Alternate Dimensions

Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Beatmeclever
Adventurer

Re: Alternate Dimensions

Unread post by Beatmeclever »

Are you trying to tell us something Taalismn? :angel: ;) :roll: :lol:
"The impossibility of the world lies in the fact that it has no equivalent anywhere;it cannot be exchanged for anything. The uncertainty of thought lies in the fact that it cannot be exchanged either for truth or for reality. Is it thought which tips the world over into uncertainty, or the other way around? This in itself is part of the uncertainty." - J. Baudrillard
csbioborg
Champion
Comment: Lazlo and its supporters talk of Dbee rights. Can you even comprehend the plight of the untold billions of humans evicted from thier homes since their coming? What of their rights?

Unread post by csbioborg »

Mars scnario with life brought forth by the rifts. But 300 years later nab is in a desperate all out war with the slugorth. The only thing keeping man alive is the Zazhan Empire on Neptune and a huge pattern of rifts that have opened up acorss the solar system that inhibits the enemies attacks.

Man is holed up in huge underground cities due to repeated nuclear bombing. Miles long cities that make the geofront look small. Teeming billions go forth to die for humanity and there emperor Karl Posek.
SDC world
Mars is now a breeding ground for splugorth young (always thought that 60 md was to high for slugorth in play outside of avisit from a pc saved atlas the only time I've ever killed a splugorth in play was with a suit case nuke and its still debated whether the thing shoul have casued enough damge to kill a slugorth
Last edited by csbioborg on Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I remember days like this when my father took me to the forest and we ate wild blueberries. More than 20 years ago. I was just a boy of four or five. The leaves were so dark and green then. The grass smelled sweet with the spring wind...For us, there is no spring. Just the wind that smells fresh before the storm.
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Beatmeclever wrote:Are you trying to tell us something Taalismn? :angel: ;) :roll: :lol:

Only how the standards of other cultures can differ as to choice of mates...The above scenario leads to something like the Splugorth Stapha minions, where the women are warrior-brutes, the men healers and home-makers, and mating for the males is like rock-climbing El Capitan(complete with the heavy sweating and broken bones).
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
csbioborg
Champion
Comment: Lazlo and its supporters talk of Dbee rights. Can you even comprehend the plight of the untold billions of humans evicted from thier homes since their coming? What of their rights?

Unread post by csbioborg »

that might work in the context of other specis but in the context of the human race that does not work for a number of reasons. FIrst it is not evolutionarily efficent for sex to be full of broken bones in other words uncomfortable for one of the partners.

Moreover men are not going to ever be relgated to the homemakers. Due to pysiological reasons men will always be the group that does the heavu lifting unless something reallly extreme like genetic enjineering cybernetics only for women etc
I remember days like this when my father took me to the forest and we ate wild blueberries. More than 20 years ago. I was just a boy of four or five. The leaves were so dark and green then. The grass smelled sweet with the spring wind...For us, there is no spring. Just the wind that smells fresh before the storm.
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

So the men suffer death by "Snu-snu"! Sounds like fun! I saw we all go to the world and die with a smile on our faces!

Alternate earth. Equal rights for all people is thought of early on during the dawn of civilazation. There is no slavery on this world. Although there is still war. Money and property means a lot to these people.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

csbioborg wrote:that might work in the context of other specis but in the context of the human race that does not work for a number of reasons. FIrst it is not evolutionarily efficent for sex to be full of broken bones in other words uncomfortable for one of the partners.

Moreover men are not going to ever be relgated to the homemakers. Due to pysiological reasons men will always be the group that does the heavu lifting unless something reallly extreme like genetic enjineering cybernetics only for women etc

Or we have an alternate universe where the prevalence of magic, high-tech, or the like begin a divergence in the perception and implementation of gender-assigned roles....

The end result may be something that calls itself Humanity, but might not be called such biologically by our own people.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Aramanthus wrote:So the men suffer death by "Snu-snu"! Sounds like fun! I saw we all go to the world and die with a smile on our faces!

Alternate earth. Equal rights for all people is thought of early on during the dawn of civilazation. There is no slavery on this world. Although there is still war. Money and property means a lot to these people.

'Total Equality' becomes the societal motto and ethos. This was actually taken to the extreme in a defunct sci-fi series similar to the Twilight Zone, which tanked and was resurrected by combining all the filmed episodes into a movie...The upshot of the totalitarian society was that in order to make everybody equal, everybody was issued individual 'handicappers'...devices that would reduce everybody to the same level of agility(variable tension spring-tethers attached to the limbs), strength(bags of weight), beauty(masks worn on the face), and intelligence(headphones that would produce distracting and mind-numbing noise, glasses that would give people headaches from distortion, etc...), enforced by shotgun-toting rednecks....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

LOL I'm glad I never saw that episode. :D

Man actually learns to fly thru machines shortly after Newton discovers the theory of gravity. Only ten years after Newtons death the first Internal combustion engine is created, along with other necessary technologies. With ten further years of development there is manned flight. It does not occur in the colonies of England, it actually takes place in England. England takes the lead in the new science. And so the world is changed and this universe diverges from our own.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

HH....FIE
LostOne
Champion

Unread post by LostOne »

taalismn wrote:A world where all girls grow up to become Magic Girls at puberty, all boys into Mad Scientists or Mecha Pilots...
Hence, all other professions have to have some aspect of the above(women doctors use magic, male farmers have giant farm robots, etc...)...

Sounds like something the Japanese would make an anime out of...I'm surprised they haven't done something like this already.
"But you can't make an omelet without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others." -Order of the Stick #760
taalismn
Priest

Somewhere out there in the vast Megaverse, there is a universe where we really DID go back to school without our pants...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

And in another one of those distant universes there is one of them where the physics of it are 180 degrees different then they do here.

HH....FIE
LostOne
Champion

Unread post by LostOne »

taalismn wrote:Somewhere out there in the vast Megaverse, there is a universe where we really DID go back to school without our pants...

And somewhere out there is a vast megaverse where it is normal to go without pants and the nightmare is going to school while wearing pants.
"But you can't make an omelet without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others." -Order of the Stick #760
Aramanthus
Monk

That is a totally viable world Duck-foot!

How about a world where humanity doesn't exist. The primary lifeform on the planet are vampires. And they are lucky enough to have the ability to travel interdimensionally thru various means. Both magical and technological. Because of their nature they do not have any Alien intelligences lording it over them. They have free will.

HH....FIE
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

In 1910 it is dicovered that EM interfence over Ocean Prevent motor powered flyed.

the sovereignty of Nations are dependent on Naval power.

How Would the world be today?
taalismn
Priest

Your dreams are merely you possessing another universe's version of yourself and screwing up their lives...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

[quote="duck-foot

then i guess you would be casanova right. :lol: just kidding[/quote]

(Cough) I actually HAVE a chin, thank you...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

LOL Cute guys! Cute! Leave you alone for a few hours and we have chaos running rampant thru our universes. :D

Gaby, that is a very cool universe. In a world like that the Battleship might not have gone away. It might still be around and still be used by all of the major powers in our world. I'm working off your idea.

The world continues to develope more and more advanced heavy fire power. Battleships and their kin get as big as the Nimitz class carriers in the post war era. And their capabilities continue to grow and become even nastier.

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Teddy Roosevelt never overcomes his childhood sickliness and dies, never to become U.S. President, promote gunship diplomacy, break the trusts, or push for the Panama Canal...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Roscoe Del'Tane
Adventurer

Unread post by Roscoe Del'Tane »

taalismn wrote:Teddy Roosevelt never overcomes his childhood sickliness and dies, never to become U.S. President, promote gunship diplomacy, break the trusts, or push for the Panama Canal...

Theodore Roosevelt is named Fredrick Roosevelt , so we have Freddy Bears instead of Teddy Bears.

Teddy Bears are infrequently inhabited by gremelins and goblins. There is a .01% chance that any given child has a possessed bear; those who are unfortunate enough to have one frequently end up in deep trouble for things they didn't do.
You'd be suprised at what the G.M. will allow with a little blackmail and bribery...

"Jack! You've debauched my sloth!" - Steven Matrin

"Artillery is the King of the Battlefield, Infantry is the Queen; and everybody knows what the King does to the Queen."- Stuart, from StarDestroyer.net
Aramanthus
Monk

LOL!!! That was a funny one!

The earth is a very serious, dull and dry place as far as entertainment is concerned. There is only science, mathematics and dry subject. The world lacks fiction, movies, sports and television. For entertainment they have the let's add to pie get togethers.
Last edited by Aramanthus on Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Roscoe Del'Tane wrote:
Teddy Bears are infrequently inhabited by gremelins and goblins. There is a .01% chance that any given child has a possessed bear; those who are unfortunate enough to have one frequently end up in deep trouble for things they didn't do.

IT'S CUTE-IT'S FUZZY-KILL IT!! :eek:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

I suppose that cats and dogs that our owned by families as pets will have to look vicious and nasty to keep from being on the kill teddy bears hunting list.

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Stupidity Really IS Contagious...Every year, we have Flu Season and we have Stupidity Season...Fears of a particularly virulent 'DumDum Flu' arising and spreading from Asia make the worlds' CDCs nervous every year...A Stupidity so powerful it will do permanent and irreparable brain damage, and may make some people so dumb they forget how to eat and breath...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

duck-foot wrote:im working on something right now. its a book (yes i know i have many, and im working on them too. i suffer from over active imagination) about the roman empire. julies ceaser was never killed he marries cleopatra. thier son ceasarian becomes emporer after julies dies. the guy that invents that steam toy takes it to the extreme inducing an early industrial revolution. rome goes on to conquer the new world. at around 1600's rome colinizes mars, creating nuke ships that can go 99% light speed. then they develop fold drive in the 1800's (the ability to fold space) and now they are at war with a race called the Thotipiti. the romans call them Saurians because they look like humanoid allosaurs. thats all ive got so far.

btw the book Nu World. about the vickings and japanesecolonizing a north america with the ice age magafuana still around. and trying to fend off the mayan empire [ive changed the empire to mayan]. is going strong im already 1/2 way done on it. its already 375 pages :eek: . i think im in over my head.

Goskany and Underzoo(who wrote the hit comic Asterix) were fond of a scenario in their animated versions of the two Gaulish warriors where Julius DOES give up the Empire and retires to a humble country estate, marries a remarkably young-looking Cleopatra, and settles down to raise his kids...

Yeah...sometimes an idea takes off on you like it has a life of its own...if not for the fact that you never feel like it's finished, ain;t that feelinga real rush? :D

Opinion for You Megaverse Crossers: Who would win in a Battle of the Baddies; Marvel Comics' Micronauts' Foe Baron Karza, or those fun-lovin' interdimensional terrors, the Splugorth? :twisted:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

That is a good question Taalismn! If the sploogie can get close enough he could kill Baron Karza.

Hey Duck-foot there is a trilogy sort of like that set in a world where the Roman Empire not only survived the dark ages, but actually conquers a fair amount of North America. The trilogy was written be Kirk Mitchell. The books are Procurator, New Barbarians, and Cry Republic. I thought you should know. They are a powerful tech using empire.

The world suffers a new depression from which it does not recover for over 100 years. The US starts suffering a recession and then eventually the world is overcome in this monsterous financial depression. It is learn centuries later that is was caused by an idiot who stole a lot from from a great game company located in Michigan. So after that it was decided that the crime for stealing from companies should be capital crimes punishable by death by listening to a loops "Barney the dinosaur" theme song while secured to a heavy duty seat also secured to the fllor in a sound proof room.

HH....FIE
Roscoe Del'Tane
Adventurer

In this world, the laws of physics are slightly warped. Here, energy can be destroyed; as a matter of fact it is every time fossil fuels are burned, all that energy is forever used up. Strict rationing takes place to ensure the maximum usage of the available resources.

In the 40s or 50s, there was a colossal evacuation of some of the southern states, as they had been too heavily farmed to support crops. It was refered to as the Dustbowl, but was ended after a few years of lying fallow. In this world, the Dustbowl never ended, as right before things should have turned around, there was a series of tornadoes and floods that scoured the affected area down to bedrock, turning the middle chunk of America into a barren wasteland, devoid of life for all time. The US now has to import massive amounts of foodstuffs to feed its population. Ironically, this means that most of the areas that would have been supplying drugs are now growing grain and fruits, instead of opium and cocoa.

In a Splicers spin-off world, instead of trying to kill or conquer humans through force, the Machine begins a slow, but diabolical form of conquest. It begins to administer contraceptives to humanity as a whole, and only allows select few to bear children. Those that manage to have children (the point-oh-one percent 'accidents'), are taken away and instructed in secret, before being placed elsewhere. People have begun to notice the lack of children, but have no idea what’s going on. The Machine predicts within 5 generations that it will have 'cured' humanity of its pointless aggressive tendencies.
You'd be suprised at what the G.M. will allow with a little blackmail and bribery...

"Artillery is the King of the Battlefield, Infantry is the Queen; and everybody knows what the King does to the Queen."- Stuart, from StarDestroyer.net
LostOne
Champion

Unread post by LostOne »

The world gets bombarded by powerful EMP from an offworld source. The industrialized and high tech areas of the world are turned into third world countries in an instant. Millions starve to death in the cities because food can't be brought in to feed them. The survivors in the city turn to cannibalism while heading out to farmland territories.
taalismn
Priest

Aramanthus wrote:That is a good question Taalismn! If the sploogie can get close enough he could kill Baron Karza..

I'd bet on the Splugorth too...But I had to think about it...Karza took over pretty much all of the Microverse(or at least the parts of it that matter) in under a thousand years, Karza has Marvel powers...i.e., he's a superbeing, who's shown he can cheat death by assuming a noncorporeal form and hide in planetary cores, as well as in people's minds...He's come back from the dead Twice(three times, if the plans to come out with a new Micronauts series had ever materialized), mainly because Marvel could never come up with an imeginative enough new villian/storyline to replace him...the guy keeps coming up more times than a glass of bad clam juice...
Karza's a technological power, though; he tends to reserve what magic he knows(or at least technology so advanced it may as well BE magic) for himself, while relying on hordes of disposable minions and mass-produced ships to do most of his dirty work, and he trots out the nasty stuff only when he's making an example if somebody or to save his own hide...
His Dog Soldier minions are Ultimate Cannon Fodder...they even have nondeascript gray/black/blue uniforms suggesting their stamped-out nature and tactics, and they typically appear on frame only long enough to push the hapless civilians around and die by the thousands at the hands of the heroes...
Karza's Biobanks can create some truly terrifying beings with superpowers, even Biblical-plague motif bioweapons, but the wastage of the population base he uses for biomass is horrendous...otherwise he'd be making more of them instead of Dog Soldiers....Near the end he was even forcibly breeding people for new warm bodies...

The Splugorth on the other hand have been around for more than a thousand years, use both magic and technology(but rely on magic more) and control hundreds, if not thousands, of planets across multiple universes....Their Kydian minions enthusiasticly breed for the service of their Masters, the average Minion is MUCH tougher than a Dog Soldier, and better equipped to boot...Plus Biowizardry is at least the equal of Karza's Biobanks science, and BioBorgs are equal to Un-Men...

The Splugorth will just roll over the Karzan/Homeworld forces..
But the real test is when Karza himself is confronted; he'll likely put up a good fight until he can discorporate and bid his time until he can reincarnate in a host body or find wome other way to come back...Which means the Splugorth will have to stake him down or kill him by exotic means...I guess the ultimate test is if Karza's bad enough and powerful enough to be able to survive a Greatest (SoulEater)Rune Weapon attack...which might amount to a battle of wills between the Run Blade and Karza...

If that last hurdle's surmounted...yeah, it's a Marvel Micronaut Massacre and the Splugorth ooze triumphant at the end of the day..
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Aliens decide to take a hint from our fiction and decide to wipe us out by unleashing our 'monsters of the id', by breaking down the barriers between reality and fantasy...Our fears and nightmares become real...monstrous stereotypes and worse stalkour communities and Things that Go Bump in the Night wander the countryside...
But the aliens didn't count on our dreams as well, and humanity fights back with allies born of our imaginations, shining palladins, and imaginable weapons of light.... :-D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

Great way to analyze the situation Taalismn! I think you got it right. Bit if Baron Karza can actually split his consciousnes like several of Marvel's villians, he might even be able to survive a fight with soul drinker.

A universe where the sploogies are the lowest and least able to cooperate on a celluar level. The sploogies never threaten anything other than other single cell organisms.

Imagine a world where the sploogies evolved. And these immense creatures are not the top of the food chain on their home world. There is actually feeds on them. Imagine that predator. That could be a very scary creature.

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Aramanthus wrote:Great way to analyze the situation Taalismn! I think you got it right. Bit if Baron Karza can actually split his consciousnes like several of Marvel's villians, he might even be able to survive a fight with soul drinker.

A universe where the sploogies are the lowest and least able to cooperate on a celluar level. The sploogies never threaten anything other than other single cell organisms.

Imagine a world where the sploogies evolved. And these immense creatures are not the top of the food chain on their home world. There is actually feeds on them. Imagine that predator. That could be a very scary creature.

Worse News...The Splugorth are only the juvenile form of an even nastier lifeform...Those Splug who live past...say 50,000 years, mature into....
(ominous music)
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
LostOne
Champion

Unread post by LostOne »

I like it. So the Splugorth are the spoiled bratty children and teenagers.
taalismn
Priest

LostOne wrote:I like it. So the Splugorth are the spoiled bratty children and teenagers.

O yeah...
I have this image in my mind of a global cluster or dark nebula with a single giant eye at the center... :twisted:

Alternate: UPon reaching 50,000 years, Splugorth undergo a Thoth-like transformation wherein they lose their memories and are translated into another universe where they are 'born again' as the Good Splugorth, with no idea of the nastiness they perpetuated as Evil Splugorth...and back again, as part of a cosmic balancing act...The meaner the Evil Splugorth, the milder the Good Splugorth...The more saintly the Good Splurgorth, the more corrupt the Evil Splugorth when the pendulum swings back...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

ROFLMAO!!!! Now that is a wickedly balanced universe! I on't want to meet one of those truly evilly mean Sploogie!

The universe we discover when we leave our solar system is so full of life that just with the stars within 50 light years of earth we find one hundred intelligent lifeforms! We have our skuffles with some of them, but most contact is not only peaceful but beneficial for us and them.

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Aramanthus wrote:ROFLMAO!!!! Now that is a wickedly balanced universe! I on't want to meet one of those truly evilly mean Sploogie!

The universe we discover when we leave our solar system is so full of life that just with the stars within 50 light years of earth we find one hundred intelligent lifeforms! We have our skuffles with some of them, but most contact is not only peaceful but beneficial for us and them.

..and unfortunately all radio frequencies are jammed solid with old 'waste' transmissions from all those other races...rendering radio communications in our solar system effectively static...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

Ah! But at least we can listen to the music from whatever star we can point our radio anntenas at. :D Talk about the music of the stars!

The Earth ends up uniting with most of the civilazations in the spiral arm. They form a united front against those who don't have the same ideals. But they don't actually go out of their way to attack those who are different from them. They go on to form the beginning os the Consortium of Civilized Worlds!

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

A lot like the story 'With Folded Hands.." where the machines developed to take care of us do so, protecting us from ALL stress, all danger, and ALL risk, and effectively quash human advancement and human adventure(as well as self-determinism, which by nature courts risk).
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

The Civil War is fought not over slavery but over narcotics; the Southern druglords versus the Northern Prohibitionists...The South sends bales of ganja to buy guns with money from the drug addicts of Europe, while the ultra-temprancists of the right-wing North frown on even even alcohol usage...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Roscoe Del'Tane
Adventurer

duck-foot wrote:
Roscoe Del'Tane wrote:In a Splicers spin-off world, instead of trying to kill or conquer humans through force, the Machine begins a slow, but diabolical form of conquest. It begins to administer contraceptives to humanity as a whole, and only allows select few to bear children. Those that manage to have children (the point-oh-one percent 'accidents'), are taken away and instructed in secret, before being placed elsewhere. People have begun to notice the lack of children, but have no idea what’s going on. The Machine predicts within 5 generations that it will have 'cured' humanity of its pointless aggressive tendencies.

uhhh... thats a nasty one.

Ah stop, your gonna make me blush :oops: ! ...Yeah, I wasn’t exactly in the best mood when I posted that, but you do gotta admit, it would make for one HECK of an adventure tag if this was a re-volution of the Machines ideals after it had launched the plague. Especially when the Great Houses notice there is a large number of defectors making runs to Machine held territory.

The video-game business never took off, due to a few strategically placed lead projectiles (from an 'agent' working for the desktop based gaming companies).

Jim Henson lived until the current day, having seen a doctor early enough to save his life.
Jim Henson lived until the current day, but was a major consumer of mind altering substance’s through his entire life. The Muppets and Sesame Street never take off.

Hannibal Lector is a real man, and the whole premise of Survivor was being left on an island with him and lasting untill the deadline…

Elephants, dolphins, cats and dogs are all able to speak as humans do.

When Ben Franklin did they whole ‘flying a kite with a key on it’ gig, he got fried as well, putting back the progress of science for a good 50-60 years.

Johnny Cash never became a singer, instead going into :shudder: politics.

Here’s one that would be horrible for us, a world that’s impossible to record anything for more than 30 days. All ink dissolved after being inscribed, electronic files degrade beyond saving, even carvings disappear at the time limit.

LostOne
Champion

Unread post by LostOne »

Aramanthus wrote:The universe we discover when we leave our solar system is so full of life that just with the stars within 50 light years of earth we find one hundred intelligent lifeforms! We have our skuffles with some of them, but most contact is not only peaceful but beneficial for us and them.

It's called Star Trek. ;)
taalismn
Priest

Popular musicians are effectively the defacto political leaders of the country, and their fan followings represent the voting blocs...What we now call politicians are simply agents and actuarials handling office duties while the actual leaders are on the road doing tour junkets and musical campaigns...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
LostOne
Champion

Unread post by LostOne »

The USA public, tired of all the overblown two-faced political campaigns causing their favorite lame reality TV shows to get bumped and rescheduled, decide to revolt. The resulting government is a democracy where the elected officials are now all selected by lottery using social security numbers. Chaos ensues as random groups of highly educated well-meaning individuals bang heads against middle-class, homeless, uneducated and newly sworn in citizens in the Senate, Congress and the Presidential seat. The country fails to offer up any real resistance when Canada tires of the mess and invades.
taalismn
Priest

American economy tanks while Mexico becomes the industrial-economic powerhouse of the West...
Americans attempt to sneak SOUTH of the border to where the (high-paying) jobs are.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

All of those are great ones. Oh and LostOne, I was thinking of Babylon 5. I never ever think of ST, ever since Rick Berman wrecked it for me. I can't stand ST! Sorry.

Imagine a world where Gene Roddenbury did something else besides television. He goes into politics as a speach writter.

HH....FIE
Roscoe Del'Tane
Adventurer

Aramanthus wrote:Imagine a world where Gene Roddenbury did something else besides television. He goes into politics as a speach writter.

:Crouched behind a keyboard, fevereshly typing away, watching his candidate read off of the tele-prompter: "Crap, President George W. Bush's just making up techno-babble on his own! What does any of that stuff MEAN?"
:Takes a final drag off his cigarette, flicks it onto an overflowing tray 10 feet away: "I KNEW I should have gone with Dole, at least HE stays on script."

A Rifts World where the Four Hoursemen came two years after the Coming of the Rifts.

A world where wherer Triax managed to defeat the gargoyle empire with a series of sneak attacks and blitzkried rushes.

A world where Triax and the C.S. join forces.

Aramanthus
Monk

Those world might still come about. The one with Triax beating the Gargolyes that is.

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Unwilling to antagonize the Mexicans with bigger issues looming at home, the United States doesn't support Sam HOuston's rebellion in Texas(plus the Texans inadvertantly alienate themselves from much of their support), and Santa Anna rolls over the Texans, retaining control of the territory...Lingering resentment along the frontier leads to a more confrontational relationship with Mexico, with subsequent Mexican leaders championing Indian rights(and gleefully inciting violence) just to keep American westward ambitions frustrated...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Thanks to social sorcery, everybody has a social security number...and a soul stone, deposited in a safe place...a soul stone serves as a mirror or lense to a person, with somebody's soulstone in hand, you can tell what they're seeing, feeling, experiencing, if they're alive or dead, and a general sense of where they are...even, with the right spells, retroactively...
Stealing soulstones becomes essential to blackmailers and other criminals, while the more paranoid/trusting lock their soulstones(or of their children) away in safe deposit boxes, or special holding vaults so the authorities can use them in event they should go missing...The more suspicious do everything they can to keep their soulstones OUT of government hands, and criminals are routinely stripped of theirs upon incarceration..
The practice is being adopted by other countries with varying degrees of success...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

Hmmmm

Those are very interesting.

Earth is a place of true wonder. It is a mix of magic and technology in equal parts. People use both in equal amounts and don't harbor any ill feelings for either. The world doesn't have a single problemed person on it. The world's economy is in perfect balance. There is a military, but it's job is more for disaster relief and such things.

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

One galaxy! :shock: :? :eek: I think your little group is on it's way to beating their megaverse! Good thing they are over there!

The megaverse is overrun by multiple dimension spanning empire. All of this comes to a head as they all face off over a small and insignificant world known as earth!

HH....FIE

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”