Play an Invid Stage Five pilot?

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

AuroraKet
Dungeon Crawler

Re: Play an Invid Stage Five pilot?

Unread post by AuroraKet »

Because of the basic 'slant' especially in the older game, I'd say put it late in the game, siding with the freedom fighters.

More interesting to try to deal with not only the invasion, but with the basic slant of someone figuring out that the char isn't human. Because they might slip up, they might bleed, anything. And unless someone knows them reeeeally well before that... :)

Works a lot better for 'second invasion' under the old PB timeline, but would work potentially with the new stuff as well, late in the war, and going on after. With the Expedition seemingly short on pilots, I'd wonder if they might not try to recruit some of the more legitimate of the freedom fighting groups, for the next war. That could be a whole other new problem. ;)

It could be hardcore with nasty problems and prejudice, or go on and be almost a comedy of errors, I'd think. ;)
Currently Playing:

Robotech: Rising Sun hosted by Chris
Robotech 2044: Tales of the Misfits Next Generation hosted by RyuDraconis
Robotech 2042: Getting the Goods hosted by silvermoon383

Will update when another is added. :)

Oh! And Support LibreOffice! Or OpenOffice. Don't be dominated by Microcrap greed!
Ice Dragon
Hero

Unread post by Ice Dragon »

In the old days my Veritech-Fighterpilot has a Stage 5 invid girlfriend (NPC). She was a spy first (reason, why some of plans didn't work out as they should :wink:). But after falling in love, it was not easy to defened her against the other players and if she got wounded to explain the green blood :lol:.

It can be fun to have Stage5 Invids as NPC or PC in your game.
It is always a bad thing when political matters are allowed to affect the planning of operations (Field Marshal Erwin Rommel, 1943)

Nelly ~ He's one romantic smooth operator and a true old school gentleman. Heck he's an Austrian officer, it's in his blood.

Co-Holder with Jefffar of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

10 + 100 Geek Points (Danger + Shawn Merrow)
Rimmerdal
Knight
Comment: Official Member of the 'Transformers don't need Humans Club'

Unread post by Rimmerdal »

Invid invasion (if you have that) says how. the stats are a little different than humans and they have most of the invid abilities.
taalismn wrote:
Rimmerdal wrote:mmm Rifts street meat..

Flooper. Fried, broiled, or chipped.
It's like eating Chinese.
FLOOP! And you're hungry again.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

but you need to remember that Arial was a simulagent, and her genes got mixed with a humans to be albe to pass as human. Or I might be bringing in something from the novels, doesn't remember where I picked that little bit up.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
AuroraKet
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by AuroraKet »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:but you need to remember that Arial was a simulagent, and her genes got mixed with a humans to be albe to pass as human. Or I might be bringing in something from the novels, doesn't remember where I picked that little bit up.

That's just from the novels, and what was termed as a voiceover mishap. I seem to recall that being why Ariel has a new VO in Shadow Chronicles, whereas Marcus' vision of Marlene Rush has the old voiceover. Never intended to be the same people.
Currently Playing:

Robotech: Rising Sun hosted by Chris
Robotech 2044: Tales of the Misfits Next Generation hosted by RyuDraconis
Robotech 2042: Getting the Goods hosted by silvermoon383

Will update when another is added. :)

Oh! And Support LibreOffice! Or OpenOffice. Don't be dominated by Microcrap greed!

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”