So any ideas on Macross 2 Mecha???

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

But it's very cool! :D
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Suggest you throw small alien fleets at the thing...proper power balance, appropriately high stakes, and more of a challenge..
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

It is a very cool mecha! Really it is! :D
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

HH....FIE
NMI
OLD ONE

Re: RE new mecha

Unread post by NMI »

KOG_nightbane wrote:Look in this thread viewtopic.php?t=80161

You will find my VTF-2SS-U for macross 2 i just warn you...IT's VERY POWERFUL
that is an understatement :D
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Aramanthus
Monk

It'd be interesting to see if anyone has developed any! :D

HH....FIE
AuroraKet
Dungeon Crawler

Re: OK now this is the full and CompLete version

Unread post by AuroraKet »

KOG_nightbane wrote:► Micro-missiles: 1,000
► Mini-Missiles: 620
► Short Range Missiles: 724
► Medium Range Missiles: 320
► Long Range Missiles: 6 or 12
► RMS-2 Tactical Nuke Missiles: 10

Now due to input I'm going to be cutting back on the Missile payload.

I'd hope so :)

Current total lists that as 2,686 missiles, from those figures :p
Currently Playing:

Robotech: Rising Sun hosted by Chris
Robotech 2044: Tales of the Misfits Next Generation hosted by RyuDraconis
Robotech 2042: Getting the Goods hosted by silvermoon383

Will update when another is added. :)

Oh! And Support LibreOffice! Or OpenOffice. Don't be dominated by Microcrap greed!
taalismn
Priest

Suggested: New ammunition loads for the MAC's cannons...scattershot, sensor-jamming 'window' shells, plasma-incendiary(that burns for prolonged periods of time), rocket-propelled shells, etc....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
devillin
Adventurer

Unread post by devillin »

taalismn wrote:Suggested: New ammunition loads for the MAC's cannons...scattershot, sensor-jamming 'window' shells, plasma-incendiary(that burns for prolonged periods of time), rocket-propelled shells, etc....

Speaking of the Big MAC, have you seen the Koenig Monster? MAC II goodness, wrapped up in a variable frame. Now that is pure genius, and pure evil. :twisted:
Moderator 3 of 6, Rec.Games.Mecha Newsgroup for Robot Games Discussion.
10th Lyran Guards, The Revenants.
taalismn
Priest

devillin wrote:
taalismn wrote:Suggested: New ammunition loads for the MAC's cannons...scattershot, sensor-jamming 'window' shells, plasma-incendiary(that burns for prolonged periods of time), rocket-propelled shells, etc....

Speaking of the Big MAC, have you seen the Koenig Monster? MAC II goodness, wrapped up in a variable frame. Now that is pure genius, and pure evil. :twisted:

Yes..>I am SOOO torched that Palladium didn't get a Macross license just so those things could become official Robotech material....I know some giant brick drivers who wanted to become giant FLYING brick pilots...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Drakenred®™©
Champion

Unread post by Drakenred®™© »

a B-52 has an official payload of 70,000 pounds

3 of thoes fighters carry 60,000 pounds

and, Ironicaly, I dont consider that to be munchkin.

Mule was a bad influenc on me. :nh:
冠双
Aramanthus
Monk

Just out of curiousity where is that Koenig Monster? I'm just curious if someone could post a link to one.

HH....FIE
devillin
Adventurer

Unread post by devillin »

Aramanthus wrote:Just out of curiousity where is that Koenig Monster? I'm just curious if someone could post a link to one.

Koenig Monster in all its glory: http://www.mahq.net/MECHA/macross/vf-x2/vb-6.htm
Moderator 3 of 6, Rec.Games.Mecha Newsgroup for Robot Games Discussion.
10th Lyran Guards, The Revenants.
Drakenred®™©
Champion

personaly I converted the MACII to a "Special efect"

the LRMS I replaced with cruise missle
the shells I converted to doing
4D6X100(AP) with a 4D6X10 "Modernised booster" HE charge. In real life most Battlehips AP rounds (more accuratly CAP rounds) had an explosive "booster" built into them

HC (high capacity) 2D6X100 to the point of impact, 10D6X10 (or 1D6 X 100) explosive

LRBA-X rounds
ERGM-x rounds
and Katie II and III shells

http://www.navweaps.com/Weapons/Gun_Data_p2.htm
冠双
Aramanthus
Monk

Thank you for both of the links. Thanks Devillin for the information for the interesting variation of the MAC II. Cool new ammo modifications for the MAC II Drakenred!

HH....FIE
Drakenred®™©
Champion

Aramanthus wrote:Thank you for both of the links. Thanks Devillin for the information for the interesting variation of the MAC II. Cool new ammo modifications for the MAC II Drakenred!
that was from way back actualy. I had a harder time trying to track down a link that would explain it all in one page, especialy since most people just ignore the 8 inch/203mm rifles on the WWII cruiser and the (abandoned) Mark 71, which was where I got the idea for the X rounds
冠双
Aramanthus
Monk

That is cool! Pretty nifty artillery shells. Where is my MK 71 from? I'm not familiar with that one. I thought the original MAC Monster had 406mm barrels as it's primary weapons. My Robotech is buried amongest the other books in my collection.

HH....FIE
Drakenred®™©
Champion

Aramanthus wrote:That is cool! Pretty nifty artillery shells. Where is my MK 71 from? I'm not familiar with that one. I thought the original MAC Monster had 406mm barrels as it's primary weapons. My Robotech is buried amongest the other books in my collection.
oh sorry my bad, the mark 71 was a 8 inch version of the current 5 inch USN shipboard guns. the navy did some preliminary developement on ordinance for that unit including what would have been bascialy "streched" 5 inch or 155mm shells that were saboted to fit in the barel, (giving the gun a lot more range and still some decent power at the receving end) before the entire concept was shelved in the 70s.
冠双
Drakenred®™©
Champion

to clarify a bit more, the navy was developing a "longer" version of the 127mm(US navy) and 155mm (US army) shell that would have been "saboted" to fit the barrel of the 8 inch gun they were developing in the 70s as a "replacment" for the Existing 5 inch gun, thoes shells would have given them a lot longer reach with efectivly a larger payload than the existing 127mm(US Navy 5 inch) or the 155mm howitser(US Army artilery, its bascialy a 6.1inch round) but with the muzzle energy of an 8 inch gun designed to fire Armor peirceing anti ship rounds, or the gun would have fired conventional 8 inch or a (rumored) 8 inch nuclear round.

Or to put it another way, thoes shells would have combined a penitrating power EXCEEDING the still in development 140mm XM91 with the explosive payload of 2-3 155mm howiter shells, and at an efective range exceeding that of the USN 16 inch rifles.

you do not want to be a hostile tank driver in line of sight of a ship fitted with that gun when the captain decides to go tank hunting!
冠双
Aramanthus
Monk

That I'm somewhat familiar with that USN 8in weapon. They were going to arm the arsenal ship with that new 8in cannon. But since the arsenal ship was cancelled, guess somebodies got to find a use those guns.

HH....FIE

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”