What is your Nightbane Character

For the discussion of Nightbane™ and its supplements.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Rockwolf66
Hero

What is your Nightbane Character

Unread post by Rockwolf66 »

Hey everyone,

What Nightbane Character do you play?

My Character...

Margarita Lopez
A Celestial Scourge who has found herself in Germany Fighting the Nightloards there. She is rather shy in her human form and takes comfort in her religion, meaning the Catholic Church and the Saints.

Name: Margarita Lopez
Alignment: Aberrant
Species: Athanatos
Host: Necrosis
Path: Scourge
Attributes
I.Q.: 14
M.E.: 17
M.A.: 13
P.S.: 20 ( 34 in Gregorian)
P.P.: 26 ( 30 in Gregorian)
P.E.: 19 ( 23 in Gregorian)
P.B.: 18
Spd.: 26
Hit points: 36 (80 in Gregorian Form)
SDC: 49( 149 in Gregorian Form)
AR: 10
Horror Factor: 13
Height: 5 feet 9 inches (1.75 m), Weight: 128 lbs. (58.06 kg). Age: 23 years.
PPE: 152 , ISP: 96
Experience Level: 4th
Experience points: 13,801
OCC Skills: Literacy in Spanish (75%), English (85%), Detect Ambush (55%), Demolitions (82%), Acrobatics, Running,
OCC Related Skills: Prowl (50%), Sniper, Automobile (83%), First Aid (65%), Wilderness Survival (55%), Cooking (55%), Play Bass Guitar (55%), Basic Radio (70%),
Secondary Skills: Streetwise (36%), Religious Lore (50%), Pick Locks (50%), and Dance (50%)
Special Abilities: Gregorian Form(can fully manifest or partially manifest wings[Fly up to 70 MPH/112kmph for 1 minute per PE point or half speed for 10 minutes per PE point],Eyes[hawk-like vision and Nightvision], Chainlike Tendrils[ Supernatural PS & Chain damage], Body Appearance[Black skin & Hair, includes Extra SDC/HP] ) , Can See in Absolute Darkness (2,000' ), Barbed chain-like Tendrils ( 3D6 +PS Dam ), Immune to Supernatural transformation (Magic, Vampirism, etc.), Sense Nightbane, Guardians and other Athanatos(Register to Nightbane as Nightbane, Guardians can sense them too), Trigger Revelation in latent Athanatos, and Regeneration ( 1D6X10 per Melee ).
Magic: Shadow meld (at 1/2 Usual PPE cost), The Shroud, Bloodbath ( 16 PPE ),
Psionics: Psi-Sword(30), Inflict Pain (12)
Combat training: Hand to Hand: Martial Arts
Attacks per Melee: 3
Weapons Proficiencies: Assault Rifle, Heavy, Automatic Pistol, Sword, Chain, Spear.
Combat Bonuses: +2 to save vs. Horror Factor, +5 to Roll with Punch/ Fall/ Impact, +8(10) to Strike, +9(11) to Parry, +9(11) to Dodge, +5(19) To Damage, +8%(16%) to save Vs, Coma/Death, +2(4) to save vs. Poison in Gregorian, +2(4) to Save vs. Magic.
Equipment: Laptop, CD-ROM Religious Library, Dresser filled with blouses and dresses. Comfortable King sized bed, Decorative weapon collection, Superior Sunglasses, CD-player, a Bible, Bass Guitars(acoustic and Electric), Prepaid Cell phone, Medical bag, Police Handcuffs (x2), Military BDU's, Gun cleaning kit, Superior lock pick set, Automatic lock pick gun, Web Belt and Grenadier vest.
Armor: Hard Armor Vest (AR:12, SDC:120), Valkyrie costume[think plate mail bikini](AR:13, SDC: 50)
Weapons:

M-79 Grenade Launcher:
Range: 1,148 feet (350m) Damage: Varies Payload: 1 shot Rate of Fire: Single shot
M651 Chemical Round( 10) [Damage: Tear Gas]
M576 Multiple Projectile (4) [ Damage: 4D6 Range: 15m
M433 High Explosive Dual Purpose (100) [Damage: 1D4X100]

Colt XM-177E2 "Colt Commando" With a 3.5X scope and a Forward Grip):
Range: 656 feet (200m) Damage: 4D6 Payload: 30 shots Rate of Fire: Standard
30 round Magazine (13)
M-855 5.56X45mm Ball ( 800 rounds)
M-865 5.56X45mm Tracer ( 200 rounds)

M-1911A1:
Range:164 feet (50m) Damage: 4D6 Payload: 8 shots Rate of Fire: Standard
8 round magazine (3)
15 round magazines (6)
.45ACP hollowpoint (500 rounds)

SIG-SAUER P-220 Tactical(x2):
Range:164 feet (50m) Damage: 4D6 Payload: 8 shots Rate of Fire: Standard
8 round magazine (6)
Sound Suppressor (x2)

Benelli M-1 Super 90 entry shotgun:
Range:164 feet (50m) Damage: 4D6 Payload: 4 shots Rate of Fire: Standard
12 gauge buckshot( 250 rounds)
12 gauge slug (250 rounds)
12 gauge Stun (250 rounds)

M-67 Fragmentation Grenade:
Range:131 feet (40m) Damage: 2D4X10 Payload: one Rate of Fire: Equal to hand to hand attacks
Has 4 Grenades.

Boar Spear:
Damage: 2D6 Design Bonuses(see Compendium of W,A,C,) +2 on initiative, +1 to Strike, +1 to parry, and +2 to strike when thrown.

Flamberge:
Damage: 3D6 Design Bonuses(see Compendium of W,A,C,) +2 on initiative and +2 to parry.

Vehicle: A Small Mercedes Benz 4X4 Pickup truck with camper shell.

Money: $144,040

Does anyone else want to share?
"Having met a few brits over here i wonder about them. The Military ones I met through my dad as a kid seem to be the most ruthless men on the planet..." -Steve Hobbs
LostOne
Champion

Re: What is your Nightbane Character

Unread post by LostOne »

Rockwolf66 wrote:Species: Athanatos

Not familiar with these. Are these from the Minion War?
"But you can't make an omelet without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others." -Order of the Stick #760
Daniel Stoker
Knight
Comment: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

Unread post by Daniel Stoker »

LostOne wrote:

No, Shadows of Light.

Daniel Stoker
Judaism - More Old School than either Christianity or Islam.
Rockwolf66
Hero

Unread post by Rockwolf66 »

Daniel Stoker wrote:
LostOne wrote:

No, Shadows of Light.

Daniel Stoker

Bingo. In this case I'm playing in a game where I am 4 to 5 levels lower than the other players. Which is why I am useing that M-79. The biggest advantage a Necrosis has it it's huge healing rate. compaired to various nightlord minions and even some nightbane morphus it's relativly fragile.

The necromanic abilities seem to work best when one uses the Rifts versions of things like Create Zombie or else one ends up spending most of their limited( as compaired to a mage) PPE in upkeep.
"Having met a few brits over here i wonder about them. The Military ones I met through my dad as a kid seem to be the most ruthless men on the planet..." -Steve Hobbs
runebeo
Champion
Comment: I hope Odin allows me to stand with him at the time of Ragnarök!

Unread post by runebeo »

I have not played him in over 16 months, but he was fun to play. Wildside a were-griffin, with a nightmare pet (lion's head) on his chest and his whole body was made of blood. He was a Nightbane sorcerer.
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

The last Nightbane character I played was Jeanette, a member of the 2004 French Olympic Fencing Team and Sword Bearer OCC.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
LostOne
Champion

Unread post by LostOne »

. wrote:SEEE??? This is why I always wanted to play this game. So I could post an ubersuperKewl Nightspawn!

You've never made a nightbane NPC/villain for the group to encounter that would be worth posting?
"But you can't make an omelet without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others." -Order of the Stick #760
LostOne
Champion

Re: This SupersaiyajinNightspawn Madness!...No! This is SPARTA!

Unread post by LostOne »

. wrote:PS: 1800 (MEGA-Natural, Carrys PS in Mega-Tons, Lifts 20X's this)

I think I'd hate playing in your campaigns...

I try to make NPCs/villains by the rules, I just make them higher level or give them minions, better gear (forcefield or symbiote or something for extra MDC), etc. But everything is by the rules, if it's made up I try to balance it like it was made to actually be published or played by a player.

If you're going to have stats like that, why even write them down? Just put TAXSOR: Kills PCs in one hit, always hits, gets one attack for every attack directed at him.
AlanGunhouse
Champion

Unread post by AlanGunhouse »

Currently playing Diana Woodrow: Wampyr Circus performer.
Scrud
Explorer
Comment: Truth is subjective, which is the very reason I must rely on you to make the right choice.
Location: Alone pondering whether or not I'm a Dopplaganger or not, whether or not I'm doing the right thing

Unread post by Scrud »

~I'm currently GMing a Nightbane where my players are playing themselves.
~Myself in the game is an NPC unfortunately I was replaced by my Doppelganger long ago.
~He's in full service of the Nightlords, and usually responsible for sabotage against the group.
~Too bad for my players that they believe that I would never use my self as a spy in one of my own games.

~Who can you Trust?~
-Floops of the Megaverse beware, Scrud the Flooper Slayer is on the Prowl

Marcethus
Champion

Unread post by Marcethus »

The only NB chara I have played (I have lots that I have made but haven't seen play) is my True Atlantean Astral Mage.
AlanGunhouse
Champion

Unread post by AlanGunhouse »

I do not think True Atlanteans are native to Nightbane, though in theory one could Rift into the Nightlands and from there cross to earth in any of the normal ways.
Scrud
Explorer
Comment: Truth is subjective, which is the very reason I must rely on you to make the right choice.
Location: Alone pondering whether or not I'm a Dopplaganger or not, whether or not I'm doing the right thing

Unread post by Scrud »

Marcethus wrote:The only NB chara I have played (I have lots that I have made but haven't seen play) is my True Atlantean Astral Mage.

~he may have use the astral plane to get there
~Or possibly was brought there by an acquaintance from the Astral Plane
-Floops of the Megaverse beware, Scrud the Flooper Slayer is on the Prowl

csbioborg
Champion
Comment: Lazlo and its supporters talk of Dbee rights. Can you even comprehend the plight of the untold billions of humans evicted from thier homes since their coming? What of their rights?

Unread post by csbioborg »

Think of a combination of Burt from the Tremors movie mixed with Crtical Bill from 10 thinks to do in denver when your dead with the blond haired crazy mercenary from the Substiute and Wago from vanishing son mixed together newly made he is a milita member recruited by the spook squa. A 26 ME and the resist tortue skill makes even a vampire hynotic suggestion hard. Was called by a Oherhi of odion and given power (most of which I don't know about yet) so dar he can see any superntural creature for what they are i.e. a night bane alawyas looks like his morphus , regen superntural strengh at times. He is used with the Special Forces OCC but is part of a independent team of guys that get tips to from the spook squad a stipend and equpment.

Were just triying it out but the premise is the government has begun the great condiscation of fiorearms as the NRA always said they come after him and out of game he dusted severa minions of Morlock and made it out.
Its a new game but I like nightbane I hope there is continued interest
I remember days like this when my father took me to the forest and we ate wild blueberries. More than 20 years ago. I was just a boy of four or five. The leaves were so dark and green then. The grass smelled sweet with the spring wind...For us, there is no spring. Just the wind that smells fresh before the storm.
Marcethus
Champion

AlanGunhouse wrote:I do not think True Atlanteans are native to Nightbane, though in theory one could Rift into the Nightlands and from there cross to earth in any of the normal ways.

Scrud wrote:
Marcethus wrote:The only NB chara I have played (I have lots that I have made but haven't seen play) is my True Atlantean Astral Mage.

~he may have use the astral plane to get there
~Or possibly was brought there by an acquaintance from the Astral Plane

To answer you both. No True Atlanteans are not native to Nightbane Earth. However I wrote it up in my characters back ground that a group of Atlanteans when fleeing the destruction of Atlantis ended up in the Astral Plane wandered there for a time and found an Astral Kingdom that was on the verge of destruction due to rampant uncontrolled ley line storms. Using their Stone Mastery they created Pyramids over various Nexi and contained the threat. And they are now a thriving Community deep within the Inner Plane. My character was born in said kingdom and showed the powers of an astral mage.
Marcethus
Champion

oh yeah I do have another Nightbane character I have a Werepanther Nordanor of the Donathair.

He was in a game called SDC Madness, Twas one hell of a blast of a game.
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

lilgirllost wrote:My one and only NB character was a werepanther of the tribe Donathair...talk about fun!!! Got the killing blow on a Nightlord....hehe....then had to kill most of the party because they knew about the tribes.....sad, really....

I've got a Werepanther Donathair featuring in one of my story arcs on Lazlo Society.

Outcome for him isn't so good I'm afraid.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
Marcethus
Champion

I am gonna have to head check out the Lazlo Society one of these days.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

the ones I've played
NB earth: Jade: with a statue morph, Ryu: blue dragon, and brill: chroma infiltrator, Joey: angle morphius, Joi: living magic

on rifts earth Rami: with mecha form mophius UNSpacy valkaree blue with red trim, Yuki: dual morphus PA /earth goddess, tom: child of the mon, tiger, nu-hu wang power incaenate, TJ: black dragon with familier, Lina: lina Inverse like alike, Ai: necrossis defender, Asuka: beutifull girl with unicorn, Angella: faerie wizard w/ Kite familier

other settings:Tim: aruthur look alike (undefined's SDC madness), Emilly: child of the moon tiger(PF), Nancy: child of the moon tiger(HU), Walton: child of the moon tiger(PF)
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Colt47
Champion
Comment: Keeper of the Pies

Unread post by Colt47 »

In the heart filled tradition of keeping old threads alive, this is my Nightbane character I've fallen in loved with yet never got a chance to play yet due to lack of local games with good times. She is a medieval Cyborg type "Knight"bane with physical perfection, Mechanical limbs, Exoskeleton, and Sculpted Metal body. To keep with the flavor I gave her hand to hand: Ritterliche Kunst made by Kuseru, which has turned her into one very effective melee crunching tank type character. Aeria has 512 SDC and 72 hp in Nightbane form and has IQ 12, ME 23, MA 13, PS 44, PP 28, PE 36, PB 22, and Spd 33. She has two weaknesses: She takes double damage from Fire based attacks, and she sinks like a rock in water, weighing 436 lbs.
Norbu the Enchanter: Hello friends! What brings you to my shop today?

Big Joe: We need some things enchanted to take a beating...

Norbu: Perhaps you want your weapons enchanted? Or maybe a shield or sword? I can even enchant armor!

Big Joe: We need you to enchant this Liver, this heart, and these kidneys.

Norbu: :shock:
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Colt47 wrote:In the heart filled tradition of keeping old threads alive, this is my Nightbane character I've fallen in loved with yet never got a chance to play yet due to lack of local games with good times. She is a medieval Cyborg type "Knight"bane with physical perfection, Mechanical limbs, Exoskeleton, and Sculpted Metal body. To keep with the flavor I gave her hand to hand: Ritterliche Kunst made by Kuseru, which has turned her into one very effective melee crunching tank type character. Aeria has 512 SDC and 72 hp in Nightbane form and has IQ 12, ME 23, MA 13, PS 44, PP 28, PE 36, PB 22, and Spd 33. She has two weaknesses: She takes double damage from Fire based attacks, and she sinks like a rock in water, weighing 436 lb..

If you can play play by (forum) post, then try this site out, http://arcticfrogstudios.dyndns.org/phpbb2/ , we need another NB/S player.
Not to mention more players in general, most of the players have 2-5 PCs, and to expand the games we need some new players.

The PBP NB/S char that I'm running for this site's game is an awaked Doppleganger of a mage, that isn't too confident yet.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Colt47
Champion
Comment: Keeper of the Pies

Unread post by Colt47 »

Hmm, a forum game? I'll go give it a look over.
Norbu the Enchanter: Hello friends! What brings you to my shop today?

Big Joe: We need some things enchanted to take a beating...

Norbu: Perhaps you want your weapons enchanted? Or maybe a shield or sword? I can even enchant armor!

Big Joe: We need you to enchant this Liver, this heart, and these kidneys.

Norbu: :shock:
Dash
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Dash »

If I remember correctly You played in the chat game with us back in the day. Either Cody Blythe or Albert Vornst

I think I just killed your character off, offscreen though. Sorry about that, just was cutting the long dormant characters free to the afterlife.

Please, do check out the site though.
Tyrannosapiens Rex of The Player's Keep (formerly Explorers Unlimited)

Maybe you remember Living Mercenaries?
Anthar
Hero
Comment: Killer of threads.

Unread post by Anthar »

Frank, a large(8ft) frankenstein like monster, patchwork skin and large mechanical arms that resemble technology from the steam era, metal steam pipes erupting from his back, bear chested wearing brown leather pants and boots.
"I love my dad because he is awesome."-My son.
Caution these rules are unclear and may be open to gross interpretation and out right misinterpretation. GM discression is strongly advised.
Archmichael
Wanderer

Unread post by Archmichael »

One of the more disturbing and fun games we ever played (as corny as this sounds) was a game in which we played ourselves. I was playing with a group of really good friends who knew each other for years. The GM assigned the morphus traits and had even had many insightful suggestions on skill picks from our real lives. He was disturbingly accurate! We started the campaign on dark day, assuming we were all freshmen in college. We played through 5th level. Starting out without factions, being recruited by the Underground and eventually joining the Resistance at 4th level.

My Morphus ended up: Were-Canine (Wolf) [I have always loved wolves], Bony Spiked Exoskeleton [I was a high school football lineman and bouncer in college], Physical Perfection [I am fairly certain this was irony at the time]. My character ended up with the following stats: IQ 15 ME 10 MA 19 PS 18(36) PP 11 (18) PE 14 (30) PB 17 (20) Spd 14(30) SDC: 380 [OKay so maybe I had an over-inflated opinion of my MA and PB.... what can I say]
Skills (based on RL I might add)
Speak American 98%
Literacy
Math: Basic 80%
Pilot Automobile 70%
Writing 50%
Research 75%
Photography 60%
Computer Operation 75%
Anthropology 45%
Play Musical Instrument: Violin 60%
First Aid 70%
Swimming 75%
Radio: Basic 70%
Basic Mechanics 60%
Land Navigation 58%
Wilderness Survival 55%
Athletics
Wrestling
Boxing
Hand to Hand Basic
W.P. Automatic Pistol
W.P. Automatic Rifle
Lore: Nightlands 50% (2nd RCC Related)
Lore: Nightbane 50% (2nd RCC Related)
Detect Ambush 40% (4th Secondary)
Military Strategy/Tactics 40% (4th Secondary)
Body Building (5th RCC Related)
Running (5th RCC Related)

Powers:
Transform Façade/Morphus: DC 12, +3 to save
Façade Nightvision 200 feet
Morphus Nightvision: 500 ft
Sense Nightbane: 450 ft
Regenerate 10 S.D.C. per round
Mirror Walk 2 PPE
Immune to all forms of Mind Control, Immune to all transformation
Morphus H.F. 14
Morphus A.R. 12 (against normal weapons, zero against magic and supernatural attacks)
# of Attacks: 6(7)
Perception: +1(+3)
Initiative: (+3)
To Strike: +1(+6)
To Parry: +5 (+10)
To Dodge: +5 (+10)
Can Entangle To Roll: +5 To Save vs. HF: +3
Façade Punch: 1d4+5, Façade Kick 1d6+5
Morphus: Bite: 10d6+11, Claws: 8d6+23 Punch: 7d6+23
Wrestling: Body block/Pin 18+, Squeeze attack 1d4+21
Boxing: Knockout on Natural 20
Talents: Shadowshield, Premonition, Darksong, Astral Self, Reshape Facade, Speed of Darkness, Descry, Shadowslide, See Truth, Nightbringer, Animate Shadow, Doorway

Here are my notes from the campaign

Chris Dinn (NOT MY REAL NAME) Major Events

Personality
Levels 1-3 (While in the Underground)
Chris has a gregarious personality, and is a likable guy who is loyal to a fault. However, underneath this generally pleasant exterior he has a quick temper and in stressful situations he is prone to fits of violent anger. This anger quickly subsides, but with the power of his Morphus form, the results can be devastating. The death of his family and his subsequent thrust into the world of constant supernatural war has left its toll on Chris’s psyche. Although he puts forth a façade of happiness, Chris is ruled by two main emotions; fear and anger. He fears the Nightlords and their power, yet this fear drives his anger over both his current situation and the murder of his family at the hands of the Nightlord minions. During this time, Chris seeks direction from the more senior members of the Underground as he is unsure of himself in this new world. However, as time passes, his fear lessens and his anger turns from white hot, reckless rage to a cold resolve. Towards third level, his natural leadership ability manifests and he tends to push the envelope towards conflict.

Levels 4-5 (Member of the Resistance)
By the time Chris joins the Resistance at 4th level, he has become harder and more distant. Although he is still a generally likable person, his long exposure to supernatural combat and the hardships of living in the world of Nightlord terrors has tempered his need for acceptance. He has seen many new friends and loved ones fall to the Nightlord forces. He has very nearly been killed a number of times in the same conflicts. His anger and fear have been turned into a simmering hatred for the Nightlords and their minions. Chris has matured and now views the conflict from a more philosophical standpoint. He has come to realize the stakes of the conflict are larger than personal revenge and has come to realize that he now is fighting for a cause larger then just himself. He also is beginning to think that in order for victory against the Nightlords to stand any chance whatsoever, it will be important for the Nightbane in every faction to work together and coordinate their efforts. However, he does not trust the other supernatural foes of the Nightlords. He wishes he could trust the Spook Squad, but the horror stories of the older Nightbane in the Underground (and his own personal experience with some trigger-happy ex-military spooks) have tempered his trust.

March 6 2000: Dark Day:
Chris is in college some distance away from home. He stays inside his apartment during the small civil disturbances that befall the college town he lives in and is generally unaffected by the disturbances.

August 15, 2002
Chris’s father is fired from the state police force for asking too many questions.

October 1, 2002
Chris loses contact with his family.

October 3, 2002
Chris arrived at his home to find that his family is missing. Police tape cordons off the house and plywood covers the front door. Inside he finds dramatic blood stains in multiple areas of the house. Chris finds out that his family has been murdered with the crime unsolved.

October 5, 2002
Two local policemen come to Chris’s family home. Chris knows them, but they act very strange, as if they had never met, and order him to leave the premises, citing that it is a crime scene. Chris objects, getting angry at the police at their insensitivity. One policeman draws a nightstick and strikes Chris, knocking him to the ground. The other policeman draws his gun and fires, hitting Chris in the shoulder. Chris runs into his room frantically looking for a way out when he undergoes the change. Chris tears the first cop apart as he enters the room. The second cop fires repeatedly, but Chris roars at him and stuns him. The roar brings two hounds from the rear of the police van, who immediately attack. Chris takes some damage but rends them apart.

Chris changes back to human form, shaken but unhurt. He quickly gathers camping and communication gear, weapons, clothes and what other valuables are left from his home. He leaves in his father’s four wheel drive truck and travels to an extended family member’s residence. He tells them the story and shows them the darkblade he took from one of the hounds. They tell him of the terror tactics of the police and the many disappearances around town. They give him money and tell him to run from town and not to return.

The Nightlord run police force find the carnage at the family home and send out an APB on Chris, labeling him a suspected cop-killer.

October 6, 2002
Chris travels quietly across the Midwest back to his college town, to lay low, traveling using secondary roads.

October 8, 2002
Chris contacts a college friend who is familiar with the supernatural. Chris tells his friend what transpired and transforms in from of him. The friend, who dabbles in magic himself, is surprised but does not panic. The friend searches on the internet for clues to Chris’s condition.

October 9, 2002
NSB agents backed by local police break down the door to Chris’s apartment, acting on a warrant issued by the hometown police force. Chris is just a block away on foot and catches sight of the raid and lays low on the street.

October 10, 2002
Chris’s friend is contacted by the Underground Railroad about his inquiries about the Nightbane. The friend arranges a meeting between Chris and these people who can answer his questions. However, NSB agents obtain information regarding the contact and arrest Chris’s friend (who subsequently disappears). Chris’s picture is broadcast on the local television as a cop-killer and wanted for questioning.

October 11, 2002
Chris is discovered camping at a rural campsite outside of his college town by county sheriffs. A firefight ensues, and Chris transforms and attacks, seriously mauling both men.

Chris flees, but before he gets far, a black van approaches and Chris somehow knows that the people inside are like him. They pull up and instruct him to get in if he wants to live. The men in the van are members of the Nightbane Underground Railroad. Chris travels with them to Kentucky. The men tell him of the Nightbane and the Underground Railroad and who he is as they travel to their home base in Mammoth Cave National Park. This national park is run by an underground railroad Nightbane cell.

October 17, 2002 – April 29, 2003
Chris is taken in by the Nightbane Underground Railroad and learns about the secret world he lives in. He travels to the Nightlands and sees the desolation and terror of the Nightlords. Chris works with Underground Railroad teams to rescue other Nightbane from the Nightlords. However, his involvement in these missions is always limited to direct combat operations due to the fact that he is wanted by the NSB. Chris is frustrated by the Undergrounds stance of non-involvement against the Nightlord invasion. During this time Chris develops his Nighbane powers. He focuses his rage and his wolf Morphus to naturally learn Talents including the Underground-taught ability to enter the Astral Plane at will. Chris questions if running and hiding is the right thing to do, since he was given the ability to fight the Nightlords and their minions so effectively.

April 30, 2003
Chris goes with the members of his Underground Cell to the Astral Freak Club ostensibly to celebrate his birthday but really it is a secret attempt by the cell leader to show Chris the dangers of congregation. However while there, Chris is approached by members of the Resistance. A Resistance cell at the club approach him and the Underground party. They start a debate on the methods of each Nightbane faction, introducing Chris to parts of Nightbane society he has never been exposed to. The Resistance cell gives Chris a web address with instructions to contact them when he is ready to take the fight to the Nightlords and avenge his family.

May 7, 2003
Chris goes on a mission with the Underground that is a fiasco. Heavy combat ensues against Nighlord minions. The underground cell leaves Chris in single combat against an Ashmedi while they flee to the Astral Plane. Chris barely escapes with his life. Chris feels betrayed by the Underground and contacts the Resistance.

June 1-July 3 , 2003
Chris joins the Resistance as a private. He undergoes basic training including firearms training. He is rapidly included in mission planning and execution. Chris’s powerful Morphus form and developed Nightbane powers make him a natural for special operations centered on heavy combat.

July 4, 2003-Jan 1, 2006
Chris starts combat operations with the Resistance

Combat Operations of Note
Operation Blue:
Our team infiltrated the Springfield police department and set explosives and destroyed the Springfield Police Commissioner, Police Chief, most of the command staff and numerous policemen, almost all of which were doppelgangers or supernatural minions.

Operation Counter-Strike:
After a Resistance Cell was wiped out by the NSB Fast Response Team, our team comes up with an attack plan on the FRT. Between a moving van full of explosives and a direct assault of the survivors the entire FRT was destroyed including the Night Prince in command.

Operation Blood Sucker
After our underground safehouse is attacked by a large force of vampires, our team tracks them to their lair and eliminates them and the master vampire in charge.

Recruitment Mission
Central command sends orders our team to recruit a young bane, he was already targeted by the Warlords street gang. A battle between our Resistance Cell and the Warlord gang ensued.

Disagreement with the Guardians
Our cell was about to detonate a semi-truck full of fertilizer explosives next to a limousine carrying a Nightlord avatar when we were stopped by a group of Guardians. Once the convoy has passed tempers flare and a fight ensued three Guardians were killed and so was Suzy Q.

Nightlands Mission
The Cell meets up with the Warcamp and started to participate on a mission to assassinate a Magog avatar. We never finished the mission (quit playing)
"Lurking on the Palladium Boards since 2004!"
runebeo
Champion
Comment: I hope Odin allows me to stand with him at the time of Ragnarök!

Unread post by runebeo »

My new character I'm playing in Nightbane is a True Atlantean Shifter, his name is Troyta. Instead of using just demons and such, if Troyta can find out a Nightbane's or Guardian true name and get some of their blood he can force them to serve him for if he wins a battle of wills each week. He is also the first evil character I have ever played and boy is he a bad man. In our present game our group are mob assassin hired to safeguard the family's business from the Nightlord's invasion and collect our protection money from local business owners. Its kinda like the Sopranos meets the Darkness with a huge helping of Blade with lots of vampire gangsters.
I will be 125 living in Rio de Janeiro when the Great Cataclysm comes, I will not survive long but I will be cloned threw the Achilles project and my clones will be Achilles Neo-Humans that will start a new Jedi order in Psyscape. So You May Strike Me Down & I Will Become More Powerful Than You Can Possibly Imagine. Let the Clone Wars begin!
Quantum07
Explorer

Unread post by Quantum07 »

I have a Nightbane that is an Were-Arachnid, Glowing Eyes, Articulated Spines, Physical Perfection, Living Tattoos (Kinda hard to see under the hair), Rocket Jets, and a Chalk Outline. He works for a kind of mob-esk Nightbane group. He takes care of the people that are hardest to get too. Thus, he is a Sorcerer, and has such talents as Doorway, Shadow Slide, and Lightning Rider. And he loves to intimidate, with Shroud, Swarm Self, and Lay Bare the Soul.

Return to “Nightbane®”