Alternate Dimensions

Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Roscoe Del'Tane
Adventurer

Re: Alternate Dimensions

Unread post by Roscoe Del'Tane »

taalismn wrote:Safe drivers are offered a new incentive/bonus with their auto insurance...karma points that can be cashed in for magically disciplining jackarse drivers who break the law and/or common sense...Working like PPE and spells, 'empowered' drivers can spend a little of their accumulated 'road rage points' to simply give the idiot in question a purple nurple or itching rash to let them know they've been tagged by somebody who is less than satisfied with their driving, or blow a lot to have their car instantly rust away or teleported off the road into a holding area they have to pay a fine to get their car out of...

Beautiful, it brings a tear to my eye to consider that last one, sheer poetry :cry: . We need to get somebody on this right away!

All those old historical tales about dragons are actually true. As it turns out, there was an accident involving a Rift, and all the children from every species of dragon was dropped onto our world sometime in the past. It may have taken several thousand years, but the adult dragons have finally tracked down the dimension their children were sent too. Imagine the devastation when they find out their spawn were all slain ages ago...

Ben Franklin takes the whole 'flying-a-kite-with-a-key-on-it' thing to the next level. His town is criss-crossed with a series of iron cables above the roofs, acting as a bunch of lightning rods. The cables lead to batteries which store the electrical power, granting his town free power for very little cost.

Aliens 'land' on Earth, sorta. They send a series of unmanned landing craft down to the surface, and remote controlled robots are sent out to interact with the populace. All is going well until a group of dumb kids sneak onto one of the ships and accidentally activate the auto-security features, which turns the peaceful robots into berserk killing machines. The world governments have to band together to fend off this inhumane menace from the stars.
You'd be suprised at what the G.M. will allow with a little blackmail and bribery...

"Jack! You've debauched my sloth!" - Steven Matrin

"Artillery is the King of the Battlefield, Infantry is the Queen; and everybody knows what the King does to the Queen."- Stuart, from StarDestroyer.net
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Aliens land and they're IDIOTS...long ago their civilization pretty much solved everything and set up everything to be perfect...now their descendants, with hardly any idea how things are run, zip around the cosmos, snorting their equivalent of coke, getting boozed, partying all the time, and raising hell when they come in contact with other less advanced races....The First Contact teams sent to make contact are heckled, taunted, and abused, and our air traffic is subjected to the sort of joy-riffing antics we see with skateboarders and highway speed jockeys when the cops aren't around...
The aliens' society IS breaking down...systems are falling apart without repair, and generations of substance abuse and casual unprotected sex with drugs are causing genetic degeneration...but when the aliens' civilization collapses, will these spoiled jerks pull the rest of sentient life down with them, ...or can Earth even survive their visit here?
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

Those are some great ones! Hope you get better fast Roscoe!

Doctors are able to heal any person of any ill. They also have expanded the overall population lifespan to hundreds of years. People just don't die from illness. Although they can die from accidents. But even then there is full cloning and memory implanting. So they have achieved a sort of immortality.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
Roscoe Del'Tane
Adventurer

At the end of the year 1999, at the stroke of midnight, The Creator of the entire Multiverse comes to Earth. He is taken aback by several things, like the legalizing of tabbacco ("That stuff'll kill ya!"), to the outlawing of cannibis ("That and beer is proof I wanted you to be happy!") After several days of uncomfortable and ackward co-existence, the Creator leaves...to start over from scratch.

The perfect medium for making hard copies of data that will never fade or otherwise become illegible is to brand it on the back of a baby seal. Monks and other religous orders around the world have been running secret breeding programs for centuries before this discovery comes out.

Aliens from several dozen millenia ago 'gave' Man fire, and they have come to collect on our debt to them.

The Bugs from System Failure turn out to be US (aka humanity) a few dozen million years in the future. The Bug-Boy program is very successfull, but they can pass on their genetic information with a touch now, and want to inflict their horrors on others.

The pyramids turn out to be gigantic four sided dice that the Splugorth used a long time ago. Arceologists freak out when they discover six, eight, ten, twelve, and twenty sided pyramids in a vast underground cave system. Then they wake something up.
You'd be suprised at what the G.M. will allow with a little blackmail and bribery...

"Artillery is the King of the Battlefield, Infantry is the Queen; and everybody knows what the King does to the Queen."- Stuart, from StarDestroyer.net
taalismn
Priest

Roscoe Del'Tane wrote:
taalismn wrote:Safe drivers are offered a new incentive/bonus with their auto insurance...karma points that can be cashed in for magically disciplining jackarse drivers who break the law and/or common sense...Working like PPE and spells, 'empowered' drivers can spend a little of their accumulated 'road rage points' to simply give the idiot in question a purple nurple or itching rash to let them know they've been tagged by somebody who is less than satisfied with their driving, or blow a lot to have their car instantly rust away or teleported off the road into a holding area they have to pay a fine to get their car out of...

Beautiful, it brings a tear to my eye to consider that last one, sheer poetry :cry: . We need to get somebody on this right away!.

Let's take this seriously for a moment..at the least we might get a muncipal justice system or an insurance company for either Lazlo or a UWW world out of it...

I dunno if anybody here works as an insurance adjuster for calculating auto-insurance, but that would be helpful...
Let's try to figure out what would be the rates for good behavior and the Karma Points(relation to PPE) you could accumulate...Like say 1 Karma point =1 PPE point(or whatever) ..
So every 500 miles without an accident or demerit, you get 1 PPE added to your pool...
Every time you remember to signal a lane change= a tenth of a point
Letting people into a lane(within certain areas known for congestion)= a tenth of a point..
BAD behavior under the policy means SUBTRACTING points from your PPE pool....for every 10 miph over the posted speed limit, you lose a point(note that this is SUSTAINED speed, not the hit-the-gas-to-get-out-of-the-way-of-the-truck emergency speed)...Driving while talking on a cellphone(non hands-free design) lose 3 points, etc, etc...
Even if motorists are NOT subscribers to the policy, they can accumulate negative points, or actually cause subscribing motorists around them, if the bystanders are endangered or inconvenienced by your reckless behavior, they get points...so if somebody goes weaving in and out of traffic like a maniac, they're causing the folks they're almost running off the road to rack up points that might just be used to remove the maniac from the road...
Of course, the Karma Policy system has to be set up so if you're otherwise good, but make occasional mistakes, you're not doomed...
The system might also be expanded to include other perks...if you don't want to use your accumulated PPE pool to remove some jerk from the road, you might use it to cast a REstore spell on your old clunker, keeping it going for a few more miles, Extend Gas Mileage, or Cushion of Air/Second Chance that cuts in in event of a truly catastrophic crash you don't see coming....
Ideas? Suggested rates? Suggested perks?
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

I can use an easy system which penalizes those people who don't have insurance. I was hit last week by one!

It is legal for those wronged by uninsured to let them hunt them down. Once caught the uninsured have to be captured alive and then fed to some really big predator. Therefore people start making sure they have insurance.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

HH....FIE
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

The Night of November 4th 2008,the first White President of the United states of America is elected.
taalismn
Priest

Aramanthus wrote:I can use an easy system which penalizes those people who don't have insurance. I was hit last week by one!

It is legal for those wronged by uninsured to let them hunt them down. Once caught the uninsured have to be captured alive and then fed to some really big predator. Therefore people start making sure they have insurance.

Boy...you'd have insurance companies popping out of the woodwork to give people last minute saves...at desperation prices...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

gaby wrote:The Night of November 4th 2008,the first White President of the United states of America is elected.

The Night of November 4th 2008,the first human President of the United states of America is elected.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Roscoe Del'Tane
Adventurer

taalismn wrote:
Aramanthus wrote:I can use an easy system which penalizes those people who don't have insurance. I was hit last week by one!

Boy...you'd have insurance companies popping out of the woodwork to give people last minute saves...at desperation prices...

The law is quickly expanded to include those 'final-chance insure-ers', on the condition they must be shipped back to their corperate headquarters clutching a steering wheel as 'incentive' for the rest to insure drivers before they put a tire on the road.

Aramanthus
Monk

LOL Excellent additions.

Humankind slowly gets themselves in shape both mentally and phsyically. They then assault ever pproblem as a unit. Nothing is unsolvable. Humankind climbs to the stars within decades instead of whyat it's likely to be for us.....centuries.

HH....FIE
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

Every human within the USA over the age of 30 are restore to that age.

How will the world react
taalismn
Priest

The Ice Age was really a period of demonic dominance by cold-acclimated demonic spirits...with Wooly Mammoths as their prized hosts...It wasn't rampant human hunting that did them in...it was a campaign of self-defense against demonically-possessed living juggernauts...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

Good one Taalismn!

It turns out the universe is far older than they first thought it was. As it turns out the universe is well over 30 billion years. And when the end of the universe ends, it does so quickly. The astronomers starts seeing signs that the universe is coming to an end within a few decades. There is no turning back.

HH....FIE
Roscoe Del'Tane
Adventurer

Global Warming turns out to be caused by a demonic being from another dimension banished to this one, and finds the current climate a wee bit chilly. He's from shall we say a much warmer place? While he wants it to be warmer, he isn't all that fond of lava, brimstone and such things. He plans to melt the polar ice-caps and flood the world, and enslave the remaining humans. Unfortuantly, its a bunch of hippies and stoners who discover this, and its up to this group of mentally fogged individuals to try and rally the world and defeat their foe.

Columbus and his crew died of scurvy on their final trip to America, due to spoilage of their eatable goods. It wasn't until later that China made first contact with the indigenous peoples, and they showed a much different approach than the Europeans. They came in slowely, and as friends and teachers, with arms open and respect in their hearts. This tactic earned them the hearts and bodies of the Natives, and they encorperated them into a vast empire.

Neil Armstrong and the others make a startleing discovery when they plant the American flag on the moon: oil. The moon is one massive oil filled cave, and America is quick to claim it, and develops a pumping station on the moon.

The Russians claim all of SPACE as theirs, seeing as how they managed to get Sputnick up before anybody else could. They then begin to charge outragous fees to use their 'airspace' for satellites. Eventually, everybody else gets fed up with this, and force a military solution to the problem, with every country involved getting the rights to use the 'airspace'.
Last edited by Roscoe Del'Tane on Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

taalismn
Priest

Japan becomes the homeland of the Lost Tribes of Israel; gestablishing a culture mixing Chinese influences(evolving into more modern Japanese culture) but with a Judaic religious underpinning(*Yes; I got the idea from the discussion of non-Christian religious symbols' effectiveness against vampires...which yielded the memoriable 'ninjews' and 'samurabbi'...)
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Spanish explorers landing in Florida discover dinosaurs...Dinosaurs discover Spanish explorers...much screaming and running insues...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

LOL Some great ones!

The lost tribe of Isreali end up in North America. They settle an area and make a large section of it theirs. They have their religious wars with the natives. They end up surprising the Europeans when they show up.

HH....FIE
Roscoe Del'Tane
Adventurer

Einstein had a mild stroke just before begining work on the Mahattan Project. The frustration and anger he felt allowed the Allies to make prgress on their Nuclear Project much faster, and as a bonus, he also discovered a way to make nuclear power/weapons clean. Well, relatively so. The fissionable material is used up faster/more efficiently, no harmfull amount of radiation within 5 years, and no excess background radiation within 15.

Its A Wonderful Life is a huge flop, due to a twist ending meant as a joke, but accidentally put in the finished movie. After Clarence convinces him to live, George walks away from the edge of the bridge, and is hit by a truck and killed. This horrible blow to the movie industry means that no more holiday movies are ever made, and results in massive bankruptcy of many smaller theatre companies and assorted businesses.

Douglas Adams never manages to get Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy published. Many generations of geeks and nerds are denied in-jokes and odd humor.

George Lucas never found a replacement voice actor for Darth Vader, his Star Wars films are a horrible flop.
Alternitavely, Mark Hammil actually lost a hand during filming, due to a freak equipment malfuntion.

The first Final Fantasy was such a huge smash hit, that it enabled them to produce their own gaming system. Within 5 years, they have managed to completely dominate the video-game console market, and begin taking steps to conquere the arcade niche as well...

taalismn
Priest

Gone with the Wind flops horribly, after putting audiences to sleep with its utterly predictable ending with Rhett Butler deciding to stay and marry the girl...

General Lee is assassinated by a hard-liner subordinate on the way to Appomattox to surrender...

LIncoln feels a little sick with a head-cold and decides to stay home and read a book, rather than go to Ford's Theater...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
LostOne
Champion

Unread post by LostOne »

The nearest solar system to ours, whose sun is young and nowhere near going nova...goes nova. Right before it goes nova, scientists brought a new long range space telescope online and catch a spectacular space battle between two fleets that ends when the losing side, last ship, fires a weapon into the sun that causes the nova a couple hours later, before the winning fleet can escape the solar system.

Not only is life on other planets confirmed, but they're apparently warmongering and have the power to destroy all life in a solar system and we couldn't do a thing to stop them if they came after us.
"But you can't make an omelet without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others." -Order of the Stick #760
taalismn
Priest

LostOne wrote:The nearest solar system to ours, whose sun is young and nowhere near going nova...goes nova. Right before it goes nova, scientists brought a new long range space telescope online and catch a spectacular space battle between two fleets that ends when the losing side, last ship, fires a weapon into the sun that causes the nova a couple hours later, before the winning fleet can escape the solar system.

Not only is life on other planets confirmed, but they're apparently warmongering and have the power to destroy all life in a solar system and we couldn't do a thing to stop them if they came after us.

We also learn that we're all seriously *****d when the nova shockwave reaches us....We got only a few months before the serious radiation wavefront hits the solar system...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
LostOne
Champion

Unread post by LostOne »

taalismn wrote:We also learn that we're all seriously *****d when the nova shockwave reaches us....We got only a few months before the serious radiation wavefront hits the solar system...

I wasn't sure how far that would go or if it would affect us. Maybe scientists are shocked when nothing reaches us...a special effect of the weapon design maybe.
"But you can't make an omelet without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others." -Order of the Stick #760
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

Current day Europe (2008) is Exchange with Europe of 1938.

How will the U.S react?

How will the World?
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

That is a Great one Duck-foot,to Bad Sci-fi show like silders never did any thing like this.
taalismn
Priest

A group of Genesplicers invade Earth around the 1700's, establishing bases around the globe and setting loose genetic monstrousities(some of them originally human) to ravage the landscape, just for entertainment....Now in the 20th century, human civilization still barely hangs on between the religious who fear this 'time of damnation' and those who have fought to preserve the Enlightenment and plot against the alien tyrants. Both groups (or factions thereof) try to eliminate those taken by the aliens for experiments as 'tainted' or else try to recruit those who haven't been driven mad by their experiences, as weapons against the 'Splicers and their creations...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Roscoe Del'Tane
Adventurer

A group of Genesplicers accidentally Rift into the world of Splicers, and watch in horror as all of their painstakingly mutated subjects break out of their morphing ship. They barely escape with their lives (and a few, non-metal objects like P.C.'s and nutrient extractors) and are 'rescued' by a pary of Dreadguards and Scarecrows, and taken back to their hosts home. Just imagine what horrors they could cook up for use against the machine with a whole city full of subjects and access to Splicer bio-tech...

EE powers are commonplace, but they burn off a little bit of the persons life force with each shot, instead of being fueled by whatever. Each time a person fires a shot, they age one week and temporarily loose one point of S.D.C. (gone for two days). Soldiers and cops are the lucky 1% that don't have this problem, and are trained to the utmost in using their abilities.

One day, all cannibis plants dissapear from the face of the world, and are replaced with vicous, man-eating venus-flytrap (though they are just are effective an 'herb' as weed, only much more dangreous to grow).

taalismn
Priest

One day, everyone who's on a drug-induced 'trip' just...phsyically disappears...No explanation. Subsquently, anybody who similarly 'trips out' vanishes...nobody knows if it's alien abduction, reality-bending, some sort of drug-induced teleportation or what....The government immediately cracks down on narcotics traffic(while secretly conducting experiments)...Panicked people even avoid medical painkillers, fearful of what 'threshold' may trigger the disappearance...meanwhile, a whole slew of cults and druggie groups spring up, clammering for the means to 'Ascend' or go out on the 'Ultimate trip'....And criminals have a new means of disposing of people; 'sending them high', that removes the literal body of evidence...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

You think that's bad?
Check out http://bbs.stardestroyer.net/viewtopic. ... 5&t=118771
It's a fanfic about what happens when Satan declares Armageddon during the current time period...and discovers humans have gotten a LOT tougher than either Heaven or Hell anticipated...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
LostOne
Champion

Unread post by LostOne »

taalismn wrote:You think that's bad?
Check out http://bbs.stardestroyer.net/viewtopic. ... 5&t=118771
It's a fanfic about what happens when Satan declares Armageddon during the current time period...and discovers humans have gotten a LOT tougher than either Heaven or Hell anticipated...

Hollywood will jump on this one if they ever hear about it.

Doesn't matter if it's good or not (I don't have time to check it out).
taalismn
Priest

Terrorists in the course of attacking some small corner of the world, incidentally nail a visiting alien...the first anybody learns of it is when an alien armada shows up in orbit of the Earth demanding that action be taken...or they're coming down to sort it all out themselves...
The deceased alien could be a government figure visiting incognito, a reknowned celebrity among the aliens, or just a student or tourist(the aliens are keen on justice for their fallen).
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

There have been some great ones! Please keep them coming!

The world continues down the terrorist/ counter terrorist ways for many decades. Finally someone actually discovers that Hitler is still alive an doing wonderfully, while living hidden away from any knowledge that he is still alive due too cloning. He continues to forment trouble between various factions on earth to keep it under the influence of Chaos.

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

In the course of trying to develop the first atomic bomb, the Manhatten Project researchers stumble across a means of faster-than-light teleportation....

The In'valians weren't the only ones cursed by that badass alien intelligence...Eons ago, Humanity was too...We somehow managed to p.o. the giant mutha and it cursed us....we went from being incredibly powerful and virile masters of time and space to our pathetic state now as the central casting grunts and near-bottom-of-the-megaversal-foodchain beings all over the megaverse that we are now...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

duck-foot wrote:what if you lived in a world were whatever you had a nightmare about would come true.

I'd be arrested for public nudity(along with so many other people) in my old school...
"Oh no...not again..."
"Look, kid...this is what you have to look forward to when you get older..."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

LOL That was distrubing Taalismn!

Humanity is a hunted race. Every few years all sorts of races of the galaxy descend on earth and kidnap hundreds of people for hunting, killing and eating the people that were kidnapped.

HH....FIE
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

Some thing Happed in jan1 2009,every Contnent have been exchange with a counterpart from each century.

North America 2009

Europe 1909

South America 1809

Africa 1709

Asia 1609

Oceania 1509

What do you think?
taalismn
Priest

Once every five years, on each continent, 1 day in the past 5 may be effectively 'redone', but only by consensus of the people....the result of any changes performed within that 24-hour period immediately catch up to the people five years later, creating effectively a double-set of memories of several months, one of which fades with time into a dreamlike recollection...when two separate and opposing changes take place, the one with the greater consensus(more people believing in it) wins out...or else an entirely different set of events spins off from it...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

For the US all Contact with Europe is lost,the President order to dicover what happed.

A ship in the Atlantic ocean arrive in England,to see that it and all Europe is in the year 1909.

Soon it is revealed that all the other continent then North America,are 1 Century behind each other.

The U.S,Canada and Mexico are now the most High tech Nations in the World.

Whapped will you think will happed?
Greyaxe
Champion
Comment: Role playing is not my hobby, it is my lifestyle.

Unread post by Greyaxe »

gaby wrote:For the US all Contact with Europe is lost,the President order to dicover what happed.

A ship in the Atlantic ocean arrive in England,to see that it and all Europe is in the year 1909.

Soon it is revealed that all the other continent then North America,are 1 Century behind each other.

The U.S,Canada and Mexico are now the most High tech Nations in the World.

Whapped will you think will happed?

We enslave the planet an consume all its natural resources.

Oh wait that already ahppened.
Sureshot wrote:Listen you young whippersnappers in my day we had to walk for 15 no 30 miles to the nearest game barefoot both ways. We had real books not PDFS and we carried them on carts we pulled ourselves that we built by hand. We had Thaco and we were happy. If we needed dice we carved ours out of wood. Petrified wood just because we could.
taalismn
Priest

The tradition of the government in North America, since Colonial times, is that when things are bad, we sacrifice our President to the gods...

What we SHOULD have in place is that in harsh economic times, we sacrifice the CEOs to the gods....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Why not? The Gnomes already run Zurich...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Roscoe Del'Tane
Adventurer

taalismn wrote:Why not? The Gnomes already run Zurich...

And the dwarves work as mechanics, engineers, and leg-breakers for the mob.

[faux scottish accent] "Och! Ah hear ye've been behand on yer payments to mah friend. Yeh dinna wanna do that, it makes me axe a wee bit testy, and when that happens, Ah tend ta hafta hurt people."

The halflings are the gourmet chefs, drow are the assassins, and the kender are the professional thieves .

taalismn
Priest

Why not the Drow the gourmet cooks, the halflings the professional thieves, and the kender the assassins? :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Roscoe Del'Tane
Adventurer

taalismn wrote:Why not the Drow the gourmet cooks, the halflings the professional thieves, and the kender the assassins? :D

'Cause in Alaska, its legal to kill thieves, and I like the halflings as a species more than the Drow; and I think the kender should simply never have been put on paper in the first place, I got bored of their 'humor' halfway thorugh the first Dragonlance book.
The Drow make nearly the perfect assassins in the D&D world (at least among the mortal races), and can make decent foes or allies provided they are played the right way.
The halflings are an interesting species, but I can't really say that I ever got behind them (kept thinking of ol' Bilbo whenever they came up, always threw me for a loop).

taalismn
Priest

Overnight, all the gold in the world turns to lead...economic chaos insues....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

Every one over the age of 60 die. Any one becoming that age die within 24 hours.
How will the world react?

Cube,Haiti,hispaniola,puerto rico,jameica and other islands in the Caribbean Sea are Replace by ther 1709 counterparts,How will the world react?

What do you think will happed?
Aramanthus
Monk

LOL Some more excellent alternate universes!

During the showing of a movie somebady stumbles into the screen of a movie and steps thru. They are seen doing this. Movies truely becomes the escape for humanity. You see families vacationing in various movies. Lucky for us the movie creations can't come thru to our side. But people do die if they enter the wrong movie.
:::"Did you hear the Jone's were killed in that movie Aliens. They wanted a trip to another world and got those aliens stuck in them. Let's not go there honey, but we can send your mother there!":::

HH....FIE
Roscoe Del'Tane
Adventurer

Aramanthus wrote:LOL Some more excellent alternate universes!

During the showing of a movie somebady stumbles into the screen of a movie and steps thru. They are seen doing this. Movies truely becomes the escape for humanity. You see families vacationing in various movies. Lucky for us the movie creations can't come thru to our side. But people do die if they enter the wrong movie.
:::"Did you hear the Jone's were killed in that movie Aliens. They wanted a trip to another world and got those aliens stuck in them. Let's not go there honey, but we can send your mother there!":::

Seems to me that would make for some truly... interesting punishment options (the government would just have to sponsor a few films).

"You have been found guilty of Crimes Against Humanity, and War Crimes. You are sentenced to 23 consecutive life sentences without possibility of parole in 'Anally Inquisitive, Immortality Inducing Psychopathic Aliens', may you enjoy your stay there!"
Or "Pshh, that Batman guy ain't so tough; I could take him with one hand tied behind my back!"

Humanity as a whole has had perfect night vision for all of its history; as a result, they lose most of their 'bump in the night' tall/morality tales, as they have never feared the dark.

Humanity one day wakes up and finds that when an individual is intoxicated, they gain the major abilities of Invulnerability and SNPS. Criminal organizations now vie for the die-hard alcoholics, to pull off bank jobs and leg-breaking jobs.

Less than one percent of the total human population turns out to be superior psychics, able to use widespread telepathy and massive telekinesis; they have the foresight to keep out of the public eye and gently manipulate the public behind the scenes, humanity has most of their societal problems disappear at an alarming rate.

taalismn
Priest

gaby wrote:Every one over the age of 60 die. Any one becoming that age die within 24 hours.
How will the world react?
?

You'd have 59-year-olds spending their last year utterly totally drunk and debauched...Why?...Because...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

Great one Roscoe! Glad you enjoyed that one Duck-foot!

Continuing the one I started.......

More people continue to lose themselves in the film worlds and the population of earth continues to diminish as the years go by. The governments start panicking because of the decline of their population. They start sending special squads to collect various population from the film worlds. It is then that they discover that each individual copy of the movie creates it own seperate individual universe. And each change creates a different version. Such as foreign languages of the same movie creates another alternative.

HH....FIE

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”