Shadow Chronicles PBP game?

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Augur
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: Creator of the best PBP sites online: Explorers Unlimited & Savage Rifts

Shadow Chronicles PBP game?

Unread post by Augur »

If you'd be interested in seeing a Shadow Chronicles PBP game please voice your opinion here:

http://www.otherworlds.explorersunlimit ... php?f=368&

I am not trolling for new players here, simply checking the temperature of folks out there.

Gotta see if the market will support this new game yet...

If a new game does get started, it'll be posted in the Explorers Unlimited.com Sticky in the Gamers Looking for other Gamers Forum.
ImageImageImage
Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Re: I'm sure ill either run one, or take part in one at rpol

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

Murdock_SE wrote:Are there any rules against doing a PbP game here? Have not looked closely at their FAQ.

The answer has been no in the past.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
Tiree
Champion
Comment: Token Right Wing Fascist Totalitarian
"Never hit a man while he's down. Kick them, it's easier" - The Hunt

Unread post by Tiree »

I will be starting one up form my play group. That is if I can't get them to the table on a regular basis. My goal is to have everyone post once a week - if possible more often. But I will be hosting it from my own website phpbb board
Augur
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: Creator of the best PBP sites online: Explorers Unlimited & Savage Rifts

Unread post by Augur »

Murdock_SE wrote:I'm sure I will either run one, or take part in one using rpol.net. (I'm sure there are plenty of other PbP systems that are just as good, thats just the one I'm familiar with at this point).

I'm also considering doing a demo style run at www.robotech.com 's Gaming forum to gather newbies into the frey and help them get their robotechrpg feet.

I'll keep an eye on the site you showed as well.

Are there any rules against doing a PbP game here? Have not looked closely at their FAQ.

EU is a really good site (I'm biased, of course!) but rpol.net has some features that I'm jealous of...like the private messages in-posts, man, that would rock on EU!

Robotech.com actually has a very few games on-going in its gaming forum. Pretty minimal though, and their message board format is just awful. If I weren't a PBP gamer dedicated to EU/OW I'd play on rpol.net rather than their forums. Though, admittedly their forums would attract more interested attention. Perhaps you should just advertise there instead?

Zerebus wrote:I'm keeping an eye open towards the idea of running or having one run on Swankytown. As it is, though, the book is still too new. In a pbp like this, all the players need to have the main game book.

So very true! Hence this thread really...

Tiree wrote:I will be starting one up form my play group. That is if I can't get them to the table on a regular basis. My goal is to have everyone post once a week - if possible more often. But I will be hosting it from my own website phpbb board

Hey, best of luck! I've found on EU/OW that once a week is doable but really drags along. Shoot for twice a week and schedule the GM post-updates. Trust me, it works quite well. Over a dozen EU/OW GMs can't be wrong!
ImageImageImage
AuroraKet
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by AuroraKet »

I'd consider a PBP, I'd probably enjoy something run through a program like OpenRPG/OpenRPG+ a bit more, though. That puts the tabletop online, but keeps it live.
Currently Playing:

Robotech: Rising Sun hosted by Chris
Robotech 2044: Tales of the Misfits Next Generation hosted by RyuDraconis
Robotech 2042: Getting the Goods hosted by silvermoon383

Will update when another is added. :)

Oh! And Support LibreOffice! Or OpenOffice. Don't be dominated by Microcrap greed!
Augur
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Augur »

Unfortunately, it also brings up many of the same schedule issues that face tabletop gamers. Otherwise I'd be all about it!
ImageImageImage
AuroraKet
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by AuroraKet »

True enough... :)
Currently Playing:

Robotech: Rising Sun hosted by Chris
Robotech 2044: Tales of the Misfits Next Generation hosted by RyuDraconis
Robotech 2042: Getting the Goods hosted by silvermoon383

Will update when another is added. :)

Oh! And Support LibreOffice! Or OpenOffice. Don't be dominated by Microcrap greed!
Tiree
Champion
Comment: Token Right Wing Fascist Totalitarian
"Never hit a man while he's down. Kick them, it's easier" - The Hunt

Unread post by Tiree »

Zerebus wrote:It would appear we have more ready GM's than ready players.

Fancy that. :D

Don't get me wrong - I rather be a player. I just need to have people who are passionate about Robotech as I am. I only have one player who is - and that is Novastar. I can't let him be the GM all the time :P

So - I plan on running a Robotech Campaign/Adventure. If he rather do it - more power! Someone else? Even better!

In either case, it should be fun!

Now I would love to do an Invid Invasion era campaign via PBP if someone is running one.
Augur
Dungeon Crawler

Re: Shadow Chronicles PBP game?

Unread post by Augur »

Just to update/end this thread...

The Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles PBP game at www.otherworlds.explorersunlimited.com is closed.

All player slots for the time being have been filled by an eclectic array of player characters and a fantastic GM has taken up the arduous task running the campaign.

The campaign setting?

--The player group are folks left behind on Tirol when the UEEF fleet leaves for Earth. Just think of the possibilities...
ImageImageImage

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”