New Murmer from Kevin about RTSC RPG

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

AlexM
Palladium Books® Staff

New Murmer from Kevin about RTSC RPG

Unread post by AlexM »

Some answers to questions posted here:

viewtopic.php?p=1705453#1705453

Alex Marciniszyn
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

That was great! Thank you for the link Alex! :D
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

Quester wrote:I always thought that robotechresearch.com was a fandom site not an official one. So I'm wondering why it was refrenced as source material.

Any one have any explanations?

maybe for the Robotech Invasion and Robotech Battlecry stuff it has? those are walk throughs and story line details, without RPG stats.

plus, it's possible they looked at a bunch of fandom sites to see what the fans were looking for, and tried to cater to some of those wants?
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Aramanthus
Monk

That does make sense GB. I happen to agree with that observation.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

HH....FIE
Snuffy
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Snuffy »

I think the owner of Robotech Research website was involved with the Art Book for the Shadow Chronicles. He's credited in the book. Saying that, he may have also had input for HG concerning the new RPG.
Aramanthus
Monk

Which will be very interesting to see as soon as it is in our hands! :D

HH....FIE
Drakenred®™©
Champion

Unread post by Drakenred®™© »

Snuffy wrote:I think the owner of Robotech Research website was involved with the Art Book for the Shadow Chronicles. He's credited in the book. Saying that, he may have also had input for HG concerning the new RPG.

Hes probably also the only person who has memorised each and every frame of the TV series and movies to the point where I can take a random set of stills and he can tell you exactly where in the shows thoes sceens happend.

Note im only slightly exagerating here.
冠双
Kagashi
Champion

Unread post by Kagashi »

If Robotech Research is involved...I have a VERY good feeling this will be a quality product.

Ive been using that source material for years because its very close to the show. I guess KS figured if it aint broke, no reason to fix it.
I want to see from Palladium:
Updated Aug 2015
-Rifts: Dark Woods/Deep South, Space 110 PA, Scandinavia
-Mechanoids: Space (MDC)
-Robotech: Errata for Marines timeline, Masters Deluxe with SC and UEEF gear, Spaceships
-Updated Errata for post-2006 printings of Rifts books
-Searchable, quality PDFs/E-pubs of current Rifts titles
Aramanthus
Monk

I've been using there material for a number of years too! I know it's quality!

HH....FIE
devillin
Adventurer

Unread post by devillin »

Snuffy wrote:I think the owner of Robotech Research website was involved with the Art Book for the Shadow Chronicles. He's credited in the book. Saying that, he may have also had input for HG concerning the new RPG.

Yup. The owners of the RRG have been working with HG for years on both Robotech.com and later on the background for the Shadow Chronicles. They are pretty much undisputed when it comes to knowledge of what is happening in what is actually shown in the series.

In my opinion, going to the RRG for Robotech mecha stats is like going to Mark Simmons for Gundam info or Egan Loo for info on all things Macross.
Moderator 3 of 6, Rec.Games.Mecha Newsgroup for Robot Games Discussion.
10th Lyran Guards, The Revenants.
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Unread post by Colonel Wolfe »

RobotechResearch.com and the RRG are 2 very diffrent sites... Robotech Research is "Illegal" Palladium Stats for Robotech mecha.
the RRG is the Robotech Research Guide, by Pete walker.... hes the guys whos been working with tommy on Robotech stuff for years.
Give another Gamer a hand up with his education.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

robotechresearch.com is run by this guy

i think Palladium is perfectly in their right to consult with him.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

Palladium is perfectly in their rights to consult with anyone who HG says they can consult with - and depending on the terms of their contract, they may not be able to consult with anyone else.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
devillin
Adventurer

You know, I didn't notice that he said that. I just assumed that he meant the RRG. Hey, can someone ask Kevin which one he meant, RRG or robotechresearch.com?
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

but at the same time, I feel it is funny that were refrenceing a Site that actually Linking to would get you a warning/modhammer. since its a obvious breach of Palladiums no-Conversion poloicy.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
Pax Concord
D-Bee

Unread post by Pax Concord »

devillin wrote:You know, I didn't notice that he said that. I just assumed that he meant the RRG. Hey, can someone ask Kevin which one he meant, RRG or robotechresearch.com?

It seems reasonable to me to assume that he meant what he said (robotechresearch.com).

So, that site is really off-limits to link to, even though Palladium has a license for Robotech?
-Pax
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

Any site which has Palladium rule conversions of anyone elses's intellectual property, even if Palladium has a liscence, is off limits.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

Irony!!! :lol:
Protoculture

Unread post by Protoculture »

Dr. Kenneth Olson IS the MAN. He keep the RT RPG community online abuzz with his well-thought out RT RPG references.

What's more important, he introduced various Macross-derived mechas from that universe to enrich the RT-verse & online RPG gaming, & various unseen pre-production mechas from SDC:SC & GC Mospeada.

He contributed a lot, a Robotech Guru & Robotech Master in his own right. He, to my defintion, ranks 2nd only to Dave Dietrich, the webmaster of 3rd Invid War RPG campaign & extensive Macross Mecha Design webpage.

For any online RT RPG fans worth his/her salt should visit RT Research to pay this guy his dues!
Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

Protoculture wrote:Dr. Kenneth Olson IS the MAN. He keep the RT RPG community online abuzz with his well-thought out RT RPG references.

What's more important, he introduced various Macross-derived mechas from that universe to enrich the RT-verse & online RPG gaming, & various unseen pre-production mechas from SDC:SC & GC Mospeada.

He contributed a lot, a Robotech Guru & Robotech Master in his own right. He, to my defintion, ranks 2nd only to Dave Dietrich, the webmaster of 3rd Invid War RPG campaign & extensive Macross Mecha Design webpage.

For any online RT RPG fans worth his/her salt should visit RT Research to pay this guy his dues!

How is he doing? He has not updated his site in a while. And I LOVE that site. And speeking of Dave, I have always wandered if he had put all the stuff that he had done up for the TIW on the site before the stopped, and for that matter any info he had planed for the sequeal he had planed, Robotech Guardians.
devillin
Adventurer

Alpha 11 wrote:How is he doing? He has not updated his site in a while. And I LOVE that site. And speeking of Dave, I have always wandered if he had put all the stuff that he had done up for the TIW on the site before the stopped, and for that matter any info he had planed for the sequeal he had planed, Robotech Guardians.

The last time I talked to Dave, he was pretty much done with TIW. Everything that was going up, was already up. Any plans for a sequel also went by the wayside.
Rabid Southern Cross Fan
Champion

Unread post by Rabid Southern Cross Fan »

Protoculture wrote:What's more important, he introduced various Macross-derived mechas from that universe to enrich the RT-verse & online RPG gaming, & various unseen pre-production mechas from SDC:SC & GC Mospeada.

I could be mistaken, but Olsonk's Southern Cross and Mospeada information basically came from the Unofficial Robotech Reference Guide.
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

my only Question, is why hasnt he been issued a C&D for his use of Palladium stats on the internet to convert other people's IP to palladium stats?
Drakenred®™©
Champion

because hes bascialy working with HG and has been for some time.

in a way its kind of like saying "Why can Damon Lindelof put his version of CODA Stats for Startrec and get away with it?" only I think Kenneth Olson is a bit more involved with HG than Mr Lindelof is with Paramount studioes.
冠双
Drakenred®™©
Champion

and yes I just dissed mr Lindelof.
冠双
Aramanthus
Monk

Who is Mr Lindelof? I've never heard the name at all. :shock: :?

HH....FIE
Protoculture

Unread post by Protoculture »

I could be mistaken, but Olsonk's Southern Cross and Mospeada information basically came from the Unofficial Robotech Reference Guide.

Well, some of 'em did come from uRRG. Hey, nearly all RT sites (fansite or official RT.com) refers uRRG one way or another.

But Kenneth's site add more mechas to the mix, derived from diverse Mac-verse. Pre-production arts also tend to be included in the mix to the enjoyment of RT online gaming.

His site is de-facto RT RPG reference site in early 2000s, apart from the Mike Perry RT RPG site (a copy of Palladium) & Dave's TIW & MMD.

That said, the extensive image galleries of RT episodes, & the RT Battlecry & RT Invasion walkthroughs are the most complete I've seen on the Net, to date.

His did contribute a lot to RT-verse in general.
Rabid Southern Cross Fan
Champion

Unread post by Rabid Southern Cross Fan »

Protoculture wrote:That said, the extensive image galleries of RT episodes, & the RT Battlecry & RT Invasion walkthroughs are the most complete I've seen on the Net, to date.

His did contribute a lot to RT-verse in general.

That I is true. His image gallery has been a lifesaver in many cases. Speaking of which, I really do need to send him a DVD with all those fresh, crisp, restored Robotech images I have. :D
Nimul
Wanderer

Unread post by Nimul »

I can't wait for him to update his Robotech Research site as I always check it for the cool stuff he has put up. Wish he would include perhaps ships and stuff into the site as well like those introduced in the comics and stuff but thats something else to consider.
TELL KEV WE WANT NEW ROBOTECH BOOKS!

"Soon they will come to fear the name Khyron the Destroyer" - Khyron
"Everything is going as planned Masters" - Bioroid Terminator
"A terrible error has been made. We shall not be beaten!" - Regess
"Everything is going as the Awareness has forseen." - Haydonite
Aramanthus
Monk

It'll be cool when the site is updated! :D

HH....FIE
Treefrog
Wanderer

Unread post by Treefrog »

Quester wrote:I always thought that robotechresearch.com was a fandom site not an official one. So I'm wondering why it was refrenced as source material.

Any one have any explanations?

I find it interesting that Mr. S chose that site in particular, considering an old highschool buddy runs that site!

Hopefully, he'll update his site soon.
Aramanthus
Monk

They is the way of the world. Being a high schiil buddy of someone is certainly the way to get cool information straight from the source. And being ablwe to get updated material as it comes out and is revealed.

HH....FIE

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”