Alternate Dimensions

Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Aramanthus
Monk

Re: Alternate Dimensions

Unread post by Aramanthus »

Are those craters? No sir those are pepperoni and bits of sausage in it. It has at least four cheeses too! I'm starving!
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

Not in my version of your universe you suggested. I'm going to have to run very soon to cook my dinner. I'm starving!!!! :D
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

I'm planning on burgers, vegetables, potatos and yogurt for disgestion aid. If I had that I would share my dinner with you Max and Taalismn!

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

I'm planning on three. Two for tonight and one for tomorrow. I'm going to use my George Foreman

I guess the sun in this universe of food of yours could be a george foreman! :D
Last edited by Aramanthus on Thu May 15, 2008 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Supposedly you can find the precursors to amino acids in cometary ice...in this continua they apparently went farther and formed complex carbohydrates, proteins, and fats...

I actually had a TW asteroid mining complex that used the spell 'stone to flesh' to convert rock to meat...so the sky really was full of hamburger(depending on how you tweaked the spell)...And, taking a hint from the NASA astronauts who hit the condiment supplies hard because zero-gee apparently dulls the tastebuds, the asteroid-grinders would constantly trade with Earth and colonies with hydroponics for tabasco sauce, mustard seed, basil, sage, paprika, pepper, and other spices, to make the constant diet of magically-made astro-patty palatable...
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

Now that is a cool idea! Feeding the poor meaty asteroids! Cool!

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

A world where that poem is right and girls are made of everything nice and boys are made of puppy dog tails (I don't remember the way it goes.)

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Nursery rhyme..."Girls are made of sugar and spice and everything nice...Boys are made of snakes and snails and puppy dog tails"

...suggests to me the physical component of a golemancy spell..."Create Children"?
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Darkmax wrote:Hmm... wish it was that simple..... :D

Even if it was a spell...somebody would screw it up...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

The Third World War begins with the the Soviets ending the seige of Berlin by invading...HALFMOON goes into effect, with the entire US nuclear arsenal being expended on Soviet military cities and ports, like Vladivostok in the East, and Stalingrad in the West...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Roscoe Del'Tane
Adventurer

Unread post by Roscoe Del'Tane »

WW2 takes a different turn, as Hitler is this worlds version of Winston Churchill, helping to defend the world from the agressions of France and England. Paris and London are the cities nuked instead of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, with atomic weapons developed with the combined eggheads of America and Germany.

The Exxon Valdeez oil spill never happened, Alaskan fishing and oceanic wildlife remain unaffected.

This one might have already been posted, but what the heck. Romero World: Everytime that sombody dies, they come back as a zombie, hungering for the flesh of the living. Morticians, by neccessity, have become zombie killers in addition to their normal duties.
You'd be suprised at what the G.M. will allow with a little blackmail and bribery...

"Jack! You've debauched my sloth!" - Steven Matrin

"Artillery is the King of the Battlefield, Infantry is the Queen; and everybody knows what the King does to the Queen."- Stuart, from StarDestroyer.net
LostOne
Champion

Unread post by LostOne »

The inventor of the traditional pizza pie was actually an alien priest from a religious space sect that saw eating pizza as a metaphysical connection to their deity. They just learned that the entirety of Earth has developed pizza into a greater variety and is moving in to conquer the planet, not only for our pizza diversity, but also to suppress the knowledge of the pizza recipe from being leaked to other worlds as humanity advanced their space travel technology.

(disclaimer: I had surgery a few days ago, I'm on groovy pain meds)
"But you can't make an omelet without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others." -Order of the Stick #760
taalismn
Priest

LostOne wrote:The inventor of the traditional pizza pie was actually an alien priest from a religious space sect that saw eating pizza as a metaphysical connection to their deity. They just learned that the entirety of Earth has developed pizza into a greater variety and is moving in to conquer the planet, not only for our pizza diversity, but also to suppress the knowledge of the pizza recipe from being leaked to other worlds as humanity advanced their space travel technology.

Or else Earth is seen as the new Mecca of the Temple of the Divine Ingestion...
Leading to every other eatery on the Earth being a pizzaria, and a number of types specifically aimed at the palates of alien devotees...since 'Slug Slices' don't sell with the human crowd..

Of course, then the evangelical enforcement arm of the Church of the Stellar Sourbet arrives and decides that the sacred planet of Ice Cream cannot be shared with the heretics of the TDI who regard frozen sweetwater as fit only for dessert...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

vampire_hunter_D wrote:
LostOne wrote:The inventor of the traditional pizza pie was actually an alien priest from a religious space sect that saw eating pizza as a metaphysical connection to their deity. They just learned that the entirety of Earth has developed pizza into a greater variety and is moving in to conquer the planet, not only for our pizza diversity, but also to suppress the knowledge of the pizza recipe from being leaked to other worlds as humanity advanced their space travel technology.

this is almost remenicent of Pastafarianism and it's great divinity, teh Flying Sphegetti Monster

You had to remind me of that!
I whiled away many an idle hour with that stupid little web-game... :P
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Darkmax wrote:that's such a game?.....

used to be, at any rate....try Googling 'flying sphagetti monster'...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

Instead of the standard enemies of WW2. On this alternate earth, the enemies that caused WW2 are the ones you'd never believed would cause it....... The United States and the Soviet Union. Since in this world they are out to control it for themselves!

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

And then in yet another world WW2 is started when Winston Churhill is mooned by Joesph Stalin, Adolf Hitler and FDR.

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

That could be. Wars have been started over less before in history!

HH....FIE
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

In 1480 a.d the China Empire falls into a Civil War,and it,s end China is Now split into 15 different and rival countries and It,still this way today .How would this changed history?

In the middle of a Fight between a CCW,s ship and a TGE,s Ship, Rift appear,téléporting both ships to Earth,s orbit,the two ships fight,With a lucky shot the TGE,s ship fall into Earth Gravity,Crash - landing in Iran,Not wanted the Kreeghor to escape and harm the People of Plante,the CCW,s ship fire on the TGE Ship,totaly Destroying it and by accident starting a earthquake,The number of death from both the Earthquake and Radiation fall out is 35% of the Country,s population and another 20% have a high probability of devoloping Cancer.
taalismn
Priest

duck-foot wrote:has anybody read the comic book red star by image comics. that is awesome alt-dimension. the cold war continues into the space age and theres even soviet wizards. it cant get any better

Yeah...I really want to see schematics and manpower/weapons statistics on the SkyFurnaces..
Plasma Attack From Above! :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

I've got the Red Star comics and I have the RPG for it too! Great stuff! Oh yeah, I've also got the ps2 game for it! Someday I've got to work on them for an alternate universe in my game.

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

How about a world where every generation dies after reaching fifty of horrible illnesses.

I know it's a dark setting, matching my mood at this time.

HH....FIE
Roscoe Del'Tane
Adventurer

Brain Buster World: Men born on this planet are born brilliant (think Einstein and Hawking class intellects here), but within five years of puberty, they become progressively dumber and dumber, until they reach Chihuahua sized brains. Women's intellects stay the same, (needing to be trained up during their lives but retain all their smarts till death), but sterility runs rampant through their ranks. It becomes a finely balanced dance to maintain the world’s populations, keep rampant inbreeding down, and prevent an army of pre-schoolers from taking control of world politics.

People are made out of paper, three-dimensional origami if you will, and are otherwise unaffected. Fire-proofing becomes very popular, as well as having ones self laminated. Arsonists are feared above al other violent criminals.

At 11:30 PM, February 13, chocolate products are altered to produce severe allergic reactions; women the whole world over plot revenge on the ones who inflicted this on them, and plan the downfall of the Hershey Company.

Lincolin was never assassinated, he had bodyguards that spotted the killer and contained him. He goes on to be one of the greatest peace-makers in history, bringing an end to the hostility between North and South much faster, and manages to smooth the whole thing over.

100 years after publishing, all best-selling books become real, the characters leaving the pages and stalking the real world; unfortunately for us, its only the villains, the heroes are still trapped in their literary prisons.
You'd be suprised at what the G.M. will allow with a little blackmail and bribery...

"Artillery is the King of the Battlefield, Infantry is the Queen; and everybody knows what the King does to the Queen."- Stuart, from StarDestroyer.net
taalismn
Priest

The mad days of superscience and mystical experimentation of the Cold War era, and the establishment of a shadow government and military industrial complex has now led to a conservative counter-shadow governemt that is working to restore basic liberties...and clean up the messes left by the M-I-Complex, like zombie-viruses, out of control weapons developers, and mad scientists...Think S.E.C.R.E.T./MiB/Bureau 13 working against the worst aspects of our government, but also cracking down on magic...and occasionally stooping to assassination of public figures to 'clean the environment'...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

ONe day(not the same day) a year everybody is granted the ability to become a superpowered alter-ego....

Psychosis is caused by other people in their dreams invading our subconsciousness, taking us over, and driving us mad...the sleeper simply thinks it's a bad dream and not real, so no hurt, no foul? Meanwhile, some quiet guy or unassuming girl wakes up to discover they've murdered people, spent their entire live savings gambling, or driven into a multi-car accident...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

All of those were very cool alternate universes! I like them all.

Duck-foot great one. I always love ones that deal with Rome. My minor in college was history of Rome.

As for the question on how to continue it...................

There is no dark ages. They would probably reach where we are earlier than we did. Maybe as early as the 15th or 16th century. Although they'd have to deal with the plague. And both would have to do that. They might have firearms maybe as early as 1000 ad. It would make for a very cool and twisted world.

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

So what are you suggesting DarkMax? Could you elaborate a little more. Please! :D

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Darkmax wrote:The one superpower I will choose.... to be able to negate all super-abilities permanently. :D

Sorry..but the Soothsayer already forsaw you and took measures to have you taken out of the equation, well in advance and permanently... :twisted:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

Oh ok. My crystal ball did the forcasting. I admit it! :D

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

Ah. But you aren't an archmage DM. :D I am!

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

First? You don't look old enough to be a "First One!"

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

The introduction of a technology that allows people to temporarily experience the physical sensations of another person's body leads to a society where everyone is required to spend at least a week every year experiencing what it's like being the opposite gender...
Eventually this technology and law is expanded to punish criminals by making them feel what their victims(those that survive the encounter) feel....assault and battery feels the people in recovery(without painkillers), arsonists feel what it's like to go through burn treatment, etc...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Darkmax wrote:hmm... being Malkovich.....

Ain't a crime being John Malkovitch...although I really won't invite him to stay at my place, such is his convincing power as a character actor... :shock:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Evolution produces a quirk in which roughly about 30% of the human race, as we reach our teens and into our twenties,,,sometimes longer, changes (back) into an amphibious form, while a rare few become avian forms, lupine forms, or even mole-forms...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
LostOne
Champion

Unread post by LostOne »

Roscoe Del'Tane wrote:100 years after publishing, all best-selling books become real, the characters leaving the pages and stalking the real world; unfortunately for us, its only the villains, the heroes are still trapped in their literary prisons.

Ooh, fun. A way to bring balefire into a Chaos Earth game. :eek:
"But you can't make an omelet without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others." -Order of the Stick #760
Aramanthus
Monk

This one is really silly!

When people are dianosed as vegetable they tranform into and edible one with in a period of 24 houers.

Blame Darkmax for bringing up food. :D

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

And how about an earth where intelligent life evolved as vegetables. Everyone was something intelligent and yet very tasty! :D

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Darkmax wrote:Attacks of the Killer Tomatoes?!

At that point I'd WELCOME an invasion by pasta-crazed aliens intent on planting the Earth in spaghetti....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

Where does that put garlic bread in that sort of world? :D

A slight variation of our world. A world where clowns are truly rare evil beings who once held major power over the world. There have been many many wars to destroy the evil beings. They roam the edges of society hoping to get even with us and feed on us. There is a constant bounty on bagging any clowns seen. There is no limit either, you can bag as many as you can.

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

No those are their victims. They need to cause them confusion of the minds of the young.

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Earth has arisen as a major power in the galaxy, through its mastery of magic...A mage-elite now rule the solar system, using fear and mind control to dominate the people...If somebody needs PPE for a project, the populace worships the ruling party and donates PPE to the cause...or else there's a culling in the prisons for the PPE raised through blood sacrifice..
Earth forces are busy conquering the rest of the galaxy, but they've run into resistance...several races using a power source that seems the antithesis of magic, and seems to disrupt it...Protoculture...Now the embattled Tirolian Republic, with its army of giant nega-psychic Zentraedi, its mage-bane Terminators, and its spell-disrupting Reflex weaponry, together with their magic-immune Invid allies, rally against the magic-empowered legions of the tyrannical Magicus Terra...Will they be enough to break the stranglehold the WitchQueen and the Mage-Lords have on the galaxy, or will the Terran sorcerors drown the last free beings in space in a deluge of summoned demons?
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

Great one Taalismn! And on that same line of thinking.

The rebuilt United Earth has come to dominate a vast section of the Milky Way using a unique combination of magic and technology. Being able to use the best of both and avoiding the bad aspects of either. Earth itself is a paradise for it's citazens. The people of the United Earth are treated better than they were before they become members.

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

In that particular universe you'd soon be eliminated and imprisoned at the very least. Probably in a magic cell just because it'd keep you there the easiest.

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Earth begins to see large numbers of angels and demons showing up on Earth, requesting asylum and sanctuary...all look and act like war refugees...
Seems there's something out there bigger than Heaven and Hell combined, and it's rolling over both...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Darkmax wrote:"When Heaven and Hell clash!"

Only they're fighting somebody ELSE...and losing... :twisted:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Roscoe Del'Tane
Adventurer

Everybodys hands are either attached backwards (left hand on the right arm), or are put on upside down (thumb on bottom).

Once somebody spends sufficient time playing first person shooters, they develop perfect and instantaneous hand-eye quardination with anything they can lay their hands on. The militaries take to raiding colledge campuses for new 'super-soldiers" (generally takes 10,000 hours of play for this to develop), and begin to raise the next generation from birth with a controller in their hands.

The automotive industry and the big oil companies are all almost bankrupted when it is revealed that people have spontaneously deveolped the ability to fly overnight.

Consuming one handful of one color of jellybeans or M&M's will grant one random super power for 1d4x10 minutes, the world is thrown into chaos as everybody with a grudge gorges on snack foods and goes on a super powered rampage.

taalismn wrote:
Darkmax wrote:"When Heaven and Hell clash!"

Only they're fighting somebody ELSE...and losing... :twisted:

Brrrr, am I the only one getting chills from thinking about that? Hope the :angel:'s come out on top...

taalismn
Priest

One of the last great inventions of Tesla is a means to create a perfect forcefield...This invention is buried after Tesla's death, but just before WW2, an isolationist group acquires it and uses it to seal off North and South America from the rest of the world....NOTHING can penetrate it, and it cannot be taken down for at least 50 years, as it is powered by the Earth's own magnetic field...

...and now that 50 year duration is coming up, and peoples on both sides of the Wall are anxiously waiting to see what will be revealed on the other side...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Pax Astras Romanus, baby!
Raise the Legions of Mars! The neobarbs of Ganymede be revolting again and not paying the Imperium the rightful annual tithe for resettling them in the Outer Solar System!
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

LOL!!! Those are all very good ones! That last one Darkmax! LOL :lol:

Every company in the world suddenly finds itself in need of Mike Rowe from "Dirty Jobs". He becomes the richest and most on demand celebrity on the planet.

(Sorry I'm watching "Dirty Jobs" right at this moment.)

HH....FIE
LostOne
Champion

Unread post by LostOne »

Darkmax wrote:Politicians, lawyers, managers and criminals to Uranus.....

Fixed it for you. They're basically all the same thing.

A world where the laws of physics match what you'd see in a hollywood movie. A single bullet hitting a car always results in an explosion, fights often result in people flying through the air battling with swords, or two-fisted gunfights while diving through the air. The good guys usually win. Heroes making big entrances often are accompanied by the nearest music device (stereo/jukebox/passing loud car radio) playing heroic/theme music. Shooting locks out of doors actually works. Cars can jump hundreds of feet in a car chase by ramping off of something and land and keep driving without real damage. Elevators falling down shafts always stop at some point and stay until just after the last person is rescued before it continues its plummet. Most evil plots are masterminded by the Nazi's or the Russians, or some remnant group/villain thereof.

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”