Player designed Rune Weapons...

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Lenwen

Player designed Rune Weapons...

Unread post by Lenwen »

Am curious as to any other Rune weapons that enterprising GM's might have decided to create for thier worlds or thier players . Looking for the more original the better .

-Lenwen.
NovenTheHero
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by NovenTheHero »

I never really introduced rune weapons into my games since they were very low powered. Games that I did allow special weapons (holy weapons and lightbringer) were only in PF.
My Forums
Image Image
My 5 gallon batch of Traditional Mead and my 5 1 gallon batches of Melomel (Blueberry, Strawberry, Peach, Stawberry-Peach, and Mixed Berry)
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

The Rune Sponge of Squeekeekleen---essentially a long-handled staff-weapon....Created from the soul of a fastidiously obsessive-compulsive dragon with a cleanliness problem...Casts Cleanse, Wind Blast, Water Blast, Implosion Neutralizer, and Dehydrate Entity 5 times each per 24 hours+4 Water Elemental spells. Does 4d6 MD blunt force damage, and does double damage to detritus/filth-based entities such as Tectonic Entities, Zombies, and Pestilence Entities...
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Rockwolf66
Hero

Unread post by Rockwolf66 »

Revanche

A Greatest Rune Greatsword created by the Splugorth Runemaster, Malinekryth. The essence inside the sword was that of the goddess Carlingrah. She possesses both spacial magic and a nasty punch.

INT:18
She is aware of everything her owner can sense and will act on what she notices. Her personality is usually like that of an older sister or best friend.

*Spatial magic:Dementional portal,Teleport(superior), Dimentional teleport,Sanctum,Annihilate, and Santuary. Each can be cast up to three times a day and are equal to a 10th level mage.

*Tripple damage to supernatural beings.

*Souldrinker

*The sword does 2D6X10 damage to whatever is hits.
"Having met a few brits over here i wonder about them. The Military ones I met through my dad as a kid seem to be the most ruthless men on the planet..." -Steve Hobbs
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

I had one of my NPC's use a Rune Shield . Elemental magic as well as healing magic . Could be thrown to do dammage of 1d6x10 , Returned when thrown as well as made a thunder clap when it was thrown an struck something . An it could be magically thrown for up to 1000 ft. I thought I'd give my NPC some none traditional type of Rune Weapon . Since thier extreamly close to being 100% indestructable I figured what would be better then a shield heh .

-Lenwen.
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

The only ones I've created (that I remember, anyway) are the Twins. The beling to sir Colt in Madhaven.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Rockwolf66
Hero

Unread post by Rockwolf66 »

The Galactus Kid wrote:The only ones I've created (that I remember, anyway) are the Twins. The belonging to sir Colt in Madhaven.

those were an interesting pair of ladies. While Japanese Katana seem to get most of the attention when it comes to Earth origioned rune weapons who's to say that some Alchemist/Gunsmith could not have stumbled onto some runic secrets. Good thinking.
"Having met a few brits over here i wonder about them. The Military ones I met through my dad as a kid seem to be the most ruthless men on the planet..." -Steve Hobbs
taalismn
Priest

I have yet to see a Rune Bazooka, though...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Big Red
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by Big Red »

I created a rune shuriken for a game once, but eventually decided not to use it. It only did a single point of damage (S.D.C. or M.D.C. based on the target), but it had a substantial bonus to strike and was a soul drinker. There was a bit more to it than that, but those are the main points. It was my failsafe against an uber-powerful PC who tended to get out of line. I could be a real nasty GM when the notion struck me.
taalismn
Priest

Big Red wrote:I created a rune shuriken for a game once, but eventually decided not to use it. It only did a single point of damage (S.D.C. or M.D.C. based on the target), but it had a substantial bonus to strike and was a soul drinker. There was a bit more to it than that, but those are the main points. It was my failsafe against an uber-powerful PC who tended to get out of line. I could be a real nasty GM when the notion struck me.

"Oh com'on! It's just a lousy sheet metal throwing star! How much can it hurt!"
"That sucking noise is your soul being slurped down..."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Big Red
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by Big Red »

taalismn wrote:
Big Red wrote:I created a rune shuriken for a game once, but eventually decided not to use it. It only did a single point of damage (S.D.C. or M.D.C. based on the target), but it had a substantial bonus to strike and was a soul drinker. There was a bit more to it than that, but those are the main points. It was my failsafe against an uber-powerful PC who tended to get out of line. I could be a real nasty GM when the notion struck me.

"Oh com'on! It's just a lousy sheet metal throwing star! How much can it hurt!"
"That sucking noise is your soul being slurped down..."

Part of the way I'd gotten him to keep things a little more in line was to have seemingly innocuous items cause unexpected or disproportionate damage to him. He was a super-powered vagabond who could turn into a seemingly indestructible, 200+ foot tall metal giant. On one occasion, he swatted a Death's Head Transport out of the sky. I had to come up with all sorts of creative ways to keep him in the game without upsetting the overall balance (I'd killed off too many of the guy's other characters). Rune weapons were a big help, as were all the various ways I came up with to nullify his powers.
Aerv
D-Bee

Unread post by Aerv »

One of my characters is currently using a rune weapon I created with my GM

The character is a Warborn of miscreant alignment, which is a bit overpowered and evil for the campaign, but the rune sword he uses is of Principled alignment, contains a will of it's own and after centuries of working with the forces of good to fight evil, has decided to take a force of evil and force it to do good.

The sword refers to itself simply as Cass. IQ 19, Will of it's own, Teleport itself at will, fight on it's own, and can cast 6 spells 3 times daily.

Mostly the sword argues, coerces, tempts and berates the Warborn in to doing good deeds in order to continuing to use the power in the sword, which can be taken away quite easily.

It has actually made for some great interaction, not just between the sword and my character, but between me and the other characters wondering why the heck I'm screaming at a sword about wanting to burn down an orphanage and it's making me go on some stupid quest to save some princess who should have known well enough not to go out on her own. :P
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

A rune shuriken would be a very nasty and unexpected weapon! These are some very cool ideas.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE

Return to “Rifts®”