Page Count: 300+

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

bigbobsr6000
Hero

Unread post by bigbobsr6000 »

All this 60ft alien talk reminds me of the movie Attack of the 50 Foot Woman. Here's the trailer for the 1958 and the 1993 versions.
Mephisto: You have some morbid fantasies. I like it (okay)
pblackcrow:"If anyone deserves this it's you! (thwak) LOL...All in fun."
Natasha: Bob you're deadly. I like it.
Misfit KotLD: You're Gamer Bi-Polar.
Sanford: Excellent concept, Big Bob!
sasha: I think Bob gets the JUST A GAME award....for life.
Jerell: You sir, are ruthless, and that is why I like you.
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

Hmmmmm Those links are great! I remember seeing those movies. :D
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

The Galactus Kid wrote:I don't have a problem with the other eras, I just have a love for the "OH CRAP THERE IS A RACE OF GIANT HUMANOID WARRIORS FROM SPACE COMING TO POUND OUR FACES" storyline.

Plus the females are rather charming...IF you can survive the mating rituals :D
Bind the body to the opened mind

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound
Aramanthus
Monk

Well of course they are charming! Thank goodness for that! :D
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

HH....FIE
Peacebringer
Adventurer

Unread post by Peacebringer »

All will remember the 300 the defended the pass.
Chuck Lang
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Chuck Lang »

The Galactus Kid wrote:I don't have a problem with the other eras, I just have a love for the "OH CRAP THERE IS A RACE OF GIANT HUMANOID WARRIORS FROM SPACE COMING TO POUND OUR FACES" storyline.

Agreed. The level of technology and the PCs' lack of familiarity with their opponent lends to some awesome sessions.
Aramanthus
Monk

I'm looking forward to seeing what sort of technology is being deployed against my beloved REF!

HH....FIE
Kagashi
Champion

Unread post by Kagashi »

Alright...fine...

I cant stand it any longer. Im breaking down. Ill buy the manga sized book, but im not re-buying the same material again in Deluxe.

But crap...I want the extra stuff in Deluxe... Okay, im back to my original feelings. Im holding out for deluxe again.

But darn it, I want to enjoy all the coolness with the rest of you...

Nope...fighting the temptation...wait...for...deluxe...
I want to see from Palladium:
Updated Aug 2015
-Rifts: Dark Woods/Deep South, Space 110 PA, Scandinavia
-Mechanoids: Space (MDC)
-Robotech: Errata for Marines timeline, Masters Deluxe with SC and UEEF gear, Spaceships
-Updated Errata for post-2006 printings of Rifts books
-Searchable, quality PDFs/E-pubs of current Rifts titles
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Kagashi wrote:Alright...fine...

I cant stand it any longer. Im breaking down. Ill buy the manga sized book, but im not re-buying the same material again in Deluxe.

But crap...I want the extra stuff in Deluxe... Okay, im back to my original feelings. Im holding out for deluxe again.

But darn it, I want to enjoy all the coolness with the rest of you...

Nope...fighting the temptation...wait...for...deluxe...

Gonna be waiting till August at least..if it's ever published at all.
Remember; the deluxe edition will only be published if the manga (and it's smaller than you think..just over normal "mass-market" novel size, NOT graphic novel size)does well in sales..otherwise we are stuck with manga size..period...dot..the end. :-x

Leaves of the lotus rise

Kagashi
Champion

Unread post by Kagashi »

yeah, i find that retarded to base creating deluxe off of sales the manga sized version. if you bought it already...why would you buy it again?
Updated Aug 2015
-Robotech: Errata for Marines timeline, Masters Deluxe with SC and UEEF gear, Spaceships
Chuck Lang
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Chuck Lang »

Kagashi wrote:yeah, i find that retarded to base creating deluxe off of sales the manga sized version. if you bought it already...why would you buy it again?

My assumption is as follows:

The sales of the manga-size confirm that there'll be a demand for the standard size and that those sales will be good. In addition sales of the manga-size will justify the work needed for page layout on the standard size.

For those of us that want to maintain a standard-sized library of Palladium books, but don't want to wait for the standard-sized release date we'll buy both sizes.

Retarded? Maybe from your point of view. But to others not as yourself? Justifiable and a meager price to pay.
bigbobsr6000
Hero

Hey, either way, it's anorher book or two to add to my Palladium collection. Bring it on in both forms, I will buy both, "Lord willin' and the creek don't rise." :D
Aramanthus
Monk

I'm planning on picking up both sizes when each come out. I want my Robotech now! I not really willing to wait until the Deluxe edtion comes out.

HH....FIE
Kagashi
Champion

Unread post by Kagashi »

mindwyr wrote:For those of us that want to maintain a standard-sized library of Palladium books, but don't want to wait for the standard-sized release date we'll buy both sizes.

That's my turmoil, but I just dont like to buy the same thing twice.

Of course, for only 17 bucks, its not exactly going to dent my wallet very much. Heck, I spent 17 bucks on pizza last night that I cant enjoy but once. A book, I can read over and over...

Darn it...now Im back to buying it again...
Updated Aug 2015
Rabid Southern Cross Fan
Champion

Unread post by Rabid Southern Cross Fan »

Alpha 11 wrote:How sure of you of those years?

Watch eps. #31 Khyron's Revenge. Gloval states that, based on Exedore's research, the original Robotech civilization (we know Zor created/molded it based on the Masters statements in Catastrophe) some 500,000 years ago. Even if Exedore had misplaced a decimal point, we know its been on the order of at least 40,000 years based on the statements of the Narrator in Booby Trap (he says the Zentraedi are a warrior race bred for thousands of generations, meaning at least 2000 and each generation is circa 20 yrs).

The timeline for when Zor originally lived and (probably) unleashed the Haydonites on the Invid is far, far longer than the novelizations or old RPG have it.
Kagashi
Champion

Unread post by Kagashi »

Josh Hilden wrote:You know the original weapons handbooks and 1st edition After the Bomb were the smaller size and I have never had a problem with them.

Actually I really like the smaller size.

Although the size is indeed a factor, its the statement that there is additional content in Deluxe that im fighting over. If its going to be exactly the same print, just in standard format, it will not really matter if deluxe comes out or not. Either way, im only buying one.

If you buy Deluxe, you get the stuff Manga covers, so why even buy Manga?...but they are basing the printing of Deluxe off of the sales of Manga...so if I dont support Manga, I might not even see Deluxe. Thats the true problem (although I do indeed want a regular sized book).

Id rather see the additional content in a source book I buy separately if I buy the Manga sized.
Updated Aug 2015
Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

Rabid Southern Cross Fan wrote:

Watch eps. #31 Khyron's Revenge. Gloval states that, based on Exedore's research, the original Robotech civilization (we know Zor created/molded it based on the Masters statements in Catastrophe) some 500,000 years ago. Even if Exedore had misplaced a decimal point, we know its been on the order of at least 40,000 years based on the statements of the Narrator in Booby Trap (he says the Zentraedi are a warrior race bred for thousands of generations, meaning at least 2000 and each generation is circa 20 yrs).

The timeline for when Zor originally lived and (probably) unleashed the Haydonites on the Invid is far, far longer than the novelizations or old RPG have it.

Just remember, the Robotech Masters lied to them big time, so any and all data they would have most likely would not be very accurrate to keep them under control better. Though you could be right or close to it. So we will have just wait to see if what HG has to say about it, if they have not already. Though I still like the time line they came out with in the novel version of the series, for one thing, it keeps everbody younger.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

Alpha 11 wrote:
Rabid Southern Cross Fan wrote:

Just remember, the Robotech Masters lied to them big time, so any and all data they would have most likely would not be very accurrate to keep them under control better. Though you could be right or close to it. So we will have just wait to see if what HG has to say about it, if they have not already. Though I still like the time line they came out with in the novel version of the series, for one thing, it keeps everbody younger.

also note that a generation for a zentreadi may not be the same as a human one. a generation is usualy defined as the time between a person is born and has kids of their own. for us, thats roughly 20 years.

for a zentreadi, which are cloned, a generation could well be 2-3 years. just enough time for a zent' to prove their worth as a warrior and earn the privilage of having their genetic info used to grow replacement warriors.

assuming a 3 year "generation, hypothetically, puts that line as 6000 years.
a 2 year generation puts it as 4000 years.
old, but not predating human existance.

(the 500,000 year thing was carried over from macross, where the zentreadi were the warriors of a species that seeded the galaxy with intellegent life, sorta like trek's ancient humanoids. the "protoculture" of macross was millions of years old.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Unread post by Colonel Wolfe »

glitterboy2098 wrote:
(the 500,000 year thing was carried over from macross, where the zentreadi were the warriors of a species that seeded the galaxy with intellegent life, sorta like trek's ancient humanoids. the "protoculture" of macross was millions of years old.

but thats the OSM, if you discoutn everything said and shwon in robotech, blamening it on OSM detaisl left in, then your basically destryoing any story Robotech may have created on its own.
Also, where in Robotech dose it explecitly state the Masters Lied to the Zentradie? Where is it shown the masters giving the Zents any data, or even any False Data? Where do you see the Master interacting with the Zentradie much at all.
if you combine the information Exodore has, with the statements Zor Prime says after regaining his Genetic memory, 500,000 years isnt a long shot for the timeline.
Give another Gamer a hand up with his education.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
Aramanthus
Monk

I'm looking forward to both editions. I'm hoping that the at least one of the editions will have at leaast an abbreviated time line.

HH....FIE
Alpha 11
Palladin

Aramanthus wrote:I'm looking forward to both editions. I'm hoping that the at least one of the editions will have at leaast an abbreviated time line.

That's what I am basicly saying, there does not appear to be a real offical timeline anywhere. And how do you control a fleet a nearly 6 million ships and billions of gaints? (Breeti had the Imperal fleet of 1 million and the Dolza came with over 4,800,00 ships) They would of have to of lied to them about some things to keep them in line and subverent to them. Because no matter how you look at it, the Zentradie could have caused seriouse damage to the Robotech Masters if they ever turned on them.
Aramanthus
Monk

I think that somehow the Masters were able to manipulate their creation. But what they did to do that is something that could be added to a timeline. Of course maybe the Zetraedi are genetically and pyschologically altered to be subordinate to the Masters commands.
Last edited by Aramanthus on Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HH....FIE
Alpha 11
Palladin

Aramanthus wrote:I think that somehow the Masters were able to minipulate their creation. But what they did to do that is something that could be added to a timeline. Of course maybe the Zetraedi are genetically and pyschologically altered to be subordinate to the Masters commands.

True, but even with that you can only go so far. They are still "human" in the end. In the end, I would not have been surprised if they went the Marduke way, ask to may questions, they get vaperised.
Kagashi
Champion

Unread post by Kagashi »

Aramanthus wrote:I think that somehow the Masters were able to minipulate their creation. But what they did to do that is something that could be added to a timeline. Of course maybe the Zetraedi are genetically and pyschologically altered to be subordinate to the Masters commands.

The Wildstorm comics eluded to that. When the Masters captured Dana she was powerless under their mind control once they figured out she was Zentraedi.
Updated Aug 2015
Aramanthus
Monk

It does make sense you know. Sorry about the misspelling in the previous post. :D

HH....FIE
bigbobsr6000
Hero

I want them both NOW!

WWWAAAAAHHHH!!.....WWWWAAAAHHHH!!...WWWAA...oh look, shiney :) :-) :-D :D
Alpha 11
Palladin

bigbobsr6000 wrote:I want them both NOW!

WWWAAAAAHHHH!!.....WWWWAAAAHHHH!!...WWWAA...oh look, shiney :) :-) :-D :D

:roll:
Alpha 11
Palladin

Kagashi wrote:

The Wildstorm comics eluded to that. When the Masters captured Dana she was powerless under their mind control once they figured out she was Zentraedi.

Ok, when did they mind control Dana?
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Nine Hands wrote:
DhAkael wrote:That's the problem... they went ahead DESPITE people tacitly and firmly saying "I'll buy the book only at normal size" and did the manga format..and then to rub salt in the wound "IF the book does well we may do a special one-time only limmited edition printing in normal format size".
Basicly; blackmail. Buy the book at the format given and you can buy it again. :P

-sigh-

Again, I will state that I have this book "on-hold order" once it shows up at the ONLY hoby-store that carries PBooks it seems in Toronto. At that point II will determine if it is worth picking up. Chances are I prolly will. :( .
I really really really hate this marketing tactic, but hey...need my fix man, I'm in serious withdrawl here for mecha (ever since R.Talsorian went belly-up and basicly canned Mekton).
And don't wave BESM at me.. hated that bloody game, and at $26 for basicly a micro soft-cover book on 'Zen RP' -ugh-.
Sorry, I LIKE my number crunching and dice-rolling.

Umm...R Talsorian is still around but pretty silent. I have seen with my own eyes Mekton Zero (which is going to be the new version) on Mike's computer last year at I-Con.

There still is hope my friend...
Pardon pun here..."Hope so" :D

Leaves of the lotus rise

Aramanthus
Monk

Everyone has make up their own minds over what they'll buy and what they won't. I'd prefer normal sized books from PB. But I'm buying both sizes simply because I know PB needs the money and the moral support from us fans. And it's been over 10 years since the last new Robotech product, I need my Robotech fix!

HH....FIE
bigbobsr6000
Hero

^^What he Said^^ :D :ok:
Aramanthus
Monk

:::Crawls across the room towards the computer slowly. Scrabbles up and reaches towards the keyboard.::: "I need my Robotech fix! Please! Pppppllllleeeaaaassssseeeeee!!!!"

HH....FIE
Tiree
Champion
Comment: Token Right Wing Fascist Totalitarian
"Never hit a man while he's down. Kick them, it's easier" - The Hunt

Unread post by Tiree »

miniroll171 wrote:"The book will be more portable in the Manga Size"

I really don't understand this! Since when has how portable a RPG book is been a factor??! :?

When I was in Junior High (yes many many many years ago) Robotech was relatively new. I remember carrying the books in my back pack, only wishing that it was a bit more portable for a variety of reasons:

1. It would fit better in my overly crowded and cramped backpack (yes that didn't have wheels on the bottom)
2. I could sort of hide it from my class mates - in the fact that RPG's were evil and of the devil's work (yes I started playing in that era...)
3. As long as it didn't have the Rick Hunter wedding photo on the back, I wouldn't feel odd and guilty about carrying a book.

Now that I am older and hopefully wiser...

1. It can fit in my jacket pocket
2. I don't have to worry about hiding it when I travel on the mass transit rapid rail system that is local to my area (that is horrible, loud, and too expensive!)
bigbobsr6000
Hero

You can now hide it behind your open text book in class now. :D
Aramanthus
Monk

I agree it would improve it's mobility. To be able to take it multiple places where you go while carrying it in the pocket.

HH....FIE

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”