Invid Human Male vs Female

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Unread post by Colonel Wolfe »

y the End, Corg was out of his mind. and ability he had to be "funky" prolly left when his common sense did.
Give another Gamer a hand up with his education.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

Sera did not teleport in by use of some natural ability, but rather a piece of Invid technology. If you'll note previously in the episode that Sera teleports in, Bernard's group also "teleports" in to the same chamber.

What ever special abilities Ariel/Marlene has it's not known to be duplicated in the regular Invid Humanoids. Those abilities might not be natural for her evolutionary stage, but off-screen something to "power up" happened. (akin to Spiderman recieving his powers).
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Gotta agree...it's literally in-house technology at work...
But Invid males may indeed be more aggressive, if you use the Regent model in mind.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Ice Dragon
Hero

Unread post by Ice Dragon »

Sera used some Invid technology, at that I agree.

Ariel/Marleen has some special powers which are not documented in the RPG. IMHO, she is one of a kind. Maybe it will be revealed in Shadow Cronical RPG.
It is always a bad thing when political matters are allowed to affect the planning of operations (Field Marshal Erwin Rommel, 1943)

Nelly ~ He's one romantic smooth operator and a true old school gentleman. Heck he's an Austrian officer, it's in his blood.

Co-Holder with Jefffar of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

10 + 100 Geek Points (Danger + Shawn Merrow)
Tiree
Champion
Comment: Token Right Wing Fascist Totalitarian
"Never hit a man while he's down. Kick them, it's easier" - The Hunt

Unread post by Tiree »

I picture Ariel/Marlene as the next Queen to the Invid Hives. Basically she will be the next Regis as she evolves and grows. That is why she has more abilities shown in the Shadow Chronicles.
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Maybe not THE Invid Hives, but AN Invid Hive....the ones left behind trying to co-exist with the Terrans/Humans...If she succeeds in making good on the case for Invid/Human co-existance, and the Haydonites don't kill them all, that's one new branch of the Invid who will make it...
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
AuroraKet
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by AuroraKet »

Most of the replies here are basically personal opinions though, as well. Unless something more 'official' was said in the Shadow Chronicles RPG.

I'd say it depends on what you and your players want, and what your game requires.

I'd personally mix and match from the old and new RPGs, myself, in relation to a lot of issues. The Haydonite war is all out in space, no one even knows what's going on Earthside.

They could be trying to establish a new UEG, depending on how you declare your house rules, if its ruled there are a lot more defectors, that could become its own issue, there could be other governments forming. If two governments started clashing about such things, it could easily lead to good adventures Earthside.
Currently Playing:

Robotech: Rising Sun hosted by Chris
Robotech 2044: Tales of the Misfits Next Generation hosted by RyuDraconis
Robotech 2042: Getting the Goods hosted by silvermoon383

Will update when another is added. :)

Oh! And Support LibreOffice! Or OpenOffice. Don't be dominated by Microcrap greed!
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

I'm waiting to read what they have in the latest Robotech. There is bound to be more information in the new book.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
Drakenred®™©
Champion

Unread post by Drakenred®™© »

Aramanthus wrote:I'm waiting to read what they have in the latest Robotech. There is bound to be more information in the new book.
its kind of vauge as to what she can do, although aparently she can, er, fly. . .

currently though she has a few limmits.
冠双
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Drakenred®™© wrote:
Aramanthus wrote:I'm waiting to read what they have in the latest Robotech. There is bound to be more information in the new book.
its kind of vauge as to what she can do, although aparently she can, er, fly. . .

Fly, Teleport and teleport.. sense proto... sense invid.
he Long range instant teleport is 400K miles... and is instant... with no rest afterwards...
her "Short" range tele is 30K miles... but she has to rest after doing it.... (wth?)
she can communicate psychiclly... and Pilot invid mecha as a Natrual...
I would say most human form invid would gain abilitys simmilar to these over time. Ariel is the Oldest of the Human forms... her Abilities are begining to Manifest. Corg and Sera had powers simmilar to her basic (non teleport) powers.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
Aramanthus
Monk

Hmmm.... Sounds very interesting! I can't wait to see it! :D
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

HH....FIE
Drakenred®™©
Champion

Colonel Wolfe wrote:
Drakenred®™© wrote:

Fly, Teleport and teleport.. sense proto... sense invid.
he Long range instant teleport is 400K miles... and is instant... with no rest afterwards...
her "Short" range tele is 30K miles... but she has to rest after doing it.... (wth?)
she can communicate psychiclly... and Pilot invid mecha as a Natrual...
I would say most human form invid would gain abilitys simmilar to these over time. Ariel is the Oldest of the Human forms... her Abilities are begining to Manifest. Corg and Sera had powers simmilar to her basic (non teleport) powers.

she also can carry more mass on the short range hops, so that may be the problem.

Her telepathy is limmited to her Invid

she also aparently has the ability to levitate while Farting lighti-er-plasma, but that may just be Apollo being Apollo. . . (Just kidding!)
冠双
Aramanthus
Monk

More interesting material! Thank you for the insight!

HH....FIE
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

Drakenred®™© wrote:
she also can carry more mass on the short range hops, so that may be the problem.

she also aparently has the ability to levitate while Farting lighti-er-plasma, but that may just be Apollo being Apollo. . . (Just kidding!)

I can see that being the problem. more mass = more strain.
but as her power progresses, she'll get like her mom, and be able to tele-talk to everyone.
yeah, her "Plasma-Flight" form was he power from the Origonal show, and she has the ability to Appear as Dead human femals for brief instants...
Drakenred®™©
Champion

Colonel Wolfe wrote:
Drakenred®™© wrote:

I can see that being the problem. more mass = more strain.
but as her power progresses, she'll get like her mom, and be able to tele-talk to everyone.
yeah, her "Plasma-Flight" form was he power from the Origonal show, and she has the ability to Appear as Dead human femals for brief instants...
but only to her "boyfreind"
冠双
AuroraKet
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by AuroraKet »

If they're bothering to be thorough about that, do they mention anything about being able to change her clothing basically 'at will', to fit into wherever she's going? Obviously on a blind teleport to ALuCE she wasn't gonna know where she could find a uniform in her size, after all. :p

Not to mention, when she was showing Scott the vision of the original Invid homeworld, her clothing changed both in the vision and after. She was still in the 'northern exposure' bodysuit when she came out, not the UEEF uniform like she went in with.
Currently Playing:

Robotech: Rising Sun hosted by Chris
Robotech 2044: Tales of the Misfits Next Generation hosted by RyuDraconis
Robotech 2042: Getting the Goods hosted by silvermoon383

Will update when another is added. :)

Oh! And Support LibreOffice! Or OpenOffice. Don't be dominated by Microcrap greed!
Apollo Okamura
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist

Unread post by Apollo Okamura »

Drakenred®™© wrote:she also can carry more mass on the short range hops, so that may be the problem.

Whatever it is, I didn't do it! :P
Drakenred®™©
Champion

Apollo Okamura wrote:
Drakenred®™© wrote:she also can carry more mass on the short range hops, so that may be the problem.

the art of her being (Ahem) rocket powered on page 312. . . :lol:
冠双
Frank Castle
D-Bee

Unread post by Frank Castle »

Drakenred®™© wrote:
Apollo Okamura wrote:

That has your signiture at the bottom.
"See a few familiar faces. Break a few familiar necks. "
Drakenred®™©
Champion

Frank Castle wrote:
Drakenred®™© wrote:
Apollo Okamura wrote:

That has your signiture at the bottom.
no thats Apollos sig not mine :-P
冠双
Frank Castle
D-Bee

Unread post by Frank Castle »

I was talkig to Apollo. lol.
Last edited by Frank Castle on Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"See a few familiar faces. Break a few familiar necks. "
Apollo Okamura

Oh that, hehe... Well that's the way she flew in the movie - glowing fartiness and all. At least I gave her clothes (she's white naked with glowy plasma(?) when she flies)... Glowing white character on white paper wouldn't work so well. :lol:

And no fair, you got the book before me. LOL
Last edited by Apollo Okamura on Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Drakenred®™©
Champion

Apollo Okamura wrote:Oh that, hehe... Well that's the way she flew in the movie - glowing fartiness and all. At least I gave her clothes (she's white naked with glowy plasma(?) when she flies)... Glowing white character on white paper would work so well. :lol:

And no fair, you got the book before me. LOL
Oh that I know, its still funny, especialy the way it turned out in the book.
冠双
Aramanthus
Monk

Well she is a daughter of the Invid Regis. Maybe her powers need to be more fully fleshed out. That way she'll match up more with the anime.

HH....FIE
Apollo Okamura

No more beans for Ariel...
Drakenred®™©
Champion

Apollo Okamura wrote:No more beans for Ariel...
I take it you saw the picture? LOL
冠双
Aramanthus
Monk

So I take she is a bean free diet for awhile. Can't we send her to Jenny Craig? :D

HH....FIE
Drakenred®™©
Champion

a protoculture free diet would probably be better, as it is shes 8ft high and farting thunderbolts ;)
冠双
Aramanthus
Monk

Ah! Sort of like Braveheart! :D I'm going and getting my combination gas mask and static electric discharging coat. :D

HH....FIE

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”