What is your favorite Munchkin character?

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Anthar
Hero
Comment: Killer of threads.

What is your favorite Munchkin character?

Unread post by Anthar »

I'll start off with two different ones:

1. An Amaki Stoneman Lord Magus with major psionics and Sea Inquisitor powers. This will eventually create a mage with up to about 2300 MDC, takes half damage on all non-magic and non-psychic attacks and inflicts double damage on all physical and weapon attacks.

2. A Full Conversion Borg with a nuclear generator and weapon link to a Anti-Tank Laser that inflicts 3D6X10+20 up to 3000ft and a Shemarian Rail-gun for 2D6X10 up to 6000ft and maybe some mini-missiles. Now add a built in jet pack and a built in Nauni force-field generator and you have a very mobile technological powerhouse that can take up to around 1000 MDC of punishment.
"I love my dad because he is awesome."-My son.
Caution these rules are unclear and may be open to gross interpretation and out right misinterpretation. GM discression is strongly advised.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: What is your favorite Munchkin character?

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

There are no munchkin chars. Only Munchkin players.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
csbioborg
Champion
Comment: Lazlo and its supporters talk of Dbee rights. Can you even comprehend the plight of the untold billions of humans evicted from thier homes since their coming? What of their rights?

Unread post by csbioborg »

Taking the form of a NPC a 15th level ex NEMA soldier (CS special forces OCC since the books wasn't avialbe at the time.) Orignally turned into a borg who got the eternal brain treatment. then had his body replaced with a Naruni rep bot. Auto dodge from HtH commando. Greatest rune axe. Dragon slayer which makes him immune to all dragon abilites (breath, gaze, etc), soul drinker, triple damage to dragons (1d6 X 10 base), each strike on a dragon makes it unable to teleport or bioregenerate for one hour culmuative, can be thrown and returns range 3000 feet range. He's one of the heads of the Soicety of Sages council.

Another recurring NPC. 15th level Gun FIghtertraded a Seraph he caught to a Gene Splicer so he could continue the good fight for humniaty. Was given superpowers INvunverability, Immune to psionics, hieghtened sense all, immortality. Heavily based off the Young Guns Bounty Hunter that Emilio Estex say Shoot he's killed more men than small pox. Comes to rescue when we get over our heads sometimes

One of the other heads of the Soicety is a mage from the time the Vanguard was kicked out of the CS but he decided to travel on and fight outside the CS. !5th level ley line walker way not that munchkin but he deserves a honorable mention does have a ancient great horned dragon skelton and knows nercomatic spell strenghth of the dead (gives you half of a corpses MD in life)

Fallen Cosmo Knight- The cosmo knights he was with declared his planet in the Centrsal Alliance was the aggressor (which they were) and defened a planet they were about to attack. Stuck between duty to country and loyalty to the Cosmic Forge he chose the former and made his stand against th other Cosmic knights. Long story short they killed his borther and he lost his powers. Thrirsting for venggance he indentured himself to a Splugorth that pumped him with enough biowizardy he's easily there match and out for blood. His alien life essence soul drinker makes sure any cosmo knight he kills energy is permently taken from the Cosmic Forge

13th level baslisk leyline walker psi operator/scientist. Honorable mention. From stormspire from way of PF world. An ancient baslisk whom arrived in Rifts Earth and Quickly discovered tech realized that it was the answer to the Baslisk Races prayers. Having been trdeen upon by the other dragons for millenia he realized tech was the answer to combat his historical enemies. NOt really that strog on his own for a muchkin it is his army of robots that really do the damamge. Plus his 2,000 mdc PA that flies with a boom gun and low yield nukes attached. Gneius level IQ but obession tech. Not techno wizardy mind you. Since coming to rifts he has all but abandoned magic using it only when absolutley necesary and never on his PA

Owns a store in stormpsre dealing in custom made PA and weapons for giants and other people that can't use traditional tech like ocotumen Has four apprentice baslisk some of wihich are techno mages that will help on that end. Plus adopted human son from MadHaven (parents were exploerer not a mutant but is immune to the imprint since he was born thier) Joined Society to spy on them and secretly funnel information as they share the same goal ie destory all dragons.,
I remember days like this when my father took me to the forest and we ate wild blueberries. More than 20 years ago. I was just a boy of four or five. The leaves were so dark and green then. The grass smelled sweet with the spring wind...For us, there is no spring. Just the wind that smells fresh before the storm.
LostOne
Champion

Unread post by LostOne »

csbioborg wrote:Orignally turned into a borg who got the eternal brain treatment.

Source on the eternal brain?
"But you can't make an omelet without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others." -Order of the Stick #760
csbioborg
Champion
Comment: Lazlo and its supporters talk of Dbee rights. Can you even comprehend the plight of the untold billions of humans evicted from thier homes since their coming? What of their rights?

Unread post by csbioborg »

Its in MindWrks its a implant that makes the brain never age. The body stil ages but at half the rate. If your a borg it does not matter however
I remember days like this when my father took me to the forest and we ate wild blueberries. More than 20 years ago. I was just a boy of four or five. The leaves were so dark and green then. The grass smelled sweet with the spring wind...For us, there is no spring. Just the wind that smells fresh before the storm.
Natasha
Champion
Comment: Doomed to crumble unless we grow, and strengthen our communication.

Unread post by Natasha »

The one that died the most embarrassing death. :P
Rockwolf66
Hero

Unread post by Rockwolf66 »

"Murder Machine"

They are a Human Mutant that grows in power with experiance. Unfortunantly they have a particularly nasty form of a Schizoaffective Disorder in which their illness strives to make them lash out violently and for ordinary humans lethally.

Major powers in order gained: Sonic Speed, Natural Combat, Sonic Speed, Sonic Speed, and Immortality

Minor Powers: Healing Factor and Extraordinary Physical Prowess
"Having met a few brits over here i wonder about them. The Military ones I met through my dad as a kid seem to be the most ruthless men on the planet..." -Steve Hobbs
LostOne
Champion

Unread post by LostOne »

Delwugor wrote:My namesake - of course. :twisted:

Way too vague. Tell us what made him munchkin, why he was fun to play.
"But you can't make an omelet without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others." -Order of the Stick #760
Natasha
Champion

Unread post by Natasha »

LostOne wrote:
Delwugor wrote:My namesake - of course. :twisted:

Way too vague. Tell us what made him munchkin, why he was fun to play.
I got this one covered. Small man, big axe, smash your face, bla bla bla. :P

That's all I really remember from the actual story.
LostOne
Champion

Unread post by LostOne »

Natasha wrote:one covered. Small man, big axe, smash your face, bla bla bla. :P

You just described every dwarf I ever encountered in D&D. :lol:
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

My fav High Powered char is my NightSpawn with a Valkaree morphus. (pre R20) Having body missiles, booster packs, 'auto-cannon' (.50 cal), mechamorphisis, flight capabilities, utility arms, and a mecha body, and limited space capabilities. Due to GM desecration, the char has 'radio speech' while in it's morphus.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Scrud
Explorer
Comment: Truth is subjective, which is the very reason I must rely on you to make the right choice.
Location: Alone pondering whether or not I'm a Dopplaganger or not, whether or not I'm doing the right thing

Unread post by Scrud »

My fav Munchkin character is the Hereos Unlimited Gestalt. made up of 1 trillion normal human beings

~end result Trillion attacks pre melee Trillion P.S. Trillion P.P. Trillion life ect.
-Floops of the Megaverse beware, Scrud the Flooper Slayer is on the Prowl

EricvonEric
D-Bee

Unread post by EricvonEric »

I've always been partial to the Lolipop guild. Those guys make me laugh. Oh, wait....wrong kind of munchkin.
Natasha
Champion

Unread post by Natasha »

Glitterboy Pilot wrote:rcc was 1/4 human, 1/4 demon, 1/2 dragon and his occ was a cosmo knight.
I sure hope the human ancestor was a dude :eek:
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Glitterboy Pilot wrote:the most munchkin i can think of that i have seen was a guy whose rcc was 1/4 human, 1/4 demon, 1/2 dragon and his occ was a cosmo knight. he got him to lvl 4 before his character eventually became a fallen cosmo knight and then a godling spited him.

So... a demi-demon mated with a dragon.....hummm. Ok I'd call that munchkin, because it falls outside the book rules by quite a bit.

As for one of my chars that stretch the rules. A Alchemic Immortal that lived from the time before Gengis Khan, through the developing of civilization and thru the time of the rifts to 'present day' Rifts time line. The stretching comes from the char being a 15th level Dedicated Martial Artist and 13th level Wu Shih. (normally the DMA part would be frozen @ L3) I figured that during the char's 2026 year lifetime the char was able to switch between OCCs several times. The char has made a few vajra that can give the char, for a time, a power level that would be the envy of Munchkin players. The use of one of the vajra, the char has SNPS of 250 and MDC:12500, for 65 min.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Normally the above char would be played as a lowed powered char, untill the gm pulls something out his @$$ to kill/maim the chars in his game. Or if the GM is a Munchkin GM which the previuse happens every game session.

Yep, the afor mention char was made to play under said munchikin gm that use to GM a pick up game just about every night in the chats.
LostOne
Champion

Unread post by LostOne »

Glitterboy Pilot wrote:just wondering do you guys think that just playing an immortal is munchkin?

Depends on your definition of Immortal. There's plenty of immortals in the books, plus many examples from TV and movies, such as the Highlander.
Mouser13
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Mouser13 »

I always like soul harvester NPC that got the necro ritural to because a vampire. Can get a vampire magic user with 1000+ M.D.C..

For a time I had a cyclops temporal wizards that could get into 9000 M.D.C. with magical ad rush and giant before they nerf them bay makeing them M.D.C. So know I add unversial balance into and get time up to about 15000 M.D.C..

Just in general I love temporal wisards with the new ley-line rules make my create/talisman temporal wizard even more broken.

Demi-god Temporal wizard with air element powers and use talismans with the torando spell in them. Don't know you can do this anymore it was allow about by the old faq, but have not seen it in any new things.
LostOne
Champion

Unread post by LostOne »

Ogrebane1 wrote:My favorite is my immortal character based on a character legend from the bible. It may seem a bit mobid but he is the roman soldier that was cursed for killing Jesus

For anyone not familiar with it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cartophilus

I've used him as an NPC in Rifts, Nightbane and HU games in the past.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Ogrebane1 wrote:My favorite is my immortal character based on a character legend from the bible. It may seem a bit mobid but he is the roman soldier that was cursed for killing Jesus (I do appologize for offending anyone out there but he exists in our world.) I found a suit of armour that my G.M. had created from a comic book. The armour has the initials W.W.E. (not the televised wrestling but think comics.) I have worn the armour for 300 years now and have not yet been consumed by it but i refuse to take it off for very long. With this armour I have taken on and defeated a Splugorth without breaking much of a sweat. So far I haven't come across a serious threat that I can't handle without any help so my G.M. is going to have a possible G.L.T. (think space) which may have me up against the heroes of the megaverse and possibly something else just as powerful but I say BRING IT ON BABY.

Note: the curse is a part of myth, it is not in the bible that he was cursed. Much like the Holy Grail is a myth that says it's roots are in the bible.
LostOne
Champion

Unread post by LostOne »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:Note: the curse is a part of myth, it is not in the bible that he was cursed. Much like the Holy Grail is a myth that says it's roots are in the bible.

See the link?
LostOne wrote:For anyone not familiar with it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cartophilus

In that link, they discuss that the legend might have come from various interpretations of a couple bible passages. Read under the "Origin of the legend" header in that article.
Dog_O_War
Champion
Comment: I'ma fight you, Steve!

Unread post by Dog_O_War »

The son of the most wanted man in North America.

Well, in my groups' Rifts universe anyways...

Way back in the day a wiley and impulsive merc headhunter by the alias Makko Gridspike (yeah, I love really cheesy and bad names) caught wind of a transaction going down in the 'burbs, and after a couple of failed business attempts of his own was meaning to prey on the other criminal elements in the burbs.

This transaction however, found him in possession of Marsellus Wallaces' soul! Not really, but the briefcase he found had a very similar effect - it contained the black credstick.
Word on the market (the black market) is that these sticks are untraceable, unblockable, and always good no matter where you are. This stick was juiced to an account for 2,000,000,000Cr. That's 2 billion - more money than any man should see in a lifetime.

So like an idiot, he spent it unchecked. He learned that lession quick, and found that he needed friends to help him protect his stolen goods.
Enter Blink - the fastest Hyperion Juicer you ever saw, and quite the looker too. These two quickly became friends, and soon more than that. Normally though getting juiced would stop something like menstration, or otherwise cause a miscarrage in the mother. Well, one stormy night while on the lamb from the CS, these two found themselves knocking boots in a ley-line storm. She was struck that night and killed instantly on the spot - but some <plot-device> magic event happened, and within that charred husk was a baby.

Skip ahead to today, 109PA and now that baby is 18 years old. That ley-storm had some lasting effects, namingly the imbuement of super-powers!

This Rifts-native has the powers of...
Extrodinary physical speed,
Extrodinary physical prowess,
Lightning reflexes,
Extrodinary physical endurance,
Superhuman strength, and
Healing factor

Additionally he's been trained personally by his father, whose' personal life philosophy has been survival of the fittest. He trained is kid to fire an e-rifle at the age of three (and as some of you might think this is not likely, I personally fired my first gun at the age of 4; a 12 gauge shotgun no less). Combined with memories of his mother, this kid learned the merc life as good as anyone by the age of 14. It was then (at the on-set of puberty) that his super-powers manifested.
Now, this superhuman merc has the training of a wilderness scout, with the additions of sharp-shooting (memories of mother) and his father's favored hand-to-hand, commando.

This character has munchkin qualities - he is an experiment superhero with skills from a Rifts OCC, as well as two illegal skill choices; sharp-shooting and HtH: Commando. This is not typically allowed in a game, but given the player (myself) and the GM (my buddy) as well as previous storylines (the above history of this character and the others is true; Gridspike is a techno-warrior character of mine) we are allowing this to take place. Why is it a "we"? Normally I am loathe to play a character that I feel is too powerful for my personal tastes, like a Glitterboy (I favor an underdog type). But I figured a change of pace would be nice for once, and this idea was actually propositioned to me by the GM.

Currently the young super-merc has found himself in a hairy predicament, as his father has disappeared and he has been left only with the equipment he took whilst on a training mission. Family history might also come back to bite him as he learns of his fathers' sorted past, as he learns of his hidden family fortune, as well as a private trust-fund set up for him...

This is my favorite munchkin character. His name? Flash Gridspike. I was gonna use Thunder-Cougar-Falcon-Bird Gridspike, but I figured T.C.F.B. was kind of a mouthful.
Thread Bandit
I didn't say "rooster"
My masters were full of cheesecake
The answer to all your "not realistic!" questions. FIREBALL!
I am a King.
I am a Renegade.
I am a Barbarian.
I cry the howl of chaos.
I am the dogs of war.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

LostOne wrote:
drewkitty ~..~ wrote:Note: the curse is a part of myth, it is not in the bible that he was cursed. Much like the Holy Grail is a myth that says it's roots are in the bible.

See the link?
LostOne wrote:For anyone not familiar with it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cartophilus

In that link, they discuss that the legend might have come from various interpretations of a couple bible passages. Read under the "Origin of the legend" header in that article.

And the relevant passages in the bible (NIV), say nothing about anyone being cursed for mocking Christ.

and this passage
'Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.'(King James Version)

Refers to the the resurrection, not the 2nd coming. Even if it does refer to the 2nd coming, He could of taken up the 'undisclosed person' up to heaven like he did with Elijah, w/o that person dying.(2nd kings 2)

Return to “G.M.s Forum”