A Palladins P.P.E. total

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Amberjack
Explorer

A Palladins P.P.E. total

Unread post by Amberjack »

Hi All
Just a thought, the Palladins Demon Death Blow power costs 3D6 per use, doesn't that limit the Palladin to two maybe three such attacks at most. Shouldn't the Palladin get some sort of P.P.E. increase per level. Maybe something like the Warrior Monks 1D4 per level. just my thoughts on the matter.

Amberjack
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Re: A Palladins P.P.E. total

Unread post by Library Ogre »

My take on it:

Palladins have higher-than-normal PPE because a major part of their early training is meditation and prayer. However, in their later training, those things fall by the wayside for the exigencies of combat training. As such, they have a high initial PPE, but don't automatically gain any. I do, however, provide a skill that gives those who study is a one-time PPE boost.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Starmage21
Adventurer

Unread post by Starmage21 »

I thought that no matter who you are, you always gain some PPE as you level. Where might I have heard this from?
Library Ogre

Starmage21 wrote:I thought that no matter who you are, you always gain some PPE as you level. Where might I have heard this from?

No idea, because it's not true.

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
All Palladium Articles
Northern Ranger
Hero
Comment: Twenty year player of PF.
Fifteen year GM.
Creator and writer.
All around good guy.

Unread post by Northern Ranger »

No, only mages and their ilk get increases per level in PPE. Though I do like the thought of the Palladin getting a minor increase. Not necessarily every level, but perhaps a set amount every few levels. I also like Nexx's idea of a skill that provides a one time PPE boost. Mind sharing that one, Mark? (Or do we have to wait for the book... again)
This world is far too small not to want to see it all, but life is far too short to allow that to happen. - Falcon, Ranger (My primary hero in PFRPG setting)

"Unhand me you slobbering son of an Orcish whore!" - Ariana Moonstone, Palladin (Another primary character of mine.)

"Bastard!" War cry of Strut, Barbarian Mercenary. (That's for you James!)

300 Geek Points (So Far)
Library Ogre

Northern Ranger wrote:No, only mages and their ilk get increases per level in PPE. Though I do like the thought of the Palladin getting a minor increase. Not necessarily every level, but perhaps a set amount every few levels. I also like Nexx's idea of a skill that provides a one time PPE boost. Mind sharing that one, Mark? (Or do we have to wait for the book... again)

It's a book thing.

All Palladium Articles
Northern Ranger
Hero
Fifteen year GM.
Creator and writer.
All around good guy.

Mark Hall wrote:
Northern Ranger wrote:No, only mages and their ilk get increases per level in PPE. Though I do like the thought of the Palladin getting a minor increase. Not necessarily every level, but perhaps a set amount every few levels. I also like Nexx's idea of a skill that provides a one time PPE boost. Mind sharing that one, Mark? (Or do we have to wait for the book... again)

It's a book thing.

Drat! Foiled again! :lol:
This world is far too small not to want to see it all, but life is far too short to allow that to happen. - Falcon, Ranger (My primary hero in PFRPG setting)

"Unhand me you slobbering son of an Orcish whore!" - Ariana Moonstone, Palladin (Another primary character of mine.)

300 Geek Points (So Far)
Library Ogre

It's not that complex of an idea, NR. You just say that, say, one OCC related skill is worth 10 PPE or something, and make Secondary skills worth half of that. Give it a name and go.

All Palladium Articles
Northern Ranger
Hero
Fifteen year GM.
Creator and writer.
All around good guy.

Mark Hall wrote:It's not that complex of an idea, NR. You just say that, say, one OCC related skill is worth 10 PPE or something, and make Secondary skills worth half of that. Give it a name and go.

Ladies and gentlemen, I think we've just seen a sneak peek at Mysteries of Magic! ;) Thanks Mark, I'll look into that. You're right, it's a pretty simple idea.

300 Geek Points (So Far)

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”