TSAW_Inspired_Light-hearted_InCharacter RP

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Is this working?

Yes
13%
No
20%
Rubber chicken lay rubber eggs don't they?
67%

Total votes: 30

taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Aries: "Skor, you got the macrobinocs...what's that over on the horizon there? See? That silver smudge? Doesn't look like any sort fo cloud I've seen in this atmosphere."
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

:::He takes a sip of coffee. And looks in the direction that the clones are presently looking.::: "I see a flash of light in that area you are looking." :::Noticing the spherian, he smiles and listens to her.::: "There is a wombat in the garden? Um......... guys. I think that this young spherian is telling us there is another problem. She mentioned something about a wombat in a garden." :::He takes another sip of coffee.::: "Mame, where did you see this wombat?"
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Leo: (Squinting)"Can't be a spacecraft....spaceport's over in THAT direction(points somewhere totally else)....Anybody know if they have blimps on this planet?"
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

OOC: ROFLMAO!! I'm still personally trying to figure out what you were talking about. :lol: :lol:

:::The colonel looks surprised at the spherian female gesture.::: "What did I do? Mame! I'm sorry if I didn't understand what you were saying. My spherian is extremely rusty! Please forgive me!" :::He takes another sip of coffee.:::
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

..The clones' language translators try to translate what the Spherian just said...only to generate a loud rude-sounding electric bleat before apparently dying...

Leo:(yanking his from his ear) "Cheap ^&*8%# Martian mass-market %R&%^%8 :x :evil: !!!"
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
AuroraKet
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by AuroraKet »

Seren glances at her radio in her cockpit, turning the Alpha's head in the direction of the AAT-30, nodding just a little bit and relaxing. "Right. The sooner they can relieve me, the sooner I can go back to helping cleanup..."

She happens to look around further, and watches the Spherian's outburst at the Colonel. "Er... what's she on about?"
Currently Playing:

Robotech: Rising Sun hosted by Chris
Robotech 2044: Tales of the Misfits Next Generation hosted by RyuDraconis
Robotech 2042: Getting the Goods hosted by silvermoon383

Will update when another is added. :)

Oh! And Support LibreOffice! Or OpenOffice. Don't be dominated by Microcrap greed!
Aramanthus
Monk

"I'm not really sure! I really go out of my way to avoid offending people I don't know. Hopefully when this crisis is over we can straighten this out!" :::He takes another sip of coffee.:::

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Leo: (pausing in his assault on the translator button to address the dirt-covered Dicksenian ragamuffin)"You've seen one what? A blimp? Or something like that over there?"
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

"There is a blimp around here?" :::He looks around and takes a sip of coffee.::: "Oh yeah I thought it looked more like a starship." :::He takes another sip of coffee.:::

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

:::Watching the female spherian gesture wildly. Puzzled look on his face. He takes a sip of coffee. Reaches into his jacket pocket and pulls a small translation dictionary out. He reads which language it translates. He slaps his forehead lightly.::: "Dang it. I don't have any way to translate spherian at this time. Do any of you have a translator? She really wants our attention!" :::He takes another sip of coffee.:::

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Skor: (looking away from where Leo is trying to make sense of what the little kid is telling him(OCC...I can't believe the forum editor CENSORED a phrase meaning 'referring to the works of Charles Dickens'! :-? ))"I can give it a try...Can't be any worse than relying on the translator buttons...
(turns to Spherian and begins talking in a tone similar to running a finger along a wet glass)...zuhzz-shan-zulshazz-wheeunTTiing?(" What's the matter and what can I tell the flesh-plushy over here for you?")
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Excuse me...
CHARLES DICKENS!
CHARLES DICKENS!
CHARLES DICKENS!
A CHRISTMAS CAROL!

Thought so...this thing is even worse than the early UN language translation program that rendered the phrase 'The Spirit is willing, but the Flesh was Weak' as 'The Booze was okay, but the Meat was bad"

Okay, experimental rant mode over...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

:::The colonel takes another sip of coffee, while waiting for someone to pull a translator out of a pocket for our use.:::

OOC::: Forgive the harsh sounding of the character. It's the caffine talking! :D

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Even with DeCaff...the small amount of caffiene is going to catch up...or maybe something else... :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

:::He takes another sip of coffee!::: "I know. I've been told that before too. But I need my coffee!" :::His eyes are wide-eyed and very energetic! He takes another sip of coffee.:::

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Dracurian wrote:::
::He hears Kor trying to speak Spherian & visibly shudders, but is impressed none the less::

8-)

Skor is suddenly startled to hear a harsh barking rendition of Spherian from beside him, turns and sees a large heavyset humanoid, dressed in armored leather, with lock tangled dark-gray hair and prominent forehead ridges, waving a wickedly-curved blade of some sort.

(Commander) Kor: (free translation) "Well, out with it, you rock! Or by Kahles' great-beard, I'll shout some more!"

Sorry...couldn't resist...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

:::Colonel Anderson looks on as the two spherians approaching. He takes a long sip of his coffee.:::

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

"Um...........I believe I said.......That poor sod over there forgot his lucky rabbit's foot at the cafe down there." :::He points to the guy who started the whole disaster. Then he takes a sip of coffee.::: "I was not trying to insult anyone! I was explaining why this all occured."

OOC: I had to look back and see what I said. I couldn't remember.

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Skor:(sotto voce)"It doesn't matter what you said, so don't bother checking yourself...you're still screwed..."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

"Along with you three, the zentraedi, and the rest of us from that little cafe." :::He smiles broadly and then takes a sip of coffee.:::

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Skor: "Yep. And in order to speak Spherian PROPERLY, you need a multi-frequency flashlight/laser pointer with colored filters....Or play an armonica(*Ben Franklin's musical instrument, consisting of a set of rotating moist glasses) and some strobelights...Otherwise you're just talking pidgin....When you hear of a Spherian 'seeing things through rose-tinted glasses', it's more of an insult than you'd think....you're implying they're crippled, blind, or stupid....Of course, they think we're all effectively tone-deaf anyways..."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

:::Looking at the book with total comphrension! He then takes a sip of coffee!::: "I understand. Could please beg forgiveness to the young spherian I unknowing insulted! I would never insult someone." :::Looking at the young spherian female.::: "Please forgive me."

HH....FIE
AuroraKet
Dungeon Crawler

Seren nods slightly to the beat up Gladiators. "Thanks, guys." She steps her battloid away from it then, looking back for the park incident, among other things, for what to clean up next.

She then glances back down to listen to the situation with the seemingly insulted Spherian woman. "Misunderstandings do happen, certainly. I can understand that..." She shrugs slightly, switching her Alpha back down into guardian mode after making sure it's not in the street or somewhere it will cause problem, leaning the nose to the ground and hopping out for the moment, to walk to the others. She pulls her helmet off and leaves it in the Alpha, for the moment.
Currently Playing:

Oh! And Support LibreOffice! Or OpenOffice. Don't be dominated by Microcrap greed!
Aramanthus
Monk

:::He takes a sip of coffee.::: "Well it looks like this emergency is over. Thank goodness!"

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Aramanthus wrote::::He takes a sip of coffee.::: "Well it looks like this emergency is over. Thank goodness!"

"Somewhere in this galaxy, at this very moment, somebody is pulling a fire alarm..."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

:::Looking innocently around the disaster as it finally comes to an apparent end. He then takes a sip of coffee and smiles.::: "This looks like the end of a great day!"

HH....FIE
AuroraKet
Dungeon Crawler

Seren looks over towards Ara, shaking her head very slightly and rolling her eyes. "If this is a 'great' day to you, remind me not to be around you long enough to see a bad one." She looks around the disaster area and sighs, though she tries to smile at any locals who look her way.
Currently Playing:

taalismn
Priest

Aramanthus wrote::::Looking innocently around the disaster as it finally comes to an apparent end. He then takes a sip of coffee and smiles.::: "This looks like the end of a great day!"

(Cue Ominous Music)
(Silhoutted figure: "Just you wait! Hahahahahahahahahahha!!!!!")
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

OOC:::: ROFLMAO!!! I can't wait until the next shoe drops! :D

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Start comparing shoe sizes then....

Who's got an appriopriately big boot(to top the chase we just went through?)?
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

:::Looking inside of boot. Then putting it back on. After this the colonel takes a sip of coffee.::: "I have a size of 13 feet."

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

(Size 130 Zentraedi boot comes plummeting and smacks into the ground besides the party..)

Aries: "Uh-oh...better take cover. It's my experience those things come in pairs."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

:::Moves very close to the building. He then takes another sip of coffee, while watching the other zentraedi boot to come down onto the street.:::

HH....FIE
AuroraKet
Dungeon Crawler

Seren's eyes widen distinctly as a full size Zentraedi boot lands next to them. She was /very/ close to where the boot was, so almost dodges out of the way. "Hm... that is not good..." She peers at the boot, to see if there are any identifying markings. Only to suddenly flinch away as she nears the opening. "Phew... Someone REALLY needs to use athlete's foot powder, or get odor eaters, or something..." She reels back from it, coughing softly and peering around at the party.
Last edited by AuroraKet on Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Currently Playing:

Aramanthus
Monk

:::Colonel Anderson reaches into his pocket and offers a container of vicks to seren.::: "Here try this under your nose. It should eliminate that troublesome odor." :::He takes a sip of coffee.:::

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

***WUUNNNCCCHHHH!!!!***

"Er...is it my imagination, or did a set of oversized football shoulder pads just slam down into the middle of the street?"
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

:::Looking over where the sound came from, a look of horrified disgust comes over his face as another piece of personnel protection hits the street.:::

***WWWUUUNNNCCHHH***

"It appears to be a giant cup." :::His eyes go to the pavement and he takes a long sip.::: "I'm afraid to look up!"

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Leo: "Better grab your respirator gear, then, because looks like somebody plays hard...REALLY hard...."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
AuroraKet
Dungeon Crawler

Seren nods a little at the Vicks, smiling to the Colonel. "Thank you..." She's just trying it, getting better when the next item falls.

She just... blinks as the cup falls, making a break for the Alpha as soon as it comes to rest. She's rather frantic as she pulls open the canopy. She grabs her helmet as quickly as possible, and hurries back to the group, strapping it on and making certain for the environment seal. "It's no longer playing when the equipment is being thrown into the city streets..."
Currently Playing:

taalismn
Priest

Skor: "Helmet, twelve o'clock high..."
Leo: "Keep an eye out for a jersey...if we get a number, maybe we can figure out who got sacked and where..."
Aries: "Well, it's obviously the Giants, but I didn't know they were playing on planet."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

:::A figure comes up the street and offers the zentraedi a large bottle of psicola. The figure takes the cola and drops it's jersey on the human sized form.::: "What the heck?" :::Colonel Anderson looks on in astonishment. He takes a sip of coffee and looks at the others.::: "What do you all think of that?"

HH....FIE
AuroraKet
Dungeon Crawler

Seren watches the little display, shaking her head slightly and rolling her eyes. She makes damned sure to dodge the helmet, though. She looks over to the Colonel after she hears the question. "Personally, I think if he has enough cola, I don't want to be here if he decides he has to go relieve it right away."
Currently Playing:

Aramanthus
Monk

"Well they are placing some new zentraedi sized out houses over there." :::Pointing at the semi with a crane to lift the large structures to the ground or back on to the semi. He then takes another sip of coffee.:::

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

*CRUNCH*

Leo: "Yeah...well, somebody's likely to turn that HELEMET into a snack-shack."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

"Well it is the appropriate size for that. I think maybe we shiould see if we could pool our resources and purchase it and set it up as a sports magazine stand. It'd work I'm sure it would." :::He then takes a sip of coffee.:::

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

:::Take another sip of coffee while waiting for the others to speak.::: :D

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

:::Arrives early at the little unnamed cafe. Enters and orders.::: "Coffee miss and could I have a piece of coffee cake too, please." :::Colonel Anderson is served quickly exactly what he ordered.:::

HH....FIE
AuroraKet
Dungeon Crawler

Seren heads for the cafe after getting her Alpha back to the base. She sighs and glances around as she parks her Cyclone outside it, and checks around for any other problems, before slipping in and looking for a seat.
Currently Playing:

taalismn
Priest

(The clones turn to inspecting their hoverjeep for any possible damage while keeping a wary eye out for possible trouble...)
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

:::Colonel Anderson pays his bill like he always does. He then walks over towards the stranger.::: "Hi Seren! How are you this morning?" :::Waves at the clones as they approach the cafe!:::

HH....FIE

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”