Best vehicle for Exploring South America

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

runebeo
Champion
Comment: I hope Odin allows me to stand with him at the time of Ragnarök!

Re: Best vehicle for Exploring South America

Unread post by runebeo »

If you got some good fire power a Galapagos Submersible Robot was stolen from Cordoba. So our group raided the Larhold tribe camp and captured it's Galapagos robot they captured it a few years ago and the vehicle has permanent damaged reducing its M.D.C. by 20%, but would make an awesome flagship for any group or mercenary company, sell or ransom it back to Cordoba nation. We named ours Shelly and used it to help the New Navy make Lord of the Deep flee Earth.
I will be 125 living in Rio de Janeiro when the Great Cataclysm comes, I will not survive long but I will be cloned threw the Achilles project and my clones will be Achilles Neo-Humans that will start a new Jedi order in Psyscape. So You May Strike Me Down & I Will Become More Powerful Than You Can Possibly Imagine. Let the Clone Wars begin!
Rockwolf66
Hero

Unread post by Rockwolf66 »

I would say a Dock landing ship with a Jumpjet landing pad built over part of the back deck. It would give one a mix of Naval and arial versitility.
"Having met a few brits over here i wonder about them. The Military ones I met through my dad as a kid seem to be the most ruthless men on the planet..." -Steve Hobbs
rat_bastard
Kreelockian
Comment: Maybe if my sig line is clever enough someone will finally love me.

Unread post by rat_bastard »

Black market knock off of the silver hawk from Free Quebec.
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
Dustin Fireblade
Knight

Unread post by Dustin Fireblade »

Rockwolf66 wrote:I would say a Dock landing ship with a Jumpjet landing pad built over part of the back deck. It would give one a mix of Naval and arial versitility.

Would be the way I did it. Might make for a interesting module tracing the steps of that scientist in the beginning of SA1.
runebeo
Champion
Comment: I hope Odin allows me to stand with him at the time of Ragnarök!

Unread post by runebeo »

LordVarandus wrote:
runebeo wrote:If you got some good fire power a Galapagos Submersible Robot was stolen from Cordoba. So our group raided the Larhold tribe camp and captured it's Galapagos robot they captured it a few years ago and the vehicle has permanent damaged reducing its M.D.C. by 20%, but would make an awesome flagship for any group or mercenary company, sell or ransom it back to Cordoba nation. We named ours Shelly and used it to help the New Navy make Lord of the Deep flee Earth.

now that is an exploratory robot! it is awesome, though very highprofile and a very tempting target for a flight of Arkons. the crew would have to be organized and practiced at that monsters systems to keep it secure while moving, and free from unexpected surprises from the jungles underneath and to the sides of it.

but yes defiantly a great choice for a single vehicle option.! great mobility with all 3 modes of transport and plenty of gun stations for the soldiers.

nice choice runebeo!

Our company bought eight NE-040 Point Defense Drone from the Naruni second wave book and have a virtual reality room in Shelly devoted to the eight drones as they scout miles ahead and guards our Galapagos mobile base. We also have three K-9 robot dog companions and two Arabian robot horses from new west book, which act as guard dogs when we are running on a skeleton crew. We usually stay submerged in the nearest lake when not actively on a mission, this draw less attention to this 70 foot tall robot.
I will be 125 living in Rio de Janeiro when the Great Cataclysm comes, I will not survive long but I will be cloned threw the Achilles project and my clones will be Achilles Neo-Humans that will start a new Jedi order in Psyscape. So You May Strike Me Down & I Will Become More Powerful Than You Can Possibly Imagine. Let the Clone Wars begin!
GhostKnight
Adventurer

Unread post by GhostKnight »

Zebra wrote:I would say a traix land crab.
1. can carry ~12 passengers
2. has built in water cooler (for deserts)
3. can act as submarine/boat (amazon)
4. is good in mountains (andes)
5. has good firepower and main weapon doesn't need ammo if you are far from resupply
6. has decent MDC
7. isn't huge, so it might go unnoticed

It would probably not be as usefull as a base camp, but great for overall exploring.
Now that's a good idea... hrm... can also do some TW and weapon upgrades...
Recovery? Only for the rich and 20 counties.
Anti-Nuclear = Anti-Salmon
PC = Patronizing Cretin
The World Clock
Real Economic Statistics
Todd Yoho
Adventurer

Unread post by Todd Yoho »

Neenok's all environment, custom built, hover Behemoth Explorer named "Lazlo;" the original manuscript version that was edited out of Adventures in Dinosaur Swamp.

Now that was an explorer's dream machine.
Insert 400 character limit here.
Dustin Fireblade
Knight

Unread post by Dustin Fireblade »

Naruni NE-ATVRV3 Pathfinder

Return to “Rifts®”