Question about Robotech Deluxe and Gold Edition

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: Question about Robotech Deluxe and Gold Edition

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Calibur wrote:Heya, sorry to bother, I'm not really to sure if there's another forum to ask about Palladium questions, but since this is Robotech, I thought it I would ask here.

Weird, I thought there would be more buzz on the forums about the Deluxe Hardcover Edition and Limited Gold Edition Robotech books!

Just wanted to know, concerning about the special editions of the Shadow Chronicles RPG, would they be made available for the people and the rest of the world? ^_^

I'm hoping they will, as the Gold Edition seems to be a Palladium Books only exclusive that you can order from them. If so, then I'm definitely going to pre-order both Gold and Deluxe when I have the money! There doesn't seem to be the limited to U.S. and Canada thing they have for the original Shadow Chronicles. How do I find out more? Where to ask questions to confirm this?

The RTSCD will be a hard cover and will have more artwork and maybe some fixes. I would guess that the Gold cover will be just the Hard cover with a special cover.

Some of the fixes I would like to see.
-ether stating the differing stats that Tirolians and Zentradiee have (ether as new dice rolls or bonuses), or stating there is none.
-Getting a 5-stage/simulagent invid stats in the char creation area. (thou I can wait for a new invid book for that.)
-how fit in Zents that are fresh form any of the patrolling fleets that join the humans. (I'm using the on-line changing class rule for a char I'm writing up, and just having them put into basic along with any other volunteers for the background.)
-the inclusion of the gambling skill. the only rouge skill you can get but it's not in the lists. Its mentioned in the 2ndary skills list. and any other mentioned skills that were left out of the skills list.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Sureshot
Champion
Comment: They Saved Sureshot's Brain!

Unread post by Sureshot »

I just hope that PB posts a free PDF of all the new stuff that is in the Deluxe Edition. I'm really in no mood to buy the same book twice.
If it's stupid and it works. It's not stupid

Palladium can't be given a free pass for criticism because people have a lot of emotion invested in it.

Pathfinder is good. It is not the second coming of D&D.

Surshot is absolutely right. (Kevin Seimbeda)

Enlightened Grognard

When I step out of line the mods do their jobs. I don't benefit from some sort of special protection.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

I hate thumbing through that small book, so I will be getting the hard cover. Not the Gold thou.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
AuroraKet
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by AuroraKet »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:Some of the fixes I would like to see.
-ether stating the differing stats that Tirolians and Zentradiee have (ether as new dice rolls or bonuses), or stating there is none.
-Getting a 5-stage/simulagent invid stats in the char creation area. (thou I can wait for a new invid book for that.)
-how fit in Zents that are fresh form any of the patrolling fleets that join the humans. (I'm using the on-line changing class rule for a char I'm writing up, and just having them put into basic along with any other volunteers for the background.)
-the inclusion of the gambling skill. the only rouge skill you can get but it's not in the lists. Its mentioned in the 2ndary skills list. and any other mentioned skills that were left out of the skills list.

Agreed on all counts. Especially count two. :)
Currently Playing:

Robotech: Rising Sun hosted by Chris
Robotech 2044: Tales of the Misfits Next Generation hosted by RyuDraconis
Robotech 2042: Getting the Goods hosted by silvermoon383

Will update when another is added. :)

Oh! And Support LibreOffice! Or OpenOffice. Don't be dominated by Microcrap greed!
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Sureshot wrote:I just hope that PB posts a free PDF of all the new stuff that is in the Deluxe Edition. I'm really in no mood to buy the same book twice.

Sing it brother!
yeah, that part really really sticks in my craw. "Sorry but we ran out of room..."
Easily avoided...DON'T PRINT THE THING IN MANGA POCKET BOOK SIZE!!!!!!
-ahem-
Still very much annoyed at that short sighted decison on the part of the powers that be. :roll:
Bind the body to the opened mind
Bind the body to the opened mind

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound
Tiree
Champion
Comment: Token Right Wing Fascist Totalitarian
"Never hit a man while he's down. Kick them, it's easier" - The Hunt

Unread post by Tiree »

Sureshot wrote:I just hope that PB posts a free PDF of all the new stuff that is in the Deluxe Edition. I'm really in no mood to buy the same book twice.

Not going to happen!

BUT!

All the material will be reprinted in other sourcebooks. So you won't miss anything if you pick up the other books. I think they were also talking about putting the extra material in a Rifter, but that is questionable I think...

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”