New Murmer.

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

New Murmer.

Unread post by Colonel Wolfe »

Kevin says that Robotech is a Blazing Sucess, and I'm glad.
but he mentioned complains about the Size and content.
The Size isnt a huge Issue to me, the people who have hated the Magna format since day one have stuck to their convictions. after seeign it, I dont mind it, i like big books, but its easier to read in the car or on the bus.
The Content problems come from Robotech Fans who have been Fanatical for years. RSCF has been a fan since 1985, Ive been a Fan since 1990 (when i got the RPG). after being fans for that long, and lookng at it from a personal perspective its hard to agree when the Book dosent meet the vision you had in your minds eye.

but to Kevin:
Thank you for doing what you do, and good luck on the move. it is a meloncoly feeling after calling somehwere "home" for years, and then seeing it bare and empty.
Give another Gamer a hand up with his education.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
Rabid Southern Cross Fan
Champion

Unread post by Rabid Southern Cross Fan »

Indeed. There are a number of items that are simply wrong and not all of them are Harmony Gold's fault (the Hound/faux-Wolverine come to mind). The fact the EP-37 does not only the same static damage as the EU-13, but does more on average, makes NO SENSE.

Sadly, there are going to be numbering scheme problems due to some ill-thought directives from Harmony Gold. One is the fact that there are 6 distinct gun pods for mecha of the Southern Cross that are easily identified in the Tv series: Spartas, Logan, Monocle, Garm, Salamander and Triton. Each of them carries a different weapon than the others. The numbering scheme is going to be a tad screwed up to say the least. Another is where exactly will the Sylphide Veritech fit on the numbering scheme as the VA-5 is the Condor, but the VF-X-7 is the Beta prototype (instead of it being the VF-X-9, which makes more sense if the Ajax is the VF-10, but came earlier)? The VF-7 slot is the only one open for this Veritech.
Drakenred®™©
Champion

Unread post by Drakenred®™© »

Rabid Southern Cross Fan wrote:Sadly, there are going to be numbering scheme problems due to some ill-thought directives from Harmony Gold. . .

Given that we dont number aircraft that way why is it even an issue?
Seriously for the US military we have for example the F-7 seadart wich preceeded the F-4, and the B-52 is WAY older than the B1 and B2 bombers

Some more examples?

F1-1947
F2-1948
F-3 1951
F-9 1951
F-10 1951(which just to counfound things was originaly the F-3)
F-6 1956
F11-1956
F-7 1957 Probably literaly the worlds first Jetski, and to be fair Originaly it was the F2Y
F-8 1957
F-4 1958
F-5 1959
YF-12 1963
F-111 1967 (whoa this one is almost a full centur off!)
F-14 1970
F-15 1972
F-16 1974
YV-17 1974
F-21 1975 (See their we go again getting things out of order just to make some Diplomat happy)
F-18 1978
F-19 does not exist, or does it?
F-117 1981
F-20 1982

To be fair part of the Issue with the Pre 1962 Aircraft was the fact that the US went to a "unified" system that year.
冠双
Kagashi
Champion

Re: New Murmer.

Unread post by Kagashi »

Colonel Wolfe wrote:Kevin says that Robotech is a Blazing Sucess, and I'm glad.
but he mentioned complains about the Size and content.
The Size isnt a huge Issue to me, the people who have hated the Magna format since day one have stuck to their convictions. after seeign it, I dont mind it, i like big books, but its easier to read in the car or on the bus.
The Content problems come from Robotech Fans who have been Fanatical for years. RSCF has been a fan since 1985, Ive been a Fan since 1990 (when i got the RPG). after being fans for that long, and lookng at it from a personal perspective its hard to agree when the Book dosent meet the vision you had in your minds eye.

but to Kevin:
Thank you for doing what you do, and good luck on the move. it is a meloncoly feeling after calling somehwere "home" for years, and then seeing it bare and empty.

Size IS my biggest complaint and I was holding out for Deluxe. That and the fact the announced that not only will you get the material in the small book, but added stuff in Deluxe, I wondered why even buy the small book?

However I couldnt help it and I broke down and finally ordered the book (havent gotten it yet though). I will NOT be buying the same material again in the form of a larger book however. If there is any new material that would go into Deluxe, put it in a source book instead.

With as much as my friends talk about how awesome this book is, I dont have a fear I purchased a bad product.
I want to see from Palladium:
Updated Aug 2015
-Rifts: Dark Woods/Deep South, Space 110 PA, Scandinavia
-Mechanoids: Space (MDC)
-Robotech: Errata for Marines timeline, Masters Deluxe with SC and UEEF gear, Spaceships
-Updated Errata for post-2006 printings of Rifts books
-Searchable, quality PDFs/E-pubs of current Rifts titles
Omote
Explorer
Comment: To the extreme!

Unread post by Omote »

For a role playing book, I think the size is a bit inconvienient, especially if you want to look up a rule or a stat quickly. I'm hoping that the deluz/large version of the book has incorporated errata and KS takes some suggestions from the fans, to make the book as awesome as it can be.

-O
"My god is weird. My god is strange. My god taints a pretty picture." - KT
VAY VICTUS!
Cybermancer
Hero

Unread post by Cybermancer »

I'm going to sound off in the "don't like the new size" category.

While I'm glad the book is out and I've purchased my copy, the size of it overshadows all other complaints I might have. I wish the game every success because that can only lead to more ROBOTECH RPG stuff, I don't want to see any more manga formatted stuff that isn't in fact, manga.

The only reason I'm complaining is to be heard and counted. I was going to start my own thread on the subject when I saw this one. I am curious where the statistic "Most Love/Some Hate" came from. I haven't compared numbers from posts here, but it seemed fairly even to me until I saw that in the latest murmur.

Then again, maybe no numbers have been crunched and people are just being people-seeing what they want to see.
I was raised to beleive if you can't say something nice about a person, say nothing at all. This has led to living a very quiet life.

Someone who tells you what to think is trying to control you. Someone who teaches you how to think is trying to free you.

WWVLD?
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Agreed...
I'm glad to see NEW product, regardless of size, after Palladium's troubles...
Having seen my favorite otaku mag NewType USA go kaput this month, it's a lesson in how big glossy format doesn't always spell success, so I'm glad PB is still slugging away, and moving in the right direction of new material and especially Robotech...
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Drakenred®™©
Champion

CavScout wrote:
Drakenred®™© wrote:
Rabid Southern Cross Fan wrote:To be fair part of the Issue with the Pre 1962 Aircraft was the fact that the US went to a "unified" system that year.

The system of nomenclature was redesigned in 1962. Comparing nomenclature from very different systems is a bit silly, yes?

YF-12 1963
F-111 1967 (whoa this one is almost a full centur off!)
F-14 1970
F-15 1972
F-16 1974
YV-17 1974
F-21 1975 (See their we go again getting things out of order just to make some Diplomat happy)
F-18 1978
F-19 does not exist, or does it? F-117 1981
F-20 1982

yes but as seen the system still had some number skiping
冠双
Drakenred®™©
Champion

Rabid Southern Cross Fan wrote:
Drakenred®™© wrote:Given that we dont number aircraft that way why is it even an issue? Seriously for the US military we have for example the F-7 seadart wich preceeded the F-4, and the B-52 is WAY older than the B1 and B2 bombers.

Nevermind as trying to explain it will fall on deaf ears anyway.
true, theirs still people who say that the proper designation for the afla is AFC-01 and not whats on the Robotech.com websight
冠双
BookWyrm
Champion
Comment: Mondos non cogitarus, Consilium!

Unread post by BookWyrm »

Is it me, or didn't Kev say there would be a 'regular' (non-manga style) printing of RT-TSC RPG?
"Yes, I know I'm going to hell; I'm bringing marshmallows."
BookWyrm aka The Horn'd One
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Honourable but not gullible;
a Hero of the Megaverse. :D
AuroraKet
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by AuroraKet »

BookWyrm wrote:Is it me, or didn't Kev say there would be a 'regular' (non-manga style) printing of RT-TSC RPG?

If its the success that it's being spoken of, yes, he had mentioned a special edition like that.

Just that people on here want to forget, so they have something more to complain about. It also isn't likely to come out until after the sourcebooks at least are done, forcing them to 'suffer' with the manga sized one for a while.
Currently Playing:

Robotech: Rising Sun hosted by Chris
Robotech 2044: Tales of the Misfits Next Generation hosted by RyuDraconis
Robotech 2042: Getting the Goods hosted by silvermoon383

Will update when another is added. :)

Oh! And Support LibreOffice! Or OpenOffice. Don't be dominated by Microcrap greed!
Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

taalismn wrote:Agreed...
I'm glad to see NEW product, regardless of size, after Palladium's troubles...
Having seen my favorite otaku mag NewType USA go kaput this month, it's a lesson in how big glossy format doesn't always spell success, so I'm glad PB is still slugging away, and moving in the right direction of new material and especially Robotech...

Any ideal what happen to NewType USA? I just started buying it several months ago and then like you said, gone.
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

Overall I am happy with the new RtSC! I will buy a larger version when it is available. But I for one am very happy that Palladium Book and Harmony Gold have a hit on their hands.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”