NEW POWERS!

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

taalismn
Priest

Re: NEW POWERS!

Unread post by taalismn »

dragon_blaze_99 wrote:
taalismn wrote:
Iczer wrote:Splitz: [Minor]
'let's get to the bottom of this'

The character has the unnerving ability to seperate his upper and lower halves, each becoming a seperate creature controlled by the same will.
Batts

"And this is my other, arguably better, half."
:D

thanks god that some other them me said that :D

Hmmm..That suggests a power to me....Maybe Proxy? Or maybe call it Scapegoat? Tag somebody at the beginning of a melee and any attacks that would have been normally heading for you are automatically diverted at that person instead? "Gee, thanks, Bob! Thanks for volunteering to take that hit for me!" :D
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

taalismn wrote:
dragon_blaze_99 wrote:
taalismn wrote:
Iczer wrote:Splitz: [Minor]
'let's get to the bottom of this'

The character has the unnerving ability to seperate his upper and lower halves, each becoming a seperate creature controlled by the same will.
Batts

"And this is my other, arguably better, half."
:D

thanks god that some other them me said that :D

Hmmm..That suggests a power to me....Maybe Proxy? Or maybe call it Scapegoat? Tag somebody at the beginning of a melee and any attacks that would have been normally heading for you are automatically diverted at that person instead? "Gee, thanks, Bob! Thanks for volunteering to take that hit for me!" :D

I dunno, the full round seems excessive. Good base for a power, though, just like it if you statted it out a little better. :P
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
taalismn
Priest

Would have to balance it...maybe it can only be used a limited number of times per day, or the next melee afterwards, you can't use it, and are at HALF bonuses to Dodge/resist any more attacks? Maybe magic and psionics blow right through it....that could help balance it...(thinking out loud here)...

---Which suggests yet another power for consideration...something near psychic that suddenly has the victim's train of thought loudly vocalized for all to hear; "I WONDER; I THINK I CAN GET THE DROP ON SUPERDUPERMAN IF I CLIMB UP ON THAT POLE AND LET HIM RUN PAST ME...GAWD, NEONLASS HAS A FINE A--...WHY IS EVERYBODY LOOKING AT ME LIKE THAT?! OH SNOT! DID I SAY THAT OUT LOUD?! WHY'D I SAY-THAT- OUT LOUD TOO?! OH CRUD! I CAN'T STOP MYSELF, LIKE I CAN'T STOP OF NEONLASS IN A VAT OF JELL-...STOPITSTOPITSTOPIT!"

Now what would we call a power like that? Public Announcement?
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

taalismn wrote:Would have to balance it...maybe it can only be used a limited number of times per day, or the next melee afterwards, you can't use it, and are at HALF bonuses to Dodge/resist any more attacks? Maybe magic and psionics blow right through it....that could help balance it...(thinking out loud here)...

---Which suggests yet another power for consideration...something near psychic that suddenly has the victim's train of thought loudly vocalized for all to hear; "I WONDER; I THINK I CAN GET THE DROP ON SUPERDUPERMAN IF I CLIMB UP ON THAT POLE AND LET HIM RUN PAST ME...GAWD, NEONLASS HAS A FINE A--...WHY IS EVERYBODY LOOKING AT ME LIKE THAT?! OH SNOT! DID I SAY THAT OUT LOUD?! WHY'D I SAY-THAT- OUT LOUD TOO?! OH CRUD! I CAN'T STOP MYSELF, LIKE I CAN'T STOP OF NEONLASS IN A VAT OF JELL-...STOPITSTOPITSTOPIT!"

Now what would we call a power like that? Public Announcement?

Now you know [Major/minor?]
"...and knowing is half the Battle"

Batts
"Sorry Drewkitty, the laws of physics were defeated by Iczer way back in like, the first ten pages of this thread." A.J. Pickett
“Iczer, you are a power generating machine.” - Mr Twist
taalismn
Priest

That's good....Hmmm...Minor, I should think, since it does nothing else...Mind Block and other mental saving throws should probably be allowed as defenses against it...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
The ineffible GM
Explorer

Unread post by The ineffible GM »

A new power that just occurred to me.

Aggressive Reflexes (Major/Minor)
The hero has a more localized form of Danger Sense blended with lightning reflexes. The Hero is able to use his actions to interrupt the attacks of his enemies. When the character makes a Simultaneous attack and is successful with a strike, throw, disarm or entangle (other actions may be acceptable, under the right cicumstances) the character's action/attack interrupts and prevents the attack of his/her opponent, though the opponent's attack/action is still spent that round. This can be used with hand to hand or with ranged attacks, as long as the character has some way to respond (shooting the enemy first, etc.)
Additional Bonuses:
P.P. +2
S.P.D. +6
+4 to Initiative

Major = As is.
Minor = To make this a Minor power, gain all the listed bonuses, however the attack interruption can only be used once per melee.
"Otaru taught me that blue skies mean happiness"
- Lime, from Sabre Marionette J, episode twenty five
The ineffible GM
Explorer

Unread post by The ineffible GM »

On the subject of Retcon punch, I like it as is. For all those that want it to be permanent or to sometimes do something nice for the enemy, that's simple.

If your attack roll with a Retcon punch is a Natural 1, then roll for the effect as normal but either reverse the effect to make it a good quality, or have the power backfire and alter the timeline of the Hero instead.
On a Natural 20, the effects are permanent.
"Otaru taught me that blue skies mean happiness"
- Lime, from Sabre Marionette J, episode twenty five
taalismn
Priest

Mephisto wrote:Why not just make Proxy the minor power and Scapegoat the major?

Proxy being the short term (one action/attack)version, and Scapegoat the full-melee round version?
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

The ineffible GM wrote:A new power that just occurred to me.

Aggressive Reflexes (Major/Minor)
The hero has a more localized form of Danger Sense blended with lightning reflexes. The Hero is able to use his actions to interrupt the attacks of his enemies. When the character makes a Simultaneous attack and is successful with a strike, throw, disarm or entangle (other actions may be acceptable, under the right cicumstances) the character's action/attack interrupts and prevents the attack of his/her opponent, though the opponent's attack/action is still spent that round. This can be used with hand to hand or with ranged attacks, as long as the character has some way to respond (shooting the enemy first, etc.)
Additional Bonuses:
P.P. +2
S.P.D. +6
+4 to Initiative

Major = As is.
Minor = To make this a Minor power, gain all the listed bonuses, however the attack interruption can only be used once per melee.

"Man, you telegraphed that move..."
Good idea...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Killbox (minor) by Stone Gargoyle

The hero can cause air particles to form a cube shaped force field around a target or himself. The air particles are withdrawn from the area of efect in order to create the field, eliminating oxygen and other gases from the inside of the cube. Anyone caught inside the cube, including himself, will be unable to breathe while it is in place. The cube can also be formed around objects to hold them in place.

Range: The cube can be formed up to 60 feet away from the hero, plus 5 feet per level, line of sight. Forms a cube 10'X10'X10' maximum.

Duration: Concentration. The hero can perform no other actions while generating the field. It will be dispelled if the hero is rendered unconscious, is psionically attack, or if its SDC is depleted (see below).

Attacks: It uses one attack to created the cube and it mustbe constantly maintained for it to remain in effect.

SDC: The cube will have an SDc equal to the hero's MEattribute number X10 per side.

Other Effects: If created around a flying target, the cube will essentially trap them in the location where it is geneerated, keeping them suspended off the ground as if having a Superhuman PS equal to the hero's ME attribute. Targets flying at higher speeds will be harder to trap (GMs should calculate appropriate penalties to hitting a flying target and use a strike roll to see if it hits). If the object or target held is stronger than the PS of the box, it will move with the target trapped, being pushed to the ground, or take damage to SDC as the target tries to escape.

Limitations: The cube must completely surround a target to work, so it cannot target just someone's head or used to envelope areas on both sides of a wall. Can only be maintained the hero's ME number in melee rounds. The hero cannot perform any other actions while using the power, including dodging, parrying or making any sort of saving throw.

Other Abilities and Bonuses:
+1d4 ME
+2 to save vs. psionic attack
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
taalismn
Priest

Stone Gargoyle wrote:Killbox (minor) by Stone Gargoyle

The hero can cause air particles to form a cube shaped force field around a target or himself. The air particles are withdrawn from the area of efect in order to create the field, eliminating oxygen and other gases from the inside of the cube. Anyone caught inside the cube, including himself, will be unable to breathe while it is in place. The cube can also be formed around objects to hold them in place.

"I dunno, Maxwell...The rest of the team's saying you're into autoerotic asphyxiation.."

Sorry....this power seems almost suicidal in that regard... :evil:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

taalismn wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:Killbox (minor) by Stone Gargoyle

"I dunno, Maxwell...The rest of the team's saying you're into autoerotic asphyxiation.."

Sorry....this power seems almost suicidal in that regard... :evil:

Yes, in the wrong hands it could prove quite lethal. Now imagine if I did a major version allowing for multiple targets and a larger enclosure area... :twisted:
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Bark Worse Than Bite (minor) by Stone Gargoyle
"When he talked he sounded like a growling dog..."

The mutant possesses a very bestial voice which can shock or frighten opponents.

1.Woofer: The superbeing can shout in such a way as to terrorize his foes, making them lose initiative and one attack if they are unable to make a Saving Throw vs. Horror Factor (12 or better, plus 1 at levels 4, 8 and 12, +1 if done afet a successful prowl; ME bonus applies except if the attack is made after a successful prowl). A -4 penalty is applied to the Saving Throw if the target has an established fear of dogs or other such large animals. Those with such a fear will have to make a Saving Throw vs. Insanity to keep from reacting in a phobic manner (See HU2 Insanity tables in main book).
Those familiar with the superbeing will still be affected but gain a +4 to Save vs. Horror Factor. It does not affect deaf people (obviously) or Robots.

2.Howl: The superbeing can howl like an animal as a signal or so as to cause dogs and other large animals (primarily Canids) to start howling. Such a howl will be able to be heard up to 2 miles away and will make those hearing it make a Saving Throw vs. Horror Factor (8 or better, plus 1 at levels 4, 8 and 12). A -4 penalty is applied to the Saving Throw if the target has an established fear of dogs or other such large animals, as above. The hero's howl is distinct, however, and will be recognizeable.

3.Growl: The superbeing can growl at an opponent, adding +2 to his initiative, each melee round, making opponents -2 to any Hand To Hand combat moves as well.

4.Otheer Abilities and Bonuses:
Hears accurately at twice normal range
+4 to Save vs. Horror Factor
This power doubles the number of animals controlled by Animal Metamorphosis when combined with that power if the form assumed is that of a large dog or canid (wolf, dingo, etc.).
taalismn
Priest

Stone Gargoyle wrote:Bark Worse Than Bite (minor) by Stone Gargoyle
"When he talked he sounded like a growling dog...").

"Don't worry; his bark's worse than his bite..."
"Oh good! Because the last time I checked he was packing a magazine-fed bazooka!"
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

Dust bomb [Minor]
'And >>Bampf<< I'm gone'

The character can genrate a fine silt that hangs in the air and obscures vision.
1) Dust cloud: the character creates a cloud of dust in a 20 foot radius out to 20 feet. The dust cloud obscures vision (opponents have -4 to strike, parry and dodge when attacking within or through the cloud. Those without breathing protection, will find the choking dust to inhibit concentration, suffering -2 to initiative and -1 attack per melee from the choking, cloying air. a dust cloud typically lasts 1D4 melees plus 1d4 per level, but this is halved in winds of 20Mph, quartered at 40Mph and is impossible in 60mph winds or greater.
2) dust bomb: the character can generate the cloud as a bundle of compacted dust whcih he can project at an opponent. The character can target an individual out to 80 feet away with +2 to strike. The bundle inflicts 1D4 damage per level and feels like a hit from a thrown baseball. after striking, the ball explodes creating a dustcloud with a radius of 10 feet and a duration of 1 melee round per level. (otherwise just like #1)

I Hero [Major]
'I'll keep an eye out for him'

The character can grow eyes on his body, generating them spontaneously and instantly.
1) grow eyes. By growing eyes on his person, the character can see whatever any of his eyes see. by placing an eye on a hand, the character can look over obstacles. By coating his body in an aray of eyes, he can see in all directions at once (near impossible to sneak up on. +2 to initiative +4 to visual based perception checks, and acts as if posessing the minor power of circular vision. The GM may consider reducing a character's PB score when manifesting numerous eyeballs.
2) Place eyeballs: more stunning, the character can remove his grown eyeballs and physically insert them into other people or objects, giving him a kind of remote camera. when an eyeball is removed and placed on an object, the eyeball burrows in to become flush with the object, and grows a camoflagued eyelid. when shut, the eye looks like nothing more than a discolouration or smudge on the object. when closed, the eyelid is capable of seeing only vague senses of light and dark. when open the eye posesses all the character's normal vision related senses.
Placing the eye on a person involves the target to be unaware or unable to resist (it can be done in conjunction with a grapple). the target cannot see through the eye (and indeed may not even be aware of its existence depending on placement). the target is allowed a saving throw to resist in any case (16+ PE bonuses apply).
As a last resort, the character can remove an eyeball and have it roam. this is identical to the minor power 'anatomical seperation' but applies only to the character's removed eyeballs.
a removed eye remains aware and independant for 1 day per level before shrivelling and dying. the character can will an eye to dry up but it takes 4 actions to do so. if the eye is punctured or destroyed (has 2 HP but must be individually targetted) the character loses 1 HP.
There is no limit to the distance the character can 'see'through a misplaced eyeball.
3) Eye powers: the character gains a random supervision power at levels 3,6,9 and 12. He can grow multiple eyes, each one using a different power, but when creating an eye to act individually, he must select which type of vision it uses. In addition, if the character loses or damages an eye, he may replace it instantly.
4) maximum number of eyes: the character can co-ordinate only a limited number of eyes at one time, equal to his IQ plus his ME (plus 2 per level)

Psychosomatic attack: [Major]
'This will really hurt..more than you imagine'

The character can project a kind of bio-electrical attack that stimulates the targets brain, forcing it to manifest wounds.
Range: 120 feet
Attacks: each Psychosomatic attack takes one action to perform
Duration: instant, but the effects persist for 1D4 rounds per level.
Bonus to strike: +8. Unnerringly accurate, targets are -4 to dodge and the attack bypasses natural or worn armour (but will not affect people in powersuits, nor will it effect non living or non sentient targets)
Effect: The target when struck must make a saving throw vs psionics when struck. a successful save means the target is fine. a failed save means that the target suffers a wracking pain as his body hurts itself, hemmoraging internally and manifesting wounds. the target takes 1HP damage per level, but the character will believe he has takes 4D6 +1D6 damage per level. furthermore, while the effect persists (see duration above) the target suffers from -1 attack per melee and -2 to all combat moves due to pain and discomfort)
special effect: if the character psoesses another power with a psionic saving throw requirement, he may link it to this power. if the character hits, the target makes a single save (at -2) and if he fails he is affected by both powers (counts as the actions normally required for the pwer +1 for this one)
Other benefits: the character is mildly resistant to electrcity (half damage) and gains +2 to saving throws vs electrical or bio-energy type effects (disruptive touch included)

Batts
"Sorry Drewkitty, the laws of physics were defeated by Iczer way back in like, the first ten pages of this thread." A.J. Pickett
Roscoe Del'Tane
Adventurer

Unread post by Roscoe Del'Tane »

Just a small one that I’ve had bouncing around my head for awhile now, pretty sure that somebody else has already posted one similar to it though.

Multivision [major] by Roscoe Del'Tane
"Dang it! It's Omni-Sight. O-M-N-I…S-I-G-H-T! Not omniscient! Stupid reporters can’t even get my stupid name straight."

This character has a plethora of vision enhancements, making them invaluable to a multitude of situations.

1) Spherical Vision: An enhancement on the minor power, not only can they see in a full sphere, but they can project their point of view to any point within that sphere. While they are able to see in s full sphere, they send their vision out in sweeps, so it is possible to get the drop in these characters, merely insanely difficult (they can do a dozen full sweeps of their range within one melee action). The character never gets dizzy, due to their habit of sending their POV off on strange jaunts, and the do not get travel-sick either.

Bonuses: The character gets +1 to initiative and +4 auto dodge so long as the attack takes place within their field of vision.

2) Others: The character has five more vision enhancing powers (circular vision, for obvious reasons, is not on the list). Only one vision power can be used at one time at level one (beyond power #1), and one more for each level after that.

3) Odds and ends: The character is less likely to be blinded that others, enjoying a +3 to save from airborne irritants due to being able to simply move their POV. Blinding lights will still blind them if caught unawares though.
Perceptive mind: The character tends to notice things that others might miss, gaining a +3 to observation rolls, and has a 25%+5% per level chance of detecting false or modified memories.
Lesser, but Stronger: If the player wishes, the character can have one less vision power, but the others start out three levels higher. Only one vision power can be given up this way, and it cannot be Sphereical Vision.
You'd be suprised at what the G.M. will allow with a little blackmail and bribery...

"Jack! You've debauched my sloth!" - Steven Matrin

"Artillery is the King of the Battlefield, Infantry is the Queen; and everybody knows what the King does to the Queen."- Stuart, from StarDestroyer.net
taalismn
Priest

Iczer wrote:Dust bomb [Minor]
'And >>Bampf<< I'm gone'

The character can genrate a fine silt that hangs in the air and obscures vision.
1) Dust cloud: the character creates a cloud of dust in a 20 foot radius out to 20 feet. The dust cloud obscures vision (opponents have -4 to strike, parry and dodge when attacking within or through the cloud. Those without breathing protection, will find the choking dust to inhibit concentration, suffering -2 to initiative and -1 attack per melee from the choking, cloying air. a dust cloud typically lasts 1D4 melees plus 1d4 per level, but this is halved in winds of 20Mph, quartered at 40Mph and is impossible in 60mph winds or greater.
2) dust bomb: the character can generate the cloud as a bundle of compacted dust whcih he can project at an opponent. The character can target an individual out to 80 feet away with +2 to strike. The bundle inflicts 1D4 damage per level and feels like a hit from a thrown baseball. after striking, the ball explodes creating a dustcloud with a radius of 10 feet and a duration of 1 melee round per level. (otherwise just like #1)

Batts

I'm really glad now I already created the Suction power....Vac-Man to the rescue! :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Roscoe Del'Tane
Adventurer

Crud, yeah I did. Its just that it was late, I wanted to get this posted, and didn't really want to have to go looking through all my books to find that wording. Thanks for the correction Mr. Finesse! :ok:
You'd be suprised at what the G.M. will allow with a little blackmail and bribery...

"Artillery is the King of the Battlefield, Infantry is the Queen; and everybody knows what the King does to the Queen."- Stuart, from StarDestroyer.net
Senator Cybus
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: Save me, Barry!

Unread post by Senator Cybus »

Assimilation

By Senator Cybus

"You know, I see a lot of myself in you."

This ability allows the super being to create an army of loyal followers, by converting the bodies of other people into clones of himself! With just a touch, the character can overwrite the physiology of his targets, replacing their identities with his own.

These assimilated beings have the exact same skills, attributes, powers and memories as the super being, exact for the ability of Assimilation; only the hero can create duplicates.

Unlike the clones created through use of the Multiple Beings power, these copies are not telepathically linked to the super being or each other; he cannot sense their location or mental state at a distance. However, they are 100% loyal to him and will follow all of his commands without question or complaint. The death of a copy does not affect the super being in any way. Equally, the death of the super being will not cause the duplicates to disappear or revert to normal.

The amount of clones that the character can create is limited by the amount of bio-energy he can generate and channel: he can create a number of duplicates per 24 hours equal to his experience level x 20 (20 per day at level one, forty at level two and so on).

Note: Fighting these clones can present a problem for opponents with good alignments; the copies may be innocent bystanders, forced to transform and fight against their will, but no less deadly because of that.

Range: Touch.

Duration: Assimilation lasts for one hour plus 30 minutes per level of experience (90 minutes at level one, 2 hours at level two and so on). After that, the targets of the attack revert to normal with no memory of what happened to them, though any injuries they suffered while transformed will remain (which may be enough to kill them if their normal bodies are substantially weaker than the clone form).

Attacks Per Melee: The Assimilation touch uses up only one attack/action. Actually transforming into a duplicate takes 1D4 melee rounds, during which the target can only writhe around in pain as their body is taken over. At the end of this time, they rise up as a clone, ready for orders.

Saving Throw: 14 or higher (P.E. bonuses applicable).

Bonuses: The hero is +4 to save vs. the Assimilation power of other super beings and +2 to save vs. any attack or effect that would cause physical transformation.

Limitations: The super being must touch the target’s bare skin to trigger the change; even a thin layer of clothing is enough to prevent the transformation.

Assimilation does not affect cyborgs, robots, Gestalts, Symbiotes, creatures of magic or supernatural beings (except for Mega-Heroes, who can be assimilated, but have a bonus of +2 to save against it). Characters with the powers of Impervious to Control & Possession or Impervious to Disease & Illness are also completely immune to the effect. Characters with Alter Physical Structure powers that enable them to transform into inorganic or energy-based forms are protected against Assimilation for as long as they remain in their alternate state; reverting to human renders them vulnerable to the effect.

Magical, psionic or superhuman healing powers can neutralise the assimilation: targeting a clone with any spell or ability that destroys or alleviates disease will instantly turn them back to normal (though getting them to hold still while you do this is another matter).
taalismn
Priest

Ouch...that's nasty...
I can see some major Insanities arising from heroes killing Assimilated people, thinking they're the bad guy, only to discover they're just innocent people turned into disposable minions...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

(With thanks to Mephisto)
Stand-In(Minor)
“Nice little family here, Sharpshot...pity I’m standing right next to them, eh?”
Stand-In is a reality-warping ability that causes any physical attacks (including energy blasts, bullets, arrows, thrown fists, etc..) on the superbeing with the power to be diverted to the nearest other person in range. This power can be particularly nasty if activated in a crowd of bystanders.
If nobody is in range of the power, the attack hits its intended target as normal. Magic and Psionic attacks are NOT diverted by this power. Gases, toxins, and area of effect weapons are also not affected by the power(though, if for example, a fragmentation grenade is lobbed at Mister Pong, the actual projectile is now aimed at the goon standing twenty feet to his side...if the grenade had been aimed at somebody else and Mister Pong was caught in the radius of flying shrapnel, he still takes damage as normal).
Range: 50 ft +5 ft per level of experience
Duration: Costs 2 actions/attacks per melee to maintain

ScapeGoat(Major)
“Ugly yellow rodent guy...I choose YOU!”
ScapeGoat is the Major form of the Minor power Stand-In. It has longer range, is easier to maintain, and the superbeing can SELECT a specific person to take the damage, rather than simply the nearest available person. As long as the chosen ‘scapegoat’ remains within the range of the power while it is activated, any physical attacks and damage aimed at the superbeing will continue to find their way to the ‘tagged’ person. Similarly, magic and psionic attacks are NOT affected by this power.
Range: 100 ft +10 ft per level of experience
Duration: Costs 1 action/attack per melee to maintain
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Roscoe Del'Tane
Adventurer

Eruption [minor] by Roscoe Del'Tane
"BOLT THREE!"

This power is similar in many regards to the generic EE powers, only instead of firing a bolt of energy at an opponent from your hands or eyes, the character causes it to erupt from the ground.

1) Bolt: The character can choose ONE energy type from any of the minor energy expulsion powers, and cause it to explode out of the ground at specific points.
Range: Can be created up to 50 feet away (+2 feet per additional level), and shoots up to a maximum of 10 feet (+1 feet per additional level). Extra height or range can be controlled as the user wants.
Damage: Standard for that type of energy, each bolt counts as one action. (Note: If the character is flying, or in some position where there is no 'ground' within range, this power is essentially un-usable)

2) Mine: The character can create 'mines' that will explode if others cross them ('others' is defined as any living being that weighs more than 50 pounds). The range for placing the mines is half that of the Bolts, but as many can be created as the user wants. It costs two melee actions to create one mine, and the mine will last for one hour per odd level. Those triggering the mines are at -3 to dodge them due to the fact that they blend in perfectly with the ground.

3) Odds and ends: Once the character hits fifth level they can either choose another type of energy (starts out at level three strength and range) OR they can cause the Bolts to erupt from the ceiling and walls as well as the floor. Choose again at levels 10 and 15.
Character is resistant to the types of energy they choose, half damage.

Outsource Biological Functions [minor] by Roscoe Del’Tane
"Nah, its okay, I don’t need an air tank.”

The character is able to create physical constructs that will take care of certain physical needs and demands.

1) Create Outsource Object (the OO): The OO can take on just about any shape so long as it isn’t more than 10 cubic inches and more than two pounds of matter. The matter comes from the characters body and costs them 2 S.D.C. to make. Once made, they object has a form of adhesion, allowing it to stick to wherever it is placed, and prevent it from being moved. The character can create one OO at level one, and another at levels 4, 8, and 12.

2) Using OO: Once the object is created, the character can use it to handle physical needs instead of devoting time and energy to it themselves.
Eating: If the OO placed within an object containing food, it will slowly absorb it, allowing the character to ignore the demands of food upon their person.
Drinking: The same as eating, only with liquids.
Breathing: Put in a place with clean air, it will allow the user to breathe freely, with no worries about what pollutants might be in the air. They will automatically save vs. airborne poisons and toxins as long as they keep their mouth closed.
Excretion: Just the opposite of all the above, instead of taking IN, this puts OUT. You want to put this one in an appropriate (or in an IN-appropriate)spot.

Odds and Ends: When an OO is crated, it only has 15 hit points, is very fragile (with a -3 to all savings throws), and will only last one week per level of experience. That’s all in addition to being blatantly obvious to spot, it’s the large flesh colored thingy hanging from the ceiling/chair/stewpot, etc.
If the character is very close (genetically speaking that is, brother/sister or mother/father) they can make a OO for them, but it will only last three days tops, and cost them 5 Hit Points.
The character can tell where their OO are, so they will know the moment that one is moved or touched.
If the Character has any APS powers, the OO does NOT change with them.

taalismn
Priest

Reciprocity(Major)
“Oh, you’re really hurting me now, but just you wait...”
This power simply returns the exact amount of damage inflicted on a character back to its source. This is NOT a reflection spell; the original target still takes the damage of the attack, but the attacker then receives in turn the same amount of damage. Mitigating factors like resistance to specific attack types just don’t apply; if PyroTech’s fire blast does 24 points of damage to MirrorMaze, the pyrokinetic doesn’t get a fire blast in return that his Resistance to Fire will defeat; he takes the full 24 points of damage. On the plus side, if MirroMaze has a resistance to fire that whittles the blast down to 12 points of inflicted damage, then Pyrotech will only take 12 points back; it’s the actual damage inflicted.
While this power is active(costing an APM per melee), the superbeing CANNOT dodge or parry; he has to stand there and soak up the damage. Likewise, he CANNOT activate any sort of advanced regenerative abilities or powers while Reciprocity is in effect.
The Reciprocity effect takes place at the end of the melee that the damage is being inflicted, but the superbeing can elect to hold off on the snap-back, by expending an additional one action/attack per melee to fight the natural inclination to get down to healing...then letting the bad guy have the damage all at once. Of course, again, while the superbeing is holding onto the damage, he cannot heal himself until he turns off the power.
(Example: The Unloved is being beaten by SlaveDriver...Being pretty tough, fatalistic, and a little vengeful, The Unloved decides to sit there and take the lead pipe shots for the better part of a minute, spending 1 APM the first melee to activate his Reciprocity power, and two actions for the following two melees---one to keep the power active, and the other to hold back the slingshot effect---he takes 30 damage the first melee, 35 the second, and 28 the third, for a total of 93 damage...well below his 180 SDC...before he decides he’s had enough and lets go his pain at the end of the third melee...SlaveDriver gets smacked with 93 points of damage all at once...with only 80 SDC, SlaveDriver finds his hit points being eaten into as it feels like he gets hit by a runaway semi, and collapses to the floor in agony. The Unloved activates his dormant Self-Regeneration power and pops his dislocated arm back into place while deciding what to do about the incapacitated SlaveDriver.)
The limitations of this power are that the super being still takes damage. Ideally, when using this power, the superbeing has damage capability to burn, taking a relatively light wound while his weaker attacker gets annihilated by the feedback. In less auspicious cases, the superbeing dies, but gets a posthumous parting shot at his opponent.
Range: 100 ft +20 ft per level of experience
Duration: Costs 1 APM to keep active, +1 APM to delay the reciprocity effect
Other Bonuses: *Heals Twice as Fast as Normal
*+1d4 to P.E.
*+1 to save versus pain/insanity
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

I am working on a few, including Eternal (major) and Roling Thunder (minor).
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Osmium wrote:Couln't the power Particluar also be used to convert elements on the periodic table (including manmade ones by adding ele trons protons and neutrons???

Potentially, but I was trying to give the power limits to keep it from being way too powerful.
taalismn
Priest

You're very welcome. :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Senator Cybus
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: Save me, Barry!

Unread post by Senator Cybus »

Indeed. :) Glad you liked it!
taalismn
Priest

. wrote:
I also liked ScapeGoat By Taalismn.
I chose to change it out abit, as it was a major power I gave the option to Change out with inanimate objects as well (ALA replacemnet Jutsu). I also gave it weight and save limitation/requirements.
But I still love it.

You mean something like: can select an inanimate object, but must be of roughly the same size or mass as the character, give/take 20%? So if the superbeing weighs about 200 lbs, he can designate any nearby object within 160-240 lbs to be the target in his place? (suddenly an innocent unsuspecting park hedge attracts a fatal barrage of photon bolts as the Tagger gets chased through Central Park by SunKill)..

May have to retcon that into the OP... :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

I get that feeling about once a week

Batts
taalismn
Priest

Yeah...being a lurker here, I feel obliged to occasionally earn my keep somehow... :)
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

. wrote:Unsurpassable Energy Expulsion: [Major] By Steeler49er
"No power on Earth can stop Me!...Oh! Yourrrrr Invulnerable... Huh...Crud"

The super possesses a superior form of the common , minor, Energy Expulsion powers. This power is differant from other Super Energy Expusion powers in that it does not possess any additional effects such as an explosive aura, energy absorbtion and redirection, nor riccochet attacks. It also starts out much weaker and requires a personal expendature of energy to do much damage, However it can be, unlike the other afforementioned powers, pushed to Much greater extremes.
All other aspects of this power will be based on the specific type of energy choosen. Microwaves, for instance, will pass through most materials, but has minimal effect on metals/armors (1/20th damage.) and Heat is mostly invisable, thus reducing the opponets doge bonuse, but also reduing damage by half.

Range: 100ft per level.
Damage: 1D6 plus a number of D6 per level equal to the New level. (IE: 1D6 at level 1, +2D6 at level two, for a total of +3D6. Plus 3D6 at level 3, for a total of 6D6...etc.).
Boost: By making a PE save at Difficulty of 18, the super can increase the effective level of the expulsion for a single blast by one, for every point the save is made by. This blast drains the super of their energy reserves.This reserve is drawn from Bio-Energy, but PPE, Chi, ISP, or PTP (Power Touch & Generate force Feild-Points) can be easily substitute in it's place, but once chosen this will remain the reserve permanentaly. For every point of success, one point of Bio-E is lost. The super may choose to not pay for some of the level increases.

Save Bonuse: The super gains +1 towards making this roll EoL (Every Other Level), as well as being able to spend BIO-E on a 1:1 bases to gain +1 to save. This Bio-E is lost regardless of the success of the roll. If a Natural 20 is rolled, the super may reroll at -1 adding the results. The Maximum Bio-E spendable (For a save bonuse only) in one attack is equal to the supers PE, plus ¼ PE per level.

BIO-E: is equal to PEx50 +3D6 per level. Bio-E regenerates at a rate of 1 point per melee. When (and everytime) the supers base Bio-E reserve drops by 20%, the recovery rate increases by one step (IE: increasing from Melees to Miniutes, Miniutes to 10's of Miniutes, Then to one point per Hour, one per 6hrs., and finaly 1 point per Day). The recovery time decreases by one for every 20% of Bio-E recovered.
In Addition, for every 20% Loss in Bio-E the super suffers, it's combat & Save bonuses drop by 1/8th, and returns as Bio-E returns.

Failure: Conversly reduces BIO-E by 1 for every point the roll failed by. Natural 1's are rerolled (at +1) moving into the negative.

Eggggadddddd..... :shock:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

(Fires off a tactical nuclear plasma firework)
(we're saving the anti-matter for the Grand Finale tonight) 8)
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Mephisto wrote:
taalismn wrote:(Fires off a tactical nuclear plasma firework)
(we're saving the anti-matter for the Grand Finale tonight) 8)

Did you just start off a war in a small South American country with that? 8-)

No, but Connecticut's looking a little overdone right now... :nuke:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Planetfall (minor) by Stone Gargoyle
"For the last time, I'm NOT committing suicide, I'm just taking the quick way down."

The hero can survive falls from any height and take no damage. There is no damage from friction or the extreme cold of the upper atmosphere (the hero is impervious to fire and heat, cold and pressure when falling). The hero will take normal strike damage from a hit, but no additional damage from impacts with walls, glass windows, etc. He can also do an AutoRoll with Punch/Impact at +4 without using up an attack.
While the hero is impervious to damage while falling, this protection stops the moment the hero stops (so if he falls into the ocean he can still drown, he will still be burned horribly if falling into lava of an active volcano, he will still asphyxiate in toxic or airless environments, etc.). The hero must be falling for this power to be active (being pulled down by gravity).

Other Abilities and Bonuses:
+4d6 Hit Points
+3d6 SDC
+1d4 PE

Rolling Thunder (minor) by Stone Gargoyle
The hero can exercise control of electricity, drawing it toward himself and shaping it.

1.Bio-Electrical Extension: The hero can extend part of his own energy in a way similar to telekinesis, but rather than grabbing objects, the hero grabs electricity. This allows him to draw electrical energy within 40 feet, plus 5 feet per level, towards himself, and hold it for up to a full melee round before releasing it.
grabbing the energy uses one melee attack/action. The energy is held at a maximum distance in feet equal to the hero's ME attibute number. The energy must be held at a distance of at least 3 feet away to prevent the hero himself from taking damage. This will affect all energy sources within range, including Energy Expulsion attacks by other superbeings who come within range. If an attack is directed towards the hero himself, the hero can roll a parry with no bonuses to stop it and keep it under control. Otherwise grabbing the energy requires a roll to strike to grab the energy (d20) with no bonuses. The hero can stop electrical damage only equal to the maximum amount he can inflict with the energy (see Electrical Attack below), with any extra electrical energy continuing on its original path or remaining in its place of origin.
Even when not grabbing the electrical energy, the hero is Resisitant to Electrical Attack (half damage, +4 to save vs. Electrical Shock).

2.Electrical Attack: Once holding the energy, the hero can shape it into spheres and throw them for his ME attribute number X10 feet, as objects of electricity. He can do so as a normal attack while holding the energy, throwing part or all of the energy held. The hero can control and throw electrical energy, doing up to 4d6 damage, plus 1d6 per level, with a +2 bonus to strike. A Critical Failure (Natural 1) roll will cause him to lose control of the energy entirely. While held, the hero can divide the attacks, breaking the whole potential energy damage amount into multiple attacks which subtract from the total energy (so energy capable of a total of 4d6 damage can be broken into 4 attacks doing 1d6 each, 2 attacks doing 2d6 each or id6 and 3d6 respectively, etc.).

3.Other Abilities and Bonuses: +1d4 ME
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Endless (Major) by Stone Gargoyle
"If you kill me, I WILL be back to seek revenge."

The superbeing has a type of transference immortality which is accomplished by the creation of a counterpart which assumes the identity after the duration of the Current Host's tolerance.

1.Transference Immortality: The superbeing's mental faculties (IQ, MA and ME) are transferred between Hosts following the death of his original body but can only remain in a given Host for a limited amount of years. Since the Host is created by the superbeing through immaculate conception in an unwitting surrogate mother (though he could enlist a willing subject if desired) at the exact same time as he occupies a Ready and Waiting Host, he always has a new vessel to transfer into. Until the superbeing occupies a new Host, the Ready and Waiting Host shares experience with the Current Host.
Saving Throw: The surrogate mother can save vs. immaculate conception as a save vs. Magic (14 or betrter, PE bonus applies). The superbeing can attempt such conception a number of times equal to his ME attribute number, but if he fails to create a Ready and Waiting Host, he can attempt to transfer upon death or the end of his tolerance limit for the Current Host, to an Unwilling Host. The Unwiling Host is able to Save vs. Magic to avoid such possession (12 or better, PE bonus applies), and the hero only gets one shot at it and will die if failing to transfer.
Range: The target surrogate or Unwilling Host must be within 200 feet, plus 20 feet per level, of the superbeing, Line of Sight.
Duration: The superbeing can remain in a Current Host until killed or a maximum limit of 8+2d6 years if transferring to a Ready and Waiting Host, but only a maximum 1d4 years in an Unwilling Host (transfer to an Unwilling Host will initiate the immaculate conception process, however, so all is not lost).
Shared Experience: The Current Host will give 10% of his experience to the Ready and Waiting Host. If occupying an Unwilling Host, 50% of the hero's experience goes to the Host, and since the Unwilling Host will remember everything that happens while acting as the Current Host and be able to sense future Hosts of the superbeing, they may seek retaliation. A Ready and Willing Host is totally vacated after use, leaving the body of the Abandoned Host as a mental vegetable, completely unable to survive on its own.

3.Powers and Skills:
Skills: Skills possessed by the superbeing are retained at full performance percentage after the transference regardless of the current level of the Host, but Physical skills and Weapon Proficiencies are not transferred. The Ready and Waiting Host will retain any Physical skills, Weapon Proficiencies and Hand to Hand style possessed prior to the transference when becoming the Current Host. The skills possessed by the superbeing can go beyond 98% (to offset penalties).
The Current Host will possess all the knowledge and memories possessed by the previous Host but talk about them as if belonging to another person, having a very objective perspective. An Abandoned Unwilling Host will retain the knowledge and memories of the superbeing for 1d4 months following the end of his use as the Current Host but will forget everything other than his experiences as the Host within 1d4 months, losing the memories and suffering temporary amnesia for 1d4 months after that.
Powers: The Host will gain the superbeing's powers at their own current experience level, usually 2d4 levels lower than the previous Host, but this will depend on the length of time the previous Host was in use and their experience level.
In the case of an Unwilling Host, there is a 30% chance that the experience of being a Host will trigger latent superabilities, appearing 1d4 months following when the superbeing stops using them as a Host. Such powers will begin at level one as per the Mutant category.

3.Limitations: The superbeing cannot transfer into other superbeings and the Unwilling Host must be of the same species as the superbeing and possess no augmentation by way of Bionics, Cybernetics, Eugenics, Cybergenics or Nano-Technology).

4.Other Abilities and Bonuses (All Bonuses Transfer with each new Host):
Impervious to Mind Control and Possession
+4 to save vs. Pain, Shock and Trauma
+20% to save vs. Coma/Death
+2 to save vs. Disease
+4 to save vs. Poisons and Toxins
Heals at twice normal rate
+2d6 Hit Points
+1d4X10 SDC
Last edited by Stone Gargoyle on Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

. wrote:AWSOME!!! S-Gargoyle
Planet falls exactly what I needed for this game I'm in. My PC's a Mutant in an CENSORED game, and I was in space and needed to get down. He has "Bend Reality" By Izcer, but I was in free fall with only 78'BRP's left. And in our game, using a major SP takes up 3-BRP's per action/3seconds. I'll end up running out of points Long before I exit the upper atmosphere using Invulnerability.

But Minors (In our game) only use "1" BRP per action, which gives me 3.5 min of falling. Now I'll survive! :) Danka, I hate rolling up new PC's so soon in a game

That's one that actually took me a while because I wanted to give it benefits you couldn't get with just a flying ability.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Eternal (Major) by Stone Gargoyle
"Wow, it seems like I been here forever."

The hero generates a kind of bioelectrical energy field which absorbs shock, prevents bleeding, filters oxygen, and puts hisd body into a kind of waking stasis. Put simply, the hero does not suffer the effects of aging (good or bad), becoming permanently stuck at the emotional and physical age when the power manifested itself.

1.Imperviousness: The hero is impervious to cold and freezing, and heat and fire, and has a Natural AR of 12, plus 1 at levels 4, 7, 11 and 15. The field also makes the hero impervious to the pressure of deep ocean depths and the vaccuum of space. This also prevents the hero from suffering the effects of blunt force trauma, allowing him to fall from great heights or and take physical attacks and take only 1/4 damage.

2.Self-Contained: The hero's energy seals the body, preventing bleeding, so the hero will not take any additional damage to Hit Points or SDC due to blood loss. This allows severed limbs to remain in place, held by the hero's energy field, while the limb heals back into place. The hero does not possess any great healing powers, however, and only heals at twice normal rate.
The drawback of this is that the hero cannot be operated on by normal means and takes twice the normal amount of time to recover from infection, poison or harmful toxins, and fatigues at twice normal rate since his body does not sweat and can hold in harmful toxinf released by sweating.

3.Filtration: The hero can breathe underwater or in potentially toxic environments since his energy field filters out harmful gases and collects oxygen for him to breathe. As long as there is at least 2% oxygen, the character can breathe normally.

4.Immortality: The hero is immune to the harmful effects of gravity on the body, allowing him to resist aging. The harmful effects of the sun are also blocked. The down side of this is that the energy also prevents growth of the body (does not gain any bonuses from physical skills) and will remain the apparent age he was when the power became active. The hero is also -4 to save vs. Horror Factor, Insanity and magic.
The hero cannot be killed, so sustaining excessive damage to Hit Points and SDc will put the hero into a healing coma until he can heal the damage. Recovering from 0 to negative Hit Points takes a long time, and all Hit Points must be restored first before any SDc is repaired. Since the hero willappear for all intents and purposes to be dead, care should be taken to prevent entombment or burial of his body resulting in imprisonment.
Bonuses: +10% to save vs. Coma/Death, +1d4 PE

5.Other Abilities and Bonuses:
+2d6 Hit Points
+2d6 SDC
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

. wrote:Rolling Thunder (minor) by Stone Gargoyle

"I'm sorry, Did I Steal your thunder?"

It Fits eh?

Yeah, that works. :)
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Mr_Finesse wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:Saving Throw: The surrogate mother can save vs. immaculate conception

hahaha you make me chuckle every time SG...nice set of new powers!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks! :D
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

. wrote:Question about "Endless"... How does it work again? :-?

I'm not sure what's going on in the power.
○ Is there a range for possession?

Yes, I just forgot to include it. I have edited the post to include that.
○ Does the Super posses any kind of control over the host?

The superbeing totally controls the Current Host, but a Ready and Waiting Host is a person created for him to trransfer into.
○ If you possess a willing host, when you vacate, does said host become a vegetable?

They become a vegetable because the superbeing assumes their identity and merges with their mind, leaving nothing of them behind when her is forced out.
○ What happens if you possess a male, does he become pregnant?

Possession of a Host is like taking their body and using it as your own. In an Unwilling Host, it is like the Possession superability. In a Ready and Waiting Host, it is totally merging with them.
○ Can you possess only those of your own race?

You can only recreate yourself or possess someone like you, so it must be someone of your species and race.
○ At what stage do you possess the infants body?, can you choose.

Ideally you want the Host to be old enough to act as an adult, but if the Current Host dies then you have no choice but to take a young body since it the only one available. The occupancy time varies, which is the main drawback of this power. If you assume a new body too soon, it may not have any powers available to it.
○ Since Both the super & the possessed are named as "Host", I'm not sure who is ganning the exp.?

The superbeing gives his Ready and Waiting Host experience to boost its level before he occupies it but still takes most of the exp. In the case of an Unwilling Host, it is like you are sharing consciousness like Possession, so the superbeing must share exp. with the possessed person equally.
○ If you possess a female and you "immaculate", then jump into the infants body, what race will the child be born as?
►The females? ►Your own? Or ► A combo of the two?

You are recreating yourself as close as possible, but the DNA would match the mother.
○ What Gender will you be born as? Random, or your own?

Your own.
○ If your born female due to either, randomness, or due to the super being female to begin with, Can you immaculate again once you hit puberty?
(Asuming you reach that age).

The Immaculate Conception is not like sex. It is like a part of your essence entering another person and forcing their body to create a clone of you.
○ Can you immaculate a host without possessing them?
if so...

The surrogate is not possessed, just the child she produces.
○ Should you die/be killed, how far can your essence travel to reach the surrogate/infants body?

I just left that kind of up to the Gm running the game. It can be considered unlimited, however, since the superbeing has prepared the body and his spirit will enter it upon death or losing control of the Host he occupies before taking the new one over.
taalismn
Priest

Agreed..woah....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

. wrote:WOOT...Cool...

"Devious a power hath ner walked the earth."

But to get this right about the Willing host, You actualy Conjure it? How long does it take to create?

Thanx fer yer quik reply.

The child is just that and takes the normal time to grow. It is a magical effect but not actually a spell, happening automatically when the superbeing dies. The Unwilling Host idea was just a failsafe I put in the power, since the superbeing with an ME of 12 would get 12 attempts to create a transfer vessel via immaculate conception but just one attempt to jump into someone via possession (with not a very great chance of success and then having to almost immediately vacate the new vessel to occupy a child betwwen 3 months old and 3 years 9 months, since part of the possession duration the surrogate mother would have to carry the child )in the case of not having a new body prepared.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Leon Kennedy wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:
. wrote:WOOT...Cool...

"Devious a power hath ner walked the earth."

But to get this right about the Willing host, You actualy Conjure it? How long does it take to create?

Thanx fer yer quik reply.

The child is just that and takes the normal time to grow. It is a magical effect but not actually a spell, happening automatically when the superbeing dies. The Unwilling Host idea was just a failsafe I put in the power, since the superbeing with an ME of 12 would get 12 attempts to create a transfer vessel via immaculate conception but just one attempt to jump into someone via possession (with not a very great chance of success and then having to almost immediately vacate the new vessel to occupy a child betwwen 3 months old and 3 years 9 months, since part of the possession duration the surrogate mother would have to carry the child )in the case of not having a new body prepared.

I just got an image in my head similar to all those bugs bunny cartoons where a bank robber looks like a small child and dresses up like a baby.

http://www.cartoonbrew.com/archives/babyface2.jpg

That was partly the inspiration, but it was mainly inspired by the fact that there are characters in myuthology who seem to be reborn to human parents but basically reincarnate the same god over and over, making him perpetually young (Hermes himself was described as being born with the ability to talk). So this was one of my deity inspired powers. :D I am glad all of you liked it.
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

Rock shuffle: Major
'We will, we will ROCK YOU!!'

The character can cause rock, stone earth and even concrete to buckle, break and teleport.
By concentrating and expending three actions, the character causes a random stone or earthern structure to take 1D6x10 dmage (+5 per level). The rock transports to a location desired by the character.
By materialising the rock overhead, it causes a cascade of heavy stone that inflicts 1d6 Damage (+5 per level) to a target, OR as a shower of sharpened stone spikes inflicting 4D6 damage to targets over a 15 foot radius, OR simply pulverise the stone and use it to create a dust cloud over a 20 foot radius (lasts 1D4 melee rounds unless blow away)
Range: the target stone or rock will be within 100 feet of the character. the character can target individuals with the stone attack up to a further 100 feet away.
Bonus to strike: +6 to gently place accumulated stone and rock. +2 to strike when aiming at a target. Note the character has very little control over elevation, and cannot teleport any rock or stone more than 20 feet in the air.
Extra effect: the character can expend an additional action for finer control. If he does so, he can precisely target the source of the stone. this has the following effects and possibilities.
* Can start tunnelling by teleporting stone and earth out of his way. can move at a rate of 10 feet per melee round through rock, earth and stone, and can fill in any tunnell behind him.
* can target characters coated in or made of stone (or crystal, or mineral aliens). The target can make a saving throw (14+ PE bonuses apply). if successful, he takes half damage (only half as much stone is teleported out of the target) which results in half damage from the next resulting attack (which can be the original target..effectively striking him with his own severed body mass)
* Can use this power to reduce the damage of falling rocks and rockslides by teleporting stony matter to the side (any damage inflicted is reduced by the normal damage roll)
* can use this power at lower levels, and simply cut and sculpt stone, rock and earth (adds +10% to art: sculpting )
* can attempt to open up a pit under someone (as long as they are standing on open soil or rock). 1D6x10 damage (+5 per level) isn't much of a hole though (about three feet deep) The target may dodge (at -4) to avoid the pit. a failed dodge means the target trips and falls.
* can simply be used to move earth and sand from one place to another.

Other bonuses: as an aside, takes half damage from stone objects and weapons.

Metapsychic [Major]
'Yeah..your mistake was thinking I'm all brawn'

The character can alter his makeup, concentrating his power inwardly, and shrinking from superhuman to mere mortal, but gaining powerfull psychic mastery.

1) The transformation: transforming oneself from superhuman to psychic takes one melee during which time the character is unable to move, or do much more than grunt. being interupted in this time cancels the effect. Transformation in reverse takes the same amount of time and effort.
2) Changes: The character loses all superhuman powers. All attributes drop to human scale (maximum of 30 in any attribute, none of which are extraordinary) and his SDC is halved.
He gains 10 ISP per level, plus his ME attribute, as well as a bonus equal to the lost SDC.
He also gains 2 super psionic powers and 6 lesser psionic powers. These are chosen when the character is created and he does not gain any more as he progresses. His saving throw vs psionics becomes 10 (as if he were a master psionic). Optionally, there may be some other alterations to the character's appearance when he changes (may lose bulk, or mutations may dissapear (or appear?!?!))
3) consequences: Spent ISP comes off his 'bonus' amount (ME +10 per level) first. if he should transform back into his super powered form his normal ISP (not his bonus) transfers back into SDC. if he uses up his bonus ISP and starts eating away at his normal ISP then when he changes back he will experience some SDC loss. Likewise, if in his psionic form, His ISP recovers at a rate of 2 per hour (6 if meditating).

Bio-Muscle [minor]
'The older I get, the stronger I become'

The character can Transfer his life force into pure muscle.
By making the transformation, the character loses 1D4 HP and 1D6 SDC. He then immeadiately uses his HP total as his PS attribute. (treated as superhuman strength). He also gains an AR of 10 during the process.
Every melee round, if the character continues to use this power, he loses another 1D4 Hp (and therefore PS) and 1D6 SDC until the character stops, or until His HP total drops to 10 or less. (which cancels the power)
The character can instead, increase speed. in which case the drain is less potent, losing 1HP and 1SDC per minute while using his HP score as his Spd attribute.
at any rate, the character recovers HP faster than the average man, gaining an extra 2 HP per day of rest and recovery. if his HP score is below his PS score, he recovers 1 HP per minute (as long as he is alive that is. at below zero, the character can add his PS score to his save vs coma death)

Pull power: [major]
'fire in the hole'

The character can cause a source of energy to rush 60 feet (+10 feet per level) toward him, extinguishing itself on his body. any source of energy can be called to him, barring kinetic, and it races along a straight line to him. He is immune to this summoned energy. all other energy damage is halved. This power has a number of applications.
1) Strike another. If a solid object, or even living being is between the character and the source of energy, the character can attempt to strike that target. typically the target is blindsided by this form of attack. If unaware, then he has no defence against it. Once he is aware that he is being shot from oblique angles, he may attempt to dodge as normal (but at -4). Characters with danger sense, or circular vision are not taken aback by this type of attack. The character can even target characters with energy powers as a power source.
2) Parry energy attacks. the character can parry energy attacks for himself or others, as long as the energy attack comes within 60 feet of himself. He can expend an action to simply drag the attack toward him (roll a parry with a +6 modifier only) or may expend half his attacks per melee to auto parry all energy attacks in hhis 60 foot radius. he may autoparry attacks leveled at himself without expending any actions.
3) Extinguish power: Obviously if the soruce of power is not maintained, this power interupts it. Pulling heat from a fire will reduce it's strength, and may even go out if applied enough times. Pulling the power from a wall socket is likely to roll the house into a brown out until he stops.
4) Damage: The character can pull 3D6 damage from a power source, plus 1D6 per level, but cannot pull more than the power source could provide. power in excess of this amount acts as normal (but may be skewed, or reduced in potency) If the character pulls or parries an attack to himself, he may charge himself with that damage, and release it on his next action (either full damage by a touch or half damage as a beam of energy out to 50 feet). he cannot hold any charge longer than a few seconds, so if not used it is wasted.

Inertial manipulation: [major]
'Whoa.....nice tackle'

The character can alter some of the fundamental aspects of inertia
1) inertial parry. The character can negate the inertia on a target. That target stops as if colliding with a wall or other solid object with just enough solidity to stop an object cold. He may make a normal parry attempt against any ranged attack, inclluding charges, body block tackles and leap attacks (jump kicks). If the parry is successfull, then the target runs into a a virtual wall. bullets and projectiles drop from the sky. If the target was a human (or vehicle) it acts as if it has collided with a solid object some 1d4x10 feet away from the character. (this can be tragic for super speedsters). normal people take 2D4 damage from such a collision. Characters moving at 2/3rd thier spd score or less are unnafected (they feel it, but they can just push ahead)
2) inertial defences. Kinetic attacks deal half damage, though the character takes full damage from grapples and being crushed. The character takes no damage from falls, including body flip/throws as he has no momentum.
3) Increase inertia:the character can control the application of inertia to essentially reach near top speed with very little effort. Rather than overcome inertia, he simply allows himself to ignore it. His rapid ability to takeoff grants him a +4 to dodge (or +2 to autododge) and he can make his maximum leaps and jumps without a run up. He can also stop on a dime and take corners at incredible speeds (in reality he just stops turns and then hits his maximum speed)
4) flip: the character can attempt to cancel out the inertia of an object, sending it spinward (west in the cas eof planet earth). the target must be within 60 feet of the character and the character expends three actions. The target must make a saving throw (14+) or be flung 2D4x10 feet (+5 feet per level) westwards, taking damage as if he had fallen an equivilent distance. the target also loses initiative and 2 actions. the character can only affect targets up to 100 lbs per level.

Batts
dragon_blaze_99
Hero

Unread post by dragon_blaze_99 »

Very very cool Iczer :twisted:
The mind is the gateway to the future
Ethics are so annoying. I avoid them on principle
Roscoe Del'Tane
Adventurer

Had a song on loop that provided the bassis for this odd power. Hope you enjoy.

Evil Mule [major] by Roscoe Del'Tane
"I'm a member of the Bad Aces' Club, and I'm here to have a ...chat with your husband about some money he owes a mutual friend of ours."

This character seems to be the epitome of cool and style, much like Fonzie or Elvis were, and gains a few abilities based on that.

1) Aura of Cool: The character is in possession of an aura that just screams tough guy/trouble/danger, and makes just about everything he does seem to be cool. This aura extends 10 feet out from him, and grows 2 feet per level. He tends to be left alone, as most low level people (good and not-so-good) try to stay out of his way; conversely, he can influence people to do something or stop with a word or a look. Clothing this character wears seems tailored to fit, doesn't suffer from wear and tear, and never ever stains (cuts, burns, and other assorted battle damage will still take its toll, this is just on everyday usage). Character has a combination of Awe/Horror factor going on constantly, though experienced people (sixth level and up) will not be unduly affected

2) Intimidate: If the character concentrates his aura on one person within range, they can inflict a type of Horror Factor on them, scar/awe-struck-ing the unfortunate recipient into doing as he says. Intimidation Factor is 12 at level one, and +1 at levels 3, 5, 7, and 9; savings throws are made at -3, due to the overwhelming focus the character exudes. This uses up all the Characters actions as long as its up, and cannot make any offensive moves (auto-defense will work if they have it).

3) Superior Combat: The aura is so effective in unmanning their opponents, that the character gains a natural +1 to strike and parry at levels 1, 4, 8, and 12. Their criticals do 2.5 times the damage, and stun their opponent for one melee round, they loose half their attacks and all their bonuses. This sub-ability only works on LIVING opponents, as dead-people and 'bots don't care about coolness.

4) Physically Fit: The character seems to be in peak fitness, with not an ounce of excess fat on their body, no genetic faults (perfect vision, nothing like diabetes-autism, etc.), and a honed physique. One of their physical attributes is considered super-human (or two are extra-ordinary), double speed, and increase any bonus they receive from their higher end physical attributes by half (P.S. of 17 would be +3, not +2, ect.). Double their starting S.D.C., and they gain 1d6 S.D.C. per level in addition to their H.P. raise. They have a Natural Armor Class of ten against punches and other impact type attacks, strikes above of that type only do half damage (no good against bullets or knives)

taalismn
Priest

Some good powers there...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

There are quite a few really good ones by Iczer in his last batch, though. I particularly liked the Rock Shuffle, Metapsychic and Inertial Manipulation. :D
taalismn
Priest

Iczer wrote:Rock shuffle: Major
'We will, we will ROCK YOU!!'Batts

Shake that granite, baby!
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

Corpse posession: [Major]
'Hey buddy, It's me your Pa..come give me a hug'

The character has the ability to discorporate himself and flow into a corpse. The process takes 4 actions to perform, and the corpse to be posessed must be within 10 feet (+2 per level).
The corpse must also be mostly complete, and the character cannot posess individual parts (though a delimbed corpse can be posessed, a beheaded one cannot)

While riding inside a corpse, the character has the following abilities:
* SDC. 1d4x10+30. This can be adjudicated by the GM at any time, particularilly for fairly beat up corpses. This is the SDC of the corpse, not the SDC posessed in life by the owner. Just 100-300 odd pounds of dead meat.
* Strength and endurance. The Body has a PS equal to 10 plus the character's ME attribute. this PS is considered extraordinary. a PE score is irrelevant. the body is dead and does not feel fatigue (or nausea for that matter). For all intents and purposes, the character is animating a fleshy power suit. The character is still vulnerable to mental powers and psionics, as well as illusions. Of course, the corpse does not need to eat, breathe or sleep.
* Appearance: exactly like the posessed corpse. In the case of recently, gently dead, the ccorpse will appear fresh, at least for a little while. Loses 1 SDC per day even if well maintained while being ridden from general wear and tear, and does not recover.
* Speed: 10 plus the character's MA attribute. PP is the character's IQ +2 per level.
Other abilities. The corpse takes half damage from small projectiles, or from weapons with a small impact surface (bullets, rapiers, etc) but full normal damage from shotgun blasts, axes, cutting implements etc. It also enjoys an AR of 11 to most kinetic attacks.
* Powers: The character loses most of his other powers while posessing a corpse. he retains any energy resistances he may have, and can use all his specifically mental superpowers. he does control the natural and non magical abilities and non mental powers of the target though, but only at first level proficiency)
* combat: the character uses his normal combat skills while riding a corpse, but he does enjoy a blanket +1 to strike and parry as well as +2 to damage. He also posesses a bite attack (2D4 plus PS damage bonus).
* Limits: the character can only posess a corpse for 6 hours per PE point. animal and nonhuman corpses can be inhabited but they must be between 100 and 400lbs. non humanoid corpses inflict a -2 to all combat manoevres and -1 attack while posessing (hard to manipulate the body when it is such an odd shape)

Permabsorption: [major]
'Hey look....sorry for stealing your heat ray vision. here >>ZZAAAAP!<< you can have it back'

The character can steal a superability. All he needs is to touch a target (must be a few seconds worth, cannot be combined with an attack aside from a grapple).
Once contact has been established, the character can expend two actions to try and steal one of the targets superabilities. (player chooses if he knows what to take. otherwise GM decides).
The target makes a saving throw (16 for a minor or 14 for a major) with any PE bonuses. If the target fails the saving throw, then he loses 3D6 SDC as well as the targetted ability.
The character gains the ability (albeit at first level proficiency) but loses 2 ME points in the process (3 in the case of a major ability)
The character keeps the ability (and thus the player looses it) until one of the following conditions are met.
* The character drops below zero HP
* the character is made to release it through superhuman coercion (cannot release it willingly. has to be forced via psychic bio-manipulation, disruptive touch or similiar power or body manipulation)
* The character has the borrowed power or this power negated or removed

The character can just choose to take a person's superhuman vitality and health. the save is 14+ (as if stealing a minor power) and the ME drain is 2 points. The target loses 20% of his SDC and HP, which are gained by the character. Stolen health and vitality remains until it is beaten out of the character (by the character taking damage) and returns to the target via normal healing.

Other bonuses: +1D4+1 ME

Light absorbtion [Major]
'Hey mate, no flash photography'

The character can absorb light into his body creating a number of effects
1) all around vision: The character can 'see' by absorbing light through any part of his body. thusly, he cannot be suprised or snuck up upon. this functions much like the power of circular vision (+2 to dodge, posesses auto dodge +2 to initiative). he must have his flesh uncovered for this power to work. He can also percieve infra red and ultraviolet light, and posesses nightvision out to 300 feet. As this does not depend on eyes themselves, the character is not rendered blind by having his eyes targeted by chemical attacks, and he has +6 to saving throws vs super powered or psuionically induced blindness.
2) Light resistance: the character takes no damage from light attacks or lasers. nor can he be blinded by bright lights
3) absorb light: the character can expend 3 actions to absorb all the light in his area. an area 30 feet across (+5 feet per level) is shrouded in blackness, with a further 30 feet in all directions rendered into dim light (heavy shadows). laser weapons firing into the area of darkness are negated. alser attacks fired through the heavy shadows inflict half damage and are -4 to strike. The character loses 2 actions per round to maintain this effect, and is at half speed and -2 to combat bonuses while doing so (and of course, is blinded)
4) Photoregeneration. If exposed to bright light (direct sunlight, brightly lit buildings) the character heals SDC and HP at a rate of 5 per hour every light based attack that strikes him heals one SDC or HP damage per 10 damage rolled.
Other abilities: +6D6 to SDC

Batts

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”