super soldiers in rifts

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

csbioborg
Champion
Comment: Lazlo and its supporters talk of Dbee rights. Can you even comprehend the plight of the untold billions of humans evicted from thier homes since their coming? What of their rights?

super soldiers in rifts

Unread post by csbioborg »

I do not own HU so I'm curious does the C.S. have the tech to create one
If not what's so advanced about them if they can't

How do they stack up against a juicer or crazie in a one on one fight melee
I remember days like this when my father took me to the forest and we ate wild blueberries. More than 20 years ago. I was just a boy of four or five. The leaves were so dark and green then. The grass smelled sweet with the spring wind...For us, there is no spring. Just the wind that smells fresh before the storm.
9voltkilowatt
Adventurer

Unread post by 9voltkilowatt »

The CS has the ability to make super soldiers beyond what most orginizations on Heroes earth could dream of ...

...but they won't because that would be turning a perfectly good human into something non-human.
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Re: super soldiers in rifts

Unread post by The Beast »

csbioborg wrote:I do not own HU so I'm curious does the C.S. have the tech to create one

They're called 'borgs, , crazies, & juicers. ;)
csbioborg
Champion
Comment: Lazlo and its supporters talk of Dbee rights. Can you even comprehend the plight of the untold billions of humans evicted from thier homes since their coming? What of their rights?

9voltkilowatt wrote:The CS has the ability to make super soldiers beyond what most orginizations on Heroes earth could dream of ...

...but they won't because that would be turning a perfectly good human into something non-human.

What are they? I'm assuming they are not just borgs juicers and crazies. They seem to not have any side affects in thier conversion process.
I remember days like this when my father took me to the forest and we ate wild blueberries. More than 20 years ago. I was just a boy of four or five. The leaves were so dark and green then. The grass smelled sweet with the spring wind...For us, there is no spring. Just the wind that smells fresh before the storm.
GreenGhost
Adventurer

Unread post by GreenGhost »

The CS does have a version of Super Soldiers in one of the Rifters. I think they're part of the Janissary Project (or something like that).
Semper Fi
OOH-RAH!
0331/0321
Rimmerdal
Knight
Comment: Official Member of the 'Transformers don't need Humans Club'

Unread post by Rimmerdal »

GreenGhost wrote:The CS does have a version of Super Soldiers in one of the Rifters. I think they're part of the Janissary Project (or something like that).

Yep, but I recall seeing a post to that effect.
taalismn wrote:
Rimmerdal wrote:mmm Rifts street meat..

Flooper. Fried, broiled, or chipped.
It's like eating Chinese.
FLOOP! And you're hungry again.
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

csbioborg wrote:
9voltkilowatt wrote:The CS has the ability to make super soldiers beyond what most orginizations on Heroes earth could dream of ...

What are they? I'm assuming they are not just borgs juicers and crazies. They seem to not have any side affects in thier conversion process.

You don't consider death & insanity to be side effects? :?

CS Doctrine is NOT to convert humans into these soldiers. They've been hesitant for years with converting humans into 'borgs and have only recently begun to make juicers. They still (IIRC) don't allow crazies on acount of the mental instabilities inheirant in the designs. They also don't allow the Robot Soldier OCC WB5 because it destroys humanity.

The Jannisary program is the only such program run in CS territory, only on the head of Lonestar's authority. IIRC, Prosek would disband the program if he found out (haven't read it since before I went to Iraq, so I may be wrong here).
Blight
Champion

Unread post by Blight »

I have created a group of CS super soldiers using the indo-skeleton replacement. I loved them, really fun to run. They were all CS special forces.
csbioborg
Champion

Which rifter may I find these super soldier in?

Definely worth a buy.

BTW I was talking about the supersolider not having side effects not juicers and crazies.

What's a robot soldier is that the NGR soul transfer into a robot deal?
Dustin Fireblade
Knight

Unread post by Dustin Fireblade »

Rifter #28

Get Powers Unlimited 2 for the super-soldier
9voltkilowatt
Adventurer

Unread post by 9voltkilowatt »

What it all comes down to is this:

The CS is driven by the will of a madman yes, but even he is not willing to sacrifice human lives if it can be helped.

Now that having been said, the CS has had Super Soilders for quite some time; Dog Boys - loyal, strong, natural combatants and above all a willingness to sacrifice themselves for the greater good of humanity.

I know its not exactly the answer you were looking for but they do fit the bill.
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

I'm sure that the head of LOnestar genetics center... Desmond Bradford might have his own super soldier plans on the drawing board. He'd just have to wait to get official permission from the CS high command. But he'd probably already have these experiments already running. And yes, I do use the Jannissarys for my game. Although other powers are working on their own versions.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
GreenGhost
Adventurer

Unread post by GreenGhost »

Dustin Fireblade wrote:Rifter #28

Get Powers Unlimited 2 for the super-soldier

Cool- thanks man. I have all the Rifters, but I can't remember all of what's in what :lol:

I've got the Powers Unlimited Books. They're pretty good IMO.
Semper Fi
OOH-RAH!
0331/0321
Dustin Fireblade
Knight

Unread post by Dustin Fireblade »

Zerebus wrote:, as well as limited M.O.M. augmentation.

Yep. One of the super-soldier enhancement options in PU2 seems to be a M.O.M - lite. Bionic implants in the head that increase physical abilities with the only side effects being head aches and increased metabolism. With Lone Star currently researching M.O.M technology to do away with all the side effects, that would seem to be a easy choice to add and justify for Rifts.
Rimmerdal
Knight
Comment: Official Member of the 'Transformers don't need Humans Club'

Unread post by Rimmerdal »

Dustin Fireblade wrote:
Zerebus wrote:, as well as limited M.O.M. augmentation.

Yep. One of the super-soldier enhancement options in PU2 seems to be a M.O.M - lite. Bionic implants in the head that increase physical abilities with the only side effects being head aches and increased metabolism. With Lone Star currently researching M.O.M technology to do away with all the side effects, that would seem to be a easy choice to add and justify for Rifts.

Yeah the 'Good' Doctor has a talent for making things work better. So him improving MOM would be easily justifiable. just don't let him get the Mindwerx Facility intact...
taalismn wrote:
Rimmerdal wrote:mmm Rifts street meat..

Flooper. Fried, broiled, or chipped.
It's like eating Chinese.
FLOOP! And you're hungry again.
rat_bastard
Kreelockian
Comment: Maybe if my sig line is clever enough someone will finally love me.

Unread post by rat_bastard »

Different Dimension different physics.

the pay through the nose for great power is a continuing theme in rifts, the swimming in toxic waste and becoming atlas is a HU theme.
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."

Return to “Rifts®”