Shemerrian Nation.

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Lenwen

Shemerrian Nation.

Unread post by Lenwen »

What do you all think will be learned from this book an what do you guys think they have been up to aside from whats presented in Aftermath ?
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin
Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.

Re: Shemerrian Nation.

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

It'll have some of Archies plans in there which are always nice.

It'll have them as optional PC's, probably unknowning that they're working for Archie.

It'll have some optional alternates in there. Different types of Shemerrians and different mounts. New weapons.

And probably some adventure ideas.

It's supposed to be one of the SMALL books isn't it? like 48 pages? Count out 1/4th for art (( give or take and you're looking at 32 pages of text. give or take.

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

James Tiberius Kirk: Well, not _only_...
Danger
Champion
Comment: The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." - George Carlin

Unread post by Danger »

Pepsi Jedi wrote:It'll have some of Archies plans in there which are always nice.

It'll have them as optional PC's, probably unknowning that they're working for Archie.

It'll have some optional alternates in there. Different types of Shemerrians and different mounts. New weapons.

And probably some adventure ideas.

It's supposed to be one of the SMALL books isn't it? like 48 pages? Count out 1/4th for art (( give or take and you're looking at 32 pages of text. give or take.

That would be my guess as well. It'll probally also expound upon their 'background'.
"Can you kill me?! With those feeble arms?!" - Ogami Itto
"Bodycount's in the house!" - Ice T
"The Great Destroyer is back again!" - Duo Maxwell
"It's mine you hear? Mine ALL MINE Get back in there. Down Down Down! Go Go Go! MINE MINE MINE!!!" --Daffy Duck
Nekira Sudacne wrote:Sorry, the Anime genre and the Furry genre don't usually mix, except where Catgirls are concerned :D
ZorValachan
Adventurer

Unread post by ZorValachan »

Maybe it'll also be explained why no one has said, 'hey those are robots, not cyborgs!' when a mage or psychic looks at their auras.
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

ZorValachan wrote:Maybe it'll also be explained why no one has said, 'hey those are robots, not cyborgs!' when a mage or psychic looks at their auras.

Since Borgs are also impervious to See Aura, it would be an odd conclusion to come to.

Other psychic powers might detect something, but this is addressed in SB1r.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
ZorValachan
Adventurer

Killer Cyborg wrote:

Can you tell me which page or section on both cyborgs and robots this is on?

Because from the psi-power and spell, See Aura states all living and nonliving thing have an aura that can be seen. I just had 2 adventures since starting my last Rifts game (as GM) and want to be sure on this before I make some major mistake.
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

This is partially addressed in "Aftermath"

Firstly the Shemerrians "Appear" to be alive, and are even warm to the touch.. if you risk loosing your arm and manage to grab ahold of one for a second or two. (( They don't seem to take kindly to it, and their interactions with strangers seems to be "Get out of here or die.... please" Followed with shooing you on out of where ever 'there' is and if you abjectly refuse and are a rooster about it... killing you.))

Secondly...

It appears that when Archie was dealing with the Mechinoids, the Mechinoids had gone in and started retooling Archies factories and had shared their hyper advanced technology with him in doing so, thinking that Archie was a like mind and brother of sort.

Archie double crossed them and killed them all. But he saved the technological advance. In doing so, he's found a way to block telemechanics and like psionic powers. (( Using the Mechinoid ... stuff... to do so.))

It's also stated that the Shemerrian's 'go back and clean up' the battle sites where their kind are 'killed' and in only one occasion were 'parts' recovered before the cleaning crews went in and sanitized the area.

The tech that looked at the parts did conclude that some of them appeared to be of earth make but far beyond what the CS or Northern gun could produce. But was also signifigantly confused as to what he saw that he thinks he might have been mistaken.

Since that time, Archie has changed production to include parts that _appear_ to be Kittani manufacture, just in case it happens again. To help foster the image that they are some how from Atlantis and perhaps the spearhead of a Kittani uprising aginst their masters, and nothing tieing them to himself.

But in short, the robots clean up after themselves and archie is extremely paranoid ( as in psychosis lvl. Not just jittery. The lil toaster is nuts) .

With instantaneous satellite communications (( Archie is the only one to have them)) he can tell when his units get wiped out and instantly send other units to sanitize the area. In doing so he can see if stuff is missing and 'recover' it if need be.

Unlike most people and NPCs, Archies robots can move at max speed, for unlimited hours with no need to stop and rest. And with the satellite communications denied to everyone but himself, vector in on any 'lost parts' taken from the scene of a battle much quicker than others might think. It pays for him to keep his secret.

But... he __is__ a loon. A smart loon but nuts all the same. he's playing ALOT of different ends and stretching his stuff way way out there (( In Manistique and Ishpheming especially))

I figure that the upcoming source book will address more 'improvements' to help distance himself from the Shemerrians in case of destruction, and likewise his reasoning for suddenly fielding as many more units as he has.

It's been stated clearly he loathes the Sploogs, and wants to kick them off NA soil up to and including their little base up in Newfoundland. Maybe they're massing for that. Maybe not... but it is a book I'm interested in.

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

Samored II
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Samored II »

Pepsi Jedi wrote:It's been stated clearly he loathes the Sploogs, and wants to kick them off NA soil up to and including their little base up in Newfoundland. Maybe they're massing for that. Maybe not... but it is a book I'm interested in.

An in-game correction of the single largest strategic error writers fiat imposed on the NA setting would be appreciated.
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

ZorValachan wrote:
Killer Cyborg wrote:

RUE 47
Combat Cyborgs/Full Conversion Borgs do enjoy a _5 bonus to save vs. possession, +3 bonus to save vs. magic, and are impervious to psionic bio-manipulation, telemechanics (all), See Aura, and any attacks or weapons that do damage direct to Hit Points (is considered a Mega-Damage being now).

SB1r 105
Psychics have raised some questions over the fact that they cannot sense the presence nor see a living aura when psi-scanning Shemarrians or their Monst-Rex riding animals. Any sort of sensing for life signs, See Aura, Telepathy, and Empathy will produce negative results. A zero reading would indicate that these creatures are either so alien that they do not register in the same way as most other organic life forms (a rarity, although there have been some means developed to block psionic probes), or they are not alive as we understand life (supernatural undead) or they are robots. Another telling sign that the rider and her mount are not living creatures is the absence of magic and PPE emanations. However, most people, a) have not heard about this, b) dismiss it as an effect of their alien bionics or their own alien nature as blocking their life readints, or c) just don't care. Psychics may wonder otherwise, but for now most people accept the women as D-Bee warriors from an alien dimension.

Because from the psi-power and spell, See Aura states all living and nonliving thing have an aura that can be seen. I just had 2 adventures since starting my last Rifts game (as GM) and want to be sure on this before I make some major mistake.

Borgs probably still have an aura, it's just that none of the normal information can be gained from using See Aura on them.
The aura of the non-living cybernetics/bionics overwhelms the living aura from their remaining body parts.

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Samored II
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Samored II »

Rogue_Scientist wrote:
Samored II wrote:
Pepsi Jedi wrote:It's been stated clearly he loathes the Sploogs, and wants to kick them off NA soil up to and including their little base up in Newfoundland. Maybe they're massing for that. Maybe not... but it is a book I'm interested in.

An in-game correction of the single largest strategic error writers fiat imposed on the NA setting would be appreciated.

Eh? And which is that?

Why, if there is a functional pyramid in Newfoundland, is there still an independent North America.
rat_bastard
Kreelockian
Comment: Maybe if my sig line is clever enough someone will finally love me.

Unread post by rat_bastard »

Samored II wrote:
Rogue_Scientist wrote:
Samored II wrote:

Eh? And which is that?

Why, if there is a functional pyramid in Newfoundland, is there still an independent North America.

Because the Splugorith could have a thousand pyramids in NA and they still would not take over their free range slave farm.
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
Killer Cyborg
Priest

rat_bastard wrote:
Samored II wrote:Why, if there is a functional pyramid in Newfoundland, is there still an independent North America.

Because the Splugorith could have a thousand pyramids in NA and they still would not take over their free range slave farm.

Pretty much.
Of all the reasons mentioned for Slyncryth NOT taking over North America, difficulty of travel is not one of them.
It's just more work than it would be worth, at this point.

sHaka
Hero
Comment: Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt

Unread post by sHaka »

Samored II wrote:
Rogue_Scientist wrote:
Samored II wrote:

Eh? And which is that?

Boredom for a being tens of thousands of years old is a real danger - why would he want rid of such a rich source of amusement?
Northern Gun Weapons Technician, R&D Department
Reading: Savage Worlds / Savage Rifts
Playing: Nothing U_U
Advocating: A free, super-slick .pdf of Palladium's core system with sample characters and scenario
My Dead Reign Character Sheet
Palladium Books RPG Google+ Community
ZorValachan
Adventurer

Killer Cyborg wrote:
ZorValachan wrote:
Killer Cyborg wrote:

RUE 47
Combat Cyborgs/Full Conversion Borgs do enjoy a _5 bonus to save vs. possession, +3 bonus to save vs. magic, and are impervious to psionic bio-manipulation, telemechanics (all), See Aura, and any attacks or weapons that do damage direct to Hit Points (is considered a Mega-Damage being now).

SB1r 105
Psychics have raised some questions over the fact that they cannot sense the presence nor see a living aura when psi-scanning Shemarrians or their Monst-Rex riding animals. Any sort of sensing for life signs, See Aura, Telepathy, and Empathy will produce negative results. A zero reading would indicate that these creatures are either so alien that they do not register in the same way as most other organic life forms (a rarity, although there have been some means developed to block psionic probes), or they are not alive as we understand life (supernatural undead) or they are robots. Another telling sign that the rider and her mount are not living creatures is the absence of magic and PPE emanations. However, most people, a) have not heard about this, b) dismiss it as an effect of their alien bionics or their own alien nature as blocking their life readints, or c) just don't care. Psychics may wonder otherwise, but for now most people accept the women as D-Bee warriors from an alien dimension.

Borgs probably still have an aura, it's just that none of the normal information can be gained from using See Aura on them.
The aura of the non-living cybernetics/bionics overwhelms the living aura from their remaining body parts.

Thank you, this was exactly what I wanted/needed.
Josh Sinsapaugh
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Unread post by Josh Sinsapaugh »

Lenwen wrote:What do you all think will be learned from this book an what do you guys think they have been up to aside from whats presented in Aftermath ?

I have a good guess. :P

Pepsi Jedi wrote:It's supposed to be one of the SMALL books isn't it? like 48 pages? Count out 1/4th for art (( give or take and you're looking at 32 pages of text. give or take.

Yes and no. I wrote it targeting 64 pages. Press release says 96. The actual page count upon publication? I'm not sure.

But yeah, small book. I tried to pack as much info in it as possible.

~ Josh
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

Looking forward to it Josh! I'm not all about the minion war stuff so some nice unadulterated rifts info on ol Archie will be a nice refresher. Small or not!

rat_bastard
Kreelockian
Comment: Maybe if my sig line is clever enough someone will finally love me.

Unread post by rat_bastard »

I hope he got over all that crazy prices for stuff thing he had going on in Arzno.
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
Lord_Dalgard
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: CoH/CoV Global @Frontovik

Unread post by Lord_Dalgard »

Chello!

ARCHIE and Hagan and their many nefarious plans are always nice. :)

Tony
Anthony N. Emmel
Proud Member of CLD 2.0
GM of the Guardians of the Polar Bear

"Those blast points are too precise for Pecos raiders. Only
Coalition Deadboys are that accurate."
--Unknown Cyber Knight in CS Lone Star.

+425 Movie Geek Points!
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

You mean a coverstory?

Because we have a history of them. Archie made um. lol

BookWyrm
Champion
Comment: Mondos non cogitarus, Consilium!

Unread post by BookWyrm »

I'm actually looking forward to this book.

Here's a thought: If the 'known' Shemarrian Warriors are all connected to Archie, what happens when one breaks free & goes 'rogue'?
"Yes, I know I'm going to hell; I'm bringing marshmallows."
BookWyrm aka The Horn'd One
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Honourable but not gullible;
a Hero of the Megaverse. :D
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

Well Battlestar Galactica starts up again tonight. You can explore that question there.

BookWyrm
Champion

Meh, I'll keep tabs on BSG.
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Unread post by cornholioprime »

ZorValachan wrote:Maybe it'll also be explained why no one has said, 'hey those are robots, not cyborgs!' when a mage or psychic looks at their auras.
"Somebody" already knows.

ARCHIE has recently (109 P.A., "Rifts Aftermath, I think") discovered that he is losing his Shemarrians in record numbers...somewhere in the vicinity of the Magic Zone...Ill have to look it up again.
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
Danger
Champion
Comment: The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." - George Carlin

Unread post by Danger »

Josh Sinsapaugh wrote:
Lenwen wrote:What do you all think will be learned from this book an what do you guys think they have been up to aside from whats presented in Aftermath ?

Jason let you know what he's putting in the book? :D
"Can you kill me?! With those feeble arms?!" - Ogami Itto
"Bodycount's in the house!" - Ice T
"The Great Destroyer is back again!" - Duo Maxwell
"It's mine you hear? Mine ALL MINE Get back in there. Down Down Down! Go Go Go! MINE MINE MINE!!!" --Daffy Duck
Nekira Sudacne wrote:Sorry, the Anime genre and the Furry genre don't usually mix, except where Catgirls are concerned :D
The Galactus Kid
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Danger wrote:
Josh Sinsapaugh wrote:

Jason let you know what he's putting in the book? :D

:shock: SNAP
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

I'm looking forward to this book too!
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

cornholioprime wrote:
"Somebody" already knows.

ARCHIE has recently (109 P.A., "Rifts Aftermath, I think") discovered that he is losing his Shemarrians in record numbers...somewhere in the vicinity of the Magic Zone...Ill have to look it up again.

Curious now myself .. after reading up in aftermath again , I could not find this tidbit of into Corn . Help me please haha .
Aramanthus
Monk

I have to admit I'd like to hear what page and book that is on too. But I do vaguely remember something about that somewhere. I just can't remember.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

HH....FIE
Josh Sinsapaugh
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Page 104 of Aftermath under the subsection marked A wild card.

~ Josh
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

Looks like foreshadowing for the gearing up of the "CS under siege" Sorta story arch that has been building for a while now.

Looks like the Magic Zone is going to team up with other 'baddies' and put the CS under siege much like they did tolkeen. Poising the CS to need all the help they can get. This will likely force them to accept help from Lazlo, New Lazlo, The Vanguard, Free Quebec, possibly Archie, and such to beat back the evil from the Magic zone, Calgary, The Pecos Raiders, and whom else ever they can dig up. (( probably which ever evil is presented in the Deep south books.)

Thing is, this arch has got to be at minimum a year if not two away. The Hellwar books, though supposed to be finished last year are still barely off the launch pad with 4 or so more scheduled out. Even if by some miracle they all get pumped out this year, Palladium isn't going to go straight from there into another book arch that will rival the Tolkeen war campaign straight off the bat.

So yeah.. the foreshadowing is nice, and I hope I'm right that such things are being built up. (( it'd be nice to see the CS as a 'defender' against evil forces instead of an aggressor, and having to swallow their anti magic (( if not anti Debee too)) Stuff to survive would be very interesting to see how it's handled in canon.

Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

I for one do not think a "siege" on the CS or any of its holdings would really be that good of an idea ..
several reasons ..

1) - Tech weapons far outreach even lvl 15 mages with weapon type spells ( an there are not many 15th lvl mages anywhere )

2) - To Lay siege to something is far harder to wage an actual war .. especially if the 1 your laying seige to has allies outside of the place your laying siege to .

Basically enough . The CS would have to be all laid to siege every fortress city with ample enough power to suck enough of each fortress cities own military units that they could not send help to any other fortress city .

Magic is a very powerful tool . In the right hands that are capable of using it to its fullest ..
Magic at its best .. possible range ... is still 4,000 feet short of even the most simple of rail gun ranges ... if you talk about combat range of spells ...

With the amount of firepower the FoM would need to bring to bere on each Fortress city they would litterally need nexus lines placed right next to each fortress city itself to sustain such capabilities ..

I personally do not see the CS/FoM going at it at all ever .. if 1 goes down you lose HALF the story that keeps the engine of Rifts N.A. working .

If they were going to do anything like this they would have done it by now and that would be it heh .

I DO believe its not that far of a stretch to have the CS and the Xitixic going at it for a huge story arch .. Expecially after removing Tolkeen from the map . It is the only logical explanation for why the CS so vehemtly went to war with Tolkeen .

Think about it . War is waged for resources 99% of the time . Albeit started oversomething simple (aka trojan war started due to a wife that left a husband but both city states were in effect wanting the trade routes of the other one ) With huge underlaying tones in it .

Thus I present to you .. N.A.'s true hero at the end of the next huge story arch . Coalition States.
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

I didn't mean siege as in the FoM come up and encircle the citys and just sit and wait. It was just a turn of phrase meaning yes. War with the CS.

And yes I have been one of the ones noting that discrepency with tech weapon ranges and spell ranges and was one of the ones that said the CS should have mopped the floor with Tolkeen in large due to such things.

But from a Fluff stand point, it seems that many of the books have been leading up to such a sort of action. The FoM and Pechos Raiders, and the Demons from Calgary, all teaming up and hitting the CS in mass. (( or not even teamed up. If the FoM hit them the raiders would no doubt move on lone star as it'd be cut off, and the Demons would see it as a great time to get into the mix. ect)).

The bugs are the 'next major threat' but even in their own book it's stated that the CS are aware of it but haven't started much yet. J Homes is supposed to lead that war but I don't see them putting out another book on the topic when they've already got one out.

The "CS WAR" would be able to be a sweeping book with long range implications, and would sell like hotcakes because the CS are so central to the rifts settings and they've been building up enemies of the CS for about 50 sourcebooks now.

The logistics of it or how it came to be could be legion. Who starts it and what ever could be limitless, but alot of the fluff seems to hint that it's brewing. heck the CS's formation was based in a mindless aggressive attack by forces of the FoM. And every book that mentions them says they're just seething and yearning for round two. It's gotta happen sometime.

Talavar
Hero

Unread post by Talavar »

Any war of the Federation of Magic, Pecos Bandits, Monster Kingdom of Calgary, etc. vs. the CS would probably be less of a siege or full-scale war than terrorism and guerilla warfare. Magic can give great abilities for movement and hiding, so the FoM could hit CS towns and villages (they can't all be fortress cities), or military patrols then melt back into the magic zone. The Pecos Bandits could hit the more isolated southern parts of the CS, in Lone Star & El Dorado, before hightailing it south again.

Any stand-up fight against the CS military would be lost by the FoM or the Pecos bandits, so they can't afford to fight in such a manner, if they're to have any success.
- If I never hear real world military buffs complaining about Rifts weapons technology again it'll be too soon
- Rifts isn't Warhammer 40K. Try to remember that.
- In vino veritas, and I am hammered!
Prince Artemis
Voice of the Gateway
Comment: I love how people are quick to make demands, make spurious claims and then play the victim when you call them on it.
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, CANADA. NOT Austrailia, CANADA.

Unread post by Prince Artemis »

Talavar wrote:Any war of the Federation of Magic, Pecos Bandits, Monster Kingdom of Calgary, etc. vs. the CS would probably be less of a siege or full-scale war than terrorism and guerilla warfare. Magic can give great abilities for movement and hiding, so the FoM could hit CS towns and villages (they can't all be fortress cities), or military patrols then melt back into the magic zone. The Pecos Bandits could hit the more isolated southern parts of the CS, in Lone Star & El Dorado, before hightailing it south again.

Any stand-up fight against the CS military would be lost by the FoM or the Pecos bandits, so they can't afford to fight in such a manner, if they're to have any success.

I don't know about that. You could cause a heck of a lot of trouble if you managed to sneak enough summoners/shifters into the burbs before the battle. Have the mages and their mercs attack the city at range with demon hordes, and then when the defending forces head out you start mass summoning mosters and demons right on their door step while their attention is elsewhere.

Not saying that it would be 100% successful, but the truth is that tactics can account for a rediculous amount in battle.

I just pitty chi town if someone in the FOM manages to get all the pieces of castlerake.
Talavar
Hero

Unread post by Talavar »

Prince Artemis wrote:
Talavar wrote:Any war of the Federation of Magic, Pecos Bandits, Monster Kingdom of Calgary, etc. vs. the CS would probably be less of a siege or full-scale war than terrorism and guerilla warfare. Magic can give great abilities for movement and hiding, so the FoM could hit CS towns and villages (they can't all be fortress cities), or military patrols then melt back into the magic zone. The Pecos Bandits could hit the more isolated southern parts of the CS, in Lone Star & El Dorado, before hightailing it south again.

I don't know about that. You could cause a heck of a lot of trouble if you managed to sneak enough summoners/shifters into the burbs before the battle. Have the mages and their mercs attack the city at range with demon hordes, and then when the defending forces head out you start mass summoning mosters and demons right on their door step while their attention is elsewhere.

Not saying that it would be 100% successful, but the truth is that tactics can account for a rediculous amount in battle.

I just pitty chi town if someone in the FOM manages to get all the pieces of castlerake.

The problem with that is hiding all those shifters. Each one radiates to psi-stalkers & dog boys, especially their summoned minions. Now the range isn't huge, but with regular patrols, the CS is going to root some of them out before the plan is ready, and catch some before they even reach the Chi-town burbs.

But the biggest problem is numbers. Unless all those shifters are extremely high level, they're going to have 2 or 3 minions maximum, less if they're greater beings. Now, some of those are potentially quite powerful, but there are also many many times fewer shifters in the Federation of Magic than soldiers in the CS. The distraction to lure away CS forces would have to be incredibly large to draw off and tie down the bulk of their military force - because even if almost the entire CS army was fighting the Xiticix, it's not a very long flight back for all those Samas & sky cycles in an emergency.
- If I never hear real world military buffs complaining about Rifts weapons technology again it'll be too soon
Prince Artemis
Voice of the Gateway
Comment: I love how people are quick to make demands, make spurious claims and then play the victim when you call them on it.
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, CANADA. NOT Austrailia, CANADA.

Unread post by Prince Artemis »

Talavar wrote:
Prince Artemis wrote:

The problem with that is hiding all those shifters. Each one radiates to psi-stalkers & dog boys, especially their summoned minions. Now the range isn't huge, but with regular patrols, the CS is going to root some of them out before the plan is ready, and catch some before they even reach the Chi-town burbs.

But the biggest problem is numbers. Unless all those shifters are extremely high level, they're going to have 2 or 3 minions maximum, less if they're greater beings. Now, some of those are potentially quite powerful, but there are also many many times fewer shifters in the Federation of Magic than soldiers in the CS. The distraction to lure away CS forces would have to be incredibly large to draw off and tie down the bulk of their military force - because even if almost the entire CS army was fighting the Xiticix, it's not a very long flight back for all those Samas & sky cycles in an emergency.

You only have to worry about small numbers of summons if you want to bind them to yourself. Opening a circle and basically yelling 'come and get it' doesn't have a limit. Plus, if you're smart you'll summon the right things (like a death weaver first which is a full blown summoner, etc).
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

Talavar wrote:
The distraction to lure away CS forces would have to be incredibly large to draw off and tie down the bulk of their military force - because even if almost the entire CS army was fighting the Xiticix, it's not a very long flight back for all those Samas & sky cycles in an emergency.

Agreed , But also if you remember the CS has not allowed the Xitixic the luxury of knowing where their hive (as it were) is located ..

If the CS military enmass cuts a swath threw the Xit territory , and then simply turns back around headed back to Chi-Town you can bet the farm those Xitixic are going to follow .. Enmass ..
Talavar
Hero

Unread post by Talavar »

Prince Artemis wrote:You only have to worry about small numbers of summons if you want to bind them to yourself. Opening a circle and basically yelling 'come and get it' doesn't have a limit. Plus, if you're smart you'll summon the right things (like a death weaver first which is a full blown summoner, etc).

But why would the demons, etc., bother fighting the CS? They could just high-tail it in the opposite direction and find a lot easier targets than Chi-town.

Lenwen wrote:Agreed , But also if you remember the CS has not allowed the Xitixic the luxury of knowing where their hive (as it were) is located ..

If the CS military enmass cuts a swath threw the Xit territory , and then simply turns back around headed back to Chi-Town you can bet the farm those Xitixic are going to follow .. Enmass ..

If enough of the CS is fighting in Xiticix territory that Chi-town is largely undefended, fast fliers like Samas & sky cycle pilots could leave in an emergency & the bugs would still be pinned down by those firing from the ground. And the speed difference between sky cycles, samas & xiticix is so great that the flying bugs would be almost immediately out-distanced.
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

Talavar wrote:
Prince Artemis wrote:You only have to worry about small numbers of summons if you want to bind them to yourself. Opening a circle and basically yelling 'come and get it' doesn't have a limit. Plus, if you're smart you'll summon the right things (like a death weaver first which is a full blown summoner, etc).

But why would the demons, etc., bother fighting the CS? They could just high-tail it in the opposite direction and find a lot easier targets than Chi-town.

Lenwen wrote:Agreed , But also if you remember the CS has not allowed the Xitixic the luxury of knowing where their hive (as it were) is located ..

If enough of the CS is fighting in Xiticix territory that Chi-town is largely undefended, fast fliers like Samas & sky cycle pilots could leave in an emergency & the bugs would still be pinned down by those firing from the ground. And the speed difference between sky cycles, samas & xiticix is so great that the flying bugs would be almost immediately out-distanced.

Not true .. or it could be heh dont have the books with me atm . But so far that I personally remember the exact speed at which the Xit's can fly has never been addressed , Ceiling yes but not speed ...

Which could mean they very well could keep pace with or perhaps even overtake the samas ..

Again I very well could be wrong tho .
AzathothXy
Adventurer

Unread post by AzathothXy »

Lenwen wrote:
Talavar wrote:

Not true .. or it could be heh dont have the books with me atm . But so far that I personally remember the exact speed at which the Xit's can fly has never been addressed , Ceiling yes but not speed ...

Which could mean they very well could keep pace with or perhaps even overtake the samas ..

Again I very well could be wrong tho .

The fastest flyer is the Xit Hunter. Spd flying is 1D6x10+120. Which is basically 90 to 124 mph.
The Nuclear Chaos
That thing is not dead which has the capacity to continue to exist eternally,
And if the abnormal ones come,then death may cease to be
Aramanthus
Monk

Thank you Josh for that information! It is much appreciated.

HH....FIE
Josh Sinsapaugh

Aramanthus wrote:Thank you Josh for that information! It is much appreciated.

The page number I posted?

No problem. No trouble at all. :ok:

~ Josh
BookWyrm
Champion

Hmmmm..........here's what I'm thinking......

A ("free") Shemarrian as a PC.

*dives for cover*
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Josh Sinsapaugh

BookWyrm wrote:Hmmmm..........here's what I'm thinking......

A ("free") Shemarrian as a PC.

*dives for cover*

Hmmmm...

Rifts® Adventure Sourcebook: The Shemarrian Nation™
– Ships March or April
Jason Marker is already fast at work editing and tweaking the Rifts® Shemarrian Nation™ adventure sourcebook so we can release it in March or April.

The Shemarrians, the phantom right arm of Archie Three and a force to be reckoned with in the wild woods beyond the Eastern Wall (the Allegheny Mountains). An in-depth look at the fabricated femme fatales, their false society, and the schemes and dreams that Archie and Hagan have in store for them.

*The Shemarrians and their place in the Eastern Wilderness. How the regional factions and power blocs view the warrior women and how the Shemarrians (and Archie) view them.
*Shemarrian history, society, and culture.
*Shemarrian Secrets: They are really androids fabricated by Archie Three.
*New types, war mounts and weapons of Shemarrians.
*Over a dozen android and robot minions of Archie Three, including the Avian Spy, Shemarrian Pariah, and the so-called R'Mar Alien.
*Shemarrians as Optional Player Characters.
*Written by Josh Sinsapaugh.
*96 pages – $16.95 retail – Cat. No. 878. Ships March or April, 2009.

~ Josh
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

Josh Sinsapaugh wrote:Rifts® Adventure Sourcebook: The Shemarrian Nation™
– Ships March or April
Jason Marker is already fast at work editing and tweaking the Rifts® Shemarrian Nation™ adventure sourcebook so we can release it in March or April.

The Shemarrians, the phantom right arm of Archie Three and a force to be reckoned with in the wild woods beyond the Eastern Wall (the Allegheny Mountains). An in-depth look at the fabricated femme fatales, their false society, and the schemes and dreams that Archie and Hagan have in store for them.

*The Shemarrians and their place in the Eastern Wilderness. How the regional factions and power blocs view the warrior women and how the Shemarrians (and Archie) view them.
*Over a dozen android and robot minions of Archie Three, including the Avian Spy, Shemarrian Pariah, and the so-called R'Mar Alien.

:eek: :shock: :eek: :shock: :eek: :shock:

I can NOT wait !!!
Aramanthus
Monk

I agree. It'll make another interesting character to try out. I have several friends who'll try them out as soon as they can.

HH....FIE
BookWyrm
Champion

Josh Sinsapaugh wrote:
Rifts® Adventure Sourcebook: The Shemarrian Nation™
– Ships March or April

~ Josh

OK, I'm picking this book up when it hits.
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Gotta get this...the possibilities...the existentalist angst! If you're a Shemarrian, do you REALLY have free will? Or is it all illusion? Even if you entertain thoughts of rebellion, is it real, or was it programmed in already!?
Oh, the trials and tribulations of being a robot...
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
BookWyrm
Champion

Would they be able to consume food? Or even have...you know...relations? :eyebrow:
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

BookWyrm wrote:Would they be able to consume food? Or even have...you know...relations? :eyebrow:

Considering that the Kremmin find bionics to be fetching and stylish...a techno-come-on...there's going to be a lot of crushed young male Kremmin laying around the Eastern woods...

"Because a point-blank hypervelocity, depleted uranium, fletchette rail gun blast sez 'NO!' in any language..."
Last edited by taalismn on Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Return to “Rifts®”