles have, whereas mine is probably too detailed in that regard).

I have Eternal Warrior included in my binders. I have only once used it in a game and saw it as overpowering against the players. Anymore I try to downplay fighting styles for those who have powers unless their powers center around warrior mentality. The one posted here gives bonuses to BOTH ancient and melee weapons with no specific specialization. Basically says to me "Munchkin".
No more "munchkin" than a lot of existing "Official" powers. Also note that the Bonses with Ancient and Modern Weapons DON'T Increase with experience: You're stuck with the +2 to Strike and Parry. If you like you can reduce the bonuses a bit, but I've found sicking Ancient Masters and N&SS martial Artists (getting in hand to hand range) and people with Invulnerablity on them generaly humbles people with this power.
NOW can I fire my Nuclear-Gattling-300mm-Boom Gun ?! ; Anonymous Munchkin
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

panzerfaust wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:
Mephisto wrote:

No more "munchkin" than a lot of existing "Official" powers. Also note that the Bonses with Ancient and Modern Weapons DON'T Increase with experience: You're stuck with the +2 to Strike and Parry. If you like you can reduce the bonuses a bit, but I've found sicking Ancient Masters and N&SS martial Artists (getting in hand to hand range) and people with Invulnerablity on them generaly humbles people with this power.

Given the stress of my morning thus far, I will just agree to disagree and leave it there.
panzerfaust
Adventurer

Unread post by panzerfaust »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
panzerfaust wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:
Mephisto wrote:

Given the stress of my morning thus far, I will just agree to disagree and leave it there.
Well I took no offense from your post and ment none in the reply. Thought if you disagree that is fine with me. So I'll guess I'll just agree to disagree as well. :wink:
NOW can I fire my Nuclear-Gattling-300mm-Boom Gun ?! ; Anonymous Munchkin
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Posting to the wiki is taking up much of my time, but hopefully I will have more powers posted here soon.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”