Telekinesis and Ectoplasm by Mark Hall.

For the discussion of all things in the Rifter. As well as ideas for the Rifter and so on.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Scrud
Explorer
Comment: Truth is subjective, which is the very reason I must rely on you to make the right choice.
Location: Alone pondering whether or not I'm a Dopplaganger or not, whether or not I'm doing the right thing

Telekinesis and Ectoplasm by Mark Hall.

Unread post by Scrud »

This topic is(Telekinesis and Ectoplasm by Mark Hall.) coming out in the October rifter, and I remember hearing about it some time ago.

~I believe it focuses on the nature if the powers(Please keep in mind I know absolutely no more than that) and I'm very excited to read about it

~My question is before the rifter hits our store shelves and front steps, what does our forum community think about these "oh so" important powers and just how their mechanics work

~Oh and if your name is Mark Hall or if you have any idea what his thoughts are on the subject please don't share that information (I'm sure he would not enjoy it, and the rest of us don't what any spoilers. Because that’s what they do Spoil!), I waiting like an anxious school girl and I would rather continue waiting till I got the book to hear the official ruling.

~Now my thoughts are such 1. Ectoplasm is the stuff of the Astral plane. All inanimate things in the Astral plane are made of it, this includes all weapons that have been attuned (they are merely imitations built from ectoplasm). That being said Psychics have the ability to alter ectoplasm because, ectoplasm reacts to the thoughts of the mind. In the same way and other materials react to heat, cold, averse chemicals, ect. Ectoplasm has the ability to take on the properties of other materials, as well as having a few unique properties of its own. Some power is required though much the same way as you require heat to bend metal, electricity to make magnets. The psychic or mage requires I.S.P. or P.P.E. to change ectoplasm, sometimes a permanent sacrifice is required and the bigger the change the more power that is required (such as making ones realm). Its also possible for a psychic to pull ectoplasm from their bodies and use it outside of the astral plane (possible using their bodies as a portal) and use it in much the same way (by altering it with their minds), Although none of these constructs are permanent. Then again Who knows maybe the entire megaverse is a construct of ectoplasm created by the collective thoughts of all that inhabit it, and based on what they perceive as reality.

~I'm currently undecided on how I feel about the physics of telekinesis but will post my thought soon

~I would also like to reiterate that I have no idea what Mark Hall or the rest of the Palladium's crew think about this subject nor do I have any intention of slandering his work, and if you do know anything about the next rifter PLEASE don't post anything that you know will be in the next rifter.
-Floops of the Megaverse beware, Scrud the Flooper Slayer is on the Prowl

Return to “The Rifter® Forum”