Palladium Fantasy GM Manager

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Natasha
Champion
Comment: Doomed to crumble unless we grow, and strengthen our communication.

Re: Palladium Fantasy GM Manager

Unread post by Natasha »

Geek. :P

Looks pretty cool though. It's always nice to learn new technology on a project you can get into on a personal level.

The most I ever did was write a small interface to edit and store character data in a db output to xml and used transformations to get something printable. Even that proved a little bit of overkill for our group, so it never became anything more robust.

I think it would be cool if Palladium published an xml schema for megaversal characters. That would allow me to use my character in somebody else's system seamlessly.
count zero
Explorer
Comment: I could be bounded in a nutshell, and count myself a king of infinite space, were it not that I have bad dreams.

Re: Palladium Fantasy GM Manager

Unread post by count zero »

Expression Blend is another option for GUI design. It uses XAML for the interface and Visual Basic for the code-behind. You wouldn't have to port any of your VB code to Java if you don't want to. I 've found that Blend does have a steep learning curve and a frustrating overall lack of resources for learning (books and/or via the Web), but you can do a lot with it and create a pretty nice UI that's fairly robust even without code-behind (including Flash-style animation).

Ø

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”