can dragon juicers get magic tattoos/anyway to replicatethem

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

csbioborg
Champion
Comment: Lazlo and its supporters talk of Dbee rights. Can you even comprehend the plight of the untold billions of humans evicted from thier homes since their coming? What of their rights?

can dragon juicers get magic tattoos/anyway to replicatethem

Unread post by csbioborg »

can dragon juicers get magic tattos or lord magi that have turned mdc or any of the other once human charecters that once get alterd through magic

it would seem no but then gun brothers from three galazies can become bioborgs and get tattoss with the right rolls

or in the alternative can you cast a tatto into a talisman or other object and use it like a tattoo
I remember days like this when my father took me to the forest and we ate wild blueberries. More than 20 years ago. I was just a boy of four or five. The leaves were so dark and green then. The grass smelled sweet with the spring wind...For us, there is no spring. Just the wind that smells fresh before the storm.
csbioborg
Champion
Comment: Lazlo and its supporters talk of Dbee rights. Can you even comprehend the plight of the untold billions of humans evicted from thier homes since their coming? What of their rights?

Re: can dragon juicers get magic tattoos/anyway to replicatethem

anybody?
I remember days like this when my father took me to the forest and we ate wild blueberries. More than 20 years ago. I was just a boy of four or five. The leaves were so dark and green then. The grass smelled sweet with the spring wind...For us, there is no spring. Just the wind that smells fresh before the storm.
Balabanto
Champion

Unread post by Balabanto »

No. Bioregenerating creatures should not be allowed Magic Tattoos.
csbioborg
Champion

Balabanto wrote:No. Bioregenerating creatures should not be allowed Magic Tattoos.

Splynn Dimensional Market has a parlor that specializes in tattoss for bioregenerating creatures

I was thinking the transformation make them less than human like a dbee so they can't get them now

since only ogres humna and elves and chiang ku can
csbioborg
Champion

that dosen't quite work for my case becasue I want to munchkin out the fallen cyberknight turned dragon juicer from juicer uprsing he's been kept alive by ancient dragon blood it is PA111-12 and juicer upring was 103 so that gives me time to turn hium into the human supremist from hell but I want to stay roughly to the orginally NPC
Giant2005
Knight

Unread post by Giant2005 »

I'd say no.
Human mutants and super powered beings can't get magic tattoos. I think a Dragon Juicer falls closer to the realm of super-powered than human.

It is a definite no to the tatto as a talisman thing - a tattoo isn't a spell. What you could do is make a Bio-Wizard weapon - something like a staff with a hand on the end that has the tattoo you want.
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Yes they can. The magic tattoos are different than regular tattoos. If bio-regenerating creatures couldn't get them, then there wouldn't be chiang-ku dragons with them.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
rat_bastard
Kreelockian
Comment: Maybe if my sig line is clever enough someone will finally love me.

Unread post by rat_bastard »

If you want to munchkin out a Juicer, put a Phaeton in Power armor.
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
csbioborg
Champion

rat_bastard wrote:If you want to munchkin out a Juicer, put a Phaeton in Power armor.

ya but I want to use the preexisting NPC from Juicer uprsing

its been nearly 10 years on this timeline so he's had time to get more powerful
csbioborg
Champion

Zerebus wrote:
csbioborg wrote:
rat_bastard wrote:If you want to munchkin out a Juicer, put a Phaeton in Power armor.

ya but I want to use the preexisting NPC from Juicer uprsing

its been nearly 10 years on this timeline so he's had time to get more powerful

10 years........... for a Dragon Juicer....
D.Juicer lifespan is 5 years and 4D6 months, ancient dragon blood adds 6D6 months.... assuming maximum rolls (highly unlikely), you'd get 5 years plus 60 months, or 10 years total.

Chances are this NPC is dead.

ancient dragon blood board ruling is each application add 6d6 months and you can keep doind it

Slayer will be the oldest living dragon juicer at 14 years
csbioborg
Champion

Zerebus wrote:
csbioborg wrote:ancient dragon blood board ruling is each application add 6d6 months and you can keep doind it

News to me. :shock:

well it says it in the OCC desciption add 6d6 for a applicaion of anicent dragon blood but it didn't say how many times it could be done
csbioborg
Champion

Zerebus wrote:Yeah, but typically logic like that is used to exploit typos and mistakes for maximal roll-playing effect with little regard for game balance... er.... I mean such logic is usually bad.

Honestly how many dragon juicers are going to be getting ancient dragon blood not adult but 5k plus old

and have you ever thought about how unbalancing a tatto man is

powr tatto 75 mdc per level 40ppe
level 10 750 plua his standard mbc
he gets a monster tatto now he can have 1550 mdc so hardly that unblancing compaared to others
csbioborg
Champion

Evil Psychologist wrote:
csbioborg wrote:
Zerebus wrote:Yeah, but typically logic like that is used to exploit typos and mistakes for maximal roll-playing effect with little regard for game balance... er.... I mean such logic is usually bad.

Honestly how many dragon juicers are going to be getting ancient dragon blood not adult but 5k plus old

I suppose the ones who work for ancient dragons or have great contraband connections.

then they have to know a top level alchemist to refine it
csbioborg
Champion

Evil Psychologist wrote:Sure.. but a legendary alchemist is always a stone's throw from an ancient dragon.

You're right, strictly speaking, most dragon juicers will not have that kind of luck or opportunity; more often dragons would see them as a menace.. but there are always those exceptions to the general rule, typically that bias works for any player character in any game for any GM who is open to entertaining their ideas.

The big allure of the dragon juicer over the other varieties is the pipe dream of a greatly extended lifespan by comparison, with just as many losers and failures as any other O.C.C.

sure but it keeps a nice pregen NPC that has a part in y game alive besides so it nice to have a plausible reason
for him to not die

I also find the last call copletly avoidable if you can get cloned parts constantly it makes sense that if you body is bruning out and you replaced said parts you are fine

(mega juicers are the big exception along with the maxi killer since there reasons for death are mystical
csbioborg
Champion

Zerebus wrote:
csbioborg wrote:I also find the last call copletly avoidable if you can get cloned parts constantly it makes sense that if you body is bruning out and you replaced said parts you are fine

You're going to replace the strained bloodvessels running through a character's brain (and everywhere else) via cloned body parts? Good luck.

not forever but other than the brain why not
csbioborg
Champion

Zerebus wrote:Because the whole problem with this is that you're adding stress to the system with every transplant. You can't transplant the whole system. The parts that hold the transplants together are going to deteriorate and fast.

But that's not actually the point. The point is that the Juicer class is one that is supposed to be doomed. Subverting that reality isn't about technological innovation or some form of ingenius progress in the overall process. Subverting it is about players who don't want to face the consequences of their choices.

why not make better augmentations

Shadowrun did a very fine job with that

To a lesser extent so does HU

One thing that gets me about augmentation is the price that is themed

by this point in development we should have abetter heart better lungs that can withstand the stress of bening a juicer IRMSS to heal all the little damage that happend by starining it
AlanGunhouse
Champion

Unread post by AlanGunhouse »

csbioborg wrote:that dosen't quite work for my case becasue I want to munchkin out the fallen cyberknight turned dragon juicer from juicer uprsing he's been kept alive by ancient dragon blood it is PA111-12 and juicer upring was 103 so that gives me time to turn hium into the human supremist from hell but I want to stay roughly to the orginally NPC

No can do, fallen cyberknights are not human any more.
csbioborg
Champion

AlanGunhouse wrote:
csbioborg wrote:that dosen't quite work for my case becasue I want to munchkin out the fallen cyberknight turned dragon juicer from juicer uprsing he's been kept alive by ancient dragon blood it is PA111-12 and juicer upring was 103 so that gives me time to turn hium into the human supremist from hell but I want to stay roughly to the orginally NPC

No can do, fallen cyberknights are not human any more.

that was cyberknight not cosmo knight
AlanGunhouse
Champion

Oh, my error, but to answer the question then. Assuming they were human, they can get tattoos up to five before they become the juicer, and may still use them possibly. The sixth tattoo transforms them into something more than human, and bars them from using any other magic. Therefore, since being a dragon juicer is a magical process, it should prevent the dragon juice from working.
kevarin
Adventurer

Unread post by kevarin »

removed part about juiciers lifespan sorry for posting it here

under section 5 gives the juicier 2D4x10 PPE but stats thay cant learn
magic and cant use psionic powers so can thay access there PPE
to use a magic tattoo is a good question ?

and if a dragon juicier was a fallen cyberknight then he should under those rules loose his
psionic powers in the process to become the dragon juicier right ?
Last edited by kevarin on Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://kevarin.deviantart.com/# my little attempt to add some color to the Palladium world

My gun does 4d6x1000 MD! There's no way this guy is gonna survive.
-- Famous Last Words of Rifts Players
Library Ogre
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

Personally, I would allow a Dragon Juicer to extend it by 6D6 months every time... but it would have to be fresh blood each time, and would require a year (at least) between treatments.

You either need a sponsor, or to kill a bunch of dragons.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
AlanGunhouse
Champion

There is another thread somewhere just on the topic of extending dragon juicer lifespan I think, no need to repeat the arguements here.
sennin
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by sennin »

I would say that the only way to significantly extend the life of a juicer is to do what it says in the books - become a 'borg.
The Galactus Kid
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

AlanGunhouse wrote:There is another thread somewhere just on the topic of extending dragon juicer lifespan I think, no need to repeat the arguements here.

Agreed. This thread is about the magic tatoos. Please continue the lifespan discussion on another thread.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Mouser13
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Mouser13 »

Nothing in the rules that say they can't, but like you have said they are not really humans anymore. Personally I would not allow it.

Return to “Rifts®”