How HIGH can Levels go ?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Lenwen

How HIGH can Levels go ?

Unread post by Lenwen »

How high is considered the highest one can hope to achieve realistically when levels are concerned ? What is the highest leveled being in all of Palladium Books ? I have seen some Gods have upwords of lvl 30 in some O.c.c.'s is that the highest one can achieve?

-Lenwen.
Rahmota
Adventurer

Unread post by Rahmota »

adding the fact that role playing campaigns are ultimately finite

I dont know about the finite thing in terms of story. I have a few campaigns that lasted for 6 years real time and about 20 game time in the Robotech universe and the only reason we stopped pplaying it was the group disintegrated in the real world due to various causes.

I have had some pretty high level characters before. But then we are not always the most by the book games as well.
TANSTAAFL!
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

So generally speaking 10th level for player char's is about the near limit even after years an years of playing the same char ? I have had pc's with toons nearly level 12 before , the grp fell apart due to real life issues tho an decided to reroll new ones after everyone came back to play more games . Which I strongly advised as well lol

-Lenwen
Ahulane
Explorer

Unread post by Ahulane »

There is no real limit, it's all about how much work you want to do to get tooo...level 30 for instance...since the xp charts only go to 15 that doesn't mean that the level ends right there, you just have to do some math to figure out what it would take to get to the next level as far as xp goes...

Now if you want to know what benefits there are for going past 15....none really, just more PPE if your a caster or ISP if your psychic. Skills gained at anything past 15 would be almost insignificant as you'd be a master of any that you started with by then. So again, how much work do you want to do to be such a high level...

Now I do see your example of how some gods or beings are level 30 or 15-20 of multiple OCC's...thats just because they have been around for so long and are so powerful that spending several lifetimes to learn new skills and abilities aren't that big of a deal to them. However, I'd guess that 70% of all the races that are detailed in the books for any palladium setting have a set lifespan that is below 1,000 years or has at least a finite amount of time that they can potentially exist...so going from 1-15 takes years upon years upon years of time to gain...depending on the circumstances...

So...yeah...there really isn't a max level, just take a gander at the OCC's your were thinking of, try and find the pattern to their leveling scheme for skills/abilities/xp table and such and if you want to go past 15 with it then make a few house rules to allow it. There are also optional rules for "multi-classing" in the Palladium High Seas book.

A way my friends and I do it when we play, is we hand out xp for some of the lesser "missions/quests" that our characters do, and then hand out a separate amount for the whole experience at the end of the session. But yes...if you go by just what the book says...you and your GM better have a tally sheet to keep track of significant skill rolls, kills, ideas and the such because every little bit is going to count, and past level 5 the xp required to advance is atrocious IMO...
Mouser13
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Mouser13 »

Well, their is like a 100+ that is bounded to a rune dagger via the immority curse. Can't remember which book it is in palladium RPG.
Kagashi
Champion

Unread post by Kagashi »

Never had higher than level 7 myself
I want to see from Palladium:
Updated Aug 2015
-Rifts: Dark Woods/Deep South, Space 110 PA, Scandinavia
-Mechanoids: Space (MDC)
-Robotech: Errata for Marines timeline, Masters Deluxe with SC and UEEF gear, Spaceships
-Updated Errata for post-2006 printings of Rifts books
-Searchable, quality PDFs/E-pubs of current Rifts titles
GhostKnight
Adventurer

Unread post by GhostKnight »

I so wish for a Palladium computer game with infinite levels...
Recovery? Only for the rich and 20 counties.
Anti-Nuclear = Anti-Salmon
PC = Patronizing Cretin
The World Clock
Real Economic Statistics
Ahulane
Explorer

Unread post by Ahulane »

I so wish for a Palladium computer game with infinite levels...

Likewise...

I think it would be sweet if Bethseda stepped up and made one...there doing Fallout 3 after all...them or Bioware.
Aerv
D-Bee

Unread post by Aerv »

I'm currently running a character that is a level 16 Human Ley Line Walker, the other player in the group is a level 14 Neohuman, right on the verge of level 15.

I've had this same character for about 8 years now, and the Neohuman has been around for 6. In campaign terms, we've done the gathering of Heroes and the siege of Tolkien. And the GM has also had us fight Nxla, the Lord of the Deep, and quite a lot of fighting on Wormwood.

One hint, save people. Especially innocent people. By the rules in the Rifts RPG book, you get many times more experience for saving someone than by killing a menace. And the Siege and evacuation of Tolkien is just full of people needing to be saved.
Shadyslug
Hero
Comment: Ding ding ding there goes my wagon...

Unread post by Shadyslug »

7th level is the highest I ever got with a PC without GM "jumps" of experience...
Often times, we must atone for the sins of the father...

Return to “Rifts®”