Super Soldier Side-Effects

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Amberjack
Explorer

Super Soldier Side-Effects

Unread post by Amberjack »

Question
Do super soldiers also roll on side effects table?
They are technically experiments, but not sure if it would be to much hindrance, with the side effects many of the super-soldier enhancements have.
runebeo
Champion
Comment: I hope Odin allows me to stand with him at the time of Ragnarök!

Re: Super Soldier Side-Effects

Unread post by runebeo »

Some wild side effects can really add flavor. Try making up some new ones like wild mood swings or have the character release pheromones that cause woman to flock to him or animals attack him. How about when involved in combat or physical exertion every things in slow motion for him, but he can not understand what people say to him in this state.
I will be 125 living in Rio de Janeiro when the Great Cataclysm comes, I will not survive long but I will be cloned threw the Achilles project and my clones will be Achilles Neo-Humans that will start a new Jedi order in Psyscape. So You May Strike Me Down & I Will Become More Powerful Than You Can Possibly Imagine. Let the Clone Wars begin!
AlanGunhouse
Champion

Unread post by AlanGunhouse »

Many of the "better" side effects have been upgraded and turned into super soldier abilities. The Super Soldier would need a special table that removes any of those abilities as potential side effects.
Overlord Rikonius
Hero
Comment: I'm basically a sexy Rasputin!

Unread post by Overlord Rikonius »

runebeo wrote:Some wild side effects can really add flavor. Try making up some new ones like wild mood swings or have the character release pheromones that cause woman to flock to him or animals attack him.

Or if you want things to get real silly and crazy, reverse those :lol:
GP: 16,019.8 / JP: 30 / MZP: 75
"Overlord Rikonius is the Roland Deschain of Bad Puns, he fires them off that fast" - CornholioPrime
"Rik is a deep and abundant reservoir of cool..." - Yisterwald
Party hydrants strive when they have a sorority backed by beige regurgitations.
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

If you're using the original supersoldier rules from the HU2 main book, yes, you do have to roll for a side effect on Table D (HU2, p. 116).

If you're using the new supersoldier rules from PU2, you may or may not have to roll for side effects, depending on what you roll on the Nature of the Test Subject table (PU2, p. 77). A roll of 01-25% requires the character to roll for 1-2 Unusual Physical Characteristics, as a Mutant (HU2, pp. 159-160), while a roll of 61-80% gives the character an Experiment side effect.
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”