Energy Weapons & Penetration Value

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Natasha
Champion
Comment: Doomed to crumble unless we grow, and strengthen our communication.

Unread post by Natasha »

ak-73 wrote:Speaking of the issue, if I was considering to submit something to Palladium and I would have some questions about it, whom should I turn to? Any staffer that I could/should write a personal message to about that?

Alex
Try these:
Last edited by Natasha on Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GreenGhost
Adventurer

Unread post by GreenGhost »

Natasha wrote:You use RECON's hit location table, right?

Or whichever you use I'd have to see it because it a roll of 5 or better (and in Rifts that pretty much every roll) a guy in Huntsman armour is going to pretty much die anytime he get shot?

Yes- I use the RECON Hit Location. As for rolling a 5 or better; in the games I GM a strike roll of 1-4 is a miss regardless of any bonuses a character may have. I could be wrong, but I thought that's what the RUE stated as well. :)
Semper Fi
OOH-RAH!
0331/0321
GreenGhost
Adventurer

ak-73 wrote:
Natasha wrote:
ak-73 wrote:Speaking of the issue, if I was considering to submit something to Palladium and I would have some questions about it, whom should I turn to? Any staffer that I could/should write a personal message to about that?

Alex
Try these:

Thanks. I was actually more looking for a more informal chit-chat but I'll consider it. :)

Alex

PS Btw, the system I am using does have some similarities to the Recon Hit Locations system too. ;)

Cool :)
Semper Fi
OOH-RAH!
0331/0321
Natasha
Champion

Unread post by Natasha »

ak-73 wrote:
Natasha wrote:

Alex
Try these:

Thanks. I was actually more looking for a more informal chit-chat but I'll consider it. :)

Alex

PS Btw, the system I am using does have some similarities to the Recon Hit Locations system too. ;)

Formal contact can lead to informal chit-chat. ;)
GreenGhost
Adventurer

jackylcale wrote:So how does the system work GreenGhost?

Say with the Light body armour, which has an AR13, an a pv value of 5.
Does that mean that any roll below 13 only damages the armour, but any roll above 13 that does more than 5 mdc will penetrate the armour?

I was actually just showing the AR that was already printed in the Rifts Conversion Book One. The AR would be ignored during game time. The PV for Rifts would work the same as the PV from the Compendium of Modern Weapons Book.

Once I'm done, it's been Play Tested and writen out fully it'll be a lot more clear on how it all works :)
Last edited by GreenGhost on Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Semper Fi
OOH-RAH!
0331/0321
Natasha
Champion

Unread post by Natasha »

Real world.
It's getting out-dated, but still good stuff.
GreenGhost
Adventurer

jackylcale wrote:I don't have the compendium. Would you mind giving me a quick explanation, whenever you got a minute?

In regards to the compendium, does it have energy weapons etc., or is it conversions of real weapons only?

Its more realistic than the AR System found in HU. In HU the attacker must roll higher than the AR in order to hit the victim where they aren't protected or penetrate the armor (depending on who you ask). If the attack roll is less than the AR the character is okay- regardless of the caliber used against them.

The PV Rules state that certain types of armor will protect the wearer up to a certain caliber- like real life. I've always liked a little realism in the games that I GM- so I, personally, like using PV better than AR.
Semper Fi
OOH-RAH!
0331/0321
GreenGhost
Adventurer

Natasha wrote:Real world.
It's getting out-dated, but still good stuff.

IMO it was pretty outdated when it first came out, but still a great book if you ask me :)
Semper Fi
OOH-RAH!
0331/0321

Return to “Rifts®”